BFL for Sat Jan-26

Morning!
Belinda - Great workout! :)

Hi Sherry!

I ran 9 miles this morning using Cardio Coaches. I also did the standing part of Amy Bento's Abs & the abs from ME. Cool down was from BM2 (I love that stretch).

I'm going to do my weigh in this morning because I think today is free day. DH is talking about going up to Sonic again. :9 :D I dropped a half pound earlier in the week to gain it back having a little popcorn the other night, ugh. So I'm still 133.2 lbs. I'm becoming less and less fixated on a number versus liking the changes in my body. I'm finally getting back to "me" and it feels wonderful.

Instead of a total rest day tomorrow, I think I'll do some yoga. Enjoy your weekend ladies. :)

Kathy G

Good morning Belinda, Sherry and Kathy. Hope all is well.

Hopped on the scale this morning even though I'm not supposed to until tomorrow..:eek: ! Down 1.6 from last week. I think my total weight loss so far is 6.8. I'll weigh myself again tomorrow and take the lower # ;-) ! hehehehe.

Kathy - I totally agree, I'm beginning to be less fixated on the number as well. Last night I caught a glimpse of myself in my kitchen door and I see more collar bone and bicep definition than ever before. Feels good! I have a ? for you about the squat rack link you posted yesterday (I think it was yesterday). I've been looking at that Gold's Gym weight bench for a few weeks just trying to figure out if I have enough room in my area for it. The price is what scares me a little. Is it sturdy? Seems like it should be more than $140.00! So I guess I'm looking for a review!!:)

Last night I did LB, BFL-style. Basically following Kathy's set-up from yesterday. I really could have gone heavier on the squats so I ended up tacking on a set at the end. I squatted 83lbs until I couldn't squat anymore! I got 25 reps in. DH was standing behind me the whole time to help with the barbell. It felt GREAT! No DOMS yet today, but I'm waiting patiently!!!

BBL to chat!

Workout over - did Body Fusion - cardio only. It's an old workout, but I know the combo's well, so not much thinking involved.

Melissa - I know you are later exercise. Does doing your cardio later in the day affect your sleeping? If I happen so miss a morning workout, I can get weights in at night, but not cardio, seems I'm too wired after it.

I've been watching the scale, too. It's not budging. But I do think I have more definition in the arms and legs, so I'm not too concerned. Tomorrow is week 8 measurements. We'll see what the inches say. I'm kind of concerned that there won't be much change from 2 weeks ago because I've gotten off track a bit.

I'm trying to decide if I should get a full size step or a barbell. I still use a small step, and for weight work it's sometimes awkward. But I think a barbell would work so much better for leg work. I think I can work one of them into the budget next month. In either case, my workout stuff is beginning to take up a lot of space in the corner of the family room.

Hi Sherry! I usually start my workout between 7-7:30 and I have no trouble getting to sleep at all. There was one night last week where I didn't end up starting it until 8:30, which is really late for me. But I was determined not to miss a workout, and that did affect my sleeping. I was too wired to sleep and even though I went to bed at my normal time, I tossed and turned and my mind was going a million miles a minute!! As long as I am done by 8:00, it works out great and keeps me consistent.

That's a tough decision, a full size step or a barbell. Although I can see where a small step would be awkward for weight work, my vote is for the barbell. Do you already have plates or would you have to buy the barbell and the plates?

ETA: Off to my local fitness store. The guy that runs it looks like he couldn't possibly get any bigger, muscle-wise! He is so nice, he always gives DD 1lb pink weights. They must not be in demand since he keeps giving them away! She has 3 sets already!! I need a mate to my 25lb dumbell and some new spring clips. I can't believe that I can use 25lb dumbells now!!! WOOHOO!!!

BBL

Good morning, ladies. I'm finally up and around, on the PC! Geesh! lol

I have to go back and read the rest of yesterday's posts. We went to basketball practice and BF came over afterward and we just crashed (me snoring with a clogged head and nose, lol....very attractive, I'm sure!)

