BFL - It's Monday - 5/5

Good morning all!

Today is a rest day, but I think I’ll work in some cardio later today. Like Melissa, I want to get down to that next level. My weight and body fat% have been constant the past 5 weeks, since I started my second challenge. I want to get both down just a bit before my race in 2 weeks, so I’m going to try to shake things up by increasing my cardio a bit. I do feel that I have more muscle because I’m getting stronger. It’s just hiding under a layer of fat.

Stephanie – 40 is great! Glad you enjoyed the day.

Kathy – You did awesome! Now, slow down and give that body a break. Remember that you can do it all, just not all at once. Enjoy your accomplishments!

Amelia – My exercise room is the family room, so I don’t wake DH. However, I may just have him convinced that we need to get the basement set-up for exercise space.

Melissa – Yes, I to feel like all I do is go to the grocery store. Trying to keep fresh fruits and veggies on hand is more work than the junk food. Fortunately I do run to the grocery store at lunch to get good food rather than the fast food places.

Belinda – Glad you enjoyed your day!

Good morning to all who follow! Everyone have a great day!

Good morning Sherry! What WO are you planning today? I hope you have a great Monday!

ETA: Sherry, posting at the same time! I'm glad to hear you are getting stronger! You should be so proud of your accomplishments!

Are we all keeping track of the calories burned today? Kathy, don't forget to add your's from yesterday! LOL!

Just finished iTrain #1 40 minutes...calories burned 421.

bbl...getting ready for WORK!!!

Good Morning,

I was MIA this weekend. My DS had prom on Saturday and then we had a fundraiser tennis tournament on Sunday. Busy, Busy.

Be back after my workout

Good Morning girls!

I think i have convinced myself to do a LB circuit of some type!?? Im not sure what yet! May do like 20mins on the TM then do some LB work,then do 20more mins on the TM.I need to get in some abbs today too!

OK,i gotta tell you girls something funny! I made some more of Melissa's banana bread on saturday and i asked my DH to cut it in ten equal slices(he use to be a carpenter) so he gets out his ruler,and does a little equation on a pc of paper(im kinda watching the whole time,but pretending to be busy;-)) and can you believe that with all that trouble he still only gets 7 slices out of that loaf! LOL I asked what the problem was he said"the kids are destracting(sp?) me, :+

Sherry-a workout space sounds exciting:) i'll have my fingers crossed for ya!;-)

Steph-Great job on your workout and calories burned! Man i wish i could add my cals in there,i may get a HRM soon-but it may be a bad idea for me as i will probably be obsessed with EVERY SINGLE workout from hear on out,LOL:+ I would like to know how many cals i burn though;-)

Kathy-WOW girlfriend,im so proud of you! Awesome job! I agree with Sherry,now its time for some rest!! But high fives to ya!:) Thanks for sharing your story yesterday,i enjoyed it:)

Carolyn-How was your DS's prom on saturday? You DID have a busy weekend! Enjoy your workout!

Hey to anybody i missed,gotta go get dd up for school! Only three more weeks until i can sleep a little bit longer,yay!;-)

Good morning ladies -

PUB done for the day!! Yeah!

I didn't get on the boards this weekend... so Happy Belated Birthdays to Belinda and Stephanie!!! Did you finally watch 27 dresses, Belinda? I did - it was a great girl's movie! Stephanie -- great photo, what a neat idea! Yup, I'm up in the mornings with you, I need to be done by 6:00 - so I get up between 4:30 and 5:00. I'm trying to stick to a slightly altered BFL plan. MWF - weights and TTS - cardio. For weights I'm doing one upper, one lower and then one total body.

And of course happy birthday to your g-pa Gayle!! :)

Okay... one last thing before I have to get ready for work... WAY TO GO KATHY!!! I LOVED your post! Brought both chills and tears! I'm so glad you had your name on your back so people could cheer you on! However, I thought maybe your superwoman cape might have covered it! We love ya girl!!!

I'll be back later!
Michelle

Good morning ladies!

I DID IT!! I got my big 'ol butt up and downstairs at 6:00 this morning and did CC#1. I feel great!! I still can't believe it actually got up. I'll do UB tonight.

Ameila - LOL about your DH and his ruler. The kids were distracting him...sure they were!;)

Sherry - it is alot of work keeping good food in the house. I feel like I'm constantly shopping or cooking. Or eating!:+ Congrats on getting stronger!! And enjoy whatever you decide to do today!

