Barely Peepin' on Friday

berry99

Cathlete
Hi peeps. I'm in the PHiladelphia airport and exhausted. My in-laws already have plans for us for lunch so we are going to hit the ground running. I am so tired!! I hope to check in more extensively when we get to South Bend.

Me too Peeps

Karin- have a safe trip.

I must admit I am EXHAUSTED!!! Yesterday was crazy. I asked mt husband at 8pm "Is it rude to yell get the heck out of my house" on Christmas??? The party started at 1. It was 8 o'clock!!! I couldn't even talk anymore. Which would be akin to Cathe saying she couldn't exercise anymore!!!!!!

One more get together this morning. 11 am at my sisters house. Then I am coming come and collapsing!!!! The boys are tired too and tonite we head down the shore.

I hope everyone had a great Christmas

I'll BBL for more. I need 3 more cups of coffee first!
ellie

Safe travels, Karin!!

Ellie...call me later!!!

I had an unexpected Christmas gift yesterday...DW was put "on call" at work, and never got called in!!! Since DW is a registered nurse, I am somewhat used to spending Christmas Day alone, and celebrating when she gets home. But she was called at 6 am yesterday by the staff supervisor and placed on call, and we were eventually able to go to her cousins' for dinner last night, and had a great time.

DW got me a great Phillies World Series jacket, which I absolutely love!! My main gift to her was a pearl ring, which she absolutely loves, so no complaints on the gift department!! Well, almost no complaints...DW got me the board game version of the Christmas Story movie (You'll shoot your eye out, Ralphie)..this thing was the most horrible board game we've ever laid eyes on...the instructions were so convoluted, we just gave up and asked each other questions from the game. Turns out, we're not alone...I did a search on amazon.com, and every one of the reviews was terrible, for the exact reasons. The company that released the game is a collectibles dealer, and probably didn't have a game tester, so they just figured they'd get some sales simply from the packaging, which they certainly did..there's no way to even contact them. We had a good laugh about the whole thing, though!!

What wasn't so good was having my mom over our house Christmas Eve..she's going downhill fairly quickly, and it was apparent that we made a mistake taking her out of the nursing home..she did seem to enjoy a little of her time with us, but from here on out, we'll be spending holidays with her at her place!

DW's cousin (love ya, Cousin Joan...) gave me a gift certificate for Best Buy so I can get my Ipod Shuffle!!!

My one fitness related gift was a new pair of lifting gloves from DW...(sorely needed)

I think I am taking the weekend off from work outs, and starting my new rotation on Monday, and I don't ever want to see an M & M filled cookie for as long as I live!!

Anxious to hear if Santa was good to my fellow Peeps!!

BBL!

Guten Morgen, Peeps!

Well, this morning I did Patrick G's ABC Stability Ball workout. Not sure what I think of this. There's some turns and backwards toward the screen stuff (I'm HORRIBLE at learning that--remember, I'm still learning hitch kick shuffle on HIS, I got that in JULY) and I need a bit bigger ball for this to be comfortable. I need to do it a few more times and then I'll tell you what I think for sure. I don't feel like I got a good workout (usually I never do the first time through with something because I'm in the "learning mode) but hey, I moved!

Last night was fun! We had Christmas dinner at my Mom's--ham, green bean casserole, sweet potato casserole...and then we opened presents. Houdini had a blast--she got Elmo's Diner, a restaurant/kitchen type set, and all the characters talk to you when you open the Oscar Fridge, Cookie Monster oven, etc. The best part--a cash register that beeps and a real drive through microphone you can talk in! My sister and I had a blast with that, probably more than Houdini did...

I've attached a picture of Houdini and me and my sister here from last night. I will have more xmas pictures on my home page for those who need a Houdini fix!

Today I am taking Houdini to Whole Foods. We are going to make sea salt chocolate chunk cookies as our project this afternoon and I need flakey sea salt. (Yes, Jerry, Monday can't come soon enough--all baking is cut off at that point in my house and it's time to CIRCUIT those cookies off my butt!) I'm also trying a new salad out of my Giada cookbook I got yesterday--cantelope, arugula and orange vinagerette. Just what I need to balance out cookie butt!!! LOL!

Karin--Safe travels to Indiana! I'll be glad when you'll be back in communication!!!!
:)

Ellie--I'm so there with you! I took a TWO HOUR NAP yesterday. And I'm NOT a nap taker! DH passed out on the sofa, Houdini in her room, me in the master bedroom. It was hard to get up to go to my Mom's! I swear I could have slept for three more hours....