My cold seems to be on the downswing at this point. I think it hit the hardest between Thursday night and last night. The bridge of my nose was actually swollen last night and I just couldn't figure out why! Wierd. But today, (sorry if it's TMI, lol), all the 'stuff' coming out my nose is that thick yellow stuff which is usually a sign that I'm recooping! LOL I did end up sleeping in this morning and I'm taking today and tomorrow as extra rest days. I've got Monday's lower body HEAVY HEAVY weight work scheduled already, ready to RIP INTO THE NEXT WEEK!

I've also got meals ready to cook tomorrow and Monday morning, including a whole chicken fryer that I've been DYING to make in my new convection oven! Can't WAIT!

BBL. We have a baseketball game this afternoon, then I'm going out with the girls tonight for Bunco.

Gayle

p.s. THANKS, again, ladies, for all your support in my ramblings and ravings this past week. Thanks for bearing with me!

Hi Gayle!! Glad that you are beginning to feel better.

Enjoy your REST WEEKEND!!!! And have fun tonight. What is Bunco, by the way? I keep meaning to ask you...

Melissa - GREAT job on the 6.2 lb. loss, that's awesome!!! Super job on the BFL Lower Body workout, yikes 25 reps of 83 lbs. is freakin' amazing!

I think it's pretty sturdy (but I also keep two heavy weight plates on the back of it - on the holders). I'll show a pic because it's hard to explain. I think it would be a good idea to check it out in person first (if you have a Walmart near you). They usually have one set up so you can "test drive" it. Oh, and make sure it's an XRS 20 model (someone got an XS 20 model that doesn't adjust to olympic size). Here' the pic of it in my basement:

http://pic14.picturetrail.com/VOL514/940253/16854549/277250250.jpg

Sherry - I also see differences in the mirror but not so much in the scale. I think I have more muscle this time around (I was pretty lean prior to my injury 18 months ago) and may weigh more but be just as lean after this 12 weeks. I hope that makes sense, lol. I totally understand about the space issue. I worked out in our family room for 16 years and had all my fitness stuff scattered throught the house!

Kathy G

Came back to say hi to Gayle! We must have all been posting at the same time, lol. I am SO very happy you're feeling better. I was thinking this morning that maybe I'm TOO aggressive sometimes. I hope that I'm not giving you the impression that I'm *competing* with you in any way, that's the farthest from the truth. I only compete with myself and push *myself* hard. Weird rambling there, I hope you understand that! I enjoy all your kinship here and feel at home discussing workouts and *life* in general and hope that you all will feel comfortable enough to tell me to go lay an egg if I ever get too agressive.

Kathy

Hi Ladies~

I think I am slowly coming back to earth! Last night was a big wake up call, I was lying in bed just feeling disgusting and FAT. Miserable, as always. What is going to happen w/ the house is going to happen, there is only so much we can do to stop it...Now is the time I need to be there for my BF and kids, and not laying around feeling sorry for myself! :)

I started out today w/ a bowl of Special K Chocolate Delight. I know it's not BFL approved, but it's better than shoving a yummy donut in my mouth .. :9

I am deciding between BBC or 4DS Rotation today. Which one should I do?
The only thing holding me back on 4DS is I know the cardio isn't High Impact is it? Does it get your heart rate up? I do know alot of people had great results with it though.

Gayle~ So glad your feeling better today. All that running in the nasty weather we been getting in PA. :( Have a great day!!

"Today is a Gift, Have Fun"

~Jennifer~

="http://images.meez.com/user07/3/8/4/4/4/4/8/3844448_bodyshot_300x400.gif

Thanks Kathy. Thanks for posting the pic. I like that the squat rack and the bench are two separate pieces. Looks like it doesn't take up too much space. I like your "Kathy's Gym" cabinet!!

Oh, and thanks for commenting on my 83lb squats! I felt a little like SHE-WOMAN, I have to admit. And even better, I think I impressed DH!!:7

ETA: Just ordered the weight bench KATHY!! I'm so excited. Your pic sold me!!! THANKS!!

