BFL Sunday....get ready for a NEW week!

banslug

Cathlete
Good Sunday morning!

I hope you are all ready to close out this week and start a brand new one!
[font color=red]What are your goals for this coming week?[/font]

I was up extra early. It just seems that when Sunday (my rest day and my free day) rolls around, I'm so excited to take my stats and pictures, I just can't sleep much past 5:30 or 6am! lol I've done just that...taken and updated my pics and stats. I'm down 3# from last week, any my pictures are making me a happy camper this morning!

What's on YOUR agenda today?
The boys and I are hunkering down for FOOTBALL! Older DS is a HUGE HUGE HUGE Cowboys fan, so we'll be cheering the team on! Other than that, R&R!

BBL

Gayle

Good morning girls,

Gayle** great job on the 3 pound weight loss! I wished my weight would go down! I finally got my scale again, maybe that will keep me straight? Enjoy your free day and rest day! I took my free day yesterday and today I am taking a rest day! Not much going on here, I am taking it easy! I do need to ask you something, what are the times that you eat your meals? I am not getting 6 meals down! I forget to eat every 3 hours! I need to work on that!

I hope you ladies enjoy your Sunday!
Belinda

Hi and Good Morning to you all,

Hi Gayle: I am here bright and early coffee in hand waking up for my workout today.:)
You keep going! Your doing great!

Today's Goal:
BM2 I just love this one!

I have to take one day at a time when it comes to planning any of my workouts. It all depends on whether DH let me sleep or not! I can't wait to get back to my regular routines. It has been so stressful here lately.

Luckily I haven't gone back on gaining weight and have been pretty stable on keeping to my eating clean. My wrist is still causing problems for my workouts. I can't do push-ups or planks because it just hurts alot. (I know) I keep saying that I need to get it checked...just can't get to it!

Well....are you ready for another snowstorm!? We are due for 8-10" between tonight and tomorrow. Looks like my DS will be staying home. Good thing too because it will be my two sons doing most of the shoveling with their parents out of commission.

Hi Belinda! We were posting at the same time. Have a nice rest day.

Ok..I think I am awake now. On to my workout! BBL Heidi

Good Morning!
Gayle-awesome weight loss girl! We'll be watching football too rooting for the Giants and the Colts. Eli Manning went to Ole Miss (where both dh and I went and are from the town) and DH loves Peyton Manning. Where in PA do you live? My mom was born there and still have family there. Have a great day!
I really feel accomplished today. Down that 2 pounds...had control of my eating all week...its a good feeling.
I just had my kashi/banana coffee..not sure what my treat will be yet.
Belinda-have a great day!
Heidi- have a great workout!

I think I know what has been wrong with Bubbles, our doggie. My dd found one of Bubbles puppy chew bones...its a rubbery bone used for teething puppies. Well, over the week, Bubbles has been eating it. She has had diarhea off and on all week. She acts fine and the vet doesnt seem concerned. The bone is in the trash! I think its meant to be nawed on..not eaten!

Good work this week girls! Get geared up for another one!

Good morning!

Gayle and Susan, congrats on the weight loss. It is so wonderful when it stays off!

Heidi, I better check the forcast to see if we are getting dumped on, too.

Belinda - enjoy your rest day. Those are really good for us every now and then.

Susan, glad you figured out what was the problem for the dog. Mine is going through rawhides like crazy. Better than getting into other stuff.

Today is the last day of week 6 and it is a rest day and I am doing just that - resting. No workout planned. DD has ice skating in a bit and both kids have dog training this afternoon. I did buy the Eat Clean Cookbook last night while at Borders (kids had gift certificates burning holes in their pockets).

Be back in a bit with measurements.

Have a nice rest day Sherry!
I was at Borders yesterday too. I bought Ellie Kriegers new cookbook that I have been wanting. Its not necessarly clean eating recipes, but slimmed down recipes for the family. I almost bought Eating for Life, but didnt.
Do you guys recommend it?

