BFL for Mon Feb 18th 2008

Good morning ladies!

Go enjoy your day Belinda!! (Why don't you wear those DNKY jeans today!) :)

Hmmmm, I'll have to go check out the blog real quick.

Okay ladies - I'm on the start of week 8. Wow, I feel like I can see the finish line. Haven't missed a workout yet - I'm starting to like getting up this early!

I'm refocusing today on food. With only 5 more weeks -- I want to make the most of them. It doesn't matter how many mornings I work out -- if I blow it later by what I put in my mouth. So, here's to making the last 5 weeks about eating BFL!!!

I'll check back in later!!
Michelle

Thanks for telling me to check the blog Belinda -- now I'd better go find my credit card and order! he he!! :D

Michelle

Good morning Belinda and Michelle!

Belinda, what UB w/o did you do? Thanks for the blog reminder. Wow, it looks like the stage is going to be full! I hope you have a great day!

Michelle, good luck on clean eating! Good job on not missing a workout! Have a wonderful day!

I am planning on Maximum Intensity Strength Upper Body w/o and plan to go HEAVY! }(

It's weigh, measure and take photos day!

Good morning to all that follow!

Morning!
Sorry, this is going to be a post and run. I'm on my way to work but I wanted to check in real quick. Here's what I did this morning:

BFL Heavy Lower Body
Spin & Slim (30 minute spinning interval wkout)
Ab Hits segment

I'm up about a half a pound from last week but my body fat has gone down again. I can see more definition in my whole body. Yay! (of course, I'll be the only one who notices, lol).

Have a great day,
Kathy

Good morning everyone!

Belinda - yes, I checked out the blog. I see some new faces there and some extremely LARGE BICEPS!!

Michelle - I'm with you on this being the start of week 8. You and me kid, we are focusing on food for the last 5. The workout part is easyyyyyy, it's the FOOD that'll getchya every time.

Stephanie - go heavy girl!!! And good vibes coming your way for your weigh-in, measurements and pics. Let us know how you make out!

Kathy - YAY on bf down and more definition! You are doing this for you anyway, so if you are the only one that notices, that's what matters!!:7

Off to the city today. Some friends and I are taking our DD's to go see High School Musical on Ice. We are taking the train in and having lunch before the show. The girls are all excited (I'm a little excited, too!! LOL).

BBL to chat some more!

Hi again --

Where are all of you?? Sleeping in because there's no school, I bet. I had to come to work today, so got a sitter. :(

Stephanie - Way to go on going HEAVY!!

Kathy - That's what I want -- DEFINITION!!

Melissa - Ooooo that sounds soooo fun!!! I couldn't get tickets to High School Musical -- so I had to take my daughter to Princesses on Ice -- still good - but not as much fun as HSM!! Have a blast!!

I'm focusing -- focusing -- focusing --- 2 sticks of gum already. Who says that is supposed to help?? NOT!!!

Michelle

Good Morning All.

Today I am starting week #8:) I am kind of at a loss on what workouts to do next. I started with Slow & Heavy and just finished a GS rotation. My question is, Do I continue to lift heavy for the remaining 5 weeks or do I do some sort of endurance w/o? I am confused. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

I did end up doing 4DS HIS with weights first b/c I didn;t know what else to do, and plus I love the music in this one:p

Kids are out of school today so I'm off the the mall with DD to spend some gift cards.

BBL,

Carolyn

No such luck with having today off. Have to be here at work. Can't say on long but wanted to pop in and say I did BFL upper body (the one that Gayle listed). I upped my weights on a few exercises.

Hope everyone is having a good day. I only got a quick peek at the pics and when I get home I will look them over more. I am wondering if she is going to have different people in different workouts so it isn't as crowded.

Good to see some new faces.

Rhonda

Carolyn - I'm at week 8 as well -- and kind of burned out on the weight lifting. I've been doing PUB/PLB. Maybe Gayle will pop in later and give us some advice! :) I almost did 4DS as well this morning -- love those!

I have to say for Cardio -- I'm still on track. Now that I've been trying out some Cardio Coaches and I-trains -- I'm actually excited about getting on the elliptical tomorrow.

Michelle

Rhonda - I'm at work too. UGH!!

Funny - I don't want to look at the blog while at work either -- my boss might wander what kind of a website I'm looking at -- har har!!

Okay, I NEED to stop posting!!! :)

Michelle

Hey guys -

Just stopping in before I have to head out to the next appt of the day. I did bis and tris from 4DS this AM. I had to dig out some heavier weights from the garage - so that's a good thing!

Then I stopped by my new gym and had the personal trainer show me how all the different machines work. Is it me - or is adjusting the seat always the hardest part?? I can never figure out how to do it and consequently feel like a dork!

Then -- wait for it -- i RAN. Yes, me. I have not run in over a decade I am sure. But I popped in itread #1 20 minutes and huffed and puffed my way through it on the treadmill. Wow! I am proud of myself! Now, I did have the added motivation of the nearby college men's soccer team training in one corner of the gym...but that's not cheating. Anyway - how cool was that?

