BFL ~~~~Happy Valentine's Day ~~~~~ for Thu Feb 14th 2008

Good Morning BFLers and Happy Valentine's Day!

Tonight is supposed to be spinning class, but I'll have to call and make sure it is still on with Valentine's Day and all. If there is no spinning class, I'll do iTread 13/30 after work...I just LOVE that workout.

Belinda ~ YAY for getting your workout done already. Enjoy the rest of your day.

Wow! I'm third to post today!

Good morning and Happy Valentine's Day to you too!

Belinda, way to go on your run! What will you be doing today?

Tammy, have fun either spinning or running! I am going to have to check out your favorite iTread!

I am going to do HIS this morning, off to the showers then I will be going to SC and will be back tomorrow evening.

Last night it snowed 1"! The weatherman didn't even say anything about it. What a pleasant surprise! On average, we get about 1/4"-1/2" of snow a year so it's nice. Schools are closed. All they are talking about on the news is the snow...they have reporters all around the area reporting on the conditions of the roads, etc.

I hope you all have a wonderful loved-filled day! Be back Saturday morning!

Belinda-GREAT JOB RUNNING!!! You're doing so well! AWESOME!

Tammy-enjoy your cardio. Set 12 is one of my faves!!!

Stephanie-just 1" and the schools are closed??? Interesting! LOL What's your workout for today???

I just sat down and realized there's a 2 hour delay! HA! I didn't even see it on the news this AM. It rained all day yesterday and last night, and the roads probably froze. But if I hadn't sat down at the PC, I would have gotten the kids up as usual! LOL

This morning's workout was AWESOME again. My schedule called for 7 miles with hills (the half marathon schedule, that is) and abs (my schedule). So I piggy-backed iTread 23 with iTread 25, then tacked on iSculpt set 7 Core Training. What a workout. I'm drenched! Now that I have some extra time, I'm going to put on the news and stretch for a while. Hammies get tight.

No plans tonight, besides SURVIVOR, BABY! Oh...and NO CHOCOLATES on the horizon!

BBL

Gayle

Good morning ladies -

Okay, my husband got me flowers AND chocolates. Yikes!! Luckily my kids are picking through it -- so I won't be eating them ALL!!

Good thing I got up and did the elliptical -- just sang a long to the tunes today instead of anything structured -- I probably looked like a big dork! :)

Gotta go jump in the shower -- I'll read yesterdays posts while I'm at work! :)

BBL-
Michelle

Gayle, I'm getting ready to do High Intensity Step.

Yeah, 1" and the schools are closed. Several weeks ago the weatherman predicted freezing rain and snow over night, they closed school and we didn't get anything! We just don't have the equipment down here required to make the roads safe. A few years ago they should have closed the schools because of ice and a teacher was killed driving in, so they are very careful.

I will miss talking with you all over the next couple of days! I'll be back Saturday!

Hey to all that follow and have a Happy Valentine's Day!

Stephanie-see you in a few days!

Michelle-bee-bopping to the music, hugh? LOL I can just picture it!

My house smells YUMMY! Last night after I tucked the kiddos in, I made Kathy's Crockpot Stuffed Green Peppers. I bought the biggest peppers I could find, and then DS laughed at me when I couldn't get all 4 in the same crockpot! So I had 2 crockpots going overnight! I LOVE waking up to that yummy smell!

I am going to try Sherry's protein waffles again this morning, this time in a my BIGGER belgian waffler (see funny waffle story that I posted last night, lol). Sherry-do you process all that in the food processor? Just curious (I'm assuming you do.)

Time to shower up. Stretch is done and I feel great! Ready for the day. I'll be staying after work at school today for younger DS's VDay party with is class! LOVE IT!

Gayle

Morning!
You ladies are up and at 'em early! Great workouts everyone! High five. :D

I got up late again this morning, I figured out what the problem was....the alarm clock was set for weekends only, lol. Anyway, no workout this morning (or last evening).

Work is incredibly stressful for me, I wish I could elaborate more but I could get in trouble if I do. Anyway, yesterday was awful because I only had 10 minutes for lunch. I ended up eating a package of peanut butter crackers (that's all I had for 10 hours). }(

I'm definitely going to run today then flip everything to be on track for next Monday.

Thurs: run
Fri: BFL Lower Body
Sat: Long Run
Sun: BFL Upper Body

Gotta take off here. Just a reminder, if you would like my list of iTrain breakdowns...please PM me with your email address. I can't attach anything to PM's here (I wish I could). ;-)

Have a great day!
Kathy G

Morning and Happy Valentines Day everyone!!!

