BFL for Sat Feb 23rd 2008

Good morning Belinda

I'm up. Trying to decide what to do. Need to work legs but also want to get some cardio in. Maybe Cardio Fusion first - I agree the all step premix is a sweatfest.

I'll be back after my workout.

Good morning Belinda and Sherry!

Belinda, great workout! Have fun at the celebration!

Sherry, have fun with whatever you decide!

I will be helping with our local non-profit's 11th annual Bowl-A-thon today. I have to leave in a few minutes and will not return until 5pm or later, so I may run on the TM later this evening, or maybe w/o tomorrow. We'll see how the 'ol bones feel!!!

Hope everyone has a WONDERFUL Saturday!

Morning Belinda, Sherry, Steph, and all those that follow! I decided to take my rest day today and do my long run tomorrow. I got up late and my body was telling me it’s time for a rest. :)

Enjoy your day and activities!

Kathy

Belinda-great workout! Enjoy the celebration today!

Sherry-what did you end up doing???

Stephanie-what a great idea for a fundraiser! I hope you had fun!

Kathy-ENJOY the rest…..the legs are needing it, I’m sure! How is all the training going? My biggest issue is trying to find an effective way to fit all the weight work and the training runs in…but I’m trying to just relax and DO IT!

My workout this morning was B&G…all of it. I decided to do a leg endurance workout today because tomorrow is my long run of 8-10 miles and I didn't want to fry my legs. WOW! I haven’t done B&G since September and MAN did my BUTT feel it today! My run tomorrow may be more like a waddle!

What are your plans today?
DS has a basketball game at 2pm, but that’s it. I did CleanMax yesterday, so no need to do that today! HA!

BBL

Gayle

Gayle - It's starting to get much harder to fit everything in(especially since I'm adding biking to the mix). Starting next week, I'm going to have to start splitting up one of my 6 milers up into a couple of days (with weight work) so I can get the bike day and my long run in on the weekends. :)

Whew! I knew it would get crazy starting about the 9th week, lol. Hang in there, we'll make it! ;-)

Kathy G

Ooops, edited to add that I'll be doing taxes this weekend, UGH!!!

Hello and Good Morning to you all,

Hi Belinda: Great workout! Enjoy your day.

Hello Stephanie: Have a good fundraiser. I hope it goes well.

Sherry: Enjoy your workout whichever you decide.

Kathy: Enjoy your day. Maybe with a light stretch. :)

I think I might have to join you on your free day. I am feeling pretty tired today. TOM thing hit me last night. DD had to be picked up late 11:36PM at the train. She went out with her lab partners to celebrate the acceptance of their paper to the Medical Journal.

Hey Gayle: Your going to be walking funny later for sure!;-) Good luck to your sons team! I hope you enjoy your afternoon with a good book. :7

Today's plan: Last minute packing is on tap for DH's trip. He will be gone for 12 days to the Caymans.
Re-install all the smoke detectors on the 3rd floor. Put up lighting bezels so I can see to clean up the closet areas.

Get some shopping and cooking done for next week.

That's about my weekend.

I hope you all have a great weekend. I might not be able to get back online until DH leaves.

Heidi

Morning Ladies,

Today is a cardio day for me as well. I may just do Cardio Fusion. Depends on my mood once I get geared up and ready to go.

My DH and sons are going to be gone all day for a motorcross event downtown so it's just me and my DD. She has a birthday party to go to later and then maybe we'll see a movie.

Have a great weekend.

Carolyn

Hello ladies!

Got up and LIS!! Thought I'd crash your 4DS party ladies. Love it, except that 3rd combo really confuses me for some reason! Then I did the ab workout -- wow I love those sit ups with the 10 lb weight!

Last night was a girls night - I took my DD to see the Hannah Montana movie -- she, being 8, loved it. I have to admit the 3D part was neat and the trailers showed a number of new 3D movies coming out -- one action one with Brandon Frasier looked pretty cool.

Belinda - Wow, you have so many cardio tapes to choose from -- I can't keep track!! (Being a cardio hater, I don't have that problem - ha ha)

Sherry - So what did you decide to do?

Stephanie - Have fun at that Bowl-a-thon!!

Kathy - Way to listen to your body! Especially when I know that when you say your long run it tomorrow -- you really mean "LONG" run. :)

Gayle - B&G!! Way to go for the doing the entire thing. I always cheat on that one! he he!

Heidi - How are you doing knowing your husband will be gone for 12 days? My hubby travels a lot, but usually only a couple days at a time -- when he is gone for more than 4 or so at a time I really hate it. Of course you know we'll all keep you company!! :)

Carolyn - Enjoy your day with DD -- I know I did last night!

Okay ladies -- I'm doing sooo good with the working out -- I can't tell you how excited I am about it. HOWEVER, I have NEVER had this much trouble with the eating before. I am not a big eater -- never really have been. I guess when I'm not working out, I'm really not that hungry. Whenever I try to lose weight -- I just skip my evening meal. I know, NOT healthy -- but the reduction is calories is what does it. With 6 snack/meals a day, I just think it is too many calories for me. Do any of you eat less than the 6 meals??