Talk to you later - have a great day - Christina

Hi girls,

Here is my BFL UB workout!

Chest
DB Bench Press (weight is per DB)

12@ 20
10@ 25
8@ 30
6@ 25
12@ 20
DB Flyes 12 @ 20

Back
One Arm DB Rows (weight is per DB)

12@ 20
10@ 25
8 @ 30
6 @ 30
12@ 25
DB reverse crip 12 @ 20

Shoulder
Upright DB rows ( weight is per DB)
12 @ 15
10 @ 20
8 @ 20
6 @ 25
12 @ 25
Rear delt flyes

Biceps
Preacher Curls (weight is per DB)

12@ 15
10@ 15
8@ 20
6 @15
12 @ 15
Concentration Curls 12 @ 20

Triceps
Lying Tricep Extension (weight is per DB)

12@ 10
10@ 15
8@ 10
6@ 15
12@ 10
Overhead Tricep extension 12 @ 20

I will be back later for personals!
Belinda

http://www.PictureTrail.com/gid16930497

Hi ladies! I'd love to join you if it's OK?

I'm starting week 2 of my 12 week BFL challenge and I'm happy so far. I lost 3.2 lbs last week and dropped some BF. I was able to complete all my workouts and my eating has greatly improved since before I started the challenge. I'm looking forward to seeing how far I can go in 12 weeks.

I was originally planning on using PUB/PLB for the challenge since it most closely resembled the suggested weight lifting program for BFL but now I'm wondering if I should switch this out every 4 weeks - 1) so my body doesn't get used to any one thing and 2) so I don't get bored. Do most of you switch things out? If I go this route I was thinkging of using the Gym Styles and Slow & Heavy - any other suggestions (I really like using the DVDs so I don't have to think about which exercises I'm going to do at 4:30 in the morning).

I look forward to getting to know all of you as I make my way through the program!

Good afternoon!

I hope everyone is having a good day!

Kathy, that's wonderful about your loss in body fat! I know you must be feeling great! Keep up the good work!

Melissa, I went HEAVY!!! It felt great! My weight is the same, my measurements are down! Chest -1.5" :-( LOL Biceps +.25" Hips -.25" Waist -1" Thighs -.25" Calves -.5" I wore pants yesterday that were VERY tight the last time I wore them but yesterday they fit a little loose so I'm happy! I finally see a change in my photos too! I will continue doing what I have been doing but I will try to eat just a little better this week and see what happens! Have fun in the city and enjoy spending that quality time with your DD!

Michelle, I do the gum thing too! I hope you stay focused this week!

Carolyn, I hope you enjoyed your workout this morning. Do you have Pyramid Upper/Lower body DVD? That's a good one and it will change things up a bit for you. Have fun at the mall!

Rhonda, way to go on increasing your weights! I have been doing this also for the last week and definitely see and feel the difference.

Christina, WOOOHOOO on the weight increase! And you RAN? I'm so proud of you! Wow! Did you feel good afterward? Are you going to continue? I just started running recently and am in love with it!

Belinda, the weights you use are great! Did you work your abs today? Everytime I work my abs I think of you!

Kim, welcome! Good job on the weight and body fat loss! I have been mixing up my workouts. Today I did Maximum Intensity Strength Upper Body, last week I did PUB and the BFL workout. Most of the time we post what workouts we plan on doing for the day. Sometimes I copy!

I made Galye's Beefy Chili and the Italian Dinner soup today. Both are very good. FYI...I was wondering how I was going to fit it all in the freezer then remembered what Rachael Ray does. She takes freezer bags, labels them then puts a serving (or whatever amount) in the bag. Then when you place them in the freezer they lay flat on top of each other. It's good too if you want to take it to work, by the time lunch rolls around, it's thawed out.

I'll be checking in later!

Stephanie - that's GREAT about your measurements AND wearing pants that are loose. Nothing better than that! I do the same thing with the freezer bags. It makes the mornings so much easier. Just grab a bag and go.

Kim - welcome! Sounds like you are on your way to great success.

Christina - loved your "-- wait for it --"! LOL!

Hi Carolyn, Michelle and Rhonda!

We just got back from the city and boy was it a loooonnnnnggggg day! It was alot of fun though. The show was great! And even though I stayed on track with my meals, I feel "off" for some reason. And I am way too tired to get in my LB workout. Tomorrow is another day, right?! So here are my meals for today, maybe I'll feel better after I write them down...

M#1: protein shake
M#2: salad w/grilled chicken & cilantro lime dressing (no clue is this was clean or not, but I didn't use too much).
M#3: apple & string cheese (at the show, nobody looked at me strangely though!)
M#4: Turkey Black Bean Chili

Okay, I do feel better. In my mind I ate way too much when really I probably ate way too little! Not sure if I'll stay awake long enough to fit in a M#5!!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.