BFL for Feb-22-08

Good morning Belinda and all who follow!

Did cardio again today - this time 4DS LIS. Belinda, just how do you do both in one day? I'll do legs tomorrow.

Belinda - The dog park is a park which is fenced in so that you can let the dogs run loose off leash. Since our puppy doesn't always want to come when called and our yard isn't fenced, it's a great solution to let her run ragged. Also helps with socialization skills since she keep trying to be the alpha.

Ok, now to shower and get ready for work, so we can clean! Figure I'll be getting dirty but at least I won't stink as much.

Have a great day!

Hi girls,

Good morning Sherry** I did the premix from the 4DS! Time flow by! Before you know it, you are done! I just love the 4DS!

I am done with my UB workout! I did BM2 UB weights(BFL style)! I had a lot of fun!

I will be back to post my wokout after I my shower! BBL!
Have a awesome day!
Belinda

Hi Sherry & Belinda -

I'm boring -- just did PUB. I'm going to pull out my 4DS soon so I can join you gals in the fun!!

I'll be back later too! :)

Michelle

Good morning ladies!

Belinda, good job on your workout! BFL workouts can be fun! I seem to have more concentration when I do it that way. What about you? Are you working those abs today?

Sherry, I love LIS! The music is so up-beat. I wish our town had a dog park but our town is too small/rural. (population +/- 2000 people) Enjoy cleaning day!

Michelle, way to go on PUB! I'm still trying to decide which UB workout I will do today, decisions, decisions! Have a great day!

Hey to all that follow!

Morning Ladies,

Today will be BootCamp 4DS. Yesterday I ended up doing S/H shoulders and 4DS shoulders. I'm feeling the DOMS today.

Belinda- Which premix are you talking about from 4DS?

Hi Sherry, Michelle, Stephanie and all who follow

BBL,

Carolyn

Hi Girls!

Sorry to be MIA yesterday – was furiously cleaning house to get ready for friend’s Mary Kay party. Now own very large quantity of Mary Kay products. Isn’t friendship beautiful?

Anyway – I wanted to share this awesome recipe with you. I tried it over the weekend and both my husband and I loved it. Plus, it gets better after a day in the fridge. So here it is, courtesy of Tosca Reno’s diet book:

Chicken Marsala

4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, about 6 oz each
2 tsp fennel seeds, ground
1 tsp sea salt
½ tsp black pepper
½ tsp res pepper flakes
16 small carrots, peeled
3.5 cups marsala wine (full disclosure: All I had was cabnernet sauvignon, and it still tasted great!)
8 pieces of dried porcini mushrooms
2 shallots, sliced thin
4 cloves garlic, smashed
Cooking oil spray
4 Tbsp nonfat yogurt
4 sprigs rosemary for garnish

Mix fennel through pepper flakes in bowl. Sprinkle over chicken breasts and set aside. Boil carrots for 4 minutes then rinse under cold water and set to dry on paper towel. Bring wine to a boil on medium heat – add mushrooms, shallots & garlic. Season with some salt and pepper. Simmer until sauce reduces, about 20 minutes. Discard garlic and set sauce aside.

Coat grill (I used George Foreman grill) with cooking spray and cook chicken breasts until they have lost all pink in the middle (that was 6 minutes on the foreman grill – probably longer on outdoor grill). Grill carrots, rotating until charred.

Return sauce to a simmer, remove from heat, and whisk in yogurt. Divide carrots among four plates and top with chicken, sauce, and sprig of rosemary.

BFL notes: I turned one half of a chicken breast, plus sauce and carrots into a BFL meal. I added ½ of a nuked sweet potato with cinnamon and splenda. DELICIOUS!

1/8 of recipe contains: 344 calories, 24 g protein, 15.5 g fat, 31 carbs. And worth every one!

Morning everyone. I did PUB this morning. Forgot what a tough workout it can be. I have the version from FitTV and it does have all the upper body exercises. I can't remember if there are abs on the DVD version, if so, then those are cut out. I had to pause a few times to get my weights situated. I don't have all those db's so I can just pick up the weight. We have powerblocks so I have to put the pin in a different spot for a heavier weight and that takes longer than it does to just pick up the weights. Sometime I would just let Cathe go and catch up at a later point.

