BFL for Mon Feb-04-08

Good morning ladies!

I hit the snooze ONCE this morning... and THEN thought --this is week six! Six workouts and we are half way there!! :) So I jumped out of bed and did PUB!!

I have to get to work -- but can't until I say....

WAY TO GO GAYLE!!!

These stories are what inspire us ALL!!! I know you could feel us all pushing you on!!

Okay, anyone want to race me tomorrow morning?? I'll be on the elliptical at level 5 trying to eek out two miles -- c'mon who is up for it??? ha ha!!! :)

I'll be back when I get to work!!

Michelle
P.S. Belinda - you're always my reminder that I NEED to do ABS!! Ugh!

Good Morning to you all,

I am up....been so since 6am to wake DD to get ready for college. She is still getting ready....

Ok..I worked out my schedule last night for this month.

Today's workout:

SH chest&back
LowMax

Belinda: Have a great workout this morning/?afternoon there yet?

Hi Michelle: Good for you for not letting that snooze button dictate your sleeping in. Great job on PUB! Have a good day at work.

Gayle: How are those legs today?

Ok...time to get moving. BBL after my workout which will be after all have gone to school. Heidi :)

Hello,

Still waiting on DD...

Belinda: Or anyone...What are your favorite ab workouts?
Time for lunch already? I am still working on getting breakfast in the NE. Have a great day! BBL Heidi

Hi Belinda:

I have Ab Hits! Love these ab workouts. For tomorrow's iTread workout what did you have in mind?

I have my new iTread Set 26 - 30min on tap and Coremax #1.

Michelle: I would meet you for that workout but I can't get to it until after the kids are off to school...usually by 9am! This really cuts into my day big time.

Note to All of you that are putting off your ab workouts: If you can't seem to get your abs in after a weight workout..try doing them first that way they are done and you have no excuses.;-)

Still waiting on DS to get ready for school. Working out next months rotations ahead of time.

Be Back after my workout. Heidi

:7

Heidi** I am confused with that DVD or maybe it is Cathe’s catalog? One doesn’t agree with the other, or is it just me? I only have iTread 13 and 19! Looks like 19 is sprints too? Which one is easier? Are all iTreads sprints workouts? I need to try to do my abs before my workouts! That is a great idea! I do like to skip my abs after my weights! LOL! I am not getting a six pack this way, right? I do have to force myself to do abs workouts! Which one is your favorite abs workout?

Belinda
http://www.PictureTrail.com/gid16930497

Morning ya'll --

I am PSYCHED for week two. I'm doing PUB today, plus I'll do some ab exercises from Oxygen. I'll let you know how it goes.

Also - I added glutamine tabs to my diet to help with recovery since I had total body DOMS all last week!!

I'll BBL after my workout. Have a fantastic Monday!!

Christina

Hi Christina,

Have a great workout! Your doing great keep it up. It will get better on the DOMS. :)

Belinda: I have been making a list of the different iTreads.
This is what I have come up with:

Set 1 20min is a quick fix speed interval
40min Interval
60min Sprints w/hills and a steady run
Set 4 40min Cardio Condtioning
Set 4 60min 2 sprints, heavy hills and steady pacing
Set 8 60min Steady state with heavy hills
Set 9 60min Interval (could use for an easy run) or mix up with a upper body weight workout.
Set 13 30min Sprints
Set 21 30min Interval
Set 23 40min Intensity run
Set 23 35min (Tag Team) Fast sprints
Set 24 30min Interval
Set 24 60min Nice interval (could use for an easy run)
Set 26 30min Fast and Flat run

As for abs: Favorites include:
Ab hits #4
B&G
MIC
Coremax (all)
ME
KPC
LIC
SJP
BodyMax 2
CW
TBS abs from LIC
MM

Have fun mixing these in with your weight workouts! Try for at least 3 days a week. Keep in mind...you do use your abs for support in all exercises so they get worked even if you don't realize it.:)

BBL Still waiting on DS. Heidi

Good morning everyone!

I have time for a quick post before I run into a meeting so I'm going to post my meals & workout then I'll be back later for personals.

M#1: protein shake
M#2: quiche & sweet potato
M#3: turkey black bean chili
M#4: w/w wrap, 3 oz taco meat, salsa & veggies
M#5: 4 oz turkey breast, 1/2 c brown rice & carrots
M#6: protein shake

I have LB to do tonight, but not sure how it's going to work since my DH won't be home to help me.

BBL

Morning!
This morning I did a BFL Lower Body Workout + PS Legs (floor work) + Amy Bento Abs. It’s amazing how much stronger you get each week! I’m ready to increase weights again for Friday’s workout. :)

Belinda – Great workout! I also own Ab Hits and it’s probably been the most uses Ab DVD I own. Most iTread’s are a mixture of sprints, hills, and intervals. There are a few that Grace sticks to one thing….like iTread 13 & 19 which are specifically sprints (I personally think iTread 13 is easier only because it doesn’t have a hill like 19).

