BFL - It's Monday! 1/28

Sherry K

Cathlete
Good morning!

Day 57 – I’m psyched! UBWO on tap for today – completed PUB, 15# flies should have some nice DOMS – last time it lasted for 2 days!

Yesterday I got my psyche up, focusing on progress and not perfection. I reviewed my 12 week goals. I planned my meals and did healthy grocery shopping, even bought Myoplex to do these next 4 weeks true to BFL. I had gotten away from the evening planning for the next day, but now I’m ready, even made the protein waffles last night for today’s breakfast, so today will be:

M1: protein waffles
M2: protein shake
M3: salad, turkey wrap
M4: apple, raw almonds
M5: turkey tacos
M6: protein shake

Also helped that I came across the following article:

“Can you afford the extras?”

Stopping at Starbucks on your way to work? Looking for a snack to get you through the mall? Thinking of dessert? Here’s how much exercise a 150-pounds person would have to do to burn off the calories in some popular foods.

Slice of cheese pan pizza (Sbarro) = 650 calories = 1 hr. and 10 min. playing tennis

Muffin (Starbucks) = 450 calories = 1 hour jogging

Caffe Mocha (20 oz. with whipped cream, Starbucks) = 400 calories = 40 minutes swimming laps

Slice of N.Y.style cheesecake (Cheesecake Factory) = 700 calories =2 hrs 40 min. brisk walking

2 chocolate truffles (Godiva) = 200 calories = 20 minutes bicycling

Bagel with Cream Cheese = 500 calories = 2 hrs. 30 min. ballroom dancing

Chocolate chip cookie (Starbucks) = 400 calories = 40 minutes stair master

Since I don’t have the time for these “penalties”, I can’t afford to drift away from the plan. I’m visualizing my 2nd goal, the waistline, to happen by the end of the week, and I’m soooo close.

LADIES, LET’S ROCK!

Good Morning Ladies!!

Sherry -- what a great way to start the morning -- thanks for the pep talk!! It is amazing when the calories are broken down like that!

I am doing the happy dance today! It is day 1 of week 5! I've had weeks were I was actually up pounds and I was wondering if this was working. Today I woke up with energy, feeling strong, and a little bit lighter. I stepped on the scale to find from Day One I am down 3 total pounds! Yahoooo!! BFL IS working!

I ate perfect yesterday -- I also bought more Myoplex Lite shakes. I love the chocolate truffle -- and am getting ready to go drink one now.

My workout this morning was PLB -- but I did the Calves from 4DS and the Firewalkers from B&G.

Ya know, I used to DREAD Mondays -- now I love them! With every new Monday I am one week closer to my goal!! Gosh, I don't know why I'm even stepping on the scale -- this new attitude, the new engery, that should be enough to tell me BFL is working! :)

Happy workouts to you all today!!
Michelle

Where are you Belinda? You are always here in the morning? Were in my class this morning? I'm matching Cathe's weights -- so I was right there in the front row!! har har!!

Okay Gayle -- where is our fearless leader!? Missed you yesterday. I hope your cold is okay! I didn't see you in PLB today -- are you straying on me??!!

Michelle
P.S. Jean - I haven't heard from you either in awhile. Hang in there girl and know we are all in this together!!

Good morning, ladies. Add me to the list of those PUMPED UP FOR MONDAYS! I was SOOOOOOOOOOOO looking forward to today. I'm about 98% back to healthy, and THAT makes me happy!

I'm with you guys on the planning. My motto for this week is BACK TO BASICS. No doubt about it. But at the same time, as you said Sherry, I'm focussing on PROGRESS, not PERFECTION!

In that spirit, I've got PLB (with slightly increased weights again) on tap as soon as the kiddos get on the bus this morning. I decided that for this week, for the mornings where there is the time to do so, I will sleep in and get my workout in after the school bus. Then when I'm completely 100%, it's back to EARLY morning. Really, though, the only mornings I can do the later workout is today, Tuesday and Friday. So no big switch.