I could tell I burned out the upper body. I could barely wash my face and hair in the shower this morning. Putting the arms up was a chore but it got done.

I am planning on doing Tracey's Walk Strong on Saturday. Hope it is as good as everyone is saying. I don't think it really is HIIT cardio but we will see.

Kathy here are the breakdowns of Runervals 6 & 7.
Runervals 6 warm-up which is a separate chapter is 4:30 minutes
Main Sets
A
Tempo 10K race clocks in at 27:13
3 x 6 minutes with 1 minute rest

B
Cruise Intervals 10K/5K Pace clocks in at 25:46
4 x 4 minutes with 1 minute rest

C
5K Pace clocks in at 24:21
6 x 2.5 minute with 30 second rest

Runervals 7 warm-up, again separate chapter, is 7:10 minutes
Main Sets
A
200s on 2 Minutes clocks in at 24:21
10 x 30 second sprints with 90 second rest

B
400s on 4 Minutes clocks in at 23:20
5 x 90 seconds on with 2.5 minute rest

C
Combo clocks in at 25:39
4 x 30 second sprints with 90 second rest
4 x 1 minute fast tempo with 1 minute rest
2 x 30 second sprints with 90 second rest

For the warm-ups I usually just do it on my own, usually walking on the treadmill for 5 minutes then I pick which workout and cruise along with them. cool-downs are included in the workouts.

Hope this helps.

Rhonda

Hi girls,

This is my workout! BM 2 UB weights!

Double Arm Row on Ball (wt. is per DB)
12 @ 15
10 @ 20
8 @ 25
6 @ 25
12 @ 20
Pullovers on Ball 12 @ 20
Rear Fly on Ball 12 @ 10

Ball Incline Pushups
Wide push ups ( I stop counting!)
Chest flys on Ball 12 @ 15

Seated Overhead Press on ball (wt.is per DB)
12 @ 15
10 @ 15
8 @ 15
6 @ 15
12 @ 10
Shoulder Circles/ Lateral Raises ( I have no idea how many Cathe did?) 5 pounds that is all I could lift after all those overhead pesses!)

Hammer curls on the Ball (wt. is per DB)

12 @ 15
10 @ 15
8 @ 15
6 @ 15
12 @ 15
Incline Curls on Ball 12 @ 15
Seated Concentration curls on Ball 12 @ 15

32 Dips on Weights
Seated Extensions on Ball (wt. is per DB)
12 @ 15
10 @ 15
8 @ 15
6 @ 20
12 @ 20
Kickbacks (way to many) 8 pounds

I will be back for personals! Gotta run dogs want to go outside!

Belinda

http://www.PictureTrail.com/gid16930497

Good Morning Ladies!

Hi Belinda, Stephanie, Sherry, Michelle, Christina, Carolyn and Rhonda! Your all cooking today! }( Great workouts this morning.

Rhonda: Thank you for the break down on the runnervals. I was just checking them out this morning. My TV and treadmill are pretty far apart and found that in order to listen to the directions I would have to have the volume Waaaaay up there. Time to move either the treadmill or the TV in order to do these. ;-)

Plan for today:

GS Legs
Ab Hits #4
Orig LIS to loosen up after weight workout.

Be back after. Heidi :D
Hi Gayle!!! It is snowing and we are due for 6-10" Are your schools closed this morn?

Good morning everybody! SNOW DAY here! The snow started just after midnight and it’s still coming down. It’s supposed to change to freezing rain later this afternoon! Right now, the kids are playing the Wii (I’ll join them when I’m done posting). I’m going to make a pot of Salsa Chicken, and a BFL-friendly meatloaf. Perhaps a soup as well. Earlier this week I bought a fresh supply of 14 oz Ziplock food storage containers so I can stock the freezer up! I LOVE TO COOK! LOL

Sounds like today is UPPER BODY day for the gang, hugh?
My morning workout:
GS Push ups on bench and knees (LOVE LOVE LOVE this) to warm up!
BFL upper body (I switched things up….I’ve posted it below)!
ITread 11, 4.5 miles!
Stretch Max with the band!

