BFL.....12/26

banslug

Cathlete
Well, The Big Day is over. Now what? lol Now....it's time to dig a walkway thru my living rooms so that we can walk without hurting ourselves! My house is officially a National Disaster Area! lol Seriously!

I hope you all had a wonderful day yesterday with your family, friends, loved ones! My house was packed all day long with my family. It was great.

TODAY, however, is even BETTER since my older sister just gave birth to her second daughter, Delayney Grace, this morning at 10:30am! She's SOOOOOOO tiny and so cute! I'll post a picture on my picture trail later today to share with you all!

My game plan has changed these last few days. I'm tired. I'm beat. And I need a rest! lol Between being so diligent and concentrated on my 12 week challenge, the holidays were upon us full blast and I didn't really feel the effects of it ALL until yesterday! So, here's my revised plan for this week: I'm laying low. I'm taking today as a rest day (from workouts), and I MAY even do the same for the remainder of the week. I'm enjoying some of my favorite foods (like pizza, yum) and am re-grouping for Challenge #2, which begins Monday 13/31! I may do yoga, or Stretch Max, but something low key, because when Monday comes, it's THE 4 DAY SPLIT, BABY! lol

I briefly read over yesterday's posts.
BF completely surprised me with an 80gig iPod Classic! WOWzers, baby! lol Completely SHOCKED me! He also got me the counter top convection oven I've been wanting. Too much, this guy! lol

OK....kids are begging to open more boxes. They got the Wii from my FIL yesterday and that's all they want to do! lol

Gayle

Gayle,
You've inspired me very much with you BFL challenge...YAY! You look GREAT! :)

Do you all mind if I join you on 12/31/07? I'm going to give BFL a shot (but I also start training for a marathon on 5/4/08 and a duathlon on 4/27/08). The mileage for the long runs won't start racking up until after the challenge is over....so I'm hoping to be "lighter" by then so I can run a little faster, lol. See ya all next Monday, if it's okay. ;)

Kathy G

Hi Gayle,

You definetly deserve a rest from all the work you have been putting into your challenge.:)
I am with you on being glad it is all over with the christmas rush and stuff. It was a nice day yesterday with the family and friends.

Well...I managed to get in a workout this morning finally.
A treadmill run for 40min at 7mm and abs from SJP.:D

Thanks again Gayle for the recipes...I made the protein pancakes this morning...very delish. I found that by using a 1/4c measuring cup I got approx. 10 nice round pancakes. (Oh...I got a new griddle for Christmas..never had one before)I cooked them all and put half away for another meal. I am going to try to make the spinach quiches later today. These two should hold me over until my trip.

Tonight I am going to add PUB. Need to get ready for my trip! It is coming up next weds. I won't be back until after the 14th of January so I wish you luck in your first couple weeks of your 2nd Challenge. I know you will do an awesome job.}(

Hello Kathy G!

You are more than welcome to join us here.:7 Let us know what your goals are for the 12Weeks. Look forward to getting to know you too!:)

Take Care, BBL heidi

Hello ladies -

I finally have a chance to sit down, relax, and type. Christmas was wonderful. Family, food, and fun! The best was when I asked my 8 year old daughter if she got everything she wanted and her response was, "I got everything I wanted... AND MORE!" :)

I'm with you Gayle - time to relax for a few days before hitting it hard. You'll have to tell me what you think of the Wii -- my kids want one too. And your BF is the bomb!!! Sounds like you had a wonderful holiday!

Way to go Heidi on your workouts. Wish I could say I worked out today! I'm going to try making the protein pancakes tomorrow!! I really NEED to find a BFL recipe for breakfast -- that's one of my hardest meals. I'm also going to go out and get a new blender with one of my gift certificates from Christmas. NOT the $400 one, but one that will make good protein shakes.

Welcome Kathy! There is only a small group of us here -- but you will get all the motivation you need. I think we are all motivated to really hit it hard next week with the workouts as well as eating the BFL way(especially after all the extra food this week)!!

I'm really excited. I think I'm finally going to reach my goals in 2008.

I'm glad you all had a great holiday!!

Michelle

I just checked out your photos Gayle!! Woohooo!! Last time I checked I think was your 10 week photo -- the side by side 12 week photos are AMAZING!! You are right, "Who is that girl on the left?" :)

I'll be ready to do 4DS with ya! Who else is joing in?

So, where are those photos of your niece -- come on Auntie and post them! :) ha ha! How exciting for you!

Jennifer -- hope you are having a good day. Missed ya today!

Michelle

Hello all,

I'm back after a couple of days away (and still very new here), but I'm staying on track for the most part. I agree with the others - Gayle, your photos are amazing and quite inspirational. And even more impressive is your desire to do another round. I hadn't thought about officially entering the challenge - wondering if that would keep me more motivated

Michelle, I'm game for 4DS beginning next week. I will need to keep it with cardio one day and weights the next, more inline with the BFL schedule. I only have time for 30-40 minutes each morning once everyone is back to school. On Saturday I can do a whole day. Not sure how to work out a rotation yet, but I'll keep thinking about it.

I did get a run in yesterday, which was only ok because it was cold - about 25. We live in Michigan outside Detroit while our families live in St. Louis, so it was very nice quiet day. The family room was cleaned up enough that I could do GS chest & triceps today.

I'm hoping by posting I'll keep my eating honest. Is the protein pancake recipe handy? I haven't done a search yet. I'm planning to get to Borders and use a gift certificate to get Eat Clean.

Hello Sherry and Michelle,

Sherry: I forwarded the Protein Pancakes recipe from Gayle's cookbook to you. I hope you enjoy them! These were really good yesterday.

Michelle: I think a few of us are going to use the 4DS in this next challenge. Gayle and I are going for round two starting in January. I will be traveling the first week and a half but hope to hit the gym were I am staying. (HOPE THAT IS) ;-) Otherwise I will be lifting cans and running the beach.:7

Today's goal:

Get in another workout...to be determined.
go to work
DS's haircut
Housework...the never ending! With everyone home this is a real challenge. ;-)

BBL Heidi

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.