BFL - Sunny Sunday 2/24

Sherry K

Cathlete
Good morning all!

Rest day here, and I intend to do just that. The only scheduled activity is ice skating with DD, both kids have reports to work on so probably a trip t o the library. 'Course there's always grocerymax, cleanmax, and laundrymax, but at least they're not in between everything else.

Just getting us rolling. BBL!

Good Morning Sherry! Have fun with all your activities today!

The bowl-a-thon went great yesterday! Lots of money raised. I packed my meals and I'm proud to say I did not eat any yummy/fattening bowling alley food!! Hip Hip Hurray!

I will run on the TM today, cleanmax and grocerymax (Sherry, I'll see you on aisle 8!) ;)

Good morning to all that follow!

Good morning ladies! Happy Sunday! The sun is shining and it's a GORGEOUS (but cold) day out there!!!

Stephanie-WAY TO BE PREPARED, BOY SCOUT! LOL AWESOME job! Doesn't it feel so good to JUST DO IT???

Sherry-enjoy your day of rest! And ice skating (but be careful!)

KathyG-how'd your run go??? When I hit, like mile 8, I was thinking about you and kept on GOING!

This morning, for me, was my long run of 10 miles on the TM! I really DID NOT want to do it on the TM, but the icy roads just are NOT worth the risk of falling and getting hurt (as Kathy said, a 3 second slip and fall can really do damage). So I used iTread set 6 (60 minute outdoor set) for the first 6.25 miles, then I just listened to music on my iPod and increased and decreased the speed and hill every song, till I hit my 10 miles.

The kids and I are going to have breakfast, then watch Terminator 2. (we saw the first one last night, and we'll see the third one tonight...the kids love movies like that). Then we have DS' basketball game this afternoon, the SO's DS' game right after. Quiet day, though....all fun family stuff!

KEEP ON TRUCKIN', LADIES! Let's set this week ON FIRE!

Gayle

Morning everyone!

Sherry – Enjoy your ice skating with your daughter, that sounds like fun! Ugh, I’ve been doing some clean max of my own too….two floors down (basement and first floor) so now I just have the bedrooms and bathrooms upstairs today.

Steph – Great news that the bowlathon went well! Are you enjoying your treadmill?

Gayle – I just finished about a half hour ago….14 miles on the treadmill! Yikes! My time was 2:43:47 for a pace of 11:41 (which is a little bit faster than my training guide recommendation of 11:55, oh well). My heartrate monitor said I burned 1483 calories and I WILL NOT use that as an excuse to eat lots of carbs today, lol. Okay, gotta run and hit the shower….I’m REALLY stinky!

Be back later.

Kathy

Good morning everyone!

Sherry - enjoy your rest day! You'll see me with Stephanie on aisle 8 for GroceryMax!!;-)

Stephanie - way to go on the bowl-a-thon! And for packing your own food. What a great feeling to get through something like that knowing that you stayed on track, huh?!

Gayle - enjoy Terminator 2!!

I am coming down with something and I'm trying to ignore it. And on top of that I have major DOMS all over! Not complaining about that though..}( . I'll be doing a whole lot of NOTHING today, other than grocery shopping.

Have a great day everyone!

Melissa-I hope you feel better soon. Take it easy NOW, and maybe it won't get to the 'full blown' stage of whatever you're getting! LOTS OF FLUIDS, girl!

Kathy-I purposely did NOT wear my HRM today, because I did NOT want to be tempted to say, "oh, I ran off 2000 calories, I can afford to eat this or that"! My time for the 10 miles was 91:50. But I tried not to focus on that either, just run and run! GREAT JOB to you!!!

Today is NOT FREE DAY for me. Remember, I started on Wednesday, with the express purpose to NOT have Free Day on the weekend. Know what? It feels GREAT to have the control. My legs are tight, but I got in an awesome stretch for 20 minutes during the beginning of Terminator 2....I used the band and pretty much did the band Stretch Max segment...I've done it enough to know that routine by heart! HA! Felt GREAT!

Headed for Meal 2 right now, and then basketball in an hour!

Later, ladies!

Gayle

Morning everyone,

Today is a rest day. If anything I may do some abs since I haven't been doing well getting those in. But I may just do nothing today.

I am finishing up laundrymax this morning. Cleanmax was yesterday.

The sunshine looks so nice out but I know it is cold. I hope Spring is on the way.

Rhonda

Back from skating. Clarification – it was DD’s figure skating lessons. I did walk the track the entire time, so was about 2 miles at a leisurely pace.

Stephanie – I admire your self-control!

Gayle – Great run!

Kathy – Also a great run!