Sherry-great workout. I LOVE CARDIO! LOL

Belinda-how are your arms feeling NOW? LOL I think after 1 more week of pure BFL upper body work, I may switch to the 4DS UB for a change. We’ll see! OK…so what did you do with the BM2 DVD….play it, then pause it to add your own sets??? I’m curious!

Michelle-how about in a week or 2, you and I start using the 4DS UB ???

Rhonda-I’m NOT listening to ANY of this Runnervals chit chat! LOL I do not want to be tempted to spend any money right now! Great UB workout for you too!

Carolyn-enjoy your workout!

Christina-that recipe looks SOOOOOOOO good. I’m curious where all the carbs come from it though. The stats say 31g of carbs…is it from the wine??? I’m adding this one to my to-make list (which keeps getting longer and longer! LOL)

Heidi-enjoy that leg workout! Look forward to some awesome DOMS tomorrow! LOL And YES…..schools are closed here today! LOVE a 3 day weekend!

(Incline) DB Flies
12 reps – 15#
10 reps – 20#
8 reps – 25#
6 reps – 30 #
12 reps – 20#
(Incline) Bench Press
12 reps – 30#

Side Lateral Raise
12 reps – 8#
10 reps – 10#
8 reps – 12#
6 reps – 15#
12 reps – 10#
Shoulder Press
12 reps – 20#

BB Row
12 reps – 50#
10 reps – 55#
8 reps – 60#
6 reps – 65#
12 reps – 55#
One Arm Rows
12 reps – 31.25#

Skull Crushers
12 reps – 8#
10 reps – 10#
8 reps – 12#
6 reps – 15#
12 reps – 10#
Close-grip barbell press
12 reps – 50 (can increase this for next time)

Bicep Curls with barbell (I hate doing these, lol)
12 reps – 25#
10 reps – 30#
8 reps – 35#
6 reps – 40#
12 reps – 30#
Hammer Curls
12 reps - 21.25#

Gayle

Morning everyone!
I’m running a little late to post this morning. I took today off (since I worked Sunday). This morning I did:

BFL Heavy Lower Body
Ab Hits Segment (LL)
46 minutes of Spinning (using a Les Mills RPM DVD I got off ebay)

I felt really, really great today! I’m ready to increase the weights on lower body again and the scale is down another half pound or so….I weighed in at 130.8 lbs. this morning…woohoo! I’m bringing this last 4 weeks home STRONG ladies! I’m seeing tons of improvement bodywise…..I LIKE IT (in the words of Grace Lazenby…ha,ha). Oh, I also got the new Clean Eating magazine in the mail yesterday. GREAT issue! There’s a section in there for 5 meals that all look good and the grocery list. The whole list is about $60 (and each meal serves 4). So if you’re only cooking for yourself, there’s quite a bit there!

Sherry – We live across the street from a bike/jog path so my doggie is spoiled. He makes me walk him 2-3 times a day on it, lol. He has a little girlfriend (I think she’s a Shitzu?) that just adores him. She gets all excited everytime she sees him and comes running. Her “mom” is pretty nice and we usually chat for a few minutes while they flirt (ha,ha).

Belinda – Great workout! You did really good adapting BM2 to BFL!

Michelle – great workout too!

Stephanie – Enjoy your workout today!

Rhonda – Thanks so much! I actually got Runnervals 6.0 in the mail yesterday and previewed some of it while I did lower body this morning. I LOVE the set up of this one, I need more tempo running workouts and this one is perfect! The Runnervals 7.0 looks like a really good speed workout, I have to get that one too now, lol. Do you do it often? Oh, and I ordered Walking Strong yesterday from Advanced Workouts. I may not get it right away though because I also pre-ordered Amy Bento’s “In the Ring” that’s a kickbox workout with medicine ball intervals. I’m more interested in the medicine ball intervals premix than anything else on the DVD! Anyway, they’ll probably ship together when the pre-order is released.

