August Check In ~~ Tuesday 26th ~~

ShyWolf

Cathlete
G'Morning Ladies!

Today I'm not sure what I'll be doing ... I'm still sorta doing Cathe's August rotation but hmmmm.

I'm thinking maybe 4DS LIS or perhaps something else entirely :p LIS is scheduled though

As long as I don't get kicked off the internet I'll try to BBL

Have a Great Day All!

picture.php

Good Morning:)
I went to the doc yesterday thinking I had a UTI but my urine was negative. I didn't understand that because I've had one before so I know the symptoms. He still gave me some medicine so i guess that means there's some kind of bacteria or infection and he is sending it off to the lab. Anyway i'm off work today too. I think i'm going to stick with gym style workouts this week as well but just switch things up. For ex instead of chest and tri's i'll do chest and back.
This 1rm stuff is got me out of my head. I know I should know everything by now, I hope i'm not the only one feeling lost:-/ I have so many questions I'm just going to wait till my videos get here
Vilma I hope you don't get kicked off the internet! Have fun doing LIS love that workout!

Randi: I know. I am with you on those 1 RM. I haven't done any of it yet. I thought I would wait for the DVDs. I hope the meds get you feeling better soon.

Vilma: Enjoy your workout today. I did the 4DS kickbox and legs yesterday and enjoyed it. Another one tomorrow.

Ok, everyone. Scheduled for me today is Imax...Who else is on that one today?

Be back later..

Hi Vilma! Randi! Kathy! ... and everyone that follows me today..

*Raises hand high in the air and waves* :eek: I'm also doing IMAX today! I'm looking forward to it a LOT. I haven't done it in a long time.... Though I have to wait until late morning, or more likely early afternoon. I'm taking my son to his Diabetes doctor for a routine check up this morning.

Vilma: I bet you end up enjoying LIS, if you choose to do it! I did it yesterday, and even raised my step up to 8 inches... It was fun!

Randi: Weird you had all those symptoms, but the test was negative. Hope the meds help you feel better. Enjoy your day off and GS today! And yes. The 1RM freaks me out. I don't even want to TRY to figure it out on my own, because it makes my brain hurt. It's kind of turning me off from STS (along with the music). I'm really hoping there's a simpler way of figuring out 1RM than just reading the exercises off of the website.

Kathy: I will be thinking of you this afternoon during IMAX! Enjoy!

BBL...

Chris I don't feel so bad now, i'm not the only one that's not really enjoying the music:-/ Some of it's ok but we still have a lot more videos to listen to! So hopfully it gets better. Yeah all this 1rm stuff is making my brain hurt too LOL! I get jealous of people already starting it and knowing what to do! I feel like an idiot! LOL
Kathy and Chris doing IMAX!!!!!!!!!! I might do IMAX too! since cardio is on my agenda we'll see:) I always change my mind when I get downstairs LOL

Good morning! I see many of us are on the same page this morning -- both with IMAX and the 1RM dread. Yes, I did imax, but I was feeling very tired! Some of the blasts were half-hearted on my part. And I have to say I am sooo glad to hear others with the 1RM mental block. That, and after doing GS last week and realizing that it's going to be very tough for me to stick to a three day split for so many weeks, well, I'm starting to wonder about STS. I won't cancel, for sure, but it's strange to have lost my excitement for it. Vilma, you're right -- lifting heavy and feeling strong is fun -- I really think it's other aspects of it that have me negative for the moment. I'm hoping the next month will get my head straight, and I have resigned myself to waiting for the dvds to do the testing, if I even do it!

Hope everyone has a wonderful day.....

-Beth

Hello ladies!! Well, I had Imax scheduled for today, but I've done the original Imax once or twice, and didn't care for it too much. I might have just been in a bad mood, though, cause everyone else seems to like it! I decided to "cheat" on Cathe again and did Tracey's High Intensity Step Mix 2. I have to say it was a blast! Although I thought it was about an hour - well, it went on and on. I couldn't finish the last ten minutes - I was about to keel over! The cardio is about 75 minutes. There's also an abs and weights section that I didn't have time or energy to get to.

Chris, I'll be doing LIS tomorrow. I may try an 8-inch step. Good luck at the doctor today with your son.