Good morning everyone! I am really looking forward to a rest day today, sounds like everyone else is too. My goal for next week is just to stay focused and on track. Easier said than done sometimes!

So, even though I weighed myself yesterday morning (1 day early), I decided to weigh myself this morning and use this mornings weight no matter what (good or bad). Yesterday I was down 1lb from last week, today I am down 2.6lbs from last weeks weigh in!!! I am doing the HAPPY DANCE!!

Gayle - congrats on 3lbs down! I can't wait until I get to the point that I look forward to having my pics taken in my bikini!! Some day..

Belinda - good morning, or afternoon in you case! I am having a hard time getting 6 meals in too. Especially on the weekends. I'm going to have to work on that also.

Heidi - I see you are in MASSACHUSETTS too!!! They are predicting 12 inches of snow where I live. WTH!?! I can finally see grass, and now this.

Susan - poor Bubbles. Hopefully that doggie has learned it's lesson!

Sherry - enjoy your rest day!!

I did S&H Legs last night and taked on 2 sets 12 front squats and 2 sets 12 deadlifts from 4DS. Legs are fried today. LOVE waking up to my friend DOMS!!

Have great days everyone and GET READY FOR NEXT WEEK!!!!

Good Morning BFL'ers - I'm cutting in on your thread to ask a quick question, hoping none of you mind. :)

I'm thinking about checking out BFL for an eating plan, could some of you post a menu of a typical day for you eating? (If there is somewhere else I should be looking please let me know.) I'd just like to get an idea of what types of foods and food combos it is.

Thanks a bunch!! Marcia.;-)

Hi Marcia. If you look back at the BFL threads and read through, some of us post our daily menus. Might give you some ideas.

Here is a sample day for me:

M#1: 3 eggs whites scrambled & sweet potato
M#2: veggie chili
M#3: salad w/tuna & black beans
M#4: apple & string cheese
M#5: grilled chicken, 1/2 c brown rice & brocolli
M#6: 1/2 c oatmeal w/ 1/2 c 1% OR banana-strawberry protein shake (this meal depends on what workout I did: cardio=oatmeal, weights=protein shake).

HTH!

Susan, I just bought Eating for Life from Amazon.com. It was over $10 cheaper than at my local Borders.

It looked good just from flipping through it at the store, but I'll let you know what I think once I get it in hand.

Your welcome Marcia!!!

You can go on bodyforlife.com as well and I think they have some sample menus on there too!

Good Morning, Ladies ~ :)

I am determined to get back on track this week. I am making up some soup for the week, and will make a few batches of Protein Pancakes. Need to stop by the store for a few things, but other than that I am set to go :) Note to self; STAY AWAY FROM WAWA!!!!! BAD, DONUTS & COFFEE. First GOAL for myself!! :):)

Here is the recipe for the soup I am making; Gayle, what do you think? BFL friendly?

Chicken Stew
INGREDIENTS
2 T. vegetable oil
1 green bell pepper, chopped
1 onion, chopped
1 can low fat cream of chicken soup
2 (14.5 ounce) cans low sodium chicken broth
1 teaspoon chili powder
2 cups cubed, cooked chicken meat
1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes
1 (16 ounce) package frozen mixed vegetables
DIRECTIONS
In a saucepan over medium heat, heat oil. Cook green bell pepper and onion until tender, stirring often.
Add soup, broth, chili powder and cooked chicken. Bring to a boil and then simmer for 10 minutes.
Add tomatoes and mixed vegetables. Cook for 30 minutes and then serve.

Feels DOMS from yesterday's workout.. Tae Bo Ripped (Advanced).
I would like to pull out a step DVD for today.
BB for personals. :)

"Today is a Gift, Have Fun"

~Jennifer~

="http://images.meez.com/user07/3/8/4/4/4/4/8/3844448_bodyshot_300x400.gif

Gayle~ Great Job on the ##'s drops...YAY! :) Your pics look great, your abs are really coming along nicely!! Have fun watching football today!!