Luckily DH and I don't celebrate, which is fine with me. We just don't get into those "extra" holidays throughout the year.

Anyway, Did Gayles UB workout this morning. Thanks Gayle, it was great. Just have to figure out the correct weight ranges but otherwise I think I did pretty well. A few set of 6's I couldn't lift another rep so I figured I did well.

Sherry - We are 30 minutes south of Lansing in Stockbridge and we both work in Ann Arbor.

Question for everyone - when doing PLB - do you just do the weight portion or also add in the stability ball portion. Just wasn't sure if I should do the whole workout or just the weights.

I need to figure out when to do ab workouts. I was thinking on cardio days but for some reason I just can't seem to get the time squeezed in for abs. Are there certain ab routines you do or just get on the floor and go?

Can someone help me find the waffle recipe? I haven't been able to find it and it sounds like it is wonderful.

Thanks everyone
Rhonda

RE: BFL ~~~~Happy Valentine's Day ~~~~~ for Thu Feb 14t...

Happy Valentine's Day everyone!!!

To celebrate, I'll be taking care of my poor DH who came down with the flu yesterday :( . Oh well - in sickness and in health, as they say. I just hope I don't catch it!

Last two days have been stressful at work - mainly a bunch of political stuff I have to deal with - Yuck. BUT - I have managed to work out both days! Although not to post....sorry!!

I bought 4-day Split and did the first WO (HIS and back/chest) yesterday. I really liked it - esp. the heavy weights. How long did it take you all to figure out the step moves?? I was tripping over my own feet lol!!

You know one GOOD thing about stressful days -- no time to think about food! I've had no trouble with the clean eating lately...and this weekend I'll try some new recipes and let you know if I find any good ones.

Well -- off to workout. I think I'll take it easy today and just do some cardio - maybe my new itread set 1 40. Trying to baby my immune system!

BBL for personals - have great workouts today everyone!!

-Christina

Kathy & Christina-sorry about the work troubles!!! Hope things settle SOON!

Kathy-when do you typically take a rest day? I'm trying to stick to the BFL week as closely as possible AND my half training marathon as well. But with long runs on Sunday, and my not wanting a rest day on Sat, I'm a bit confused! LOL

Rhonda-yes...when that set of 6 is HARD, you know you're on the right path! Great job on UB! As for PLB, MOST times I tack on the floor work, but not ALL the time. Since I use really really heavy weights, sometimes I'm fried by the time the floor work rolls around! HA!

Gayle

p.s. Here's Sherry's Protein Waffle recipe:
1/4 C oats
4 egg whites
1 scoop vanilla protein powder
1/4 tsp vanilla
1/4 tsp cinnamon

I process in the food processor then cook in the waffle maker. FUNNY AGAIN...this time I used the Belgian waffler and MAN do these thigns RISE to high heaven! LOL This waffler doesn't have a 'floating hinged lid' (do you know what I mean...the kind that allows for rising and then the lid rises with it from front to back?), so this one came out lopsided too! OK....I guess TOMORROW I'll be trying this recipe out in my THIRD AND FINAL waffle maker (yes, we have 3 of them, lol).

Hi girls,

I am already done with my doggie walks! I still have to work my abs and do Clean Max!

Tammy** I hope you get your spinning class in today! You really like spinning?

Stephanie** enjoy your visit in SC! That is crazy they didn’t report snow! How did they miss snow? That’s funny! Hope you enjoyed you’re HIS this morning!

Gayle** fantastic workout you did this morning! Great job on the elliptical!

Michelle** how sweet your DH got you flowers AND chocolates! I told my DH I don’t want any, just iTreads! LOL! He thinks I am nuts!

Kathy** I hope your day at work is less stress full today! Enjoy your workout tonight!

Rhonda** I do the entire PLB! Enjoy your cardio and abs today!

Christina** hang in there with the 4DS cardio! It will take awhile to get the steps down! I did a lot of rewinding! LOL! It is one of my favorite workouts! I hope things settle down at work!

Have a great one!
Belinda

http://www.PictureTrail.com/gid16930497

Hi to all,

Stephanie: Happy Valentines Day to you too. :) The snow must be pretty for you. Have a safe trip!

Belinda: Great run this morning. :)

Tammy: Which ever you choose have a great workout.