OK...I have to go wake the kids. Sorry, also, that I didn't get online yesterday AT ALL! We laid low all day, I read my book and relaxed. The kids played outside most of the day and I just sat and enjoyed the day quietly and peacefully. THAT doesn't happen too often around here!

BBL after my workout with wiggly legs! LOL

Gayle

Good Morning
Gayle, your posts always make me feel good and give me that "I CAN do this" feeling...thank you!
Michelle-way to go on the pounds lost!
Sherry-I definelty cannot afford the treats like that.
I will be doing PLB this morning after I get dd to school and before I go to school. Hello, to everyone else!
I'll be back after class.

Good morning

I went to the gym this morining and did a lower body workout!

Barbell squats
12 reps @ 50
10 reps @ 50
8 reps @ 60
6 reps @ 70
12 reps @ 60
Leg extensions 12 reps @ 60

Prone leg curl
12 reps @ 60
10 reps @ 50
8 reps @ 65
6 reps @ 65
12 reps @ 50
DB Deadlifts 12 reps @ 25 lb. each

Leg extesions
12 reps @ 50
10 reps @ 55
8 reps @ 55
6 reps @ 60
12 reps @ 60
Seated leg curl 12 preps@ 65

Seated caves
12 reps @ 20
10 reps @ 20
8 reps @ 20
6 reps @ 30
12 reps @ 30
DB tow legged angled out calf raises 12 reps @ 15 db each

Leg press
12 reps @ 120
10 reps @ 140
8 reps @ 160
6 reps @ 160
12 reps @ 120
Seated leg curls 12 preps @ 65

Please tell me if I forgot to do a leg workout!

Sherry nice job on your PUB this morning! Those protein waffles sound really good!

Michelle great job as well on you PLB + calves and firewalkers!

Have a nice day and workout!

Good Morning to you all,

I was working all day yesterday around the house so I never got to check-in. Everytime I sat down to do so my DH would call me for something else.

Thank you all for the recipes! I printed them out and will try them soon.

Sherry: Great job on the #15 flies. Thanks for the shock treatment! It is hard to believe that a dinky little muffin can have so many calories. (Good thing I don't eat out for breakfast too often!)

Gayle: Have a great workout later. Glad that you are feeling better today. You really needed the rest.

Susan and Michelle: Good job on getting in your workout early this morning. PLB is one of my favorites. I really like the firewalkers too. }(

Belinda: You are doing great on the weights used. }( I hope you can walk tomorrow.;-) Glad to hear that your MP3 is now loaded with your iTread workouts. Have fun!

Kathy: I am working on getting my basement workout area repainted and more organized. My DH helped out yesterday...finally! He started the painting process and I guess I am going to finish it. He has a lot of tools in the utility side of the cellar to clean up. That is his big time project!

Hi Jennifer: Glad that you are here and checking in every so often. :)

Hello Melissa: Great job on the on going weight loss!

Hello to Jean and anyone else that I might have missed.

Workout planned:
GS Legs
MM abs and stretch

Have a great day everyone! BBL Heidi

:7

Good Morning, Ladies ~ :)

Got a good workout in yesterday. Did BBC, Arms&Abs, have some good DOMS today :) Eating wasn't 100% clean, but not as bad as it been.

Did stop at Wawa and picked up my donut & coffee. Took one bite of the donut and threw the rest away. My meals are planned, having Grapes & 2-boiled eggs for breakfast;

S~Protein pancakes
L~Chicken Stew
S~Yogurt/apple
D~Turkey Breast, veggies, salad
S~ ?

Today is BBC Legs/Cardio. I hoped to get to the gym at lunch time, but I have to run to the bank instead. I lost my debit card last week and I need to get one ordered.

Kids are scheduled to go on strike tomorrow. Channel 3 News was at the school this morning, and who do they have to stop for a interview...YEP, ME ... I was so embarrassed! So, GAYLE, watch C3 news, maybe you will see me...LOL :)
And here, I set my last week of vacation for when the kids are off, and it looks like they are going to be home anyways :(

Be Back in a bit for personals.