Belinda~ I know how you feel, sometimes I have a hard time getting all my meals in. It's hard to remember to eat sometimes at work. I almost never get in M6. Have a great day!!

Heidi~ How is your DH feeling? I hear we are supposed to get 1-3" here in PA. I would love a good snowstorm though! What did you do to your wrist?

Melissa~ Great job on losing #'s this week!! Enjoy your rest day today!

"Today is a Gift, Have Fun"

~Jennifer~

="http://images.meez.com/user07/3/8/4/4/4/4/8/3844448_bodyshot_300x400.gif

Morning!

I got up and did a little cardio this morning. I didn't feel like I got a good workout in yesterday and I miss my Cathe fix! ;-)

I also had my splurge yesterday (since I was too tired to go out on Friday). We drove up to Sonic (they finally built one here in NJ...about 30 miles from us). DH and I LOVE Sonic, lol! I had a burger, corn dog, and a couple of onion rings (in two sittings, because my stomach couldn't take all that food at once!) Delicious! :9

Gayle - Super great job on the 3 lb. loss...YAY! I can't wait til I look *forward* to taking pics again, lol. Now it's a chore, ugh!

Belinda - Enjoy your rest day! I've been getting in 5 meals this week because of work, too. It's hard to fit all the food in sometimes (I know that sounds weird!)

Heidi - Did you injure your wrist somehow or is it a chronic pain? Wow, we haven't had that much snow here in NJ in years! We're originally from Colorado and miss it sometimes (believe it or not!)

Susan - Congrats on the 2 lb. loss! Awwww, poor Bubbles.... I hope she feels better soon. I swear my dog is like my 4th child, when he's sick....I'm a nervous wreck (just like with my *human* kids). :D I really like the Eating for Life Book, even just to look at the pictures and get ideas. The ingredients are everyday stuff you find in supermarkets so they're really easy to prepare.

Sherry - You'll have to let us know how the Eat Clean Cookbook is....I've been debating on whether to buy it or not. I have the Eat Clean Diet book and it has some recipes in it but I'd love more ideas.

Melissa - Wow, that's super on the extra weightloss this morning! I like your add on's to S&H Legs, I've always felt that workout was too short.

Hi Marcia! I usually have:

Meal 1) eggwhite/egg beater scramble with veggies & low fat cheese + oatmeal

Meal 2) Salad or lean protein/potato/veggies

Meal 3) Turkey & lowfat cheese + fruit

Meal 4) Lean protein/brown rice/veggies

Meal 5) protein bar + fruit or yogurt & fruit

Jennifer - Wawa is my close friend, too! ;-) That chicken stew looks yummy, I'm going to print it out for later.

Have a great day,
Kathy

Good morning ladies!

Gayle - My goals for this week are to keep doing what I'm doing. I've had TWO really good weeks - got in the scheduled 12 workouts - and ate pretty well. Once I measured my waist earlier this week, I REALLY started focusing on what I put in my mouth. So I would say I'm just to keep on plugging away with what seems to be working so far!! Go BFL!!!

Belinda - What?? You are having trouble with 6 meals! I wish I had that problem... I'm a grazzer (sp?). I guess actually making six "meals" may be a problem. I've been bad this week and relied on shakes for breakfasts and a protein bar for one of my snacks each day -- but I do have to admit, it was better than what I WAS doing and I feel "lighter" today. My hope is to once this becomes more routine I can slowly start switching out those shakes and bars for real food.

Heidi - I know you have been through soooo much stress with the DH. So, you may not feel like you've been 100% on track -- but if you ask me, after what you've been through, you've been hanging in there pretty well -- sqeezing in what you can. So pat yourself on the back for that!! :) And the SNOW!! Yahooo have fun with that!! My kids would LOVE to see snow!

Susan - You SHOULD feel accomplished with the 2 pounds !!!! You've been doing GREAT!! I hope Bubbles is feeling better soon.

Sherry - Week 6 down. Awesome! I just finished week 2. I hear that right around week 7 is where women REALLY notice the difference in their bodies -- I can't wait!!!

