August Check In ## Thursday 28th ##

ShyWolf

Cathlete
G'Morning All!

treeswing.gif

I'm sorely tempted to take a rest day this morning.
bathtime.gif

Slept good and sound and DH is off of work so he is home this morning.
inlove2.gif

We have to go run out and get our DS's birthday present as he turns 16 on Monday Sept 1st, I also need to go order his cake , I expect to have a bunch of teenaged boys over this weekend and esp. on my son's birthday on Monday so we'll be setting up the XBOX and WII in the living room where the 57" wide screen is at - Can anyone say Rock Band? :cool:
123.gif

Ahhh who am I kidding I'll be doing HIS today
129fs370785.gif

Have a Great Day Chicas & I'll try to BBL

picture.php

Good Morning
Is everyone up? LOL
Vilma WOW your house is going to be really loud this weekend!! Is he wanting a car now? Have fun doing HIS love that one:)!
Today is GS chest and back.
Have a great day
Randi

Good morning Vilma and Randi..

Today's workout is suppose to be a cycle class or bike ride. It is raining here. So, I will be pulling out one of those classic step workouts I think. Maybe something off the Volume 1 DVD or Cardio Hits.

Vilma: Enjoy HIS and time with your hubby! I hope your still sane after that Birhtday party. LOL

Randi: I am up..Everyone else in the house is still snoozing though. I like to get on the computer before everyone else is up and about if I can. Have a great workout. Are you feeling any better?

Vilma: I love your simile men!! Where do you get them? And how do you post them here? They just make me smile so much!

Good Morning Everyone!!

OMG..VILMA! Did you steal my life? :D MY son's 13th Birthday is MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 1st, and he's having a bunch of friends over for a sleepover tomorrow night! AND... he's getting Rock Band for his birthday, for the WII! Isn't that crazy?

But I'm not doing HIS today. I'm going to do BC/Bi's & tri's and then do a run at the park after lunch...

AND, MY BOYS ARE ALL IN THEIR FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL TODAY! AND IT'S QUIET AS A MOUSE HERE! WOOOO HOOOO! I'M BEYOND EXCITED!

Oddly enough, I For some reason, got all misty eyed when ZACH (my oldest) got on his bus! What the heck? He was sweet though, all morning. He hugged the cats and me (not his brothers......and told me, "Mom, I'll miss you most of all" (like on Wizard of OZ, my favorite movie))

But the 2 others, it didn't even make my heart hurt for a second! (Though Jakey was cute as a damn BUTTON!!).

Okay, off to work OUT ALONE and then I'll BBL!

Good morning! Chris, you are too funny!

Ok, so it's my younger son's birthday tomorrow!!! Lots of birthdays. We are keeping it low key here. He's turning 7, and my mom's coming to celebrate, but no big party. But, get this, he wants blondies to take in to school to share with his friends, and he wants me to bake his cake. Tonight we have piano lessons, so I'll have to make the blondies after dinner, and then tomorrow I'm going to stay home from work to bake the cake and clean the house.

I did take an unplanned rest day today!! I was going to do the drill max cardio, and really looked forward to it, but maybe since I've been getting up more than an hour earlier this week, I was just too too too tired when my alarm went off this morning. I woke up from a dream that involved Obama, my older son, and a coworker from almost 20 years ago. Bizarre! My knees have been having twinges lately when I work out -- there's been a lot of cardio lately -- and so between that and the tiredness, I decided to rest. I may try to do drill max cardio on Sunday.

Have a terrific Thursday!

-Beth

Wow, Happy Birthday to all the children...That is alot of birthday's together..

Chris: Enjoy your quiet time..The school picked an odd day to start on a Thursday. Are these two days like an orientation days or something? I think the kids around here go back on Tuesday. I think I would cry if one of my kids told me that..How sweet!! Enjoy that birthday party..Cardio for me today..

Beth: my kids always want me to bake their cakes..Sometimes they want me to create designs on it that I really have to think about. I made a cars cake for Chris one year and I had a scene from the movie to copy. I took a little while.. Hope those knees feel better and enjoy that rest!!