Melissa – Hope you feel better quickly!

Rhonda – Enjoy your rest day, and the MI sunshine!

This was the end of week 12. I was bummed out earlier because I wasn’t where I hoped to be, but I had some time for contemplation last night. Last fall the dr. recommended that I lose 10-15 pounds, which was what started this journey. On the positive side, I’m halfway there. Exercising in the morning is now a habit, but I have given in repeatedly to emotional eating. Also, I dropped off recording everything in my journal. The best weeks of success were those that I followed the plan and documented it. When I fell off, I was giving in to the daily chaos of life. I recognize so much better my patterns and am now more focused on positive improvements for the next 12 weeks. I’m committing to another 12 because my next Day 84 will be our community 5K, which I think is a great way to celebrate. So, I’ve pulled together my binder, have the pages ready, and now just need that food list of good stuff before I hit the grocery store.

Off to the dog park first – need to take advantage of this beautiful day before it gets too warm and everything becomes slush.

BBL!

Hi everyone. Can I join the group? Well, pretty sure I can because Gayle invited me over. :)

I am planning to start BFL for the first time tomorrow, so I'm a total newbie at it. I'm not new to Cathe and exercise, though, and I know some of you from the other parts of the forum.

My main concern upon starting BFL is that I've had some injuries I'm still recovering from--such as knee trouble and I'm still in physical therapy for that. I've really had to cut back and can't do regular step aerobics but only use a MatStep and do lower impact for now. Also, my PT doesn't want me to do lower body weights yet. I thought I would use things like Low Max for the HIIT and for the time being I might have to adjust how I do the lower body work--doing more floor work or something. Anyone else do BFL with limitations like that?

[font face="comic sans ms" font color=purple]***Lainie***
My fitness blog: http://fitnessfig.blogspot.com/ http://bestsmileys.com/exercising/7.gif

If you want to give God a good laugh, tell Her your plans.[/font]

Gayle – Super time…..go Gayle!!!

Rhonda – I can’t wait for Spring! Oh, I downloaded the Walking Strong MP3 and I definitely need to wait for the DVD to come to try it!

Sherry – That’s great that you can walk while your daughter has her lessons. ;) I totally hear you on the eating…it’s THE most important part of this. I can exercise til the cows come home (and I would!) but I can’t out run what I can potentially eat.

Lainie – Welcome! What type of knee injury do you have? I had ACL reconstruction and meniscus repair about 19 months ago. I had PT for 5 months so I totally understand what you’re going through! Do this program at your own level and you’ll see results. I don’t really have any limitations anymore (other than some trouble with side motions which I may never overcome). I just modify any workout that has motions I can’t do. HTH.

Kathy

Back from GroceryMax. No better feeling than that of a fully-stocked kitchen. I'm going to make a batch of Beef & Barley soup today. Thanks for the well-wishes everyone. I am feeling better after moving around for a bit. My chest feels really raw, but the Tylenol has taken away my achiness. It came on really quick and I cannot afford to be sick this week. My DH is finally going in to have his kidney stone removed tomorrow; Tuesday I am flying to Virginia to give performance reviews (just a day trip); and Wednesday I'm on Girl Scout Cookie pick-up duty. Going to the bookstore in a few to pick up a good book to read while DH is in having the stone removed and for the flights on Tuesday. Then I think I'll veg on the couch for the rest of the day!!

Sherry - sounds like your mind is in the right place for your next 12-week journey!

Lainie - glad to have you with us!

Hi to Rhonda and Kathy and all that follow.

ETA: weight stayed the same this week (whew!). I'm down an even 10lbs. My goal was 20lbs by the end of the 12 weeks, but I'm not really concerned about that so much anymore. I can see my muscles and that's just amazing to me!!! Doesn't mean that I won't stop weighing myself and hoping to see that number go down though! ;-)

Okay ladies, off to the bookstore!

Hi girls,

Today was a rest day for me!I went to see my sisters in Nuernberg! We went to a nice restaurant! I had a piece of cake! Yummy! My plan for next week is to burn that cake off! That means I will work really hard!

Sherry** enjoy your rest day today! Have fun ice skating with DD.

Stephanie**enjoy your run on the TM later! I hope you have fun with cleanmax and grocerymax!

Gayle** WTG on your 10 miles this morning! Great time! Now I feel bad, you all work out on a Sunday and I have fun! LOL! Have fun with all your activities today!

Kathy**way to go on your 14 miles today! When is your rest day!

Melissa** enjoy your rest day as well! Awww, I hope you are feeling better! Make sure you get lots of rest today! What book did you get?