Jerry--What a wonderful Christmas you had! I bet you can't wait to get to Best Buy!!!!

Shouts outs to all the Peeps who are coming--I'll probably be here on and off all day since we're at home today!!

:) Wendy

Attachments

• Christmas 2008 051.jpg
    Christmas 2008 051.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 17
Good morning peeps!

Karin, I hope you get a rest at some point!

Ellie, I think going to the shore will be a great thing! Aren't you happy that Christmas is only once a year?!?

Jerry, what an unexpected wonderful gift! I remember being on call and hating it! How sweet that she wasn't called in!

DH and I will be going to the Forrest theater tomorrow night to see "A Chorus Line" I LOVE that show! I wanted to take the whole family to see it but when I realized how much it would cost the 5 of us to go - reality hit:mad: So, DH got tickets for the 2 of us. The kids were happy with their other gifts so I don't think they cared.

I will try to clear the LR floor so I can get a DM premix in. My eating has been soooo bad. I'm just like a vacuum cleaner! I hope all these goodies are gone soon!!

Hey Peepers! Sounds like Christmas was pretty good all around. We had a fairly quiet day around the house yesterday. It was the first year EVER that my side of the family wasn't over! My dad and my older brother both have new jobs that didn't let them get away for a few days of vacation. My younger brother worked, but his wife came over for Christmas dinner (and I sent her home with a huge plate of leftovers for him!).

DD got a Wii Fit yesterday, and she spent about an hour and a half in two chunks of time on that thing. She really likes the jogging, which is good because she needs to work on her cardiovascular health...she didn't do so well in that department when they had their physical fitness tests at school. The Wii Fit is pretty fun. For someone that exercises regularly, it's not going to get your heart rate up TOO much, but I think it's great because it tracks your weight/BMI, and you set goals.

DH got me something that I can use to listen to my ipod in the car with! I'm so excited, because the CD player in our car doesn't read the CDs when the car is really cold. It takes about half an hour for it to warm up enough that it will read the CDs with no problem. I have errands to run today so you can be sure I'll try it out! I spent a while on the computer yesterday putting a bunch more music on my ipod (instead of just workout music) so I can listen to things in the car!!

I've got lots to do, lots of baking of cookies, fudge, and pumpkin bread for Sunday's Christmas get together at the in-laws. And I'll be sure to let everyone take some home with them so I don't have to take them home with us!

Well, I'm off. Not sure what I'm going to do exercise-wise today. But I have a little time to think about it while my breakfast digests. Have a great day everyone!!

Hi Peeps!

Sounds like I'm the only one that DIDN'T have a fun, yet hecktic and exhausting, Christmas! In fact, it was pretty much like any other day here... DH made a HUGE fat-filled breakfast consisting of Muffin, Egg, Canadian Bacon, and LOADS of cheese sauce... We don't make this very often any more, but it is certainly YUMMY! I could actually just fall face first into the pan and be perfectly happy.. May as well just smear it all over my stomach and butt however! That's where it is today! HA!

I WILL BE WORKING OUT TODAY!!! Don't wnat to kill myself as it has been almost 2 weeks since I have managed a workout, but probably a total body circuit premix from BC, MM, ME or DM will be on the agenda!

I don't know Peeps... I think I will have to do Christmas the proper way next year, as well as Thanksgiving! I just feel so bah-humbug about the whole season... so will see if that will help a little of the Holiday Blues...

Tomorrow is DH's 50th birthday and I had to cancel his surprise party at our favorite local watering hole because everyone was out of town and only had one YES RSVP... So, we will have a party when we can be outside and cook lots of goodies on the grill... I made reservations for Emeril's Delmonico's steak house at the Venetian tomorrow night, and we can't wait!!! WE absolutely ADORE that place! You can never go wrong with a good steak!

Karin: thanks for checking in and we hope you have more safe travels and finally get in a good rest!

Ellie: I do remember those days of endless holiday family gatherings... I am glad that I am not near family for most of the year, but during the Holidays now, being so far away from everyone, I do miss them... even if I was the one always leaving early! :) Enjoy your time down the shore!

Jerry: sounds like you guys had a great Christmas surprise with DW not being called in and were able to really celebrate together! we will be expecting a full report on your Ipod adventure! Don't blame you for suspending workouts... I think I just needed a mental break so am happy to get back into them today!

