BFL for Saturday Fri Feb 08th 2008

Morning Belinda(this is a copy and paste ;-))

Todays workout is a 30 min HIIT on the TM. I may even do itread 13 agian...and I do have my eye on lowmax! Not sure yet!

Great news :::: the scale said I am down 2.2pds this week,WHOOOHOOOO!! I really think its the protien powders on my lifting days and me watching my carb intake! and the fact that ive started jogging agian(ok..so its alot of stuff,LOL)im just so excited that the scale is moving agian!

I also have to measure today,this is the completed forth week on BFL(tommorrow starts WK#5)-my dh does that for me so hes not up yet! What Am I Doing up at 6'oclock in the morning????? My body just wont allow me to sleep any longer! Oh my my fat anayzer capilur thingy came in the mail yesterday so he will do that as well! Im guessing my body fat is around 28%! Lets see how close I am,I will post after he wakes up!

my meals for yesterday
#1-Coffee,one egg+two egg whites sprinkle of cheese with ww toast,1c skim milk
#2-one scoop protien powder,one cup skim mile,ice cubes(shake)
#3-baked whititng seasoned with one c brown rice and a side salad with ff french
#4-1pc toast, string cheese
#5-side salad with ff french+1/4 c tuna-1tbs lite mayo,one pc ww bread(half a sanwich )

didn't get around to meal #6.

Im sorry I wasn't able to check in yesterday,I didn't have a computer running. DH and I plan on going shopping for one today! Im on my old computer now and its driving me mad x(!

ETA- And Yoooohoooo Gayle ::::::

http://bestsmileys.com/birthday2/8.gif

Im a little late! I do hope you had a very nice one-sweet lady;-)

Good morning Belinda & Amelia!

Getting ready to do PUB (was supposed to to it last night, but got a bit mixed up . . .)

Belinda - haven't done that premix -how is it? Would be good for a weekend cardio if I didn't already have weights scheduled.

Amelia - Congrats on the weight loss. I agree, it's the protein increase and watching the portions of the carbs.

so, finished 3rd consecutive day in a row of clean eating. Meals for yesterday were:

M1 protein shake
M2 apple and almonds
m3 salad, pasta in marinara sauce
m4 protein shake
m5 breaded baked fish, green beans
m6 protein shake

I don't normally drink that many shakes in a day, but that's how it worked out. Don't have today's menu figured out yet, but I'll get it figured out in a bit.

BBL after my workout.

Good Morning,

Amelia: That is great! Minus another 2.2 :7 . I like your cake....it's making me hungry now.
Have fun with which ever workout you choose. I do really like the LowMax myself.

Belinda: Great job on that double cardio. I still haven't got the foot work down! I have been sort of ignoring this dvd because of it. :( I should really try it again.

What a long day yesterday. I am so exhausted this morning that I am seeing double! It's going to take several cups of coffee to get woken up I am afraid. So I guess I will be back in a bit.

What are your weekend plans? Anything interesting?

My daughter and I have been following a treasure hunt in Boston. There is a bundle of cash just waiting to be found. ($4000 now!) We were planning on taking the train in and hopefully find it following the clues found in the daily Metro newpaper.

In Salem...there is an ice sculpture Chocolate fest. Might go to that... :)

Have a great day! Heidi

Hi girls

Amelia** enjoy your TM today! That is wonderful about your 2 pounds down!

Sherry** double cardio was a lot of fun! You start with LIS than you do HIS! Give it a try! Have fun with your weight workout today! What are you doing UB or LB? Good job on your clean eating!

Heidi**I love the 4DS! They are so much fun! You should give it another try! How cool you are going on a treasure! Good luck! Hope you find it! Have fun with Low Max!

Belinda

Good Morning,

I feel some what better today. Still have a nagging coughx( .
Today I am going to attemp GS Chest and Triceps. This was supposed to be my workout yesterday but never made it. Wish me luck!!

Also, this afternoon we are supposed to go to NC for a weekend of skiing. There are 6 families from our neighborhood going. Should be lots of fun, but they are predicting high winds (30-35 mph) and they may close the lifts so I won't know until around noon if we are going.

Belinda - I love the Double Cardio Premix, Great stepping all around!

Amelia - Great job on the weight loss..Keep up the good work.

Sherry - Have fun with PUB. I ususally drink 1 protien shake a day, usually after a weight workout.

Heidi - A treasure hunt sounds fun! Hope you find the winning treasure. How many people are in the hunt?

Good Morning to the rest of us.

Carolyn

Good morning everyone! I'm getting ready for my DD's birthday party at and indoor play-ground kind of thing. My LB is screaming from my workout last night. Used my new squat rack/weight bench for the first time. It is awesome. I hope that I don't have to chase any girls around today!!

Belinda - I've never tried the 4DS double cardio premix. You are really opening my eyes to all of the cardio I am missing! I tend to stick to the same ones.

Amelia - congrats on 2.2lbs! What a great feeling, huh?! You must be walking on cloud 9 today.

Sherry - I could easily drink 3 protein shakes a day. I love them! And the combinations are endless!

