BFL for Fri Feb 01st 2008,

bayerngirl

Cathlete
Good morning girls,

I had a really rough day yesterday! I had a big problem with my neighbor over closing the fence yesterday! She doesn't like to close it! She sad it was to much work to close the fence everytime she (drives out the yard)leaves the yard!! Well I like it closed! I close the fence ,she open it!It was awful! She was used to keep the fence open for the last 3 years.I can't believe how people act! I hope it's over! She told me I should close it for her! WTH! It will not killer her to get out of the car and close the fence! Does it? She also wants me to walk my dogs on a leach in our yard! Isn't that grazy? Sorry for venting!

Sherry** great job on your Kickbox workout yesterday! What is LBWO? I agree with you and Gayle on the floor work! I am exhausted from the first part of the workout!

Gayle** thank you for the cabbage Tuna Macaroni Salad and recipe! I love cabbage! I think iTrain will work better for me too! I need someone to tell me what speed/incline I should do! How exciting you sis is here! Have fun! Holy cow on bomb threat!

Carolyn**good job on your UB workout yesterday! I will start the GS series next week too! Sorry, about you son’s teeth! WOW! Isn’t that something? Sorry, I didn’t do IMAX 2 with you yesterday! I wished I would have read your post earlier!

Michelle** that is scary! I also hate been alone at nigh in the house! I am glad I have dogs!
Susan** I hope you had fun with your cardio yesterday! I hope you got that nap in yesterday?
Heidi** I have iTrain 13 and 19! Great job on your workout yesterday! HCE was tough! It was really a nice mix of intervals! I should have skipped the challenge! Great workout yesterday!
Kathy**great job on your 6 mil. Run!
Mellissa** great job on your heavy squats yesterday! I use the frozen edamame too! I eat more than just a cup! LOL!

Hope you have a fabulous day!
Belinda

http://www.PictureTrail.com/gid16930497

It's February! And winter is making sure we still know it's here!

School is closed. 2" on the ground now, and expecting at least 6 more throughout the day. Now I'm deciding whether i want to take a day off or go in. I think I'll start off working from home and go from there.

I still need to get in the upper body workout, so I should be doing that shortly - PUB on tap.

Belinda - Neighbors can be difficult sometimes. You would think she would help out and accommodate because of the dogs. We aren't allowed fences in our neighborhood, so we do walk the dog every time she needs to go out. LBWO - lower body work out

Gayle - Looks like you are sorted out the pancake batter in the waffle maker issue - just don't do it. Sorry to create such confusion. Yeah, some of my family don't have the best eating habits either. And since I seem to have the genes that hold onto the fat, I'm trying to change that . Bro and sis did get the thinner genes. Go figure. We do the same thing - try to eat better when we have them over. But every time I go home, I have to had the toasted ravioli at least once, and it's fried. I prefer to bake rather than cook,but I'm changing as I get more BFL meal focused. Scary about the bomb threat. Schools have to take those so seriously these days.

Michelle - How scary! That's also why we have a dog.

Carolyn - Glad the cleaning helped and the antibiotics are only staining. Our dentist prefers that we all use motorized toothbrushes to improve the cleaning. don't know if you already are or if that would help.

Melissa - I love steamed endame! Can easily have it with just about every meal, or just much on it for a snack. I buy the frozen, too. Now if I could only get someone to help spot me all of the time . . .

Susan - How was DD's birthday?

Heidi - You are definitely back on track. I know how hard it is to keep working out when a family member is ill/injured. you bounced back quickly. Way to go, girl!

Kathy - I take it you think that the itreads and CC's really make a difference in your training. How well do they work out outside? I don't have a treadmill and prefer to run outside anyway. But then I feel my speeds/intervals, etc. are more dictated by the terrain than a program.

Christina - You are doing great. Remember to listen to your body. you might must need to slow down rather than stop at all. Cardio is a great way to work out some of the DOMS. And I'm still learning that there are so many great foods and dishes that are clean, too. Keep up the good work and I'm sure you will get the results that you are looking for.

Off to prance with the pup in the snow. BBL after my workout.

Melissa-Yes…Bulgarian Squats really get you, hugh? I usually use my high step topper plus 5 risers, same height as my Leg Presses. I really REALLY concentrate on keeping my torso over my hips and back knee, and putting the pressure into the heal on the floor….gets me every SINGLE time!