Wendy: What a sweet picture! You should update your Avatar... you guys have changed a bit since then (both have more hair! :)) I love your style! Enjoy your cookie making days, as like you said, can't wait until they are over... Like every holiday I have done my best to overindulge accidentally on purpose... but have to get very serious starting next week!

Phyllis: I can completely relate to your Vacuum cleaner comparison! If it's not nailed down, it's in my mouth and gone straight to my fat butt! Have a wonderful time at your movie today with DH...

Jill: hope you and family enjoy the Wii Fit! you are wise getting DD and all into the mindset of getting fit and being mindful of the whole relationship between food, exercise and your health as you age... I wish I had been more active when I was a kid... I was pretty much a couch potato and nothing much has changed, except now I sit on leather with a computer in my lap watching a big screen! HA!

SO, 2009 is right around the corner, next week starts our few weeks of circiut rotations before STS and I am recommitting to making this coming year the best (in so many areas)!!!

Cheers and hugs to all Peeps who follow! Will BBL to check on y'all!

Last edited:
Peeps:

ITA about barely peeping:confused: I am so tired this morning. We had a great time with my family here. I am truly blessed that my parents, most siblings and nephews/nieces are so close and love spending time together. I just wish my brother/SIL/nephews could have been here...they live in TX. Lots of fun & laughs, good food, a few drinks...it doesn't get much better!

Karin~ Wishing you safe travels and hope you get some rest!

Ellie~ My DH actually fell asleep in the chair but my family is used to that and continued to party without him;) A bunch of us stay up til 12:30 playing games.

Wendy~ Loved the picture! High fives for working out this morning. I have been so sporadic that it is getting too easy to blow it off. I will be doing CCPP tomorrow.

Jerry~ How nice that you were able to spend the day with DW. Sounds like you got some wonderful gifts. My DD is seriously considering nursing and has sent out her college applications for a number of nursing programs.

Phyllis~ Enjoy the show. It's too bad ticket prices have to be so high. I took DH, DS, DD to "A Christmas Carol" a few years ago and it almost broke the bank:confused:

Jill~ Enjoy your iPod player for your car. What workout did you decide to do?

Dani~ Your breakfast yesterday has me drooling! I seem to do less every year with the holidays in terms of decorating, baking, sending cards, etc... We didn't even hang lights outside which we have always done. Sending hugs to shoo away those blues;) Happy Birthday to DH!! 50 is a milestone (my DH turns 50 next year). Enjoy your dinner.

Well, I better pull my cookie filled butt off this chair and workout. I got Powerstrike 5 from my sister so I think I'll give that a try today. Have a good one.......

JJ

Dani--Per your request, I have updated my picture, LOL! Don't be so hard on yourself for not being in the mood this season--you've had a LOT of stress! Possibly moving...issues with the boss...issues with DH over going to holiday parties and how much "holiday beverage consumption" would take place...then you go to the doctor and are told you need a stress test...Yeah, I wouldn't be in the most festive mood, either!! I think you start with us on Monday with the workout rotation, I'll help in any way I can on the food front, and we'll ALL get 2009 started on the right foot. Then, for holiday season 2009, you will already be set up for feeling more festive. There! Feeling better?

JJ--Trust me, if I didn't have Cookie Butt, I would have skipped Patrick G this morning...

Phyllis--How fun! Enjoy A Chorus Line tonight!

The salad I made from the new Giada cookbook was a winner! I loved the combo of arugula, walnuts, shaved parmesean and canteloupe with an orange-raspberry balsamic dressing. It was just the thing after all this indulging to eat simply and nutritiously! I think this salad would be just as good with spinach, too...

Our new HD TV is installed! Hurray! Houdini is now enjoying Noggin as I type...it's in the 70's here today but really muddy outside from rain this morning. And kind of humid. Blah....

Lovely Avatar Wendy! so cute, both of you! :)

and now that you spell it out that way, yeah I guess that would explain my lack of Holiday Cheer! Thanks for putting it in perspective! :eek: I am so looking for 2009!

OH.. is your orange/rasp balsalmic dressing from a bottle or did you make it from scratch? I would LOVE the brand/recipe! I love balsalmic! mostly on french bread with olive oil and a sprinkle of sea salt, but also in pasta salads, etc... maybe it would be yummy on salads...

also anyone... do you think that instant oatmeal has the same benefit as say, steel cut oatmeal? I don't generally have time for cooking the real deal at least during the week, so have instant at work in the mornings, but have heard that oatmeal is good for reducing cholesterol and to take the 30 day challenge from Quaker.. just wondering any of your thoughts!