"Today is a Gift, Have Fun"

~Jennifer~

="http://images.meez.com/user07/3/8/4/4/4/4/8/3844448_bodyshot_300x400.gif

Morning All,

Today I start week 5. Yesterday was my weigh in day. I was down 1 more pound for a total of 9 pounds since 12/31. I feel slimmer and better but so far nobody has commented on my weight loss. I can see the difference but I guess most people aren't that observant. Oh well,maybe next week. It is a little discouraging:-(

Today is S/H legs and shoulders.

Eating has been right on track too. I do real well on my free day until dinner time. That should be the one to watch out for! I hope I'm not sabatoging my efforts .

Hello to everyone.

BBL,
Carolyn

Hey guys. Just coming quickly (again) to post my workout. PLB is DONE. I used 42.5/52.5/62.5/52.5/42.5 for all the standing work. I'll be feeling it tomorrow.

I have to go dry my hari and get dressed for work. Here is what my planned menu looks like for today:

M1: Myoplex Lite shake (just had that)
M2: Protein Pancakes
M3: Turkey Black Bean Chili
M4: Roasted Chicken, brown rice, steamed carrots
M5: Apple and string cheese
(not sure if I'll get in 6 meals today since I got up and worked out later than normal).

I'm planning on walking to work (despite the temp in the teens, lol) to loosen up these legs.

BBL,

Gayle

p.s. SO SORRY I haven't been around to chat more. Now that I'm feeling much better, I'll be around again!

Sherry – Great job on the 15 pounders for flies, yay! Thanks for the wake up call on all the “snacks”, yikes. You’re going to blow the next 4 weeks out of the water!

Michelle – I was so happy when I read your post this morning, 3 lbs. is AWESOME! Your’s and Sherry’s energy just came through and gave me a well needed jolt (or kick in the pants, lol).

Gayle! I’m so happy to see you this morning and in such great spirits, too. We miss your enthusiasm and spunk when you’re gone. Glad you’re feeling good, too.

Susan – Enjoy PLB!

Belinda – NICE workout! How did your legs feel after those heavy weights? :) I see you hit all the major muscle groups….quads with the squats/presses – hamstrings with the deadlifts/leg curls and calves with the seated/standing work. Good job!

Heidi – Having your own space in the basement is going to be wonderful, you just wait! I just love going down into my space and “zoning” out and focusing on “me” for a little bit. You all know how it is when you’re a Mom, your mind is always focused on your family. But for that short time, it’s all about you! Oh, I meant to ask you if you do (or have done) distance running? I remember you talking about doing 15 miles on a treadmill….and I salute you for that, lol! I get antsy after 10 but sometimes I have no choice if the weather isn’t cooperating.

Jennifer – Great workout and your meals look very good. Good for you for tossing the yukky donut, you’ll feel better for it later when you have more energy for your workout. Wow, are the kids protesting something?

Carolyn! WOW, 9 pounds is freakin’ amazing! I’m sure people notice but sometimes just won’t say anything about it. The most important thing is YOU see changes and feel better.

Today was a BFL Upper Body Workout + Amy Bento Abs + 20 minute iClimb on the elliptical. I just felt like a little quick cardio this morning and had some extra time. I’m hoping the weather is nice this weekend for my long run, I’m itching to get outside. I can handle a little cold but ice just scares the heck out of me. I’m terrified of falling again. This injury has put the fear in me, lol.

Here’s the workout:

DB chest press (weight is per dumbbell) -
12 reps @ 20 lbs.
10 reps @ 25 lbs.
8 reps @ 27.5 lbs.
6 reps @ 30 lbs.
12 reps @ 27.5 lbs.
DB Chest Flyes - 25 lbs.

Bent Arm Side Laterals (weight is per dumbbell) –
12 reps @ 12 lbs.
10 reps @ 15 lbs.
8 reps @ 18 lbs.
6 reps @ 20 lbs.
12 reps @ 18 lbs.
Seated Overhead Press - 18 lbs.