Christina-not only is clean eating good for you, it DOES taste so good. Amazing what spices and the NATURAL tastes of food can do for you! I just LOVE to cook, so mixing and blending all kinds of things (like these soups, salads, stews, etc) is simply FUN for me to toss around!

Sherry- Thanks for clarifying the waffle/pancake recipe. I got it now…I just read it wrong. I’m going to try to make the waffles for my meal #2 today to try them!

Belinda-is this lady lazy or what? LOL Grin and bear it and in the meantime, kill her with kindness (works everytime).

I snagged a new recipe for Protein Pudding off the BFL boards last night and LOVE it! It’s simple, and uses no milk, which is a great way to save on calories. Here it is:
Protein Pudding
1 ¾ C – 2C water
small package of f/f s/f instant pudding (chocolate)
2 scoops chocolate protein powder.
Whisk together until well combined and thick. It makes 2 servings.
It’s a little runny with 1 ¾ C of water, but yummy. Almost drinkable, so I would think 2 cups would be a shake in itself! LOL However, the person that posted it suggested using 1 ¾ C water and putting the 2 servings in the freezer and eat it as a frozen treat.

We’re in the midst of an ice storm, so schools are closed for the day. We’re ALL excited about that! I was able to sleep in just a tad this AM and relax during my workout (yeah….how do you relax while squatting over 100#???? LOL) The ice is supposed to turn to rain later this morning, so I think we’ll spend the day with my sisters and my nieces. Most likely, they’ll want to do lunch out at our fave pizza joint, so I’ll get my usual turkey and cheese tossed salad with no dressing. I’m having everybody here for dinner tonight, and the menu includes Pot Roast, steamed carrots and onions, baked potatoes. Sound YUMMO? LOL

OK….this morning’s workout was AWESOME! I did my planned lower body weight BFL work. Then tacked on the firewalkers and all the floor and ball work from B&G! I feel GREAT!

What are your plans for this weekend, ladies?
My weekend looks like this:
Saturday: first, workout of Cardio Kicks or LIC cardio.
Sunday: my annual Super Bowl Sunday 10K race. My goal time is 52:00, which is about 2:30 off last year’s time. This is a really REALLY hilly course, so I’m going to have to work for that time, but we LOVE challenges, right? Then later that day the boys and I are spending the rest of the day at BF’s house for his Bday party and Super Bowl Party.

OK…time to make the kids breakfast. BBL

Gayle

p.s Can you BELIEVE it's February already? My BDay (36th) is one week from today!

Good Morning!
Belinda-sorry about your neighbor problems.Some people can be so difficult!!
Sherry-if you take the day off, have fun!! DD's birthday was fun. Her buddy came home with her. I had balloons everywhere and they had a blast. Her real party is on Saturday in Mississippi.
Gayle-your dinner sounds great!!
Our plans this weekend are to travel to Mississippi, then watch football on Sunday! I will most likely not have time to workout Sat before we leave, but will try to get a workout in when we get home on Sunday, before the game.
Today is PUB/LB combo.
Hi to everyone!!!

I'm back. PUB complete. Felt stronger when I did it this time. Maybe I will be keeping up with all of you soon. Though I find I'm concentrating so hard to lift that I loose track of the reps. That's why I need Cathe and Cedie.

OK, so about 2 more inches of snow since my last post. Supposed to get an inch/hour until noon, then lighter the rest of the day. Really thinking about staying home because the news shows the streets to be such a mess. Kids think I should take a "hooky" day anyway.

I was considering about the Super Bowl Sunday 5K, but then ready the forecast and is dissuaded me, so I haven't signed up yet. Plus, the list of other things to do on Sunday includes DD's ice skating, a birthday party and dog training. Saturday is GS's work outside on the Frosty Fun badge - how appropriate. We'll have to see if gets canceled because the back roads are impassable.

How much longer do you think the STS presale will last at this price? I want to order but need to hold out just a bit longer.

Susan,

Good morning! We posted at almost the same time. Glad DD had a good b-day. How's the weather down your way this fine February day?

Morning!
It’s pouring rain here in NJ. I’m hoping I don’t have to do some off-site work again today, I dread parking in this huge parking lot (way in the back) and getting soaked trying to make it to the door.