Stephanie - I forgot about Calorie-Burn Monday! Thankfully I looked at my HRM this morning. 286 calories for me today. Have a great day!

Hi Michelle and Carolyn and all that follow! Off to wake up DD. She told me last night that she wanted me to wake her up when I got up...YEAH RIGHT!! She's just like her mother!

BBL when I get to work!

Morning!
Sherry – Wow, your race is coming up quick! I thought of you yesterday when I saw the relay teams. They were cheering and having a great time in the transition area! I think you’re going to have a super time doing the Detroit Marathon this Fall. :)

Stephanie – I burned 2890 calories yesterday with an average heartrate of 159 and maximum heartrate of 169 bpm. My heartrate was actually pretty low for a race, I usually average 165 bpm and max at about 175-180 (that’s how I knew my physical didn’t match my cardio). Doh! I’m going to have try iTrain 1 – 40 minutes soon. :)

Carolyn – Glad to see you posting this morning. :) How was your son’s prom? Did he enjoy it?

Amelia – LOL! Sounds like something my DH would do! Bet those slices were perfect though. ;)

Michelle – We are thinking alike! After my recovery week, I’m going to do a modified version of Cathe’s May rotation which is a split and a total body with cardio each week.
We watched “Untraceable” at the hotel the other night and guess what was available to? 27 Dresses, of course DH said nope….you can rent that one from Netflix. ;)

Melissa – Great job on the morning workout! High five! How’s your bike?

I’m feeling sore this morning but the stiffness is starting to go away. I was walking like a 90 year old woman yesterday afternoon. It felt like rigamortis (sp?) was setting in, lol. My Achilles tendon on my “good leg” is tight so I’ll probably do some stretching later today (I took a vacation day today because I knew I’d feel like this!) Thanks again for all the wonderful comments, they mean so much. I don’t say it often enough, but I’m very grateful for this group of very supportive and encouraging ladies. I’m so glad I found you!

Hi to everyone that follows!

Kathy

WOOOOOO HOOOOOO Kathy!!!! Michelle's right....I was worried your Super Woman Cape would distract some folks! LOL YOU ROCK, girl! Enjoy your day OFF!

OK....remember that this week is my SUPER DUPER CRAZY week, so I barely have time to post right now.

Quickly....this morning's workout; first with this new trainer. Lower body:
10 minutes on treadmill; I ran 1.03 miles.
LB weight work (a few new exercises or variations)
15 minutes on treadmill; I ran 1.75 miles.

I WAS DRENCHED! And feeling great!

Sorry, but I can't stay and play, ladies. Thinks are beckoning me!

BBL I hope!

Gayle

Good morning girls,

I just finished TAE BO ll get ripped advanced 1! I forgot how tought that workout was! I had a great cardio workout! I still have to work my legs tonight! I never got my cardio in Saturday or Sunday! I am playing catch up again!

I will be back for personals after my workout! My DH is coming tomorrow!
Belinda

http://www.PictureTrail.com/gid16930497

Hi everyone!

Kathy - I am loving my bike! At first I was kind of kicking myself for not saving more money and getting a real spinning bike, but this one is working out perfectly! Have a great day!

Gayle - How are you feeling after this mornings workout? That must have been tough to do more cardio after the LB work..

It's 3:00 and I've only gotten in 2 meals so far. Today has been crazy!! It's almost over though..

:7

Boy ladies -- you are all quiet today! Must just be a MONDAY!!

Okay Melissa - I can eat a couple of your meals to keep you on track! har har! I'm so glad you got up this morning! Doesn't it just make your day to have it done! Soooo, are you tan or what?? I AM!!!

Hello to everyone!!! Bosses are here so can't get too personal! :)

Michelle
P.S. Big hello to Sherry! Wow only two more weeks!
Carolyn - prom -- wow that brings back memories. :)

Michelle - feel free to take meal #3 :p I really am glad that I got up this morning and it seemed way too easy. Not the workout, but the getting up part! My tan is coming along rather nicely. I'm going to give myself another coating tonight before I go to bed.

Well,no workout today...if felt like cleaning so i did! i hardly ever just 'feel' like cleaning so i took advantage of it;-)

I've been thinking,as long as i work my upper/lower body twice a week and get in 4cardios and 2-3abb workouts i should be fine! so,if i do a cardio for thirty minutes and a weight workout for thirty minutes-four days a week then throw in some abbs on alternating days i should be able to take three rest days a week sounds good to me. so tommorrow im going to start that! Im going to keep going with the "No Step"rule for a while...im seeing results in my legs with the Tm:) OK,ive said my peace....talk to you girls tommorrow:)

sorry for the totally self indulged post:-(

Amelia - sounds like you've got a great workout plan going! I NEVER feel like cleaning -- so be glad you took advantage of it.