Have a wonderful Saturday!!!
Michelle

Morning everyone,

I got up and did Tracey's Walk Strong. Wow what a workout. It was actually around 53 minutes and then I had a 2 minute cooldown (I added this in) so it was 55 minutes total for me and my HRM said I burned 701 calories.

I had to go at my own pace but was able to get the TM up to 15% when Tracey had her there. So it started out with a slight warmup and then it all began. When we were on the 15% incline I could only get the speed to 3.2mph in the beginning and towards the end moved down to 3.0mph. I give credit to Tracey for being able to stay with 4.0 on the inclines. It will take me time to get that fast.

The leg portions were good and again I did the incline Tracey used 15% but used 1.2mph for the lunges and 1.0mph for the side squats. Any faster on the side squats and it I would be hopping back into place instead of squatting and crossing the leg over. The lunges 1.2mph was perfect, not too fast and not too slow.

The weight portions I just used these for steady state hill walks. I would go at 3.5mph on a 8% hill. It felt good to have a steady state in there.

All in all I enjoyed the workout. About half way through I was so sweaty and out of breath that I didn't think I would be able to finish so that is when I took the speed down on the incline a little and I was able to finish.

I was concetrating on the workout and pushing myself up the hills/doing lunges/squats that I didn't pay attention to the jibber jabber they did so I cannot comment on that. I suppose if you actually listened to them it may drive someone crazy and I couldn't even tell you if it had any music.

I think this is a good workout but I don't know if I will be able to do it every week since it works the legs I figure I can add it in on the Saturday where I only work legs once a week. So every other week I will plan on doing this workout.

If anyone has questions about it, ask and I will try to answer the best I can. If I didn't have a treadmill, I don't think I would have gotten the workout as I don't see the floor modifier doing anything all that exciting. I think I would rather pull out a Leslie walk tape and do that :D

OK, I think I have gone on long enough.

Hope everyone has a great Saturday, and for those that got that horrible snow/ice storm, hope your all OK. We, for a change, have Sunny and mid 30s for the weekend.

Rhonda

Michelle-so, what's going on? I feel like I missed something??? I eat all 6 meals, as long as my first one is around 7:30am-ish! And I'm usually hungry for each of those meals too. Are you saying that you're not hungry, eating the scheduled meal anyway, and what? What's the tape measure and/or scale say? How are your clothes fitting?

Kathy-I need iTread input! I may be forced to run tomorrow's 8-10 mile long run on the TM. The roads are all iced-over, and I'd rather run on the TM than risk getting hurt. SO....I have iTread 5, 60 min Indoor Marathon Training...that should be good for about 6 miles. Can you make any other rec's to finish out my mileage? Or do you think I should just do that iTread, then run steady on my own to get the mileage???

ETA: Last night I made the new meatloaf recipe, that used shredded cabbage instead of breadcrumbs. It actually surprised me and we pretty tasty. I over-baked it just a bit, os it was a bit dry. And actually, it's originally a crockpot recipe, but I baked it in the oven because I didn't have all day to cook it. Here it is...and when these leftovers are gone, I may make it again in the crockpot to see if that works just as well:

Betty's Crockpot Meatloaf
From Diana Rattray,
Your Guide to Southern Food.

An easy crockpot meatloaf recipe, made lighter with shredded cabbage and extra lean ground beef.

INGREDIENTS:
· 1 pound extra lean ground beef or ground turkey
· 2 cups shredded cabbage
· 1 medium green bell pepper, finely chopped
· 1 teaspoon salt
· 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
· 1/4 teaspoon celery seed
· 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
· 1 egg, beaten
PREPARATION:
First, make foil "handles." Fold a 30-inch long piece of foil in half lengthwise. Place in bottom of a slow cooker with both ends hanging over top edge of cooker.The foil strip will make it much easier to remove the meatloaf when it's done.

(kind of funny, because it doesn't even list number of hours too cook, heat level, etc!!! lol)

Gayle

Heidi – I hope you’re able to get some rest later. Awww, that’s tough that you’re DH will be gone for so long! I’m cooking up a storm here today, too. I have BFL Quiche in the oven, I made a big batch of protein pancakes (that I put in the freezer), some “light” cole slaw (to portion out later, and I have a crockpot going with some lean BBQ beef. YUM!

Carolyn – Enjoy your day with your daughter! Me and DH went to the movies yesterday and saw “Vantage Point” (which was EXCELLENT) and “Witless Protection” (with Larry the Cable Guy). The second movie was overall silly but had a couple of hilarious parts.

Michelle – Yeah, my miles are starting to get up there. I think I’m going to try to peak at 22 miles (instead of 20) this time around so the last 4.2 miles of the marathon will be easier. I hear you on the food, sometimes I only get in 5 meals and I’m okay with it. I say do what works best for your body! Or maybe cut the meals down so they’re not as large and see if that helps.