This morning I did a BFL Upper Body Workout (increasing weights in back/triceps/biceps) and the P90X+ Abs & Core workout. I really, really enjoyed this ab workout. The 20 minutes just flew and the variety is very good. Now that I’ve done it and not just previewed it, I have to say it’s easier than it looks. I think P90X Ab Ripper X is much tougher.

I’m seeing some great changes body wise. Today I noticed I have the outside striations of abs again (the start of maybe a two pack, lol). I can’t believe how fast this program works, I’m only in the 5th week and can’t wait to see what week 12 looks like! I’ll take more progress pics next week (at week 6)….you all will probably not notice a difference, lol. Oh, and the scale is down again, woohoo!

I’ll start with yesterday’s responses first:

Heidi – I’ve changed up my marathon training plan to be a little more BFL friendly. I used to do 3 runs during the week (2) three mile runs and a 6-7 mile run, then my long run on the weekends. I’ve kind of combined the two short runs to keep it down to 3 runs a week. I’m going to start adding a 4th day of cardio in the form of biking at the end of the month (I start training for a duathlon in conjunction with my marathon training). The races are a week apart.

Melissa – What a nice human squat rack you have, lol! Thanks for the tip on the edamame.

Christina – Listening to your body yesterday was smart! Great job on the clean eating, it gets easier!

Belinda – ARGH on your neighbor! I can’t believe she’s putting up such a stink about the gate!

Sherry – Wow, lots of snow today! I say play hookey, Mom….lol. I used to dread treadmill running before I found CC and iTreads. I can’t believe what a difference in my training they have made! My personal opinion is that CC’s are much easier to adapt to outside running because they use perceived exertion. Grace has made three outside iTreads that follow the 6 minute run/1 minute walk or jog rule. I’m pretty sure they’re in sets 6, 10, and 17. I’m not sure how much longer the STS series will be at this pre-sale price but I’d think it would be at this price until filming?

Gayle – Wow, you guys got ice storms? We only get torrential rain, lol (being so close to the shore). I hope you enjoy your day with family and your lunch and dinner sound VERY tasty! My plans for this weekend are to run 10 miles on Saturday (it’s looking very promising for it to be warm outside tomorrow!), and then a rest day on Sunday. I have to make a confession….I only watch the Super Bowl for the commercials, lol. Good luck on your 10k, I hope you KICK BUTT!

Susan – Awww, I’m glad your daughter had a nice pre-b’day with her friend! Have a safe trip home!

Big hello to everyone else that follows!

Kathy G

Okay, ladies. I did something bad last night and I know I need to get over it and move on, but I'm really disappointed in myself. Today at work we are having a Superbowl Pot Luck kind of thing. I'm from MA, so the Patriot's are a HUGE deal here in the office. So last night I made Magic Bars, some people call them Congo Bars. I was not tempted at all when I was making them, didn't even eat a chocolate chip, until I had to cut them up. I ATE ONE..x( ! The one that fell apart. I have to say, it was DELISH. Then I started thinking about the stick of melted butter and the sweetened condensed milk and I started feeling really horrible about it.

Then to make things worse, I weighed myself this morning. WHY DO I WEIGH MYSELF WHEN I'M NOT SUPPOSED TO?!?!?!

Okay, I'm done and I'm moving on...

Belinda - how frustrating about your neighbor! Sorry to hear you're having so much trouble.

Sherry - you should definetly play hookie today. A snow day is the PERFECT day for hookie!!

Gayle - I had 5 risers for the Bulgarian Squats but it was really bothering my back toe. Once I dropped it down, I could really focus more on the exercise. Same with Leg Presses. I don't feel anything with 5 risers, but once I drop down to 4 or even 3, then I really feel it working. Maybe I'm just short!!! Enjoy your day with your sister and neices. And enjoy your Pot Roast tonight. I made it on Sunday and it turned out great.

Susan - I've never tried the PUB/PLB combo. Is is all of the exercises combined or does it leave some out?

Kathy - nice to hear that you are seeing some ab definition. Unfortunately, I've never seen my abs, but I'm looking forward to it...someday soon I hope!!

Hello to everyone else!

