BFL Saturday Edition..........WAKE UP!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good morning and HAPPY WEEKEND! I, for one, am SUPER excited this past week is over. It was all good, fun, and productive stuff. But it wsa BUSY!

Listen to this.

Remember I mentioned that along with this past week being Staff Appreciation Week, that the Student Council was also running a fundraiser Coin Drive for me, for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society? Well...sit down. We did a mid-week count to announce the class that is leading each grade, and which class is leading the entire school. (there was a prize for the class leading the entire school). Mid-week count was an UNBELIEVABLE $1,100!!! We announced it on the school news and encouraged them to bring more coins for Thursday and Friday's collections. I took THAT batch to the bank yesterday and it tallied to $800!!! Add in about $160 in personal check donations, and the school raised OVER $2,000 in COINS!!! I WAS FLOORED! I don't know what I expected, but I certainly did not expect such a high number! My idea behind the whole coin thing was to show to the kids that although you may only have $2 in coins, that is EVERYBODY put their $2 in coins together, it adds up BIG! And this showed it! I still can't believe it. The week after next, each homeroom that won for their grade will be treated to an Ice Cream Sundae Party!!! What fun! And motivation.

OK.......workout is done. That closes out Week 1 with this new trainer. Today was TM, bis and tris, TM. Week 1 went very well. I was a bit skeptical, I have to admit, but let me tell you! THE DOMS are incredible. I got a sneek peak at Monday and Tuesday's workouts and she switches it up. What I'm LOVING about having a trainer is that I am learning the understand the REASON behind certain things. Like why to seperate a (longer) cardio workout from heavy weights. Why to eat certain foods with other certain foods. Why the TIMING of certain foods is important. Etc. I'M LOVING IT!

Today is going to be relaxing. DS has a baseball game at noon and then we have a 7pm game a few towns over for the new minor league team.

I've still got to catch up with you all! I MISS CHATTING AND HANGING OUT! Although I DID enjoy the Survivor chat yesterday!

Gayle

Good Morning girls!

Gayle-Congrats on the success of the fundraiser that is AWESOME! I try to contribute what i can when my Dd's school has anykind of fundraiser! And your right if everybody put there 2$'s in it adds up quickly(like my grocery bill,LOL;-)) so glad your loving your new workout program!:) What kinds of foods are you eating? I know we don't always have time to post what we eat(besides our dedicated Melissa whos meals i always look forward to reading:)) but i would love to see a days worth of meals!

Todays workout is a powerwalk,about 45minutes since ive turned into a cookie monster latelyx( and then i will do some UB! Today will probalby be a 90min workout...love those long workouts!

Good morning all!

Workout done - 4DS Kickbox always puts me in a good mood (that and getting some extra sleep!) My lilac bushes are in full bloom and smell wonderful! We're going to the scrapbook expo in a short bit. The sun is shining and it will get in the 60's today. It's going to be a wonderful day!

Gayle - That is sooo wonderful about the fundraiser. Also, sounds like trainer is working out really well. I'm glad you are enjoying it so.

Amelia - Enjoy your powerwalk! My eating hasn't been clean, but at least I've been reading my signature quote and not "shoveling" junk down my throat, more like nibbling.

Off to shower and then shop. I won't be checking in until later. Both kids have soccer games this afternoon. Hope you all get a chance to enjoy this beautiful day!

Hi everyone! I hope you are all enjoying your day.

Amelia - you just reminded me that I've been slacking on posting my meals on a daily basis.

Gayle - that's great about your fundraiser! Good job!!!

Sherry - hope you enjoyed your day. Sounds like it was a busy one!

I decided to make today my rest/free day. I haven't really eaten anything "bad", but I have not planned one meal nor have I written anything down so I'll count today as "free"!! I got up early and cleaned the house and ran errands but now I've run out of steam, so no workout for me today. I'll start fresh tomorrow!

Have a great night and talk to you all tomorrow!

Hello and Good Evening to you all,

HAPPY MOTHERS DAY TO YOU ALL TOMORROW! (saying this early because chances are I won't be on-line tomorrow to do so)

I spent this afternoon cleaning my van to get it ready to turn it in to the dealership. Of course when I clean something it looks like new. Totally steamcleaned everything!

I like you Melissa and totally exhausted after all that work. No workout for me either.

I will be going out with the kids so I hope you all have a great day!

I will catch-up with you all Sunday night or Monday morning.

Take Care and enjoy your day tomorrow. :7
Heidi

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.