Awww, Chris, your boys sound so sweet!! It's normal to want to have some alone time but still miss them. Or least feel a twinge of remorsefulness when they get on the bus. ;) I had a similar experience after all my ranting and rambling yesterday (sorry about that!). This morning I was working out (did 4DS biceps and triceps and B&G minus the "G") and my daughter woke up. I was doing the floor stuff with the ball. She grabbed her playground ball and started doing those side lift thingies. She was grunting and groaning along with me. OMG, she was just so doggone cute doing it! Then I'm trying to get out the door to go to work and everyone has to hug me at least twice and tell me they love me more than the others do! Colin tried to get into the car with me. So, I guess they're not half bad after all. ;)

Wow, Chris and Vilma, lots of teenage boy hysteria going on at your houses this weekend! Actually sounds like fun! Happy birthday to both your boys! We have a September birthday in our house, too. Actually two of them. Caitlyn will be 6 on Sept. 6 and Jameson will be 12 on the 27th. We're having a princess and pirate party for Caitlyn's with 19 kids. I had the good sense to have it at our park district instead of our basement!

Beth, happy birthday to your son too! Yep, definitely sounds like you need a well-deserved rest. From workouts, at least! I have all kinds of strange dreams. I should write them down when I wake up cause I can never remember the details later on - only that they were quite strange.

Kathy, enjoy your vintage step workout! You'll have to report back on the outfits! ;)

Randi, GS chest and triceps killed me last time I did it!

I added on leg work today 'cause it doesn't seem like there was much leg work in this rotation and that's definitely my weakness. I may do an itread during my lunch.

Have a great day all....

Joanne

FUN FUN FUN! :)

I got BC done and Bi's and Tri's. I love when my husband catches part of BC, he rolls his eyes at the craziness of it! He watched me do the Football drills & push-ups... he's like, "YOU are one crazy chick!"

I'm chilling a bit, ate my yogurt, and then going to go for a nice 30 or so minute run at the park with my iPod CRANKED up with new music,and then hit some errands too. :)

How fun is this?? (am I going to burn myself out the first day? LOL!!)

Vilma: Hope you enjoy the day with hubby and HIS! (and NO kids!!). And I also LOVE your smilies! they are so funny!

Randi: Hope you kicked butt with GS Chest & Back! How are you feeling today?

Kathy: Sorry you have rain! ick! I bet you'll have fun with an "oldie but a goodie"! Let us know how it goes... Yeah, I know. Our town is one of the first to start school around here. Most are waiting until after Labor Day. But I'm not complaining! I'm sure they'll have an easy 2 days...

Beth: Happy Birthday to your son! My youngest is going to be 7 on 9/14. Our babies! they always will be won't they? OMG..I wish I could have some Blondies! That sounds so good! I know, I'm going to have to get something going for my 2nd son's birthday NEXT week for school! .... It definitely sounds like your body needs rest. And good for you for listening! Another OMG!, ... I had the SAME weird dreams last night! Well, almost the same. I dreamed about Biden and Obama and the convention (I fell asleep at the end of Biden's speech). But I was tossing & turning most of the night, it was disturbing! LOL!.

Joanne: I know, one minute you're ready to throw them out on a curb , and the next they do something so sweet! My boys always group hug me before I go to work too! I go 2 nights a week, and they act like I'm going away forever!... I read that August was the most popular month for bdays, but I truly think it's September! Good workout, BTW! i was thinking there were very little lower body work in this rotation too. I'm hoping my run today will count for lower body and the missed day of cardio I'll have because of my rest day Sunday...

okay.. off to get ready to go to the park! :D

Joanne, sounds like you had a great kid morning -- makes up for a lot of stuff, doesn't it?! Maybe they all sort of picked up on your vibes from yesterday and wanted you to know how much you really are appreciated. Don't worry about the venting! I read everyone's posts last night and wished we could all have a big group hug! :)

Chris, I was watching convention stuff on youtube just before I fell asleep, so I'm sure that played o intit. So funny we're dreaming of the politicians!

Everyone's having great workouts it looks like -- you all rock!

-Beth

OMG! :(

You guys are just gonna laugh at me but I am still in tears...
sigh.gif

My DD is officially a licensed driver
wind14.gif
and my heart felt like it was caught in my throat and I just bawled like a baby!
tissue.gif

I just hugged her and congratulated her then told her she's not supposed to grow up anymore! DH took her to the DMV as I was all sweated up from my WO this am.

