BFFM Checkin for Week Jan 7-13

Laura030403

Cathlete
I didn't see a check-in for BFFM so I thought I'd make one. Even if no one joins in I'll be using this to keep myself in line!! :)

I have gone grocery shopping today and I am ready to start BFFM tomorrow. I have a workout rotation put together for myself and I must have spent half of the day yesterday finding out how many calories I need and how many grams of protein, fat, and carbs I need to be eating throughout the day. I made a spreadsheet of my meals and my percentages and it felt great to look over it and see how much I accomplished--an eating plan JUST FOR ME!!

Right now I am weighing in at about 123 at 5'6''. I am not trying to lose any weight. I actually want to gain a little, get rid of the baby fat that I have been sitting on for the last three years (I hate sitting down with a nice fitting shirt on and my jelly rolls come out to say hi!!) :) haha.

Anyway, I will be in tomorrow to check-in on how my first day went (workout and eating). I would love it if you would like to join in the check-in! Have a great night and I'll 'see' ya tomorrow!!! :)

'Love every minute of what you do, otherwise, what's the point?'

Hi Laura-

I have the e-book but, honestly, haven't read it yet. I'll definitely follow what you're doing and maybe you can teach me things.

Oh....scary. I weigh 120-121 lbs at 5'. I definitely need to lose a few if you're 123 at 5'6".

I just started P90X (finishing up the first week) but I'm not really following that eating plan. Actually, all I'm doing is trying to eat as clean as possible. I'll take the BFFM book to work with me tomorrow and try to read a bit at lunchtime. I'd love a spreadsheet built for me and I should try to work one up.

Good luck. It's a great program I've heard.

Nancy

I have this book, too. Although I have not read the whole thing, Venuto makes the most sense of any fitness/diet approach I've seen. I think I would like to have it printed out, but it would be maddening to do so from home. Maybe I can put it on a CD and have it done at an Office Depot or something.

Anywho, I'm doing the same as Nancy -- just trying to eat healthy, work out hard, and I do zig zag my calories a bit. (I wasn't keeping track from T-giving through New Year's, though.) So I'm back on the wagon as of Jan. 1 with a goal of losing about 20 lbs.

I primarily run & lift weights (Cathe, of course), and I also work in k'boxing and yoga. I'd love to check in here on a weekly basis and share ideas, insights, and progress. Thanks for getting this started!

Cathy :)

Hi Nancy and Cathy!! Thank you for joining in.

Today was a good day and a bad day. I did really well with my eating and working out but I had such a bad headache that I skipped one of my meals (I wasn't that hungry so it truely wasn't that big of a deal today).

I did Low Impact Cardio today for the first time and boy was it a rush. I loved every minute of it. I was sweating so hard that when I was walking around the step and jumping up and down I had sweat literally flying off of me. It was great and I felt such a sense of accomplishment from it.

I didn't exactly read all of the book either. I had to print it out so that I could put it in front of my face and take notes. I schemed through most of the stuff about how to effectively lose weight and such as that is not my goal. I found it exhilerating to do the math and figure out what is just right for me and I soooooooo recommend doing that. I believe the equation is on page 107 or something around there. It shows you how to calculate how many calories you should be taking in, how to find out how to calculate how much grams of fat, carbs, and protein (% for the day) and whether or not you do the 55% carbs, 30% protein, and 15% fat (which is what I am currently working with)...I don't have it right in front of me so I couldn't tell you an exact page number. He highly suggested creating a spreadsheet for yourself to help you keep on track and I have done so. I would highly recommend it myself and I could send you a sample of my first week if you would like. I am still in the stages of perfecting it as this IS my first week but it's something that could help you get started anyway. I have myself eating 5 meals a day every 3 hours.

My meals today were:
Meal 1- 2 scoops of protein powder in 1 cup skim milk, 2 slices of whole wheat bread with 1 tsp peanut butter (sooo not enough peanut butter, but you sacrifice where you have to right?! hehehe)
Meal 2-3 egg whites, 1 whole wheat bagel, and 1 cup of strawberries.
Meal 3-4 oz extra lean ground turkey with 1 cup wild rice, and 2 cups of lettuce, 1 tomato, and 1 cup cucumber. Since I didn't add salad dressing to the salad I mixed it all together (pretty gross sounding, I realize) but it was actually pretty good. I was supposed to use brown rice for this meal but I got mixed up and used wild rice instead...oh well.
Meal 4-I actually didn't eat meal 4 because I had a headache and wasn't hungry at all. I don't like to force myself to eat if I'm truely not hungry you know?
Meal 5-I am in the process of cooking 4 oz salmon, 1 cup wild rice, and 1/2 cup corn.

Keep in mind that I am trying to maintain if not gain a little weight so I am taking in about 2175 calories a day (if not something close).

Well ladies, this about sums up my day. I hope you found it...well entertaining (?) haha. Have a wonderful night and I look forward to hearing from you ladies tomorrow. Tootles. :)

I thought I just posted - and then it was gone ????

I just wanted to say it looks like you're doing a great job planning and I'm sure you'll see the results you want.

Well, I started to read the BFFM book. I'm only up to "setting goals" and I'm already enjoying it. I like the way it's written. I can't wait to get to the part about calculating calories and percentages. I wonder what it will take me to lose these nasty 10 lbs. which are covering the muscles I know must be under there, lol.

Thanks for posting your menu. I'd love a copy of your spreadsheets if you get a minute. [email protected]

Nancy

Hi ladies,

This thread has inspired me to finally go & have the book printed, so after I pick it up from Kinko's tomorrow (wonder how much *that* will cost!), I'll begin a more in-depth reading and should be able to participate more here.

Have a great night!
Cathy :)

Hello everyone I am being sent out of town for a couple of weeks right now so I will be out of touch for a bit. Keep up the good work and I will 'see' everyone soon.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.