Melissa - Way to go on the weight loss! Sounds like you did an awesome leg workout!!

Jennifer - Did you say you wanted to do a step workout? How's the knee? Sounds like the Tae Bo didn't hurt it. Like I said, I'm going to need to dust of my Tae Bo -- they are some tough workouts!!

I'm enjoying my rest day. It's kind of strange, by calves are a little sore -- could that be from run??

Also, we went out for dinner last night with friends. However, an hour before we went I ate 1/2 of a egg salad sandwich -- so I was full and didn't have to eat much. Felt good not inhaling all the food at the restaurant. I focused on being there with friends and enjoying the conversation -- not the food. Hmmmm, I guess that's what it is supposed to be about!! :)

Have a great Sunday ladies!!!
Michelle
P.S. No, I haven't bought STS yet, but man I'm tempted!!! :)

Kathy - You are so funny -- we LOVE Sonic too!! It is the one fast food restaurant that we can all agree on. MMMMM onion rings - don't get me started! :) I can't believe you had to drive 30 mintues to one. Down here in the south they have them evey few blocks it seems like.

Gayle - Forgot to tell you -- your pictures look awesome! Go Gayle!!! You know, I think I need to take photos -- I'm such a dork that I haven't done that yet. Enjoy your day!! Okay, we're meeting tomorrow morning, right?? Legs?? I'm sticking with PLB and then I'll do some leg extensions and presses on the home gym. Anything to get away from those lunges!!! Week 3 here we come!

Michelle

Hi Michelle, Kathy and Jennifer!

I just made up a batch of the egg mini quiches for the week. I used chopped tomatoes instead of the spinach. Of course I had to taste one to make sure they came out right..;-) :9

I obviously didn't measure these out evenly. I have some big ones and some small ones. I think next time I'll make this in my Pampered Chef pie plate that hasn't been used yet. It's red on the outside and really pretty, but it just sits in the pantry waiting to be used. Poor thing...

Michelle - I haven't bought STS yet either. I'm tempted, because it's new, but something is holding me back.

Kathy - I feel the same way about S&H legs. I actually ended up going as heavy as possible. I only have 55 lbs worth of plates and my bar weighs 13 lbs. So the heaviest I can go is 68 lbs until I buy some more plates. It was a struggle getting it over my head (thankful for my bar pad since I skimmed the top of my head a couple of times!!). But still felt like I needed to add on to make it complete.

Jennifer - that Chicken Stew sounds good. Let us know how it comes out. I just made a batch of the Beef & Barley Soup that Gayle posted. Maybe next week I'll try your Chicken Stew!

Gayle - I just checked out your pics. You are ROCKIN' mama!!! Your abs look great and you have some KICKIN' definition in your thighs. You are quite an inspiration! Love your "bad hair day" comment!!

BBL ladies. I am in an AWESOME mood today!!! :+

Hey guys. Kids are nagging to go outside, so AGAIN I have to be super quick!

Thanks for the comments on my pics. It's funny, because this past week, as I had explained earlier in the week, I was in a funk of sorts. I'm thinking a LOT of it had to do with my car, but I was just feeling kind of blah. Then I see my stats and my pics and I see that even being a wierd MOOD but staying CONSISTANT with clean eating and workouts WORKS!!!!!!!! I really REALLY encourage you guys to take your pics...even if you keep them private. I really DO think it makes a difference to SEE YOUR PROGRESS!

Belinda-----my meals are usually at 7:30am, 9:30am, 12:30pm, 3pm. 5 or 6 pm, then 8pm.

Michelle-YES....I've (WE) have LEGS on tap for early tomorrow morning. I'll save a sweat towel and a pair of lifting gloves for you! lol

This morning I made a batch of the egg white quiches and VANILLA protein pudding (which tastes yummy, by the way) for this coming week. I'm looking thru my recipes now and am deciding which soup/stew to make for the fridge, and I think I'm also going to make those meatloaf muffins later today.

OK...I PROMISE to be back sometime today for personals! PROMISE!

Gayle

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.