BFL for Fri Feb 08th 2008

:D :D :D TGIF :D :D :D

Good Morning BFLers!

Today is UB and thank goodness because between Wednesdays LB workout and last night's spinning class my legs are FRIED:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Gayle ~ Happy Birthday!!!!

Morning everyone!
I'm heading down to the basement to do a BFL Lower Body workout and some abs.

Happy Birthday Gayle!

Kathy

Happy Friday!

First off, HAPPY BIRTHDAY GAYLE!

(How do I get that in big flashing letters?)

Cardio didn’t happen last night. I just struggle to get it in when the kids are in school – too much to do between activities and homework. It did happen today – LIS – and I did as much high intensity as I could even though it’s Low Intensity, and the sweat felt good! However, I’m way off schedule, and I’ll need to double up this weekend to get back on track.

Clean eating for 6 meals 2 days in a row. 45 more to go!

Wow, some really deep thoughts yesterday, so as usual I’m chiming in later. Here goes. I’m a perfectionist, meaning that when I go to do something, I intend and expect to do it well. I need to have a plan, a goal to achieve, etc. to really be motivated. So a bit back, before I knew it, 40 was approaching and I realized that I wanted to achieve something physical by that milestone. I choose running a 5K, and I did do it, several in fact, before I turned 40. So my next goal became beating 30 minutes, which would require losing some of the weight. Excuse, excuse, excuse, but I just wasn’t consistent. Then I finally figured out how to prioritize me – meaning go to bed early enough to wake up before the sun. With my time constraint of 30-40 minutes per day, BFL is a perfect fit. If I can get my body fat down to the 20-25% range, probably meaning another challenge), I expect to be able to run a 5K in under 30 minutes, then a 10K in under an hour, On to just doing a half marathon, and even a marathon . Maybe I’ll squeeze in a sprint triathlon. There’s always a half marathon in half or all 50 states, or a marathon on each continent. And that’s just some cardio goals. There are potential strength goals, too, like finally being able to do a pull-up or seeing how I can max out on straight leg push-ups (which isn’t very many right now). By completing this challenge, and maybe another, it's just one of the many goals I can have to celebrate this healthy, fully functioning body that I’ve been blessed with and finally got around to appreciating. It’s not just about how it looks, but also how it performs. Life is a journey and these are several of the “sites” I think I’ll “see” while I’m on it. That’s my take on the motivation.

Now on to lighter moments:

Belinda – Isn’t it fun when you start a new workout? I just need to be up to the mental challenge of learning the new choreography. Which is why in really dragging days, the tried and true, can do it half asleep workouts get pulled out.

Tammy – Yes, this is quite the chatty bunch. Don’t think at all that you have to give up something that you enjoy like spinning. There’s always a way to incorporate it in.

Amelia – I agree that the decrease in the cardio is very different from what I thought was needed, but the body is responding, so something must be working. I, too, am trying to stay focused on the body fat and not just the pure weight.

Gayle – Did I say Happy Birthday yet? Enjoy the day! Enjoy the weekend! Special occasions are meant to be celebrated, and that includes good food. And I’m an emotional eater, too, as I think you’ve said. Sometimes I need visuals like charts. Because I don’t want to get hung up on weight, etc for my daughter’s sake, I put up charts on the good stuff, the exercise and eating.

Michelle – I probably haven’t told you that I love your upbeat spirit, but I do! Your posts often have me laughing. And I didn’t even notice the one about the cheating. :) I tend to eat cleaner when I am exercising because I don’t want to waste all of the effort. And a few people have said something lately, so I know it’s working!

Christina – Did you ever make it to Boston? And yes, I’ve have fallen into the not eating enough trap before. That’s in part why the 6 meals a day was difficult at first.

Stephanie – How are the legs today? Still feeling it?

Melissa – The before bikini picture IS motivation – the picture that I don’t want to take again. But I try to focus on the accomplishment rather than the dread – glass is half full. I’m also doing it because I haven’t achieved the spectacular results that some of the folks get in 12 weeks, and explaining to myself that it didn’t get there in 12 weeks, so it’s ok if it takes a little longer to come off, just little though.