Okay, so my goal for today is to stick with the meals that I brought in and stay away from the evil goodies that are around the office. And lots of water.

M#1: protein shake
M#2: egg white quiche & sweet potato
M#3: beef & barley soup
M#4: apple & string cheese
M#5: w/w tortilla, taco meat, salsa, 1T cheese, veggies
M#6: protein pancake & small banana

BFL UB workout tonight. Looking forward to it!!

BBL

Hey guys.

Kathy-so....you run 2x during the week thenyour long run on the weekend? Just wondering. Great workout, and EXCELLENT RESULTS, girl!

Melissa-fuggetaboutit......can you read that? LOL It says FORGET ABOUT IT! :) Onward and upward. At least you stopped AT ONE!!!!

Here's my menu for today:
M1: Chocolate Protein Pudding
M2: Salmon Macaroni Salad
M3: Tossed salad with turkey and cheese, SMALL roll for the carbs
M4: 3 egg whites, 1 slice w/w toast
M5: Pot Roast, carrots, SMALL baked potato
M6: ???maybe vanilla protein pudding???

Gayle

I read that LOUD and CLEAR Gayle!

What's funny is that I have the plate of them sitting right here in my office and it's not bothering me at all. When I was hungry, I actually craved my egg white quiche and sweet potato! That's progress right!?!?

Melissa – DO NOT worry about it!!! We all slip, it’s part of life’s ups and downs. If it it’ll make you feel better, I’ll post my food from yesterday (note my snack, lol). I’d rather give in to a little craving than put it off and end up eating a bunch of something else…trying to satisfy that craving. I bought a big Hershey Special Dark bar that I’ve been rationing to myself during *free* day.
Note: I only had time for 4 meals yesterday, I worked off-site where food isn’t allowed in the lab. I was starving by the time I got to my car and had my protein bar!

Food for yesterday:
Meal 1: Eggwhite/eggbeaters w/spinach, peppers, mushrooms, onions & 1/8 cup low fat shredded cheese/mango salsa + Simple Harvest oatmeal w/ff h&h
Meal 2: Steamed Shrimp + baked yam + peas
Meal 3: Cliff MOJO bar (yummy organic trailmix/protein bar)
Meal 4: Grilled Tilapia & steak + big tossed salad (w/avocado & tbsp lite Caesar)
Snack: 2 small squares dark chocolate (yikes, I was craving this!)

Gayle – Yep, that’s my plan until after this 12 weeks….(2) six mile runs and my long run on the weekend. Thanks!

Kathy

Good Day!

Today was S/H Tri's& Bi's. I finally finished with the SH series and will move onto GS for the nex few weeks. I am seeing some nice definition in my arms and shoulders. Still need to work on the lunch lady arms though (triceps):p

On Sunday afternoon I am meeting up with several gals that went on the last Road Trip (Atlanta Cathe Fans)for our bi-monthly or so get together.There are about 8-9 of us that w/o with Cathe but only 4 went on the RT. Most of us live within 30-40 miles of each other. We have gone hiking, met for lunch etc. This time we are meeting at jodijodi's house for Wii and some other fun stuff.

I plan to stay in control on my free day. I ususally do great all day then blow it in the evenings, telling myself "I can eat whatever I want", then regretting it the next day. We are going to be low key for the Super Bowl this year. My DH is making chili and I plan on seeing all the commercials this year w/o interruptions!

Belinda - Sounds like you have a wacky neighbor. Could you lock the gate behind her}(

Gayle - Enjoy spending time with your sister. My sis moved to Arkansas in June and I miss her a lot.

Melissa - The Bulgarian Squats, are they like the ones in Butts ande Guts? I always dread those! 5 risers seems high, Does is bother your back leg, the one on the riser?

Kathy - Great job on your weight loss. It may be only my imagination, but I think I am seeing more ab definition also .

Sherry - Enjoy your snow day! we just have a yucky cold rain!

Susan - Be careful driving this weekend, there will probably bee some crazies out there driving with you!

Hi to everyone else.

Carolyn

Hi Carolyn. Yes, Bulgarian Squats are like the ones in B&G. It did bother my back toe when I had the 5 risers. I just had to make some adjustments.

Have fun at jodijodi's house. That's great that you guys get together!!!