Also, what is your take on taking Cinnamon capsuls to help reduce cholesterol? a few of my co-workers gave me a bottle awhile ago, and they have been taking it, but no direct evidence that it was a cause of their reduced chol levels...

hope you are all having a wonderful day!

Dani--Here's the recipe:

Orange Vinaigrette (From Giada de Laurentiis's Giada's Kitchen)

1/4 cup orange juice
1 tablespoon fresh squeezed lemon juice (usually I just squeeze 1/2 a lemon for a TBSP)
1 1/2 tablespoons raspberry vinegar (I used raspberry balsamic vinegar)
3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
salt and fresh pepper for seasoning

Mix orange juice, lemon juice and raspberry vinegar in a bowl. Gradually whisk in olive oil. Season with salt and pepper to taste.

Now, about the oatmeal--I don't know if it makes a difference or not, but I eat at work and only use instant every morning. I don't have time to cook it at home and eat before I go. I eat it every day, M-F, without fail. It's just so good for you! It's also a great way to add in fruit (to get those servings of fruit/vegetables up.) I usually do plain, organic oatmeal with flax seeds (good for heart health--ground up, sprinkled over it) then add dried cranberries, golden raisins, dried figs, dried apricots, or frozen raspberries, throw in some walnuts if not using them in a salad for lunch, and after heating, drizzle with a little flavored Coffee-Mate. (If you wanted to be really healthy, skip the Coffee-Mate and use a little evaporated skim milk.) Delicious! So delicious that I eat it even when it's like 85 degrees in the morning in the summer...

Just poke me in the eye and get it overwith! - LONG, sorry!

Okay, no workout today...I went straight into 'run' mode. First was a few errands with DD, along with a nice lunch for the two of us. When we got home, I started doing my baking. The fudge went well. Then came the snickerdoodles. I made a batch and both cookie sheets' worth BURNED!! So, I made another batch (from scratch, of course) and used different cookie sheets and put them both on the upper rack and they burned as well! Out of two whole batches made, I got about 8 good cookies (enough to share with my mom when she comes to town...she loves them!).

I'm supposed to also make pumpkin bread and some brownies and a different kind of cookie, but I'm not making anything else right now. I'm waiting until the oven cools completely so I can clip an oven thermometer in there and see if there is a problem with the heating element and it's running too hot. Ugh, I just want to kick it.

Not to mention that DD has a loose tooth that hurts so it looks like I'll have to take her to the dentist next week (and we don't have any coverage and I take her to a pediatric dentist where she's more comfortable...therefore it's more expensive). And DD is having a sleepover tonight, but her friend isn't as loud and giggly as the one that slept over a few weeks ago.

I'd love to just pull the covers up over my head right now, but they're in the dryer. LOL Okay, I vented a bit but it's really not so bad. We may have to use the microwave oven until our regular oven is fixed. Our microwave oven is on the verge of detonating - okay, not really, but sometimes it sounds like it - and I was actually out pricing microwaves today.

But despite all this, I have so much to be thankful for!! A nice, comfortable warm house, a temporary job that is helping to pay our bills since DH isn't working too much due to the winter (he's a utility locator), a family that I adore and we get along well, my Peep friends, the ability to not only physically exercise, but also the ability to actually enjoy it as well!! And I could go on and on and on.

Hi Peeps! We made it and I have my butt firmly planted on a couch. I am not sure, but I think I might be coming down with something. I have a headache, a sore throat, and am freezing cold. I am going to take some ibuprofen and sleep. If I am not feeling better tomorrow I will go get some sinus medicine.

Our trip was certainly eventful today. We got out of Philadelphia on time and got into Cleveland with no issues. They boarded our plane to South Bend on time and it was one of those little prop planes. Well we sat there with the door open in the freezing cold for about 20 minutes while they filled up the fuel tank. Then the lovely captain tells us that it is freezing rain in South Bend and that we couldn’t take off, but we had to wait on the plane until the others that were boarding other planes at the regional gate were cleared out of the way. So, we were sitting in the freakin’ plane for 45 minutes with an open door and no heat.

We were delayed 2 hours and finally took off. We landed without issue, but once we were taxiing to the gate, the plane was slipping all over the place. It was so scary. The roads were horrible and it took my in-laws 2 hours to get to the airport when it normally takes about 45 minutes. Then it took us an additional hour to get our bags and we had to go and be nice at our little lunch outing with some family friends. I hadn’t eaten anything since 6 am and we had lunch around 2 pm. I kept it together, but I was so tired and hungry and felt like crap.