Beth, the 1RM test seemed a bit overwhelming to me, too. I peeked at it on the site, and there are so many exercises to test for! Yikes! And I wasn't quite sure what some of them were. It'll probably be more clear once the DVDs are ready, hopefully.

Randi, I'm changing my mind all the time about what workout I'm going to do. That's why I love these rotations, although I substitute sometimes. Hope the meds help even though the doc said you didn't have an UTI.

Kathy (and everyone else doing it!), have fun with Imax!

Hi Vilma! Have fun with LIS or other DVD of your choice! ;) How are you feeling?

First day of school went well for the boys. Although I feel so bad for my son Ian. He said none of his friends are in his class. Every year he makes new friends and the next year they're not in his class. I told him it's just the first day and he'd make some new friends. He seemed so upset, though. I know that a few boys that teased him last year are in his class and that's not helping. Oh, and there's a few girls that used to chase him around at recess and they are in his class!

BBL...

Joanne

Hi everyone

I'm glad I'm not the only one not really enjoying the music on STS. I don't own P90x but keep on reading that the music is comparable. Nevertheless, I don't intend on doing these right away instead I'll be doing Chalene Extreme when those workouts get released. Today I did a 60 min ITRAIN boot camp at the gym and the time flew by.

Randidiane-I Hope you feel better and that you has an amazing workout. IF your symptoms feel unbearable try sipping some unsweetened cranberry juice (i.e.a brand that contains fruit juice as sweetener, but no artificial or added table sugar would work as well) mixed with a carbonated water or just straight up throughout the day

Kathy, boingo-Do you do all of IMAX with no modifications...that's awesome hope yo enjoyed the workouts

Until next time,
Justine

Hey Everyone.. I'm back!

Got back from Zach's doctor appt around 10:15 (not bad, it went pretty quick). Well, the gist of it is, he's going through Puberty (Fun! fun!) and is requiring more insulin, one reason why his blood sugars have been whacked! :eek: And so we are adjusting all his insulin pump settings to give him more insulin!

I ended up getting my workout in before lunch (I do better getting my workout done in the morning). I did IMAX,as promised! I love the simplicity of this workout, No funky jumps or step routines, just basics that I can put my all in to. The only interval I modified today was the lunges. I did what I could do (not many today), but then just did the scissors move most of the time. I usually can get about 3/4's of them, but I was sceered of messing my calf up (still twinges me). I also did Stability Ball Abs from B&G. Wow! I don't think I ever did this before! It was pretty cool., but I could NOT do the hip lifts ON TOP of the ball. Holy COW, how do you do that move????

And while doing the B&G Stability Ball abs, all I could think of was how I LOVE the music (techno) from this series! How could Cathe kill us with elevator music for STS ?? I'm such a music oriented person when I work out... Maybe I'll fix it so I can use my own music.

Randi: I feel EXACTLY the way you do about the 1RM! About all the people doing it already, and I feel like I'm "behind" and I'll never get it... Funny how you changed your mind to CM and DM after you got to your workout! LOL!

Beth: Sorry you didn't have the "oomph" for IMAX. You really need oomph to enjoy it! We'll do STS together, and we'll like it!! Deal?

Joanne: Your workout sounds intense! Some times you just need to break up the "cathe" stuff with others. It makes you appreciate her more, right? I know what you mean about the way they change the kids in classes every year. And yes, it seems like the ones they DON'T like get in their class year after year! How old is Ian again? What grade is he in? I remember my son Zach being in 4th or 5th, and the girls chasing the boys. It was so classic! They "hated" the girls!! LOL!!

Justine
: I've been toying with the idea of getting Chalene's new workouts too. I do love her. Not sure when I'll do them, but I think either way, I'd like them...

Off I go to enjoy the last few days of vacation with the boys! (though they're all off playing with their friends.... :rolleyes:)

Hi ladies!!

I finished up with Imax too. what are you 4DS people doing tomorrow? I think I will do the one with triceps..Whatever the full name is! LOL

I am off now to take Lauren to drawing class..

I will b back later!!

Hi All

Checking in real quick...Did Imax and B&G Stability Ball. Chris I know what your talking about with the hip roll. Today was the first time I was able to do one. I also went on a 4 mile walk with my friend after the kids go on the but. Yes doing a happy dance:). My sister called me this AM singing "its the most wonderful time of the year" you know from the staple commercial. LOL

WTG everyone on your work outs this morning.