Gayle - so what do you think of having a trainer?

Kathy - Glad you didn't pick 27 dresses -- it really is a total chick flick. My DH - who likes romantic movies -- even he wouldn't have like this one.

Melissa - This morning I was trying to explain to my 10 year old son the definition of "procrastinating" -- when you need to do something, put it off, and waste so much time just thinking about that you have to do it... then I realized that is what I do if I don't get my workout done in the morning. I waste more time worrying about it --- so I figure I might as well NOT hit the snooze! Glad you joined me this morning! Boy did we look thin with our tans!! :)

Michelle

Hey gals! Just got home from my first day at work! Two women work in the office and one ended up staying home because she was sick! So, I was in the therapy room ALL DAY, ALL BY MYSELF! I didn't do too bad! I sure hope Debbie comes in tomorrow! :eek:

Okay, I'm going to do a little whining! Our primary is tomorrow here in NC. EVERY commercial on tv is from one of the Democratic presidential nominations AND all the other candidates running, so every time a commercial comes on, it's...VOTE FOR ME BECAUSE...yada yada yada. AND my phone has been ringing off the hook for the last 2 weeks. I even got to "talk" to Bill, Darrell Waltrip, the NASCAR driver and a few other "higher up's". I am sick and tired of it! I plan on voting tomorrow and look forward to seeing the tv commercials of Dove, Toyota and Charmin and of course the silent phone back!

This message was paid for and approved by Stephanie...

Hello,

Just checking in with LIS and ab hits #1 done! FINALLY!

I went for a 2.5mi PW late yesterday and my shins are just a tad sore. I went as fast as I could go.

I am focusing more on cardio these days. Weights are going to take a back burner for awhile.

Kathy: Are your legs really sore? I shouldn’t even say a word about my shins considering you RAN a marathon!
I will be joining you on the new May 08 rotation. I thought that I would start it last week but it has been too busy here. So I am starting tomorrow with the GS series upper body.

Sherry: Did you take a complete rest day today?
I guess grocery shopping should be our middle names considering how often we all have to go there to feed the family in general.

Stephanie: What did you think of iTread #1 40min?
What or how many calories do you think I burned on LIS and abs hits #1 combined?

I saw my first hummingbird today! Luckily I put the feeder out early last week. So far there are 2 males. The females aren’t far behind I am sure.

I hear you on the commercials!! Pretty fed up with the whole process right now.

You must have had a tough day starting right out in the thick of things without a training period. Good for you!

Carolyn: I hope your DS had a great time at the Prom! What was your workout for today?

Amelia: I just laughed when I read your post! That is really funny and I can just picture your face sneaking watching him try to cut the bread so precise.
I have been doing the same with my workouts lately. I have tons of outdoor yard work to do now that it is starting to get warmer. The rain is really putting a damper on my efforts however. It is going to rain for the next 4 days starting weds!

Melissa: Great job in getting up early this morn! My DD wants me to wake her up early too but I say the same! I told her that I would bring a bucket of ice the next time.
Glad to hear that you are enjoying your new bike. Still looking at it on-line and I did show my DH….hint hint!!!

Gayle: How are you feeling after your power workout today?

Hi Belinda: Tae Bo eh? Sounds like you had a fun workout!

Hi Michelle: I wish I could get up earlier and get my workout in. My DH gets up around 5:15 and I just can't do it when he is trying tp get ready for work.

I hope you all enjoy your evenings. BBT Heidi

Hey Heidi! I looked back to see what I burned doing LIS, 325 calories. I also did an ab routine for 20 minutes, not ab hits, though, and burned an additional 98 calories.

I loved iTrain #1 40 minutes. Kathy sent me all the breakdowns of the Itrains she has...I would be happy to forward them to you if you want. Just let me, or Kathy know! There were a few hills (10%, 6% and 2%). It was a challenge for me this morning.

Enjoy your birds! I love nature too! It's so relaxing!

Have a wonderful evening!

Hi girls,

Just wanted to tell you, No second workout tonight! Alesia has finals this week; she is studying in the family room I do my workouts in the family room)! I hope I will catch up this week somehow!

WAY TO GO KATHY!!! I am so proud of you!

Stephanie, nice pictues!

Good night!
Belinda

http://www.PictureTrail.com/gid16930497

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.