What the heck is the matter with me anyway?
352nmsp.gif

Oh geesh I can't take it!
3572.gif

Okay so yes I did do HIS along w/ chest & back- another good one that had my HR up.

I've decided to not do any cardio tomorow and just do Tri's & Bi's from 4DS I'm skipping the BC (for some reason I don't particularly care for that cardio out of the 4DS)

Ok so I need to go blow my nose and wash my face as my eyes are probably red now I'm such a sap
128fs4765852.gif
.... will BBL for personals

picture.php

So I is back for personals
dancegirl2.gif
… my eyes are now dry, my sniffling is gone and I am doing laundry so I have a wee bit of time
chores003.gif

Randi ~ My house is always loud when the kids are all at home but yes its going to be doubly loud when my DS has his friends over this weekend. Oh dear lordy I think I’ll be escaping to my bedroom
wha%5B1%5D.gif

How are you feeling btw?

Kathy ~ I also hope I’m still sane by the time the weekend is over – I’ll be the one with the nervous twitch
2rqfst4.gif

Oh the smiley's I get them from various smiley sites here are a few places I get mine from:

Posting them here I just insert them between the {img}{/img} tags

Chris~ You crack me up, how funny that both our boys have a birthday on the same day and your weekend sounds similar to what mine will be like.
25r30wi.gif

How sweet that Zach told you that- it pulls at those heart strings eh?
birgits_snill.gif

I love the sound of a quiet house – enjoy my friend
eatdrink004.gif

Beth~ your son has a birthday too? Wow I see we’ll all be busy this weekend then with birthday celebrations.

Ermmm what’s a blondie?

Good for you on taking a rest day – I almost did it myself but decided with all the crap I’ll be eating over the weekend I’ll need some exercise. That’s me rationalizing
whistling.gif

Joanne~ Getting those I love you’s and hugs makes all the difference – doesn’t it?
love014.gif

Aw a princess and pirate party sounds so fun… my kids are past the theme party stuff, even my now 10 yr old.

Alrighty then I think I'm caught up with personals
8.gif

Later Chickadees..........

picture.php

Hi all

Happy birthday to all the boys this weekend. Sounds like the party's are going to be a lot of fun.

Oh my goodness Vilma your DD is driving. I would have cried too. I wanted to cry when my son left for HS this week. They grow up so fast.:( Before I know it he will be driving.

Chris are you enjoying your "first day of school" How was your run? Do you run in Stanley Park? What new music did you put on your Ipod?

Beth hope you enjoyed your rest day. I am feeling tired this week too because I've been getting up two hours earlier. I want to get my workout in before the kids get on the bus. I've been going to bed around 930. That is early for me.

Joanne caitlyn sounds cute doing the workout with you. I like when my boys try and do some of the moves. And then they will be like feel my muscle its getting big isn't it? I always say yes.;)

Randi hope you enjoy GS BC.

Kathy how was your work out? How is homeschooling going? I few of my friends just started back with there homeschooling. Did you see that there is a social group for homeschooling?

Today I did Drill Max ultra cardio premix. That was a GREAT workout. I also did B&G abs. I was suppose to do a bike ride today but it was still dark out when I got up but I wanted to get a workout in before the kids left for school and before I weighed in. I am down .8 yippie. Its slow going but at least its going.:eek: My BMI is normal now. I am no longer considered overweight. That makes me happy.:D

Lori

Hello everyone! Today I had to work in the morning till noon and as soon as I got home I did L&G plus KPC Abs and it was good! I’m so tired now. Now that I’m starting to be busy, I’m starting to get tired:eek:, lol. Today was Open House for my daycare job and it was fun! I can’t wait till next week to start the program. I’ll try to be back later for personals if I can. I hope you all had a great workout today.

I’ll try to bb later.:rolleyes:

Re: blondies.... think brownies, but it's a chocolate chip cookie bar instead. Well, except that it's got 2C -- you heard that right -- 2 full cups of brown sugar in it! Really sweet which is why the kids like 'em.

Lori, I *should* be going to bed at 9 or 9:30 and I just can't ever seem to get there that early this week. Hopefully next week I'll be more in a groove... I doubt it though! Over the summer our dinner time shifted to later and later in the evening, and that is the big huge problem. :)

Ok, I really want to do the drill max cardio now.... won't get to today -- it's errands, school pickup, piano lessons, blondie making for me.....