Heidi - I heard about that treasure hunt. Good luck, hope you find it! And an ice sculpture Chocolate Fest in Salem, how did I miss that?!

Have a great Saturday everyone. I'll check back in later!

Good morning!!!! Happy Weekend everybody!

Belinda-I was on Cloud 9 all day yesterday after your call! I was telling anybody that would listen to me, that my ‘friend from Germany called me for my Birthday’! lol Know what? NEITHER OF MY SISTERS CALLED ME, but you did…all the way from GERMANY! So thank you for helping making my day WONDERFUL!

Amelia-CONGRATS on that loss! WOO HOO! Keep it up, girl! You’re doing fantastic and it sounds like you’re ready to Rock Week 5!!!!!!!!

Sherry-the shakes are so convenient, so why not use them when we need to! Enjoy PUB!

Heidi-that treasure hunt sound AWESOME!!! How cool is that! How long has this treasure been hidden???

Carolyn-enjoy your day with friends and the snow!

Melissa-have fun with the kids today! What kind of indoor play place? We have a place that hosts parties with inflatable jummy things (along the Moon Bounce idea) and it’s the latest craze around here!

OK....yesterday was fun. The kids and I ended up going to Red Robin where I had a burger and fries. So yummy! The kids wanted the singers to come out so they did, and brought a little sundae. We all shared.

SO (starting to call him So instead of BF) came over last night and we were up late watching a movie, then dozed off on the couch till abou 2:15am! lol He left, I went to bed, then got up at 7 for today's workout! (Michelle, did you see me there?)

I did iTread 27 Ski Circuit first, then iTread 27 Drills, then kept running at a slower steady pace to get to 7 miles. I felt AWESOME today and really felt like I could just keep on going and going. But I figured 7 miles was enough for the day (and enough to HELP make up for the calories I'm going to eat when SO and I go out tonight! HA!)

My weekend plans: Today I have to help with our Spring Baseball sign ups (I'm slowly taking over running this league), then SO and I will be taking the kids to his ex and we'll hit the town. Tomorrow, I'm planning on a Sunday morning Cardio PARTY! I've just got a hankerin' for cardio lately, so I think I'm going to do Cardio Fusion for the first time in a LONG time. Either that or an all-step Cathe workout like Rhythmic Step or Step Blast. We'll see, but then I'll tack on abs.

BBL sometime today!

Happy Saturday!

Gayle

Good morning ladies!!

I woke up at 4:30 a.m. AGAIN this morning. So I know how you feel Amelia!! :) However, I decided to "sleep in" and went back to sleep until 6:30. (Geez, I feel like Gayle).

I could end every one of my posts with "Still have to work my abs" - Belinda!! That's too funny!

A treasure hunt! How cool Heidi -- have fun and hope you find it!

How in the world do you double on workouts Sherry? We are going to have to start pulling you out of bed in the a.m. with us so you don't have to do that again!

I hope you enjoyed your new equipment Melissa - and have fun at DD birthday. I guess cake for you today! :) Does that mean we are all joining in??!!

I did my skiing this morning Carolyn!! Thanks to Kathy's post about the iclimb! Wow, I LOVED it!! I think I saw Gayle & Kathy pass me on the slopes -- good thing I'm not competitive like some of you gals!!

Okay, yesterday I went up in weights with PUB. I haven't had DOMS for awhile and thought I was just getting into shape. WELL, this morning I can barely lift my arms. NOW I know why I didn't have DOMS!!! So anyway, when I got to the push up part of iclimb -- ugh!! Now I know what you meant Kathy about "fun toning" I didn't realize you actually stopped the cardio and did toning exercises.

Ladies, this iclimb was really a good one! It was only 30 minutes - which is perfect for me!! Okay, I'd better go back to itrains and do some shopping!! :)

Michelle
P.S. Tammy - Glad I wasn't the only one sitting home on a Friday night in front of my computer! har har.

Gayle - yes I saw you lap me this morning - and lap me again -- I took a shower, got ready, saw a movie, came home and you were still skiing. Geez!!

I guess that birthday didn't slow you down!! :)

Helloooo Kathy -- man, I think she's still out there!

Michelle
P.S. edited - I did the circuit ski that Kathy recommended.

Michelle....iTread 27 Circuit Ski, right??? And it was funny when Grace kept talking about skiing. I've NEVER skied (sp???) in my life EVER!!! lol I'd look like a doofus on the sloops, I'm sure!

I'll be off the PC for a bit this AM. Younger DS had a friend sleepover and now they want to play on it. BBL

Gayle

Obviously, I don't understand the whole Itrain thing.

Iclimb, itread, --- I guess we did the same one -- itread circuit ski 27.

I'm going to go back and read over all the posts from you ladies and get more familiar with them. I want short ones 30 minutes or less. And they have to be FUN!! :) I get so bored with cardio.

Okay, does someone need a shadow?? Gayles working out on Sunday -- I thought that was our rest day? :(

I was more than happy to be your shadow when we were eating cake -- but geez, I NEED a rest day!! What did you do turn 25 yesterday??

Michelle
P.S. you know I'm just teasing you girl!!

