BFL for Feb-20-08

Woo hoo! First after Belinda!! (That never happens:)!!)

Today is legs for me too (4DS)-- and for some reason I couldn't sleep so I am up working on my lecture for class. BBL after my workout - Christina

Good morning!

That makes 3 for leg day! I'm planning on GS Legs...this is the one that made me walk like a duck for 3 days, YIKES!

Belinda, hope your workout went well! Which one did you do? I will be doing abs today too, not sure which one I should do? Any suggestions?

Christina, you missed being first by a few minutes! Have fun with your workout!

Good morning!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KATHY! Hope it was a good one.

I'm still here. Workouts for the past 3 days have been upper body - breaking up the 4" of ice on the driveway! LOL! Kids have been off school the past 2 days due to the icy roads. On top of that, I've been needing to get into work earlier than usual. I think things are getting back to normal today. And I'm still resisting the now down to a couple hundred Girl Scout cookies that are in the house.

Hope everyone has a great workout today and continues to eat clean!

Leg Day, hugh? Well, add me to that list, ladies! I did PLB this morning. I've also got a 7 miles with hills scheduled today. I may either do them on the TM with iTreads after work/school, or I may just move that run to tomorrow's cardio day! We'll see how I feel later!

GOOD MORNING EVERYBODY! I came up from the basement after my workout to cat puke on the carpet! YUCKO! LOL

Time to shower and get the kiddos ready. Then I'm off to clean my friend's house, then work/school. I'll check in after all that!

Happy Hump Day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KEEP ON TRUCKIN!

Gayle

Happy Hump Day!

I just finished Legs & Glutes “Leg Press Mania”. Oh, boy! Those leg presses are evil!

Christine** enjoy your 4DS leg workout!

Stephanie** have fun with GS legs today!

Sherry** I hope you have day today! Enjoy your workout!

Gayle** great job on PLB! I don't know how you still can run 7 mil. after PLB! ^^^^5!

Off to the shower and take my dogs for a nice long walk!

Belinda

Good morning ladies! Legs was yesterday for me...so ENJOY!! This morning was HIIT. 2nd 1/2 Imax 2. I just love that one.

Trying to get DD ready for daycare today. School vacation this week. She is having a clothes melt-down! Gotta go...

BBL when I'm at work :7 !

Morning,

Today will be legs for me as well. I ended up doing 4DS Kickbox yesterday instead of legs. I may try 4DS legs.

Off to get DD out of the bed. She really is not a morning person;(

BBL,
Carolyn

Morning Everyone,

Add another one for Legs day. I did PLB standing. I know I should do the whole thing but time was running short. For the leg presses, I don't go nearly as heavy as Cathe as I am not fond of them and wondering if there are other exercises I could substitute for them. I wanted to add in Leg Extensions and Leg curls but not sure where I should put them in at or which exercises to sub for them.

I tried Sherry's waffle recipe this morning. Boy there is a lot there to eat. I actually made two waffles, thank for the warning that they increase in size, otherwise it would have been all over the counter :) They were good but I thought they were a little dry for my taste. any suggestions on how to moisten them up.

gotta run,

Rhonda

Morning everyone!
Thank you SO much for the Birthday wishes yesterday, you all are just too nice! ((hugs))

I had some birthday cake and ice cream to work off this morning, lol...so I did:

BFL Heavy Upperbody
25 minutes of Spinning (using a Group Ride DVD)
Ab Hits segment

I'm trying to add in a little spin bike (and hopefully bike when it warms up). The cardio part is a piece of cake (ha,ha)...it's getting my butt used to the seat that takes a couple of weeks! :eek: My duathlon is the end of April!

Have a great day!

Kathy G

(who's running out the door to work AGAIN!) :(

Good Morning to you all!

Finally! I have some time to myself. It has been pretty hectic here with the plastering people coming and going for the past couple of days.

I haven’t worked out since Friday’s 60min run. I feel terrible! If I don’t get in my workouts I tend to get bad headaches and just feel sick. I need desperately to get back on track.

Plan for today:

Butts and Gutts
iTread #24 30min

Happy Birthday Kathy! :) Great workout!

Belinda: Great job on L&G’s

Stephanie: Enjoy your funny walk after GS Legs!

Carolyn & Christina: Enjoy you leg workout from 4DS.

Gayle: Hope you take that run tomorrow. It might be too many miles for after a weight workout.

Melissa: Great job on IMAX 2! Enjoy your day with your DD. Mine was complaining about her pants this morning as well.

Sherry: Breaking up ice is a great workout! Have a great day!