Today's plan:
iTread Set 13. Tammy...race you to the treadmill! }(

Hi Gayle,Michelle (Great workout you two), Rhonda, Kathy and who
follow.

Rhonda: My DH and I don't either. I am not into jewelry or anything like that. Everyday is what is important not just one day out of the year.

Kathy: I hope your day is better. Sorry to hear it has been really stressful lately. You have to be sure to bring food with you! Not eating can make things harder when it comes to dealing with a stressful situation. Thinking of you. :)

Have a great day everyone! Enjoy your valentines day too. Heidi :)

Hi Christina:

Oooh poor DH! I hope he feels better soon. I hope you don't catch it either! You haven't been feeling all that great as is.

I am still working on the step moves! I gave up....just don't have the time lately to spend rewinding.

Hopefully things will calm down at work for you too. I can't stand any stress and end up with a migraine easily. That's when I run until the headache is gone. Hopefully the stress along with it.

Have a good day. Stay well.

BBL Heidi

Happy Valentine’s Day to all!

I’m home today, taking today and tomorrow off. Not much planned, so we’ll see what happens. Will need to get some cardio in. If it warms up fast enough, I’ll go for a run. I’ll just hang out for a bit before deciding.

Belinda – Can you come do Cleanmax over here? I think I’ll be doing some Lanudrymax.

Tammy – Hope you get to go spinning.

Stephanie – oh, to only have that much snow on the ground! I think it’s about 10” right now. Enjoy your trip!

Gayle – Have a great run, and wonderful willpower on the chocolates! As for the waffles, I just do it in the blender. I’ve thought about cutting back on eating the whole serving, but when I do eat it all is when I seem to lose the most weight, so I’m just sticking with it. Probably more disciplined in everything else also. But 3 waffle makers?! I only have the Belgian.

Michelle – What a sweet hubby! Who cares what you look like on the elliptical, just get it done!

Kathy – I can definitely understand about work. I won’t go into details either. There are many days when I want to be out of the automotive industry!

Rhonda – You live in a nice area. I’ll enjoy having another Michigander here. West Bloomfield is just northeast of Novi, if you are familiar with the area.

Heidi – Have a great run, which I’m sure you will!

Christina – Glad you are feeling better, and sorry about DH. I agree that busy days do help keep the food cleaner!

Still 13 degrees - maybe i should just pop in a DVD.

Gayle,

I just read your waffle post from last night. LOL! I didn't tell all of you how my kids laughed when I tried the make waffles with the pancake recipe. It was such a mess - the outside burned and the inside never cooked. When I opened it up, the middle goo spilled out all over the waffle maker and the counter, and I had to scrape forever to get it the outside off the mold plates! That's when I started searching online for a waffle recipe, which I think I found on Oxygen. And yes, the serving seems big, but like I said, it is really filling and satisfying.

Happy Valentine's Day!!

Today is Cardio and I think I will do High Intensity Step along with you Stephanie:)

Hope everyone has a great day and doesn't fall into the temptation of the dreaded Valentine Chocolate. I caved earlier in the week but have since shipped idt all off to work with DH:p

BBL,

Carolyn

Hi ladies -

First off, I'm sorry I haven't been keeping up with personals - things have been VERY hectic lately.

Next, I just wanted to tell you some of my thoughts. I'm in week 7 - the "magical" week for women. It's not what I expected. I guess I thought I'd wake up and I would be at my goal. Instead I woke up and realized I needed to re-evalute what I'm doing. I've starting back into some old habits last week. I had the evening munchies - so I reached for the preztels. Hey they are healthy right? Well by the end of the week the preztels were gone and I had put on a pound. Preztels just aren't part of the BFL plan. So I'm back to the protein pudding for night time. That is what works for me. It really is about all the "small" things adding up.

Back to week seven. Instead of feeling like I should be at my goal -- I looked in the mirror again -- to be honest, I'm happy -- I feel half way there. Which is EXACTLY were I am in the plan - half-way. That is how I "look" -- but how I "feel" is a totally different story.

I don't get too personal here -- I'm sort of a private person - but my life has been REALLY hectic and stressful the last few weeks. But, you wouldn't know it. I don't feel it. I have 10 times the energy - living off 1/2 the sleep and STILL getting those 4:30 a.m. workouts in.

I had lunch with a friend yesterday. I hadn't seen her since December. She said I look fantastic. I knew she was being honest. I have come quite a way in only 7 weeks. My jeans felt loose and instead of a huge sweater I was wearing a fitted shirt. I'm not quite ready for a bikini -- but I felt good.

