BFL for Fri Feb 29th 2008

Good morning Belinda! I hope you enjoyed your workout! What did you do? I will be doing Butts & Guts. Love this one!

I have be AWOL quite a bit lately. Things have been crazy busy! My Mom, who lives in California, flew in to Durham (2 hours away) yesterday and will leave on Sunday, so I'm heading to Durham around 9am this morning and will return late Sunday evening. The hotel we will be staying in has a fitness center so I will not miss a workout. I'm worried I will eat like a pig though. Mom likes her southern food! Tonight we will go to a steakhouse and I'm planning on a small filet, fresh veges and possibly a salad. I will be packing my protein powder and some fruit so hopefully I can fill up on that before heading out to eat! I hope everyone is doing well, haven't read the latest posts...I will have to go back and read from Wednesday's posts when I get back.

Ya'll have a great weekend...what is everyone's plans? Something fun and outdoors maybe?

Good morning Belinda and all who follow!

Today was 4DS legs & core - I even did the core first to make sure I got it in. :) I could have gone heavier with legs, but I don't think I could have kept up the pace, since didn't. It really is great to see the progress in weights. I'm excited about getting stronger.

Today is another fly by. Sorry. I'm reading everything, I just don't have the time to respond to personals. Today it's another 2-4 inches of snow that's supposed to begin during rush hour. I want to be well on my way there before it hits.

Like Belinda said, have a great workout and a clean day!

Good morning Stephanie. We posted at the same time. have fun with your mom this weekend. I know there will be good food choices available, but remember that you do get a free day. Just try to keep it in moderation.

Belinda - I'm also interested to know what everyone thinks a barbells et should cost. It's on my to-buy list.

Good morning ladies!

Belinda-I'm not sure, to be honest! LOL I bought most of my workout stuff at the Play It Again Sports store. Sorry! NOW GO WORKOUT, LADY!

Stephanie-my sis works in Durham, at NC Eye & Ear Hospital! Enjoy the time with MOM!

Sherry-AH! You did abs too, hugh? LOL I have to admit, TODAY was the first ab workout I did all week! I almost skipped out on it too, but then I thought of you gals! HA!

For me, today's workout is DONE! YEAH! I did PUB plus Boot Camp (the original) ab/core work. I LOVE those abs. My arms are shaking. This is the first time in almost 2 weeks that I did PUB, so I'm sure DOMS will show up tomorrow! lol

Today is a QUIET DAY for me. Imagine that! HA! They're calling for some kind of winter storm today or tonight...not sure, since I don't even watch the news anymore! I'll just wait and see what happens!

BBL

Gayle

Good Morning to you all,

Belinda: Time to get into your workout gear...I am waiting. ;-)
Not sure on the cost of a BB...haven't looked at these lately.

Stephanie: Have a great day with your Mom. You might not see her for a while so enjoy. Great job on getting in your workouts on the fly.:D

Sherry: That is great that you are again ready to increase your weights. What an awesome feeling.

Today's workout is calling:
SH chest/back
KPC abs
iTread #9

Come on Belinda!

BBL Heidi Hello to all that follow! Have a great workout!

Hey Gayle,

Posting at the same time...

Great job in getting in those abs today! :)

Waiting for that storm here as well. Possible 4" or so is due. Yuck!
I can't wait until next week it is suppose to be in the 50's!

Quiet day huh? So what are your plans?

This weekend in Topsfield MA there is a Maple Sugar Tour going on. Might go to that with the kids if it isn't too bad out.

Am I still waiting for you Belinda?

BBL Heidi

Hi Ya’ll!

Belinda – We’re waiting :>!!

Stephanie – Have a good time with your Mom. I am sure the visit means a lot to her. Good job planning your exercise and eating options in advance!

Sherry – Nice job on the 4DS legs – I like that workout too. I am sure it feels great to be moving up in weight!

Gayle – Enjoy that quiet day--nothing beats having some quiet time to oneself once in awhile. You have been going gang-busters on your challenge this week, by the way! Now relax and enjoy the DOMS!

Heidi – Your workout today sounds intense! Maple Sugar Tour……what’s that? Have a great weekend!

Today is another weight workout with the trainer. My abs are still sore from last time. Yep – my abs. I mean, whoever has DOMS in their abs?! I guess that’s a good thing…. But before that I have a bunch of meetings, and unless I want to show up in sweats, I guess I had better do some ironing!