I am glad that we are here and we don’t have to see another airport until Tuesday.

Ellie – how was your get together at your sister’s house today?

Jerry – that’s wonderful that your DW didn’t get called into work.

Wendy – OMG, that picture of you and Avery is beautiful. I love it!!!! I once tried one of Patrick’s workouts on FitTV with the ball and it was weird to say the least. I agree that it would take me awhile to figure out the choreography. My nephew got an Elmo laptop yesterday and my SIL and brother were ready to take the batteries out of that bad boy. Elmo was driving them nuts. I hope he is not driving you nuts yet.

Phyllis – have fun at Chorus Line tomorrow. Is that the musical with the song “One, singular sensation every little step he takes…”

Jill – ugh, more baking!!! I don’t want to bake again for at least 3 months. Good luck!

Dani – what workout did you do today? Sorry your Christmas was less than stellar. I think that you are right that you have to work to make it a little special. DH and I had a pathetic Christmas in 2006 with no tree, no gifts…. It didn’t even feel like Christmas and I felt like Ms. Scrooge. Have fun at DH’s b-day celebration tomorrow. About oatmeal, I eat mine at work, like Wendy, and get the organic Costco brand oatmeal. I add dried blueberries and vanilla soy milk. I don’t have time to dink around with cooking oatmeal and I figure this is better than Count Chocula :).

JJ – glad you had a great Christmas. We have family that lives in Apple Valley, MN and we talked to them yesterday and they told us how cold it was there. BRRR!

PEEPS

DH, DS's and I are wiped out!!!!!
It was a long day at my sister's house. My nephew was coming up from VA and it took them 4 1/2 hours!!! They have a little guy 18 months old (yes, I have a 5 year old and my 31 yr old nephew has children), so we had to wait
Once they arrived we all had a wonderful time but I am just done!!!
We were suppossed to leave for the shore tonight, but both DH and I are too tired to drive.

I can not believe what a whirlwind the past week has been. I also can't believe what the scale said today!!! I won't even bother to tell you guys all the junk and crap that I ate. I am gross. When does it just become gluttony?? Because I ate enough for 4 people!!!

The boys had a wonderful Christmas and I had a wonderful time watching them. The joy on their faces is priceless.
DH and I really don't exchange gifts because it's all about the kids to us. But we do a few gag gifts. He got me a GIGANTIC remote control because I am always searching for it, and can never see it, always push the wrong buttons etc. I laughed hysterically!!! And then I programmed it for the TV!!!!

Wendy- I love the new pic. I'm so glad Houdini had fun. And I always look forward to your recipes, cause I steal (borrow) quite a few of them!!
You worked out today???? You go girl.

Dani- sometimes the holidays are just overwhelming. It's only really fun for me right now because of the boys. Otherwise I dread all the obligations. Sometimes I just want to stay home with my family. And RELAX

Phyllis- Enjoy the show!!! It's impossible for families to enjoy the "arts" anymore. The prices are just ridiculous! We try to always do a cultural or music event for the boys. We usually find a free one or very low cost. They are too young to pay for theater tickets.

Jill- My oven doubles as my smoke detector. I really need a new one, but don't want to put out the money right now. It either underheats or gets sooo hot that everything burns. Like the rolls are burnt on the bottom but the inside is still raw!!! Pretty soon DH is just going to go get one so I better get it myself. He likes to upgrade!!!! Yikes. How old are your DD's???

JJ- I am so glad you had such a nice time with your family. We have a very large family and sometimes it's just overwhelming. And considering that most of us live within a 10 mile radius, we see each other like EVERYDAY!!!
I am youngest of 4 and my older sisters have grandchildren!! My husband is the youngest of 7 and his siblings have grandchildren the same age as my boys. He's Irisn, I'm Irish, you get the picture!!!!!!

Jerry- I hope it's not too late to call!!! I know it's only 7:30 but it feels like midnight to me. The boys are in bed and i am headed up shortly. We are leaving early am for the shore.

Karin- that's why I am TERRIFIED to fly!!!!! And there is no way I am getting on a PROP plane. I was nervous just reading your post. Get some sleep tonight. When I am over tired, I get sick to my stomach. I hope you enjoy your trip. When are you heading home????

To ALL my PEEPS, have a great night. I'll see you in the morning. I bring my laptop to the shore house, so I won't miss anything!!!

ellie

Last edited:
Karin - I'm so glad you got there okay...sorry you're feeling poopy, though :( And I'm with Ellie...the thought of getting on a prop plane scares the you know what out of me and I don't think I could ever do it. Hopefully you'll feel better with some rest. All the traveling is probably wreaking havoc on your immune system and when you're tired, it's even worse. Take care of yourself!!