Anyway, I just wanted you to know that even with the highs and lows - the up and down -- BFL IS WORKING for me. I'm happy, healthy, and strong. The added energy, the ability to deal with the stress, it is just amazing. And the loose fitting jeans -- that's just icing on the cake. I can not wait to see what the next six weeks brings. I do know that we are going to do this together -- I could have NEVER done this on my own. I've worked out 6 days a week for 7 weeks -- because I know you are too -- thanks for all the motivation ladies!!

Michelle

Hi everyone and Happy V-Day! I'll do personals first:

Belinda - have fun with CleanMax. I really need to do that this weekend. Not my favorite workout, that's for sure!

Tammy - hopefully your spinning class isn't cancelled tonight.

Stephanie - wow, I didn't realize that snow what such a big deal in NC! That must be exciting. Have a good trip to SC...be safe!

Gayle - you must have been lovin' that extra time to stretch this morning.

Sherry - enjoy your day's off. What DVD did you end up doing?

Kathy - sorry to hear that you are so stressed. 1 package of pb crackers in 10 hours...holy mackeral! Maybe you can run off some of that stress today.

Rhonda - DH and I don't celebrate Valentine's Day either. I can easily do without the over-priced flowers and the calories of the chocolates. Not that I wouldn't appreciate them if he gave them to me!!!

Carolyn - good for you for sending the chocolates with DH to work. Let his fellow colleagues take in all those extra calories...}(

Heidi - HI! What did your DS do today to try to get out of going to school????

Christine - poor DH. I hope he feels better soon and I hope you don't catch what he has!!

Michelle - what a great guy you have for getting you flowers and chocolates for V-Day! In my above post to Rhonda I said that I can do without them, but in all honesty it would be nice to be "surprised" once in a while. That is AWESOME that your friend noticed that you are changing. That must have felt great, almost as great as those loose jeans!?!? I hope life calms down a little for you soon.

So, on to me..:7 ..I had a little melt-down last night and I need to air my bad mojo! So we went to IHOP for dinner last night, which was pre-planned. I had a short-stack of pancakes. Delish, and I ate every bite. I was very satisfied and not at all regretful. Then we got home and my parents came over with a little cake. I had a little sliver, still not regretting it. BUT THEN...AROUND 9:00...ALL HECK BROKE LOOSE. I ended up taking a fork to the left over cake, :eek: , AND eating a leftover Magic Bar, :eek: ! THEN I TOSSED IT ALL IN THE TRASH! And busied myself making an egg-white quiche and sweet potato fries. Then, I wrote it all down in my journal and MOVED ON! Man, that cake was good though. :9

Meals for today:

M#1: protein shake
M#2: egg-white quiche & sweet potato
M#3: salad 2/black beans & veggies
M#4: apple & string cheese
M#5: marinated grilled chicken, baked potato & veggie
M#6: choc/banana protein shake

I also didn't get my LB workout in last night so I'm doing it tonight and not taking a free day on Sunday. I'm just pushing everything out one day. I already planned out my LB workout last night, weights and all. I'm looking for a SERIOUS challenge tonight!

Okay, off to the grocery store to stock up on some good food!

Hi back again,

Melissa! OMG! Only kidding...;-) Aren't we all crazy these days. Slap that hand will you. Ok...at least you finished with making something good like the quiches. I guess having the pancakes first must have triggered your major sweet tooth devil.

Let's see...DS's excuse today. Didn't have his favorite jacket to wear because DSis wore it out running. Can you believe that! Anyway it was in the wash and it needed to be dried so we waited a bit before going. Can't wait for this week to be over! He has all next week off and he will have time get this current trickery out of his system.

Note of interest:
They have been reporting that drinks and foods made with fake sugar can trigger eating more sweets in the end. This totally defeats the purpose of trying to cut back on sugar.
In reading a great article in Science News...exercise helps to increase longevity by slowing the aging process at the chromosomal level. Of course we already new that exercise helps in many ways to increase your life span. Just another reason to keep at it.

Michelle: You have been doing awesome. Don't you just love that feeling of looser pants! Also, the good feeling that someone else noticed. :) Keep up the good work!

Workout finished. I am still having doms from that leg work the other day. I increased my weights by 5#'s and used my barbell instead of DB's. So my run wasn't as light footed as normal.
Going to have add a good stretch later today.

Sun is out! Ya!!!!
Well...off to work. BBL Heidi

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.