Kathy – 75-90 minutes – wow! I don’t have nearly that much time. I’m in part jealous, but I’m also with it. I enjoy all of the other stuff, too. That failure thing fits in perfectly with the perfectionist in me – I need to plan in order to achieve.

Heidi – I don’t want to talk about cars! We’re trying to wait until summer when the credit card should be paid off before DH gets a new vehicle. That’s an awful long time to be without. As for the headaches and the eyes, are you squinting at all? That’s usually my first sign to get the eye Rx changed.

Hello to anyone I missed. Rather lengthy today. Kids are psyched ‘cause they’re off next week for mid-winter break, and I’m spazzing because I’ve got one heck of a day ahead at work. Hope it doesn’t come across like a rant that I took it out on all of you.

Hey, it’s Friday! Life is good!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY GAYLE!! Enjoy every moment!!

In and out real quick ladies -- just like to post a quickie after my workout. Finished PUB -- went up in weights for both chest/back/ AND the killer biceps!! yahoo!!!

I'll be back when I get to work -- hey it's Friday, so I can play!! :)

Michelle
P.S. Sherry - I love all of your "sites" -- I'm sure you'll get to the see them all. Hmmm, maybe I'll even see a few of those!! Or, maybe you can just take pictures and show me !! har har!

Good Friday Morning Ladies!

Off to do PUB...

Sherry, thanks for asking about my legs. Yes, I'm still feeling it, in my bum too! I should have picked another w/o to go up in weights! Does anyone know where I can get a blow-up cushion for the toilet seat?:eek:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY GAYLE!!! I hope it's the best ever! Enjoy your dinner out with the kids and have a super adult night out!

bbl!

Morning everyone – and especially to the Birthday Girl! Have a wonderful day Gayle!!!

Kathy – How are those legs doing after your workout?

Sherry – Awesome job on your clean eating! That’s great that you ran a 5K before you turned 40! Can I steal your goal?? I never believed I could be a runner – but after listening to some of you gals talk, I am starting to think maybe I’m not too old to try!

Tammy and Amelia – I don’t think I’ve properly welcomed you yet -- It is great to meet you!

Michelle – Way to rock that upper body workout ! Isn’t it cool to be able to go up in weight!

Belinda – Great job on the upper body this AM. You are so consistent! I am sure you must be seeing great results!

Stephanie – Hope you enjoy PUB!

I’m doing upper body today too, although I have to improvise cause it’s a hotel gym. ..hopefully not too many grunting businessmen types :) ! Finally got to Bean Town at midnight and of course managed to stay up an extra hour ....darn those Law and Order re-runs!

Have a great day –
Christina

Good morning ladies, and thank you for all the BDay wishes. And for all the input, comments and support yesterday. I woke up this morning and asked myself who that girl WAS yesterday, doing all that whining, crying and carrying-on! LOL I feel like a completely new person today. I finished out yesterday 100% BFL and am feeling a HUGE difference today, both physically and mentally.

I started my morning with a Celebration For One with a HEAVY upper body workout, and followed that with a chocolate (thick, rich chocolatey) protien drink to toast my 36th BDay! I used a BFL Audio Timekeeper CD this morning for the first time, and LOVED it! I think that little change may help for a few weeks now. It's a CD that was made by a few past BFL champions. It keeps your count on your reps, times the rest in between, and adds some music and motivational words in between. It was perfect!

The kids want to go out to eat somewhere and take a cake with us, so we'll either do that tonight or tomorrow. We've got all weekend to celebrate! LOL. We've got basketball practice tonight, then older DS is going to a sleepover. So the family celebration may happen tomorrow. Then tomorrow night, DBF and I are going to dinner and a movie. ANYWAY...........

Meals planned today:
M1: Myoplex Lite shake (done)
M2: protein pancakes
M3: protein pancakes (I'm going to younger DS' class at 9 this morning to help with some PC work, so I won't be at home for meal 2 like usual, so I'll be doing the pancake thing twice today)
M4: Italian Dinner soup (this is so yummy and filling on such a small portion)
M5: depends on kids, schedules, etc.
M6: same thing

BBL after school!

Gayle

p.s. Sherry, I also LOVE your sites for your tour!

Hi ladies -- I'm back!