Have a good day everyone!

Christina

It's going to be another busy morning for me, but hopefully I'll have time this afternoon to come back and catch up for personals (don't think I did them yesterday). I did the pyramid up premix from PUB this morning and I'll soon be getting the kids off to school. Then in the 2 1/2 hours Ewan's in school I have a dermatologist appointment and hope to also squeeze in a trip to the grocery store.

BBL.

[font face="comic sans ms" font color=purple]***Lainie***
My fitness blog: http://fitnessfig.blogspot.com/ http://bestsmileys.com/exercising/7.gif

If you want to give God a good laugh, tell Her your plans.[/font]

Morning everyone,

I did my BFL lower body today. I went up in weights on the lunges. I probably could have for the squats but did. Next time I will. I don't think I will have DOMS as bad as I did DAustins stretch from her Yoga Burn DVD. I could feel the stretchs and it's nice because she does the pigeon pose (I love it) stretch those hips out.

I don't know what is going on but I got on the scale this morning, usually it is Saturday mornings I do, but we are going to the Red Wing game and out for dinner so not sure what the eating will be like, but I am up 2.5 pounds from last week. Yuck. The eating has been good. I am hoping things will start turning around after weeks 4-5. I know they say it takes sometimes up to 6 weeks for the body to get used to something new. I am coming to a close on my third week. Maybe it is me starting to bloat since next week is TOM but usually I don't feel that til next week. My wedding ring has been hard to get on this week so maybe I am retaining water.

Sorry to go on like that.

We are getting the snow already, anywhere from 2-5" is possible. If we get 2" we break the all time record in Lansing, MI for February. The record has held since 1900. My question though since this is leap day does it really count :)

Belinda - not sure what BBs cost. If you are getting the additional plates with it, I don't think that is a bad price. Sorry I can't help since I won my Olympic BB,plates, squat rack, bench, attachments.

Christina - I actually get DOMS in my obliques/abs if the workout is tough, usually have doing a core workout with all sorts of planks.

Hi to everyone

Rhonda

Hi Christina,

I love it when I get DOMS in my abs! Favorite ab workouts:
B&G,MIC,Ab Hits and LIC. Any workout that ads an 8# medicine ball too. }(

I really like doing a run in between sets on upper body days. Or just a solid state run after. I just feel much stronger somehow.

The Tour is at the Ipswich River Wildlife Sanctuary. There is a woodland walk with a "How to" for learning the process of collecting syrup from the trees and making the final product.
Just something different for the kids. Plus there is a nice meal after by the fire. :)

Enjoy your DOMS! Have a great day.

Waiting on DS to get ready now. Belinda: Did you get in that workout? Mine is about 1/2 done. Going to run the 2nd half of iTread 9 to relax.

Hi Lainie: I hope you have a good day too!:)

Hello Rhonda! Sorry we were posting at the same time. Great job on upping your weights.}( Don't forget to drink your water.
Have a good one!
BBL Heidi

Kathy-I wanted to tell you that last night I added up my mileage so far this year, and I’m at 115.4 miles! LOL I’m going to TRY to keep an on-going count throughout the year! HA! When you add it up, WOW!

Heidi-GREAT workout this morning. Don’t you just LOVE iTread 19??? I’ve got that on tap for speed work for next week! Did I read that right…you get on the TM between upper body parts??? Now THERE’S an idea! HA!

Christina-WOO HOO on the abs DOMS! LOL Rarely does that happen to me!

Lainie-it’s always one thing after the next, isn’t it???

Rhonda-I love the pigeon pose! I always add that in after my runs! As for the scale…ignore it for now. If you’re doing everything ‘right’, you’ll be fine! PROMISE!

What are your weekend plans, everybody?
My weekend plans? Well, tonight with both kids out of the house, I’m not sure! LOL I know that I’m hitting Dick’s and the mall….I’m shopping for wind-breaking clothes for running, and a new pair of walking sneakers/shoes that I can wear to work (I get reimbursed for them). SO has his kids this weekend, so maybe I’ll spend some time with them tonight. Tomorrow, after I get the kids, we’re going to the new local AAA baseball team (Lehigh Valley Iron Pigs) for an Open House. Sunday has nothing on the calendar, so we’re open there….most likely we’ll be with SO and all the kids!