Rhonda: Have a great leg workout. If you can’t fit the whole PLB in try splitting it up. Standing portion in the morning and the floor work later in the afternoon. :)

So off to that workout before someone shows up. Have a great workout/day everyone. BBL Heidi

Hi,

Back again after my workout accomplished! YES! Finally.

I ended up doing the iTread 24 part (a) first then Standing Glutes & Abs Timesaver

total workout time: 81.58min. Phew! How's that for getting it in!

I am not sure that running first this time was a good thing. My legs were pretty weak for doing the weight workout. I probably did about half of each exercise in the end (not including abs which I did in full).

Shower, make breakfast for boys that are still sleeping and then to work.

Have a good one! BBL Heidi

Hi Kathy,

....... I'm trying to add in a little spin bike (and hopefully bike when it warms up). The cardio part is a piece of cake (ha,ha)...it's getting my butt used to the seat that takes a couple of weeks! :eek: My duathlon is the end of April!

Time to get a really cushy seat cover! :) Are you still doing the half? Or is this part of the Duathlon?

I can't wait for the weather to warm-up. It is really cold here because the 3rd floor needs to vent in order to dry the plaster and the heat is turned down. Freeeeezing right now after my workout.

Have a great morning. Heidi

Hello ladies -

Wow, I'm posting a few hours late -- and look at all the posts!!

How are everyone's LEGS!! ???

Belinda - Yeah!! Love those leg presses!! :)

Hello Christina - way to go for being up so early -- you almost started the thread!

Stephanie - "walk like a duck" - har har!!

Sherry -- Good to see you!!! I'm picking up the girl scout cookies I ordered tonight -- I'll resist right along with you!!

Gayle - I was your shadow today -- did PLB. Shadow got tired, didn't do the 7 miles -- did you miss me?! har har!!

Melissa - Way to get that HIIT done this morning! So, are you glad you switched to morning cardio??

Kathy - Glad you had a great Birthday!! Now, can we stop talking about cake!? he he!

Carolyn - Loving the 4DS!!

Rhonda - That is too funny -- I truly love leg presses. I guess it started when I was doing the firm workouts. However, I HATE lunges -- so I skipped those today! :)

Heidi - I have to tell you -- you are right, since working out I really haven't had any headaches. Except that ONE morning when I had some wine the night before -- but then I did my cardio and it was gone! Glad you got your workout done!! :)

I did PLB today -- I have been skipping the floor workout lately -- but today decided to do it all. Wow, I've gotten stronger since the last time I did that -- it wasn't soooo bad!

For those that watch the Biggest Loser - they went home for the week -- wow, it REALLY is about the food!! I've been good -- even have egg salad on tap for lunch! I'm determined - four more weeks!!

BBL!
Michelle

Sherry - I just wanted you to know -- that I noticed you were missing the past few days -- I was just getting ready to give you a shout out and make sure you were still around. This thread is getting bigger by the minute -- but I'm bound and determine not to let someone slip through so I wanted you to know that you were missed! Hang in there with all the ice -- AND the cookies!! :)

Michelle

Hey Michelle,

My legs are shaking! I don't know if it is from the workout or the cold. :)

4 more weeks!? Where has the time gone!? I think I better start all over again from day 1. My schedule has been sooooo messed up this time around and I haven't been able to get back on track. It is really starting to effect my workouts. Not using as heavy a weight or I just can't seem to do all the reps like I used to.

TRY TRY AGAIN. This is where I will start.

Good for you doing all the workout this time through. }( I am sure you like the rest of us will be feeling it in the morning.

Have a great day. BBL Heidi

Sherry-keep counting down those boxes until they’re all gone!!! Oh, and yes….your waffle recipe IS yummy! I was going to check on you also, if we didn’t hear from you today! I actually have you written on my calendar too! But Michelle beat me to it…good ol’ Michelle!

Belinda-----insert evil laugh here----how are those legs of your feeling after all those leg presses???

Melissa-did DD figure out the clothing problem???

Rhonda-sometimes I only do the standing portion alone. It’s a tough workout all by itself. As for leg extensions…what I do when I do PLB is go thru the workout like normal, right on thru the deadlifts. Then I get on my weight bench and do the extensions, while playing the deadlift chapter from PLB. This way, I get the extra work on the front quads and tear drop area, I get Cathe keeping count and pace for me! I LOVE adding that one! Then I continue with the rest of the workout!

Kathy-great workout for you today! What distances are the run and the bike for the dualthon???

Heidi-what’s the temp in your house? My basement was 45 degrees this morning! Can you beat THAT? LOL Also, are you taking pics of your house as this work goes along??? As for your workout….when I run on leg day, I usually like doing the run second, so I can loosen them up after the weight work! GREAT JOB, lady!!!