Carolyn,
If you meet up with Kim Ann, give her a great big ol' hug for me, okay? ;-)

Kathy G

See ya all tomorrow, I have to go off site for the rest of the day, ugh. ;(

Hi Gals –

After yesterday’s rest and stretch day, I got back on track this morning with Power Hour. Unfortunately it’s the FitTV version which edits out the triceps and lunges – so I think I’ll work tris separately after work today. According to FitDay software, lifting only burns 2 calories a minute --that seems little low to me. What do ya’ll think?

Food:
1- Balance bar
2- Strawberry protein smoothie
3- Light tuna casserole
4- hummus and pita wedges (OK – and if truth be told, I’m also planning to have a beer :<))
5- Apple and string cheese
6 – ½ protein bar

Belinda – Wow – sorry to hear about your neighbor – she sounds like a real pain! BTW – My husband and I visited Bayern in 1999 and loved it – the scenery was breathtaking and the air was so fresh and clean. How lucky you are to live there!

Sherry – Glad you enjoyed PUB! – and your snow day! I used to live up North, and it was fun to get those little unexpected weather-related breaks once in awhile :>

Gayle – Awesome leg work! I can only dream about squatting 100#! The protein pudding sounds really good – we’ll have to try it this weekend. Have a great time with your family!

Susan – Hope you had a great workout today– safe travels this weekend!

Kathy G – Sounds like you are making amazing progress – isn’t it fun to see muscle definition returning! You should definitely be proud of your two-pack!

Melissa – Hey, everyone needs to enjoy a sweet every once in awhile! You’ll get back on track today! I can only imagine the temptations floating around in Patriots-land right now….but you have all that good food already prepared, so you’ll be fine :>

Carolyn – “Lunch lady arms!” – That’s funny! Although I very much doubt you have them :> Your Sunday get-together sounds fun!

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Christina

Hi girls,

Thanks girls for letting me vent this morning! We did talk to our neighbors again and came to an agreement to keep the gate closed! We never had a problem with her before or anybody before! I guess she realized that she was a little stubborn! What bordered me so much, I do care about her a lot! She is really a great person, if you need help or need something she will give it to you! I know she loves my dogs and they love her! I am so happy we all talked it out! We all sometimes have a bad day, maybe it was hers yesterday? I am so happy we resolved it!

I ended up doing Butts and Guts! I totally forgot how hard that core workout was!

Gayle ** sounds like you have a really busy weekend planed! When is you b-day? My son is Monday and my mom is on the 10! My sister called me today (she calls every day) that we will have a little memorial for my mom! My son will be 19 years old! To bad I can’t be with him! Awesome job on your LB workout today!

Susan** great job on your double workout today! Enjoy your weekend!

Sherry** I am glad you had fun with PUB today! Sounds like you are having a very busy weekend too! I think SNM will announce when they raise the price!

Kathy** WOW! On your workout! Congrats on your weight and abs!

Melissa ** I made my hungry yesterday for sweet potatoes fries, I had to make some today! I had a huge salad with edamame today! Yummy! Nice to have someone to spot you! Don’t be so hard on yourself! I have those slip ups here and there! We move one, right! I had a glass of wine last night! I weight myself this morning and was down .5!

Carolyn** that is so cool, that you guys get together! Sounds like a fun day! I am sure you will be fine with your free day! Nice workout! I will be doing the Gym styles with you next week!

Christina** PH is a good one! Great job! Your eating looks great!

Have a great day and weekend!
Belinda

http://www.PictureTrail.com/gid16930497

Good afternoon ladies!

Wow, I'm in Cathe withdrawal!! This is the first chance I've had to log in! Work is CRAZY!! Okay, just a quick post:

I was a little sluggish this morning - so thought I'd take out one of my old time favorite videos -- before I found Cathe. So, I pulled out The Firm's Body Sculpt with Jennifer Carmen. I did the lower body workout. Wow, I remember when I first got this and they recommended 3, 5, & 8 pound weights. I remember the first time that I was finally able did it with 8 pounds and thought I was something -- gasping all the way. Today I didn't even think - just picked up the 10 pound weights and did the entire lower body workout -- no big deal. Wow, I can't believe how much better shape I am in after finding Cathe! :)

Missed you all today!! Sounds like you all are doing GREAT!!

Michelle

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.