Back in the Game 3/6

dianet

Cathlete
Yes, I must be either on a different time zone or y'all don't get to the computer until later in the day. It is 9:30 here, I am settling in for a day of work, sipping on my Starbucks skinny vanilla latte and eating some yogurt for breakfast. Too bad I have a cold and everything tastes funny.

So I didn't workout yesterday, even though DH came home early to take Ella for a run, because my nose was so plugged up I could hardly breathe and the head congestion was just painful. Still the same this morning. So I don't think I will be working out until I can actually breathe while sitting and doing nothing.

Robin - Sorry about your MIL. I hope she heals quickly. Yea about the road trip! I hope to join y'all one day, when I actually am able to do cathe workouts again ;) What kind of veggie dinner did you make?

Jodi - I hope your appointment goes well today.

Mary - How old are your girls? Kudos to you for taking charge of your kids education. I don't know if I have the patience. We are in the process of figuring out where in the city we want to move long term, and the only places with great public schools are either $1 million+ for a house or out in the burbs with an hour commute to work. We are considering private school but it is just so expensive.

Hi Diane. Sorry about the head cold. Did you get it from Ella and her pre-school buddies? I made open face asparagus cheddar sandwiches last night. They have lots of garlic and almonds, along with the asparagus and cheese, on pumpernickle bread.Yummy.

Today I'm hoping to get to PLB after work. See you all later.

Hi ladies~:D I am so glad that today is Friday!

Diane ~ I'm sorry to hear that you aren't feeling so good. Smart choice to skip to workout yesterday, you probably would've made yourself feel worse. 1 million for a house??? :eek:

Michele ~ what are you up to today?

Robin ~ so what did you have for dinner last night? What book are you reading ? That is too bad about your MIL. At least she is close so you can go and visit her. Gannon is 3 - I can't believe how quick time passes. No, I'm not going on the RT. I am not a very outgoing person so there is no way I'd go. I'm sure you and Michele will have a blast. Anything exciting planned for the weekend? It is supposed to be nice this weekend - I am so ready for the spring!

Mary ~ how did your class go last night? Did you get another project?

Jodi ~ what did the doc say?

Last night I did STS Disk 8 which was great! I just walked 2 miles during my lunch break. I wanted to take another walk tonight but my friend just called to see if I'd be home tonight so I probably won't get a workout in. Tomorrow wis STS Disk 9 - Legs :confused::confused:

Have a great rest of the day all!

Happy Friday!

Robin-- first things first! Your dinner sounds so awesome! My DDs would not like it one bit, but it sounds heavenly to me :)

Diane-- My DDs are five and seven. So approx. kindergarten and 1st grade. I am not the most patient person either, but homeschooling really works well in our lifestyle. Almost all of our friends homeschool as well, so it really is great for our girls. I remember my school days (20+ years ago!) and would not wish my girls to be involved with all the garbage there, among other reasons. I could go on and on about the benefits, but I will spare you all ;)

Dana-- I finished my two pillowcases yesterday! Woo Hoo! My DH and I slept on them last night. We are making an apron for our next project. I love aprons and am very excited to pick out the material for a new one. My DD choose one that looks like a pinafore! Cute :)

Robin-- Sorry to hear about your MIL. My family goes to a nursing home on Sundays (we do a church service for them and visit) and it is a hard place to be sometimes. I imagine it can be very discouraging for someone who has to stay there and rehab must be tough at her age.

Michele-- How are you!?

Jodi-- How is your wrist? I hope the dr. can take care of it and you can get back at your workouts right away! That must be fun to workout with your DH. My DH sometimes comes in while I'm working out but so far has no desire to join me. Maybe I look funny :rolleyes::D. He is getting his swimming and running done, so he does his and I do mine.

Oh, I forgot again. I did CC V8 this morning and it was so awesome! I feel great right now. CC usually gets me pretty jazzed up for the day. My eating is going pretty well. I am not snacking as much and last night I made some oatmeal cinnamon scones (for a baby shower) and only had a small bite. But I did have a piece of this delightful almond scented vanilla cake with sliced almonds and raspberries! Oh my! I cannot stop cold turkey! ;)

Have a wonderful Spring Ahead weekend ladies!!

All done with PLB. The ball work on that workout always gets me!

Dana, we are going to the Finger Lakes for the weekend. I'll think of you if we pass the winery that makes Red Cat! Gosh, I think you were just pregnant when I started posting on Cathe.com. Time sure flies. I wasn't going to go to the RT until I saw Michele was planning on going. I'm so excited about getting to meet her!

Mary, good job with the pillow cases! I got a couple aprons for Christmas. I love to use them when I'm baking. Which I also love to do. My DD, who is 21, doesn't care for the asparagus sandwiches either. That's why I make them when she has an evening class.

We are going to a friends house for dinner. Their oldest son is home from Seattle for a visit and is cooking us beef wellington.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.