Hi Carolyn! I hope the DOMS gets better.

Christina – Thanks for the Chicken Marsala recipe! Yum! I’m going to get the ingredients for that one.

Heidi – I’m probably going to run a stereo cord from my TV to my treadmill so I can use my headphones. I think that’s the hardest part of using a DVD for treadmill workouts….the noise!

Gayle – Great workouts! I agree, a regular barbell is hard to do curls with…. I’m thinking of getting a curl bar soon because I feel it in my wrists. Have fun with the kids playing Wii (I’m jealous, I want one too, lol!)

Edited to add: Yay, I just checked my email and Jen (from Advanced Workouts.com) is going to ship my Tracey Walking Strong DVD today! She gives such great service and she's a vidiot just like us, lol.

Kathy

Hey ladies -

I'm running around CRAZY here at work today. So much on my desk -- and STILL I HAVE to check up on you BFL ladies!

I sooo love reading your posts -- everyone is kicking butt with the workouts! It is soooo exciting.

I can't wait to try the recipes, learn more about these runnervals, and party with all of you doing 4DS!!

This morning my alarm went off at 4:30 - and I jumped out of bed. DH's went off also -- and he hit the snooze. har har!! I feel so good that I'm just "doing it"!!!

Okay, no time for personals -- but I read all of your posts!!!

Michelle

Hello,

Back again with my GS Legs done. Oooh! I will be feeling this later for sure.}(
I was about to move on to my abs when DH called and said he was on his way home and could I make him lunch. Well....I guess my abs and step routine will have to wait until later this afternoon.

Boys are still sleeping...no school for them this whole week. They have been staying up late together playing guitar or reading. 13yr old DS has decided to re-read all the Harry Potter series during his vacation.

Hi Michelle! I hope that you have a great workout later.:)

Kathy: Phew! You take my breath away with your description of your workout. }(

I am still waiting for my magazine to come! As soon as the first one came out I subscribed to it. Maybe it will come today...

Gayle: I was just thinking the same thing about the BB curls. I have a curl bar but it goes to the weight machine and I can't put any plates on this one. :-( I guess I would have to stick to DB's for these. That stretch with the band sounds great. Will do this one later also. (Already starting to tighten up!)

You now have me looking hard at the 4DS weight workouts. The first week of Feb. I did SH, 2nd was Pyramids, and this week is the GS series. Are you going to do the 4DS next week? If so I will join you then. Anyone else want to join in? :7

Well...on to the days chores. BBL Heidi

Hi ladies. Just came in from outside with the kids. Set older DS to work on the steps and walks, younger DS on the picnic tables. Then we walked the neighborhood to see who's all out, and now ALL the boys in the neighorhood are out there! HA! So I'm alone in the house...what a shame, hugh? LOL Before we went out, I managed to vaccuum and mop all the floors. After I'm dong playing online, I'm going to clean up the bathrooms (my most dreaded task that I ALWAYS put off).

Salsa Chicken is smelling YUMMO!

Kathy-CONGRATS on that scale, girl! You ARE rocking it out…..keep going strong! I’m patiently waiting for that Clean Eating issue now! LOL The barbell curls actually pull something kind of weird in my right elbow…sort like a ‘tugging’ or something. But, if I keep my elbows right against my body and my hands/wrists just a bit wider, it’s okay (but I STILL hate those, lol).

Heidi-I figure I may as well give the 4DS UB a try, right? I paid for that set, and have ONLY done the LIS cardio ONCE! :) Next week I’m still going to do the BFL UB workout that I posted until I tweek the numbers just right to REALLY max out! But the following week, I’ll probably start the 4DS…..Maybe we’ll ALL do it???

Gayle

Hi everyone! I have time for a really quick post before we evacuate the office! Snow is coming down pretty good here and I had some things that I needed to do this morning.

I did not get up early this morning for HIIT...:( ...so I'm glad it's an early day here today. Maybe I'll do an extra long one today..}( !