Glad to see you woke up with your head screwed back on Gayle! Now, go eat some cake! Protein pancakes twice today -- uck!! :)

Next I need to say something to Kathy. Wow! Thanks for sharing your photos with us. What a beautiful family you have! Now, you don't want to be bragging? Well, you should be!! When I'm lifting the kind of weights you are -- I'll be bragging!! :)

Lastly -- for all the newbies. Welcome! Sorry, I don't post "personals" every day. I'm at work, and it is kind of difficult - also, I'm still trying to get up to speed with you all!!
As Gayle says -- this is "Motivation Station" here -- and that's what we do. We also catch each other when we slip up. And the key is to feel free to admit the low days and let us help get you out of it.

I have posted to many other forums before (I probably shouldn't be posting this) -- and they have never motivated me like this one. Posting every day that you slept in, missed your workout, pigged out at Wendys... blah blah blah. Yes, once, but every day? Geez. Here we really try to analyze -- why did I pig out today, so I don't do it tomorrow. Also, I've been "lost" on numerous threads - I've posted for months, then left, and no one notices. I don't want that to happen here -- to ANYONE. We are in this together, so let's not let anyone fall through the cracks.

Oh my goodness - for tomorrow a 20 minute cardio session (yes, with abs) and we are 1/2 way there!!! 6 weeks down!! Yahoooo!!

Michelle

Hi everyone! HAPPY BIRTHDAY GAYLE! Glad to hear that you are in a better frame of mind today. Enjoy your day!

Okay, I need that BFL CD, too. Where can I get it?

UB is still very sore from Wednesday nights workout, which I LOVE! I have DOMS in my lats and that NEVER happens! I have a really hard time isolating those muscles for some reason. Last night was supposed to be HIIT but my knee was a little tender so I didn't want any high impact. I ended up doing Low Max, step segments only, on an 8" step. My heartrate got up there a few times and I worked up quite a sweat so it's all good. After that I helped DH put my new toy together. I'm hoping that he gets home a little early and can put the rest together so I can use it with LB tonight!

Week 6 is almost over ladies. As I was writing todays meals in my book last night, I decided that I need to re-focus. I'm going to go back to those first few weeks and take a look at my menus and really try to tighten it up for the next 6 weeks. I think part of my issue right now is that this has become such a lifestyle for me that there is very little thought process. I feel like I'm slipping up even though I'm really not. Does that make sense?! I feel like I need to shock my body somehow. I know that the best way would be for me to start doing HIIT in the morning. Whether or not I can make that happen...not sure. But then again, [font color=magenta]"NOTHING HAPPENS UNTIL I MAKE IT HAPPEN!"[/font], right!?!?!

Okay, I'll BBL for personals and such. Have to get some work done today! ;-)

Melissa -

I'm right there with you. I have the workouts under control - 6 days a weeks, for 6 weeks -- this is a new record for me!

The eating - lately it has been better than 80/20 -- but not 100% (or for me 100% would be 90% on the eating). I'm going to tighten up my belt these last 6 weeks too. Our magical weeks are just around the corner!! :) (of course this will start after I eat b-day cake in honor of Gayle today!) (see Gayle, if we ALL do it with you, you won't feel guilty!) he he!

Ooohh, you have to work today, Melissa?? :(

Michelle
P.S. I do have to say -- abs truly are made in the kitchen. (Not that this is an excuse for me to skip my ab workouts) but my abs are looking much flatter since 6 weeks ago!! :) yah!!

Hi Michelle! Yes, I do have to work today, but only because I slacked pretty much all this week, so I have alot to catch up on!!! And "YAY" on your flatter abs!!!

We get to eat cake today in honor of Gayle's b-day!?!?...WOOHOO!!:+

Morning Belinda! Ugh, I hate housework but really need to do some deep cleaning this weekend.

Tammy – Fried legs are good, lol!

Sherry – Let me just say you are a kindred spirit for me. I was nodding my head through your take on motivation. OMG, that is so me….I’ve done marathons & half marathons so this year it’s a duathlon in April, a sprint triathlon in July, and a 50k in August (those are my 45 yr old goals). I’m doing them just because I’m healthy enough, my knee is functioning…and well, just because I can! To heck with goal times this time around, lol….I just want to cross the finish line. I’ll worry about that later!