Rhonda – Thanks SO much for the review of Walking Strong! Jen put it in the mail for me yesterday (I sent her a little extra for the postage so I wouldn’t have to wait for the other pre-order to arrive first). I’m so looking forward to this one, I hope I’m able to do it with my knee. I might have to sub something different for the side squats she does and my incline only goes up to 12% (dang!) so I’ll be at a lower incline. But it sounds like it’s a challenging low impact workout which is what I’ve been looking for (to cross train with like you).

Kathy

Hey Gayle, we were cross posting there, lol. I like to string together iTread marathon workouts for my long run. Right now I have iTread 6 - iTread 10 - and iTread 17 (all outdoor marathon wkouts) on my player. I just press play and keep running, lol. It looks like I'm stuck running my 14 miles on the treadmill tomorrow too (it's still really icy outside) and I'm PARANOID about falling. It's amazing how 10 seconds of falling can impact your entire life for a year. ;)

Kathy

Ooops, edited to add that I like the outdoor ones because she uses perceived exertion so I don't feel compelled to run too fast (not that that's even possible, lol).

Thanks, Kathy! I may download 2 of the outdoor ones.....THANKS for the input. When will you be running tomorrow? I'm planning on getting up and in the basement by 6am. THINK ABOUT ME while you're running and we'll be accountable to each other, ok???

Gayle

Sounds good, Gayle....I'll be there! ;) Oh, and thanks for the meatloaf recipe it looks very good!

Kathy

Gayle - what I meant was I'm hungry ALL the time. And I have NEVER been like this before. I'll drink my shake - by the time I drive to work, I'm famished. I'll eat lunch (turkey sandwhich and fruit) and an hour later I'm famished. I'm eating the right meals (w/in the calories) and I just feel like I'm always hungry. The other day I had an egg salad sandwich and 1 1/2 hours later had another one. Ugh!

I've never eaten like this before. Of course, I've never lifted weights like this before -- could this be it?? (I'm chewing tons of gum and downing liquids like crazy trying to control it.)

The first 4 weeks of the challenge I lost about 5 pounds and went down about an inch. The last 4 weeks - I actually gained two pounds and inches stayed the same. (So in total for 8 weeks I'm only down 3 pounds.) My clothes fit looser -- but that happened around week 4. Since week 4 I haven't noticed much of a change.

I feel like I should be eating one less meal - because I'm not getting smaller -- but my appetite wants me to eat one MORE meal!! Arg!! Any thoughts???

Just so you all know -- I'm not trying to be downer -- as my energy is through the roof and I love my new routine of working out 6 days a week -- love, love, love it -- I'm just trying to figure out what my body is doing and why it is not responding as I think it should.

Thanks!
Michelle

Hi girls,

We had fun at the celebration! Tomorrow my DH and I are going to Nuernberg to see my sisters!

Sherry** Enjoy your workout whichever you decide. Or did you do CF?

Stephanie**I hope you had fun at the Bowl-A-thon today!

Kathy** have a great relaxing day! You deserve it! WOW! You are busy cooking! How do you make a “light” cole slaw? I love cole slaw!

Gayle**WTG on B & G this morning! How are you legs and butt feeling? Great workout! Enjoy your DS basketball game today! Your Betty's Crockpot Meatloaf recipe looks so good! Thanks for posting!

Heidi** enjoy your rest day as well! I hope you are resting?

Carolyn** did you end up doing Cardio Fusion? Have fun day with your DD!

Michelle** awesome job with your workout this morning! I almost pulled LIC out this morning! LOL! I am so glad; I have so many DVD’s to choose from! I eat FF yogurt when I get hungry in between my meals! I also eat lots of beans! They fill me up!

Rhonda** you burned a lot of calories with Tracey's Walk Strong! Great job!

I will catch up with you in the morning! Good night!
Belinda

http://www.PictureTrail.com/gid16930497

Michelle....I say KEEP ON KEEPIN' ON!!!! Keep the 6 meals. Add more veggies....steamed carrots, broccoli, cabbage, celery, brussel sprouts. Bulk up your meals with MORE veggies. They're "ALLOWED"! I promise! JUST KEEP DOING IT! Or should I say

[font color=purple]KEEP ON TRUCKIN'!!!!!!!!!!![/b[[/font]

Gayle

Happy Saturday everyone! Sorry I didn't make it back yesterday. I ended up taking a nap on the couch when I got home...:eek: ! It felt great.

So, I did some ShovelMax this morning! We got about 6"s. Took DD to a birthday party and we were an hour early. I'm not sure how that happened!!! I just got done with a quick & dirty LB workout. It went by really fast and from the way I feel, it was pretty effective. Last night was UB and I fit in some HIIT. I got off track on my workouts this week. I got them all in, but just on the wrong days. My eating has been right on for the past few days so it'll be interesting to see what the scale says tomorrow.

Hope everyone has a great rest of the day! "See" you tomorrow!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.