Michelle-my shadow decided to tell me that the 7 miles can wait till tomorrow! LOL Great job on the WHOLE workout today! I felt you right there beside me on your mat too! The Biggest Loser…..loved the show last night! I’m starting to think, though, that the teams simply aren’t ‘fair’…don’t you get that? All of our bodies respond in different ways, and to have ALL those big heavy guys on ONE team and then the smaller folks on the other team…it’s like that one girl said about her body just losing weight at a slower rate…..it’s DIFFERENT, but it’s WORKING for them. It just seems unfair that they lose and get voted out simply because they lose slower! Food for thought, hugh???

Hi to Tammy, Carolyn, Christina, Rhonda….that’s everybody, right???

Gayle

OK, as for ME! I decided to move the 7 miles worth of hills to tomorrow's cardio day. DOMS are setting in. But the other thing is that my Plantar Fasciitis is also setting in my left foot again. This happened the last time I was running these longer distances. So the plan is for an EARLY morning 7 miles, most likely using a comination of iTreads. The tough abs....most likely a Core Max workout!

A quick update also! See if I don't confuse anybody!

Today, I started a brand new, send-the-packet-into-EAS Challenge. I'm not ditching my second challenge, just simply, sort of, adding onto it by doing this. (have I lost you yet? LOL)

OK, here’s the deal with my starting over on a new challenge. This second challenge of mine, which started on New Year’s Eve, has been full of ups and downs…and lately it’s been more DOWN than UP! I’ve been struggling with my eating, and the word ‘struggling’ does not do ANY justice to what I really mean by that. I have just felt ‘out of sorts’ over the last 4-5 weeks, and it started at about the end of week 3 of this challenge. But I kept going forward, starting the very next day and figured I’d finish out this challenge, with or without all those ‘mess-ups’. But again, I was just not MENTALLY into it. It wasn’t clicking; the fire wasn’t there. Yes, my workouts were consistent and awesome. But my OVERALL mood was just in the dumps, not to mention my eating. It’s hard to explain, so perhaps I’m not making any sense at all.

So last night, after some advice from a good friend, I sat alone in the house after I tucked the kiddos in bed and did some soul-searching. I thought about why I’ve been feeling that way, and why I’ve been making the decision to sabotage my hard work and efforts. I thought about what I want and WHAT I WILL DO AND GET! And then I asked myself what I need to do to get that FIRE lit again. I know myself well enough, that if I just kept going thru this second challenge, picking up the pieces and going thru the next 4-5 weeks, I’d just stumble…again because my MIND was not in the right place. BUT…after last night’s “self-session”, I figured it out.

I’m changing a few things up so I don’t get bored and to keep things fresh (just little things, like my new notebook). Day 1 (today) fell on a Wednesday, because I need to start treating weekends (specifically, Free Day) completely differently. As a severe over-eater (something I haven’t yet completely confessed to all of you), I was ruining my efforts with all the bad stuff and I need to take control of that NOW instead of in 4-5 weeks.

Fresh start. Brand new challenge. Brand new notebook and journal. Brand new goals.

That’s what’s worked for me in the past, and that’s what will make me KEEP ON TRUCKIN’!!!!

And ya know what???? [font color=red]I FEEL THAT FIRE REKINDLED TODAY!

THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKIN' ABOUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[/font]

Gayle

Good for you Gayle!

ETA - yes, DD did finally figure out her clothes issue. We seem to have more and more of those the older she gets...:eek: ! I think I'm in big trouble when the teenage years hit!!

Hi everyone,
Just a quick post to answer some questions and as a couple of my own, lol. I’ve only been able to read through half the posts today during my lunch but will try to make it back to the computer this evening. Hopefully, I’ll get a chance to catch up on what everyone has been this last week or so. I’m sorry if I don’t address each of you personally right now!

Heidi – I’m running a full marathon on 5/7/08 (the New Jersey Marathon). Hmmmm, I have a seat cushion on my spin bike but not on my road bike. I think I might need some bike shorts!

Rhonda – I just got Runervals 6.0 Cruise and Tempo Training (off the swaps, it should be in the mail today)….do you have this one? I remember you saying you had the Runnervals 7.0 Speed Training. Can you tell me a little more about what’s on that DVD? Thanks!

Gayle – I’m doing a duathlon on 4/27/08 (the week before the marathon) that is – run 5k, bike 29 miles, run 5k. It’s my first one, so I’m a bit nervous about it already! Hey, you know YOU best….you have to stay true to yourself and do what feels best. ;)

Kathy G

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.