Michelle – Woohoo on upping the weights in PUB! Go Michelle! Awwww, thank you so much for your kind words, they mean so much. My family is the light of my life! Thank you, thank you for your words on this check in, I couldn’t have said it better. I’ve joined other groups but have really become attached to you all. Group hug!

Stephanie – LOL on the seat! Ouch, I hope the DOMS goes down today. Enjoy PUB.

Gayle – Hey, we totally understand. This fitness journey is a long haul and sometimes the road gets a little rough (can you tell I’ve been watching the History Channel’s Ice Road Truckers show, lol). All kidding aside, enjoy your day and we’re here for you. Big hug. Oh, and I’d love to know where you got the CD from, too!

Christina – My legs were TIRED coming up the basement stairs, lol. I was able to up the weights in squats, extensions, and calves today. Yay! Hotel gyms have gotten so much better, haven’t they? The last time we traveled I was surprised! Enjoy your trip. Oh, and yay….another Law and Order fan!

Melissa – Wow, I can’t believe it’s almost 6 weeks already! I can totally relate to your reassessment, I’m doing the same. I think change is good!

Cake….did someone say cake??? I’ll have a piece of coconut frosted white cake in you honor (tomorrow or Sunday) Gayle. :)

Kathy

HAPPY BIRTHDAY GAYLE!!!

I hope you have a great day. I can't seem to remember my 36th, it was such a long time ago:p

My computer was crashed yesterday so I couldn't post. Did anyone miss me??? I did Kick Max yesterday and boy, those leg drills really get me in my outer hip. Very sore today.

I woke up today feeling not so great and before I knew it I was hugging the toilet. Don't know where that came from but I'm laying low on the workout for today. I'm irritated because I should have had 3 meals by now and I can't even keep one down! I'm afraid
I am screwing up my metabolism today. How in the world anyone throws up on purpose is beyond my comprenshion.

Melissa - I feel the same way you do about tightening up on the eating., I have been BFL 100% for 6 weeks and I really haven't lost any inches. They weight loss has stalled also. I need to find something to SHOCK the system. Let us know what you come up with.

Belinda - Chest & Triceps was supposed to be my w/o today. Hopefully tomorrow. I was looking forward to all those puch-ups!

I'll do more personals later when I feel better.

Hello to everyone!!

Carolyn

Hi Carolyn! Of course we missed you yesterday!! I hope you feel better soon, how awful.

My weight loss has kind of stalled too. Not sure what I'm going to do, but I have to do something. I'll let you know if I come up with anything ingenious!!

Hi girls,

Tammy** have fun with your UB workout today!

Kathy** great job on your BFL Lower Body workout! Thanks for sharing your pic. with us! You look awesome! My house is clean! Now I can enjoy the weekend!

Sherry** I hope you get your workout in today!

Michelle** great job on your UB workout and going up in weight!

Stephanie** good job on PUB workout this morning! My legs felt a little tired atfte 60 min.of the Terminator workout! LOL!

Gayle** nice workout this morning! Have a wonderful birthday weekend!

Christina** I am very happy with my results so far! My DH said yesterday, I hope you don’t get to skinny! Isn’t that funny! Have fun with your UB workout later!

Melissa** I am right there with you and Michelle! I am starting week 6 next week! I put some chips in my mouth today and spit it out! I reminded myself that I still haven’t reached my goal! The eating is becoming a lifestyle for me!

Have a great day!
Belinda
http://www.PictureTrail.com/gid16930497

Hello...finally sneaking a peek...

I didn't get in that run yesterday afterall.

DH and I worked until around 11pm on the 3rd floor. We had to remove all his tools and wood scaps for prep for the sheetrock to be delivered this morn.

I have been tied up with that all morning. There was a big crane outside my house to deliver this stuff. So now that that is done...I have to go to work.

Good job everyone in getting in their workouts!

Happy Birthday Gayle! Enjoy your evening. :)

BBL Heidi:7

Carolyn - I'm so sorry you are sick!! I feel the same way about throwing up -- even when I was pregnant with morning sickness I did everything I could to NOT throw up -- how people do it on purpose is beyond me.

I hope you are feeling better soon!

Hey Heidi - glad to see no headache today!! I wish I had you and your husband to help me with my house! We are always attempting big project and they just never turn out that good!! :)

Michelle

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.