-Beth

You guys aren't even going to believe this!

My mom called me at noontime, commented on how "short" the morning was for the kids. I'm like, "okayyyy"

Apparently she saw on the news, the boys' elementary school started at 9am and was evacuated at 9:30am!!!!!

They found BEE NEST(S) in the VENTILATION SYSTEM!

So I'm thinking, "where the heck are the boys? it's 12 NOON!"

Called the school and they said they took ALL the kids over to the College (right next door), and they'd be staying there until dismissal (3p). They were watching movies, and there's a cafeteria there, etc. But the parents could go pick them up if they wanted to.

HELL NO! I still had my run to do and BIRTHDAY shopping! (and I'm still tramatized from yesterday!)

Needless to say, school is canceled for tomorrow. Nice. real nice! :(

BUT,... I did get my run in , it was FABULOUS , you guys! I felt so strong , like an Olympiad!! Music was fanTAStic! (I haven't run to music in too long).

Lori: I got a bunch on my iPod. New stuff, is actually older stuff. My DH has been very busy making a library of classic rock this summer. So some of my new stuff is: The Kinks, Foghat, Cream. But then i got newer stuff, like Stone Temple Pilots, Mudvayne, Nine Inch Nails, Bush, The Killers. SOOO much to run to, so little time! And I do run at Stanley Park. It was gorgeous today (it always is). DM, Ultra Cardio? That sounds scary! I might do it Saturday! LOL!!!! And WTG on your loss this week! that's awesome!!!! :D Are you still eating Core and loving it??? I absolutely am soooo into it right now. But i know it will wear off , and I'll go back to Flex eventually.

Oh my..... Vilma! She got her liscense??? Though wait .... you won't have to "taxi" late night anymore! Are you sure thoes aren't tears of joy?? It is weird what strikes you as "growing up" and makes you sad. You just never know!

Hey Ivy! ... I know, I'm more tired today too. And I was so excited! LOL! I've been having to get up earlier this whole week. Ugh. even just an hour hurts! Great workout today, though!!!

Beth: That's the same for me. Supper has been pushed back later this summer, and it really crunches into before bed time. I'm going to have to fix that soon!!

Okay... off I go, my almost 13 year old is home and excited!

BBL...

HI everyone!! Just finished up withmy workout and lunch. I did Step Jam, the non ball abs and stretch from Butts & Gutts. (decided I needed extra stretching)

Vilma: You are cracking me up!! I love those smilies. I am stealing some of them and going to check out those sites. They have me LOL!!! Wow, daughter driving with license and a boys birthday party in one weekend. We are going to have to come and calm your nerves after all that! LOL I am doing Bootcamp: Bis & tris tomorrow too. I am ok with the cardio part. It is just tough!

Joanne: Checking back and outfits were vintage thong leotards with the biker short and the crunchies in the hair. It was a great workout. I also loved it when the kids used to try and workout with me. How sweet!! My kids will do that to me if go for a morning to a church meeting or shopping or something. They meet me at the door with hugs and kisses. LOVE IT!!

Chris: I am doing the bootcamp tomorrow..I don't think my hubby has ever been home when I have done that one. Boy those drills (suicides mainly) really get the heartrate up! I wouldn't be complaining either. That is the only downside to homeschooling. I never have too much me time..I usually take it on the weekends and go shopping. But, that isn't really good me time. I did get a little on Sunday night when hubby took the kids to a minor league baseball game..I had about 3 hours. It was nice. I ended up watching chic flicks and doing my workout..Hope you had a great run!!

Lori: Congratulations on the weigh in and BMI...That is so awesome..I decided to go vintage in place of the bike ride..Step Jam. It was great though. I was really huffing and puffing..It is amazing how much more intensity you get bumping up to the 8" step...I was dying towards the end!! Homeschooling is going great. I am happy to report we have been going nonstop everyday during the week and we just finished our 18th day of the school year...Thanks I did see the homeschooling group and joined up. I am going to head over there after this and see if anyone has checked in since I did this morning. Sounds like a great group..

Ivy: I get tired too when I add alot of activities I am not used to. Once you get used to the extra tasks, you will be great. Sounds like you are enjoying your job so far..

I am going to try those smilies too Vilma!!

47b20s0.gif

Bananeyessss.gif

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.