Meals, quick and boring:

M#1: 2 banana/oatmeal protein muffins & 1c skim milk
M#2: egg white quiche & sweet potato
M#3: turkey black bean chili
M#4: egg white quiche & sweet potato
M#5: 4 oz 93% lean ground beef, 1/2 c brown rice & veggie
M#6: choc/banana protein shake

I'll BBL!!!

Okay, I thought I felt lonely this morning working out -- it was Melissa, where were you?! har har. Good thing you are leaving work early -- drive safe, okay!

I'm in -- I want to 4DS!!! I'm really getting tired of the Pyramids.

Helloooooo where's all the Survivor chat?? Okay, I could NOT have done that one carrying the bags -- did you see the way the big guys were just slamming people to the ground. Eliza even got hit in the face with a bag. I think Cire (sp?) better be careful -- she really isn't running the show -- and they will probably all turn on her later. Okay, why didn't the tall gal help out Ami on the island - together they may have been able to find the idols -- instead of acting like she didn't even know anything?? Strange!!

Later -
Michelle

Hi,

Just peeking in...

Hello Gayle: Not enough snow yet here to bother shoveling. How nice to have some peace and quite. :)
That sounds like a doable plan for the first week of March. I am in!

Hey Melissa: Have a great workout! Nice that your company closes early on bad weather days like this. Drive Safe!

Hi Michelle: Like Gayle mentioned...how about the first week of March? Next week how about doing SH or GS instead of the pyramids.

Ok...my upper body is pretty sore around my shoulders and neck area. Calves are definitely going to need an extra stretch. Those heel lifts are tough and burn so good!

Back to the laundry piles. BBL Heidi

Doesn't look like many people watch Survivor.
I agree Michelle that Cirie better watch it or she will be off next. I was sad to see Yau-Man leave, I was hoping they would break up one of those two couples on the Faves side.

The lady didn't help Ami because I think she was just too tired to do anything. Remember they haven't slept well or eaten as well as the Faves.

It was nice to see the Fans win another challenge. This Survivor could get interesting. Wonder how long it will be before they merge, or are they not going to merge.

Kathy - I have been doing Run 7A once a week. I am thinking of doing at least one off of Run 7 once a week. I like to keep in a 30 minute spinning workout also. Saturdays I keep for my longer cardio days. I hear you on having to wait for Jen to get everything to ship. I didn't realize that at one time and couldn't figure out why I didn't get the one that was in stock. She explained it and I was fine with it just didn't see that policy at first. Will check back in after I do the Walking Strong workout. I am planning on not doing the upper body and just do the walking during those segments. I don't really have a whole lot of room with the handle bars on the treadmill to use weights. Besides doing upper body today I won't be in for more tomorrow.

Sorry to rambling on, I am just waiting for the day to end to go home.

Rhonda

OH! Survivor. How could I forget??? The kids and I were so sad to see YauMan go. He certainly didn't deserve to get voted off, but I do agree that Ciree was smart in NOT siding with Jonathan. I was laughing so hard last night during that sand-bag challenge....Eliza got knocked in the head hard and I just couldn't control myself anymore after that! We always laugh about her 'buggy' eyes and the facial expressions she uses! LOL

Here's my meals (some done already) for the day:
M1: Egg Beaters, 2 slices lite w/w toast
M2: White Bean soup
M3: White Bean soup (again, lol)
M4: apple, 2 string cheese
M5: Meatloaf, steamed broccoli, Roasted Veggie soup
M6: Scrambled egg wrap

The meatloaf....I'm making it next...new recipe that uses shredded cabbage instead of breadcrumbs to keep the carbs down. I'm really hoping it turns out well! I'll let you know!

For you iTread fans....I really like set 11, 40 minutes. There are no sprints in it. It's a pretty steady run, slowly increasing the speed, till about the 14:00 mark, where you hit a 6% hill. Then the second half starts you at a pace, then you increase, decrease, increase, decrease, and you END ON A HILL for the last 4-5 mintues. That part is hard....but AWESOME!

Gayle

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.