Michelle – Good for you not hitting the snooze! I’ve been jumping out of bed most mornings too…thinking that you ladies are already up and at ‘em, lol. YES, I will meet you tomorrow morning sharp…..I’ll be on the treadmill next to your elliptical. ;)

Heidi – Great workout too! A couple of other good ab workouts are P90X Ab Ripper X and Amy Bento Abs & Stretch. I also do my ab workout as a warmup, too. ;)

Christina – I love your enthusiasm! I use a teaspoon of glutamine in my protein shake after weight workouts. It really does help with the soreness.

Hi to all that follow!

Kathy

Seems to be an upper body day, hugh? LOL Happy Monday!

First, my workout is done. I'm tired...we got in from BF's at 10:30 last night after watching the whole Super Bowl game. I slept in this morning then got my workout in after the bus came.

Did PUB and OUCHIE! Had to eek out the last rep or 2 on the bicep heavy set (used 21 #). I'm still pretty sore from Saturday's Cardio Kicks, especially in the lats and upper back. The only part of me that's sore from yesterday's race are my shins (a wee bit, only), and I'm surprised that my quads aren't sore from the DOWNhills.

Michelle-you KNOW I’ll take you up on that challenge. I’ll be doing an iTread (not sure which one yet). And thanks for the kudos for yesterday’s race!

Heidi-for abs, here are my favorites: Core Max on the ball (love those pikes), PUB abs, Boot Camp (the original BC) abs and ME abs one right after the other. I’ll have to copy your list of iTread descriptions. I’m slowly doing the exact same thing with mine, so you’ve helped MY little project now too! Thanks! LOL

Belinda-great workout! I have ab hits and use it pretty often. It’s nice to have that DVD to just pop in, choose a section and GO! iTreads…they are all different. 13 and 19 are both sprints. To me, I think they’re both equally tough. (that didn’t help, did it? lol). There are other iTreads that are tempo runs (where you slowly increase your speed and then hold it), there are hills, sprints, intervals, tempo, steady state, etc. You just have to have THEM ALL! lol

Christina-enjoy PUB. And I love the DOMS too! HA!

We've got NOTHING after school today. We're all tired. I'll BBL after work/school. I have to straighten and clean this house, and get laundry done.

Here's my menu plan for today:
M1: turkey cheese wrap in a low carb wrap
M2: protein pancakes at work
M3: roast beef wrap
M4: Salmon, small baked potato, 'fried' cabbage
M5: protein pudding
(since I got up later than normal, I may not get meal 6 in...anybody want it? :9 )

Gayle

Heidi, Gayle and Kathy thanks on the info on iTreads! I don't jog regular! I do like to start going to the gym and pick up jogging again! Would you recommend to start with 30 min. steady run on my own or is there a iTrain that would help me to get better? Or should I stick with iTrains 13? I know in the gym the TM has a program that have intervals, personal trainer and so on or should I pick that?

Gayle thanks for getting me hooked on iTreads!}(

Belinda

http://www.PictureTrail.com/gid16930497

Hi all! I started BFL TODAY! Pardon me for butting in, but I was hoping to join your group! I started BFL because of Gayle's post in Success Stories.

I'll tell you a little about myself...I am turning 40 in May (I'll finish my 12 weeks the week before my birthday!) I am married and have 2 sons, Brock who is 22 and Neil who is 2 weeks shy of 16 and I have a step-daughter, Magen who is 21.

I work out of our home doing the books for our small construction company. I was an accountant and tax preparer but gave it up last April to work full-time with our company.

I am excited to start this new journey with BFL and hope to be able to learn a lot about myself in the process. I am going to miss doing Cathe's workouts over the next 12 weeks but after reading some of the posts I may be able to modify so I can?

I hope everyone has a great day!

Hi Heidi -

Thanks for those lists - that's really helpful!

I have to push myself to do abs, but they are probably the one body part I need to work most 'cause I have two herniated discs and if I don't keep my abs strong, I can't do much of anything else!!

Had an awesome PUB workout this morning. In case you've never tried this one, here's my fave recipe for a post-weight-training smoothie:
1 cup skim milk/1 large scoop choc protein powder/1 Tb. Almond butter/0.25 cup dry oatmeal. Blend and serve over ice - Yum!

Way to go on your morning workouts everyone :)!!!

Christina

Hi all!

Stopping by because I needed to send out a few e-mails.

Under the weather here. DD was sick all day yesterday with the stomach flu, and I've got it now. Obviously no workout here, and meals will be the BRAT diet. Other than that, we're just vegging. Hope none of you catch it over cyber space.

Looks like you are all doing some great workouts! Keep it up because it's paying off!

Good Monday Morning,

I'm still suffering with a head /chest cold. No workouts this weekend. Didn't have the strength or energy.

Today I start week 6. Down another pound but the inches aren't moving like I want them to, especially in the waist. What gives?

Today I did GS Legs. I'll be feeling the DOMS tomorrow.

M1 - Cottage Cheesew/yogurt
M2 - egg white omelet w/veggies\
M3 - Chicken and veggies on ww tortilla
M4 - protien shake
M5 - BFL Pot Roast w/potatoes and carrots
M6 - ?

Welcome Stephanie:)

Carolyn

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.