Two Arm DB Row (weight is per dumbbell) -
12 reps @ 20 lbs.
10 reps @ 25 lbs.
8 reps @ 27.5 lbs.
6 reps @ 30 lbs.
12 reps @ 27.5 lbs.
DB Pullover – 32.5 lbs. (need to up the weights on these)

Lying Barbell Tricep Extension - (need to up the weights on these)
12 reps @ 25 lbs.
10 reps @ 30 lbs.
8 reps @ 32.5 lbs.
6 reps @ 35 lbs.
12 reps @ 32.5 lbs.
Kickbacks - 12 lbs. each

Alternating DB Bicep Curl (weight is per dumbbell) -
12 reps @ 12 lbs.
10 reps @ 15 lbs.
8 reps @ 20 lbs.
6 reps @ 22.5 lbs.
12 reps @ 20 lbs.
Barbell Curl - 40 lbs. (need to up the weights on these)

Assisted Wide Grip Pullups -
10 reps
8 reps
6 reps
7 reps

OK, Kathy---have you set a challenge with those weights or what? lol I'll have to see how I compare on WEdnesday's upper body for me!

HI EVERYBODY!

Headed out the door 10 MINUTES AGO!

Gayle

Hi girls,

I am back with personals!

Sherry** your meals look good!

Michelle** nice job on your weight loss! Great job on your workout this morning! I went to the gym very early this morning, I will post tomorrow!

Gayle** I am so happy you are feeling better today! You lift heavy! You will feel your legs tomorrow!

Susan** have fun at school! Great job on PLB!

Heidi** I hope I can walk tomorrow, I plan on doing iTrains! Looks like you have a lot of work ahead of you! Have fun painting! Have fun with GS legs later!

Jennifer** glad you enjoyed your workout this morning! Your meals look good!

I will be back later!

Belinda
http://www.PictureTrail.com/gid16930497

Carolyn - WOW, what have you been doing? You look so thin -- AND healthy AND strong. PLEASE tell me your secret!!!

Okay, now someone has commented!! I'm only down 3 -- so YOU are really on a roll!! Keep it up!! ;)

Michelle
P.S. DH always notices -- but no one else EVER comments on my losses either. Funny how they always notice when I gain though. x(

Heidi - We missed you too yesterday! Is DH back to normal??

Jennifer -- What do you mean the kids go on strike??

Michelle

Good morning everyone. I will BBL for personals, but I just wanted to post real quick about how I am also VERY EXCITED that IT'S MONDAY!! It is such a great feeling to look forward to a new week and it sounds like everyone agrees. I think that I'm beginning to look forward to Mondays more than Free Sundays! Wow, that's progress!

I spent almost all day yesterday cooking stuffed peppers and beef & barley soup and protein pancakes and EFL pot roast and cutting up all my veggies for quick salads...I was EXHAUSTED! Aren't Sundays supposed to be relaxing?!?!?!;-)

Meals for today are:

M#1: protein pancakes
M#2: beef & barley soup
M#3: salad w/ 1/2c edamame, 1/2c black beans, 1T dried cranberries & veggies
M#4: apple & string cheese
M#5: stuffed pepper
M#6: protein shake

ROCK ON LADIES!!!!!!!!!:7

Hi girls,

I started week 4 today!

I just finshed Abs from Butts & Guts/ stability ball abs! My abs are on fire!I forgot how tough that one is!

Good morning Melissa, I would be echausted too cooking all that good food! You don't have to cook all week long! Have a great day!

Belinda
http://www.PictureTrail.com/gid16930497

Melissa - That is so funny we were all so excited for Monday!! Wow, you are making me hungry -- and now my limp turkey on WW doesn't look so tempting! ha ha!

Belinda - Go girl on the abs -- man, I NEED to do abs. After I do my cardio I'm just not motivated to do it. Maybe tomorrow I'll do a CoreMax first and then the elliptical!

Michelle

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.