Belinda~ Great job in getting your workout in. That is what I like to do, The elliptical (hill plus, Intervals). :) Have a great rest day tomorrow. Woohoo!! :)

Hi Sherry~ Great job getting your workout in!

Kathy~ WOW, 9 miles...I wish I could do 1! Oh, yummy sonic. I always see it come on TV. My DD has been dying to go there, but I think the closer one near us is 45 mins away. Is the food good?

Melissa~ Great job on your weight loss!! :)

Now, I have to force myself back upstairs, I will get my workout in today! :)

"Today is a Gift, Have Fun"

~Jennifer~

="http://images.meez.com/user07/3/8/4/4/4/4/8/3844448_bodyshot_300x400.gif

Hey!
You guys are rockin!! Melissa, awesome weight loss! Gayle I hope you are feeling better. Rest and youll be back to yourself in no time. I am very impressed with the weight loads you guys lift...geezz Kathy, I bow down to you!
Today is going to be my rest day. For some reason I am just exhausted.
My workouts last week were:
Mon-4DS legs
Tues-GS b/s/b
Wed-Cardio Kicks
Thurs-Low Max
Fri-Muscle Max
Thurs and Fri workouts were changed last minute. My goal is to do BFL workouts for the next 4 weeks as much as possible. Sometimes Ijust need to do a vid.
Well, we are headed out to do some shopping.
Hi to everyone
Oh..no weight loss for me..Im practically where I started 121.0 this morning. grrrrr

Hello and Good Morning Girls,

Just a quick check-in for me. My started out by waking up really late..(for me that is) 8am. Stayed up until after 1am last night.
As soon as I had my coffee made my son called and asked if I could drive his girlfriend to the trainstation 2 towns over because she didn't wake up in time to catch the one just down the street where they live. Ohhhhhh.
I feel like my DD is back from the islands... ;-) I quickly got dressed and picked her up so she caught the 9am train to work. We had a really nice talk along the way. We don't get to talk much because she and I are always busy in different directions.
She recently took a job not too far from where she goes to college but too far from her home. I am glad that she is working at least and going to school to complete her nursing degree. My DS also started back to finish up his degree in Engineering.

So now back and working in the cellar trying to organize my DH's tools....good luck to him trying to find them....:D

Breakfast:
scrambled egg WH with spinach,cheese and marinara sauce.
1 slice of low-cal WHW tst w/natural peanut butter
Coffee
water

I haven't done a workout yet but will get to it later this afternoon.

Great job everyone on getting in their workouts this morning.

Sherry: I really like that Cardio Fusion too! Some of Cathe's earlier step routines are quicker for me to pick up.

Belinda: I hope that you can laugh tomorrow! :) When I do a hard ab workout I really feel it when I laugh or cough.

Kathy..Wow 9miles! Which cardio coaches did you use this time?

Gayle: Glad that you are on the mend from that cold. Take it easy for another day so that it will be gone for the start of next week.:)

Enjoy your day...BBL Heidi

Jennifer – I’m glad you’re spirits are lifting! I love ANY Special K cereal, lol. I think we like Sonic so much because its got nostalgic value to us (we grew up in Colorado and had one in our home town). We ate there on payday, lol. The food really is tasty though!

Susan – Great workout week! I’m missing my Cathe workouts big time. I might have to squeeze in 4DS Bootcamp drills next week. ;)

Melissa – Yay, you’ll love having a squat rack and leg extension. You’ll probably be able to use the leg curl as well (I have issues with any lying curl machine with my knee injury). You’ll have to let me know what you think of it. I laughed when you said you impressed your DH with your squats, GO Melissa!

Heidi – That’s wonderful that you had mom/daughter time today. I miss my 24 yr. old daughter so much! She calls several times a week and comes by but it’s still lonely without her. My 22 yr. old son still has to finish up his computer degree too! I was supposed to do CC Press Play today but it was on my 16 yr. olds computer (we were sharing for awhile because mine was down) and I didn’t feel like pulling it out to install the USB cable in the back for my MP3 player. Anyway, I ended up doing CC Volume 7 and half of CC Volume 6 (with Candace). When I first got CCV7, I wasn’t impressed but I’ve grown to appreciate the REALLY long first challenge. I can usually get 2+ miles in that segment alone which makes time fly. You have no idea how mind numbing running 9+ miles on a treadmill can be, lol.