Calling out to Belinda -- Did you work those abs yet?? !! :)

During my itread this morning -- she actually had us do situps with the medicine ball -- yahooo -- so my ab workout is done!!

Michelle

First off, Michelle, yes, I know you're kidding me! LOL Second, that ab circuit should NOT count as an ab workout! It was too short and too quick! And yes, Sunday is SUPPOSED to be a rest day, but considering the calories I'm taking in this week, I figure it can't hurt!

BBL

Gayle

I'll be right there with you tomorrow Gayle, doing cardio on our FREE DAY! Two bday parties this weekend. One today for DD and another tomorrow for my sister. Too much cake floating around and I'm not sure I can resist. Might as well bank some extra "calorie-burn" just in case!! Now today is just my DD's "friend" party. We will have ANOTHER cake for her a week from tomorrow for family, so I will probably be doing some extra cardio next weekend, too!

Okay, off to the party. Oh, to answer your question Gayle, the place is split up into two areas: one is a big thing of tubes and nets and slides, then the other area is the blow up jumpy things and games they can play. The kids love it.

ETA: HI to Carolyn & Michelle!!!:+

Alright, Melissa. Let me know what you decide to do for our cardio meeting tomorrow. I'm still up in the air. The choices are endless. Things floating thru my head:
*iTread N Tush
*Cardio Fusion (I'm leaning toward this one)
*RS or SB
*older Cathe step workouts (some of my faves, actually)
*iCycle
OH! Decisions!

Also, Melissa, I'm taking a break from the scale after tomorrow. I'll be weighing in, but I KNOW the scale and all my measurements are up there, what with all this week's 'polite indiscretions'. HA! But I won't be stepping on the scale until the end of week 8. I'm in a challenge with the running team/check in over at the BFL site and the requirements for our challenge over there is stats every even week, pics on week 4, 8, and 12.

ANYWAY......gotta scoot!

Gayle

Morning everyone!
I’ve been a lollygagging this morning, lol.

Belinda – I listen to 4DS a lot while I’m doing BFL workouts. I enjoy listening to Cathe even if I’m not working along with her, lol.

Amelia – Yay! Congratulations on the 2.2 lbs. lost this week, that’s awesome. You’re doing super! I hope you get your computer dilemma resolved.

Sherry – I say do what works for you! If it’s more convenient to have a shake then have a shake. You’re getting lots of protein to build up those muscles!

Heidi – Wow, what a long day for you. That treasure hunt sounds like fun….and just think if you found it! ;)

Carolyn – Ugh, I hope the coughing clears up soon. I’m keeping my fingers crossed for you to be able to ski this weekend.

Melissa – WooHoo, so tell me what exercises you did last night with your new toy. I’m so happy it’s all put together! I hope your daughter has a wonderful party today.

Gayle – Your evening sounded so nice! I hope you and SO have a great time paintin’ the town tonight without the kids. It’s always so much fun to have “alone” time. GREAT workout this morning!

Michelle – Ooops, did you see me jumping around like a crazy person with Tony Horton in the corner? LOL, I never made it to the treadmill. I have a couple of iClimb recommendations if you really like the workout this morning. I highly recommend: iClimb Set 17 – iClimb Core (the website says 55 minutes but it’s actually just shy of 40)
iClimb Set 14 – iBiClimb Bootcamp (a GREAT workout that uses a treadmill & elliptical plus “fun toning” segments, lol)

Well, I got up REALLY late this morning. My plan was to try out P90X+ Intervals and run on the treadmill. I had “dreadmillitis” (and I very seldom get that!) So I just did the interval workout and I plan on going down and doing a BFL upperbody later. I’ll run tomorrow and take Monday as a rest day because I was asked to help out another project at work and have to be in extra early.

Hmmmmm….my opinion of P90X+ is that it’s much easier than it looks. I think Cathe’s 4DS Bootcamp Drills is tougher (and more fun, lol). It’s a very good workout though that could be easily split into (2) twenty minute interval workouts. Tony goes through the drills once…you take a 60 second break….then he goes backwards through all the drills again. It was definitely harder going “back” because the drills progress in intensity.

Anyway, I weighed myself today. I’m down a bit again. My starting weight was 136.2 lbs. and this morning I was 131.2 lbs. (for a 5 lb. overall loss). I’m moving slowly but surely along, I have to remember the turtle and the hare thing or otherwise I’ll get discouraged. ;)

Be back later to chat with you all and those that follow.

Kathy

Kathy, dear TURTLE! Slowly but SURELY, the weight is coming off. I can just see you in the bikini this summer! Great workout. I'm not even LOOKING at the Beach Body site to check out X+, I don't need to even consider spending any money at this time:)

Quick question for you ladies, concerning 4DS. As I said earlier this week, I'm considering switching up my upper body weight work. (although now that I discovered the BFL Audio Timekeepers, I've got a renewed love of the original BFL weight work, lol). I MAY MAY MAY use the 4DS upper body weight work. I've previewed it, but haven't DONE any of them yet. What do you all think? Is it really heavy enough? Do you at any point in the workouts max out? I'm curious on what you all think of this idea??? thanks!

Gayle

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.