I just got back from the store, where I picked up more red peppers to make more Cajun Shrimp Stir Fry this weekend! This time, I'm going to add in onion and carrots. YUMMO!

Gayle

Good Morning,

Today is cardio, maybe 4DS kickbox. That always gets me motivated for the day. Feeling major DOMS from my UB work yesterday. I did S/H shoulders, triceps, and biceps. What was I thinking!!! Actually I wanted another leg day so I combined.

Belinda - We have an olympic barbell that holds up to 300 lbs. It came with the smith machine thingy that we have in the basement. My DH and DS's keep telling me to use that barbell instead of the whimpy aerobic one that I want (the one like Cathe uses). My problem with it is that the bar alone is 45 lbs and is easliy 6' long. I think I would have a hard time using it by myself and how much weight could I add to the already 45 lbs by myself and then lift it!!

Stephanie - Have fun with your mom this weekend. Use whatever day you go out to eat as your free day!

Sherry - Great job on your leg workout. I despise those pulsing lunges in the 4DS.

Gayle - enjoy your quiet day. I wish I had a quiet day on tap. I have 6 little ones crying and screaming as we speak. NAP TIME!!!

Christina - I am so jealous you have a personal trainer. Hope you get great results.

Heidi - Have fun with S/h chest and back . I love that workout!

Hi to Rhonda and Lainie and everyone else.

BBL,
Carolyn

Hi Gayle:
That shrimp stir fry sounds great right now! :9
I will make this for DH when he arrives back from Cayman on Weds.

He is now in Little Cayman so I won't be hearing from him until Sunday. He will be staying in Little Cayman tonight and then head to Cayman Brac on Sat. afternoon. Then staying in Cayman Brac overnight
and back to Grand Cayman Sunday afternoon. I am going to miss talking to him everynight before I go to bed. :( Oh well it is just a couple nights right?

Good luck in finding something for running in cold weather Gayle. They have changed over to spring and summer clother already in most stores. Although...you might find some great deals on the sale racks. ;-) Have fun!

Oh...I am doing #9 today. But I do love that #19 iTread too!:D

BBL Heidi

Hello Carolyn and Belinda,

Carolyn: The SH series is really a great workout. Enjoy your DOMS.}(
How little are your 6? Wow that is a handfull all at once.

Belinda: YA! You did it! I guess Cathe fooled you on that workout huh!? }(

Have a great day everyone. On to work for me.

BBL Heidi

Morning everyone!
I’m reading all the posts but won’t be able to do personals until later.

I actually pulled out PUB this morning for a change (since I already did a heavy BFL upper body this week). I started out with the abs first and my ball wasn’t quite inflated enough…..you should have seen my pikes…pathetic! LOL! After I did PUB I tried out half of Tracey Staehle’s Walking Strong.

Let me tell you this workout is deceptively TOUGH! I give Tracey a high five for being able to walk at a 15% incline at 4.0 and talk at the same time, lol! I followed her for most of it but had to drop down between her and Bobbi’s settings sometimes. She does these slow lunges and lunge kickbacks that I had a hard time doing on the treadmill. My legs are too long and I felt like I wasn’t getting enough of a stride in there. I’m also worried about messing up my treadmill & treadmill belt by doing these too. My treadmill has a 2.25 hp motor that really isn’t meant for that kind of motion. I’ll probably substitute lunges onto my step in the future or just do a fast 12% incline walk instead.

So all in all, a great very challenging low impact workout. I don’t know how often I’ll be able to do it, but it’s definitely worth hanging on to!

Oh, I’ll take some 9 week pics this weekend. It also looks like I’ll be doing my long run on Sunday (46 degrees with a low of 35) which is better than tomorrow! They’re predicting 56 degrees on Monday but I have to work…darn!

Kathy

Belinda-I was SOOOOOOOOOO close to doing the CTX UB this morning too! How funny! I haven't done that in a long time, and it's a toughie, isn't it?? GREAT JOB!

Kathy-enjoy your run Sunday! I really don't have much choice, because my kids will be at sleepovers tonight so that leaves me with Saturday morning open ALONE! And it's supposed to be cold COLD cold AND we're supposed to get some kind of storm today, so that will be on the ground. But I've got a pretty good route in mind, and it's MOSTLY flat, and I'm HOPEFULLY buying warm clothes tonight! LOL

Gayle

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.