Kathy

OK, back from running errands. DS has a friend over and they're parked in front of the video games. DD has a new pair of figure skates and is now over at a friends. And I get to do laundry!

I did glance at the Time magazine that came in the mail today. There's an article about moderate exercise and moderate drinking to improve your health. However, they don't advise the drinking to be of benefit until age 45 or 50. Bummer, I'm too young.

Kathy - I love your workout space! But not enough to get me to clean out the basement this weekend.

Melissa - I don't have plates either, so it's getting it all, which ever I decide. Any recommendations on the barbell? I was thinking the Troy Lite that so many here on Cathe rave about - I like the size, shorter than most bars, and the fact that the plates are rubber coated, so less likely to scratch up the floor. After we spent all that work on putting in the hardwood floors, I don't want my workout equipment to destroy them.

Gayle - So glad you are feeling better. You are always so positive for us. Glad we could be there for you. (Oh, and record day is the last day of the term when the teachers need to get the grades turned in, thus the kids get the day off.)

Jennifer - I really like Kickbox and Bootcamp on 4DS. Both do get your heart rate up and I think you should be able to modify for your knee. Is it feeling any better? And so sorry about the whole house thing. I live in the Detroit area, and due to corporate downsizing, foreclosures are really taking their toll here.

Susan - Enjoy the rest day and the shopping. Looks like you had a great exercise schedule this week.

Heidi - A busy morning so far! And spending the day in the cellar organizing his tools?!

Light snow here - a couple more inches on the ground. And 23 degrees. Just about perfect for a run this afternoon . . .

Kathy - I am so looking forward being able to do leg curls and extensions AND being able to squat heavy on my own. I appreciate your input! I did the "ship to store" so I should have it in a couple of weeks. I'll keep you posted.

Sherry - I have a 5ft chrome barbell. I really love it, but if I didn't already have that one, I would have gone for the Troy Lite. The rubber coated plates are definetly a must if you have hardwood!

HI to everyone else!

I just returned from grocery shopping. The bagger-kid put all my heavy things on the top. x( Sometimes I wish they'd let you bag your own groceries. I even arrange my cart by which items I want bagged together and put them on the register in that order but they still don't bag them the way I THINK THEY SHOULD!!;-)

Hi,

Kathy: I can feel for you on the mind numbing thing...I have trained for races on my treadmill and have run the longest 15miles in my life on it! That year was too icy to hit the roads around my house so this is what I did to keep up with my workout schedule.
As for the Daughter...this was my DS's girlfriend I spent time driving this morning. My real DD is still on vacation in the Cayman Islands. She will be returning monday from there and has been there all of January. I really miss her too. :-( We either have been talking on the phone, computer or Skype internet calling.
She told me that she will be returning home to just turn around and leave for an apartment in Cambrige MA which is close to her college. :-( :-( Really sad now!

I don't have any of the CC workouts. I did check them out but was disappointed that they cost much more than the iTreads in general.

Well...need to go run. I now have a headache coming on so I need to whip it before it catches me. BBL Heidi Have a great night.

Sherry: I know, I know....:) Make him do it...no luck in that one.

Hellooooooo ladies!

It is 10:00 Saturday night. Why haven't I posted? You know my rule -- somehow it keeps my straight!

I got up at 6:30 today. Man, ever since I became Gayle's shadow I can't sleep in -- will you sleep in just once girl -- I need my beauty rest!! :)

Seriously, I've NEVER been a morning person -- maybe it really is becoming habit.

Anyway, even though I was up early -- my day just got lost and before I knew it I realized I hadn't gotten in my workout. So, here I am - I just finished an elliptical workout and it is 10:00.

Thank you ladies -- that just completed my 4th week! Yahoooo!

Now tomorrow is my rest day, so I can post all I want!!

Michelle

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.