BBL

Lori

Hi Everyone! Just stopping by really quick to say that I won't have time to be on here today. You guys are NOT going to believe what happened to me!!! Yesterday my TV died!!!! So, today I went and bought a tv so I have to wait till DH picks it up with his friend on the truck because we also bought a entertainment center. So, I will workout tomorrow. I'm so bored without my Tv :(. I missed my soap operas yesterday! I hope you all are having a great day and had wonderful workouts!

I'll bb tomorrow :) I have to get ready to set up our furniture and tv.

this week's 4DS schedule

Kathy, I'm doing LIS tomorrow. Whenever I have a week of 4DS the regular way (no premixes), I do them in the order they sort of come, that is HIS, LIS, boot camp, kickbox, because that is sort of in order of least favorite to most favorite for me. Well, of HIS and LIS, I like LIS better, and out of bc/kb, I like kc better, and I definitely like the bc/kb better than his/lis, if all that makes sense. All based strictly on cardio -- I don't care that much about which weight ones I do in what order.

I guess we were supposed to do some abs/core work with imax today, were we, or Lori did you add that on on your own? Well, I wouldn't have had time anyway.... who am I kidding? :)

-Beth

Oh and p.s. I am switching the drill max cardio premix day with the cardio/bike day, so that I can do ccpp on Saturday with everyone else..... hi Vilma! :)

-Beth

Ivy!!!....sorry to hear about your TV dying! It sounds like you're going to have a nice replacement though!..Hope it's not toomuch of a PIA to set up...

As for the 4 DS workout tomorrow, I'll go along with BC and Bi's Tri's with you, Kathy! Anyone else?

I'm going to fudge the rotation workouts a bit too. I think I 'll end up skipping the DM all together, and doing the last of the 4 DS's on Saturday. And keep Sunday as a rest day... Thursday, I'm definitely going for a run at the park instead of a cycle ride!!!

Have a nice evening, everyone...

Oh and p.s. I am switching the drill max cardio premix day with the cardio/bike day, so that I can do ccpp on Saturday with everyone else..... hi Vilma! :)

-Beth

-giggles-
039.gif
Hi Beth!

Glad you'll be joining us on Saturday for CCPP day. I schedule all of my last Saturdays of the month for CCPP day and I get such a great feeling knowing we all are doing it together.

Ivy you could have done a workout using your pc? We have 6 tv's here for 5 people lol my DS has 2 in his room one just for his XBOX live gaming.

Glad you'll be back to working out soon with a brand new tv :)

Lori ~ I love that Staples commercial I guess you can say I know what your sister was feeling like
039.gif

Chris
~ OY VEY! Puberty I still have one not there yet - Good Luck and glad that your DS's insulin is getting changed to accommodate his growing.
053.gif

Randi ~ How are you feeling? Better I hope! Those UTI's are sneaky lil debils so its good you still got some meds.

Joanne ~ Thanks for asking! I'm feeling much better - Me thinks it has to also do with being able to have my 'me' quiet time I sorely have been needing it .

The 1RM has been very overwhelming it really put me off w/ STS but I've been finding that looking at my old weight sheets with the exercise names helps, i.e today I did the weight section of LIS and if you look at the chapters it has many of the exercises by name - looking at that and the excel sheet another Chris in Cathenation has so kindly offered in the STS board it's not so hard after all.

It's a slow process and I'm getting major DOMS from testing but overall it helps me stay excited about STS although I too dislike the choice of music from what I've heard so far :confused:

Kathy ~Yes I did enjoy my workout today I've decided to do 4DS KB and legs tomorrow lol.

I want to save my legs for CCPP on Saturday so figured Wednesday is best

Justine ~ Hi I guess its a matter of time about the music on STS good thing they'll have the music 'off' option if it gets intolerable.

My Internet is acting so stupid so I haven't been on much at all .

I did end up doing 4DS LIS and I almost didn't wanna do it but when it started that music got me and well I finished it with a smile on my face. Still continuing with the 1RM testing (I've been feeling extra DOMs testing OY!) and I was able to order my weighted vest so I'm happy about that.

Chat with you all in the am I need to get off the pc and get DH up so he can get ready for work.

picture.php

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.