Ellie - My daughter is 9, going on 16. Her friend that is spending the night is a very nice girl, though, so it's no big deal. She had another friend over a few weeks ago who was so noisy and giggly that it drove me bonkers. I'm glad they're having fun as DD doesn't get to play with her as often now that I'm working.

I tried the oven thermometer and I think it's the wrong kind...maybe it's for a turkey or something, it has a hugely long 'stem' on it, but it has a clip that looks like you use it to hang the thermometer in the oven. But it was registering 50* lower than what I set it for. I think I would just feel better if I gave that oven a really nice sidekick. I think I'll wait till morning to see if baking the brownies work...I'm having no more to do with it tonight!

And guess what?! My husband's stepmom said they have an extra microwave they can give us! They had bought one for their trailer but their new trailer came with one, so they have one sitting unused in their basement. How fabulous is that?!

About prop planes and flying... I have to say that I am blessed to not really be afraid of flying, which is weird considering I hate heights and am very scared of them. I am just grateful that I don't have that fear on top of all the others I am getting as I age :rolleyes:. So, Ellie and Jill I am glad that I was the one on the prop plane sliding around and not you guys!!!

Ellie
- have fun at the shore! My dad said it is supposed to be 65 degrees in NJ on Sunday. What a great time to be down there. Do you guys have a house down there?

Jill - sorry that your oven is acting up and that you only had 8 salvageable snickerdoodles! That's awesome about the microwave.

Karin--You are just like my DH--no fears of flying on any kind of plane, yet he HATES heights. I'm pretty OK on airplanes--as long as they are no smaller than a 737 or regional jet--I'm like Ellie, I can't do props. I will look through flight schedules and arrange my travel around them at all costs.

Another phobia I have that is super weird is fish. Like the idea of touching fish skin completely grosses me out. I don't like swimming in lakes or oceans because if it. EWH! Give me a pool, please, and no fish allowed!!! And I will not eat any fish served to me that has a tail or fish skin on it...GAG! I just cannot stand it!!!

See? I told you it was super weird!!

Jill--My oven is 25 degrees off. (I learned this from the guy who did our home inspection.)So I always have to remember to adjust it every time I bake something. Very annoying, but if you adjust it, your stuff should be fine.

Ellie--Safe travels to the shore and we'll hear from you when you get there!!!

Night, y'all! (There's a little Texan speak for you guys!)

Karin--You are just like my DH--no fears of flying on any kind of plane, yet he HATES heights. I'm pretty OK on airplanes--as long as they are no smaller than a 737 or regional jet--I'm like Ellie, I can't do props. I will look through flight schedules and arrange my travel around them at all costs.

So getting to DH's former employers Fishing Lodge... try sitting in a little 2-seater on floats/pontunes for 30 minutes, taking off a lake barely long enough to hold an olympic sized swimming pool, with a tail full of luggage, and a belly tank full of fuel... felt every little wind gust like an invisible speed bump in the air... all this after a little prop-plane. Funny thing was that I had to sit on my hands, because both seats had the "stick" to stear the plane, and I kept reaching for it! UGH! It's a good thing I don't get seasick or airsick because I spent most of the trips back and forth with my eyes closed!

Unfortunately, you had to take the same plane back! no roads in or out, so ya gotta do whatcha gotta do... white knuckles and all! DH is also deathly afraid of heights, but didn't seem to mind doing daily trips in these flying bathtubs with wings... go figure!

Moral of my story: it could ALWAYS be worse!

Wendy: lol on your fish thing... me too! don't even THINK of serving me one that still has a head and eyeballs either!!! I'll stick to my Albacore Tuna in a can!

Jill: that sucks about the oven, but YEAH for the microwave! I tried to bake a pie in my gas oven over Thanksgiving, but for some reason (I think mostly because I left in the pizza stone) but the edges were done, but the inside and bottom were still raw dough! same with my Russian Tea Cakes I made for the cookie exchange... bottoms were brown, but inside was still a bit raw... thank goodness no one really noticed since they are covered in powdered sugar! Hopefully you can find a better thermometer and will be able to tell how badly the temp is off... and you will be able to make adjustments in the mean time!

Ellie: Travel safely! will you just be there for the weekend or longer? hope it is a nice relaxing weekend!

Nite NIte to all the rest of you Peepers!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.