Rhonda** I hope you have a relaxing day today!

Hi Lainie!

Enjoy your Sunday!
Belinda

Hello and good day to you all,

Just back from last minute shopping for DH's trip.

Now I am cooking his final fairwell meal. Corned Beef dinner with his favorite Spanish Bar cake for desert.

Hello Belinda: Nice day for you to go visis your sis. Enjoy your rest day.

Hello Sherry, Stephanie and Melissa: Have a great time shopping for good foods. Enjoy your day off.:)

Hi Michelle! Rest day for you as well? Have a good day!

Hello Kathy and Gayle: Great runs you two! Going for one myself as soon as DD gets ready. We are going for the hills outside. It is really sunny and not too cold for once. A breath of fresh air is just what I need today to get destressed.

Rhonda: Have a nice relaxing day. :) Yes...I will miss DH being here but I am pretty independent and so are the kids. Most house stuff I can fix if it goes wrong so I am not too afraid of being alone. Good thing for me but not for DH....haha!:D

Hey and Welcome to Lainie!!! Miss you girl. How have you been? And the boys? How's that ankle coming along? Knee troubles now? Darn!

This is where I have been hanging for the past 5months now. I am doing pretty good and have just renewed my goals recently. So I will be here for another 12 weeks if you would like to join us.

Melissa: Hope you feel better soon. :)

Take Care all and have a wonderful day. Heidi :7

Good afternoon ladies!!

Yes, it is a rest day/free day for me!! :)

So far I was up early and my meals so far have been:
B - WW toast/1 Tb pb
S - Lara bar
L - EFL WW spag with turkey meatballs
S - string cheese

Dinner will be another EFL recipe of turkey burgers on WW buns.

Wow, look at me -- AND on a free day!!!

I've been really trying to lift heavier this week -- and my DOMS are showing it. I was reading over on BFL - Sylvia Bortman recommends 2 scoops of Betagen in water before her workout to help with soreness. Okay, I've NEVER taken anything -- is this a good thing or a bad thing to take??

I just don't know what to do with myself today - so I'm re-reading Burn the Fat/Feed the Muscle. At the very beginning he discusses how to NOT rely on the scale. Do you hear that LADIES!!! :)

Stephanie - Way to go on staying away from the bowling alley food!

Gayle & Kathy - side by side on those treadmills!! Good job!

Ronda - Yup, a rest day. You won't see me doing abs today!! :)

Heidi - Enjoy that fairwell meal!

Belinda - What is it with you and cake?? Wish we lived closer, because I have same thing going on - har har!!

Melissa - Hang in there -- so sorry you are sick. Best of luck to DH tomorrow.

Sherry - WAY TO GO on 12 weeks!! I rely on the scale WAYYYY to much too. This is so much more than about the scale -- hopefully we will BOTH realize that soon!!! I'm so happy for you -- and can't wait until I can post that I'm done with 12 and ready to make this my LIFE!!

BBL,
Michelle

Heidi** I will join you girls for another round! Is your DH leaving tomorrow?

Michelle** I have a sweet tooth! I love German cakes ( German cakes and pastry are not that sweet!)! I had a huge puff pastry! No, it wasn’t BFL approved! The restaurant bakes all there cakes and pastry! And I had dinner there too! OMG it was good! My DH doesn’t like sweets that much, put he liked the German apple cake there! The last time we ate at Fenzel was over 20 year ago!

I will catch up in the morning!
Belinda

Kathy, my knee issue is not that serious--lots of crackling and some pain when I work out. The orthopedic surgeon said my kneecaps are off-center (apparently just a genetic issue--and both my parents have had knees replaced). But also the pain seems to be related to a bad ankle sprain I had in the summer. After the ankle was hurt, I was favoring it when I walked (so not walking normally) and not working my leg muscles as much--so the quads weakened and bam, knees were funky. I don't know a more technical way to describe it. :p So I'm doing physical therapy and they don't want me doing step aerobics (I do but use a MatStep) or lower body weights. I see it as more prevention of worse injury than anything else.

Heidi, hi--didn't even realize you were in this group, though I remember now you were doing BFL--you were the first to really tell me about it, in fact--just took me awhile to come around. :) The boys are doing well--both watching a Curious George video at the moment. They've had a week off from school and I have to confess I'm so glad they go back tomorrow....

Will do more personals tomorrow when I can get more in the groove.

[font face="comic sans ms" font color=purple]***Lainie***
My fitness blog: http://fitnessfig.blogspot.com/ http://bestsmileys.com/exercising/7.gif

If you want to give God a good laugh, tell Her your plans.[/font]

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.