August Check In ~*~ Holiday Weekend The 29th - 31st ~*~

ShyWolf

Cathlete
sun.gif
G'morning Gals!

Figured I'd do a weekend thread since its a 3 day weekend for many!

grillsmile1.gif

So today I'm just doing my PU's along with Bi's & Tri's from the 4DS BC WO.

Need to get going and get the kids up & ready to go this morning.

Hope to BBL.....

picture.php

Last edited:
Goodmorning my friends!

Goodmorning Vilma and all that follow.

Today is DM Premix #5 and I'm so looking forward to it. I love DM. TGIF!!!!

Vilma: Enjoy your workout today:D.

I have to get my DD ready for school. I'll BB later after my workout:p

Goodmorning Vilma, Ivy and all who follow

Vilma How is it going with those PU's? I can only do about 3 on my toes. You would think that after all this time working out with Cathe I would have built up the strength to do them but for some reason I haven't!:mad:

Ivy what premix is #5 on DM?? I hade a lot of fun with DM ultar Cardio yesterday that I am actually thinking of doing it again tomorrow. I might me taking my son to hockey practice in the morning we will need to leave at 6AM so if that is the case I will bring stuff to run in. There is a track right near the rink. I'm not to sure if I like the idea of running on the track I like to see different things on a run and look at people's houses.

I did 4DS KB Bi's and Tri's. Didn't have the best of work this morning. I think I am a little tired this morning. For me this has been a tough week of workouts. I like how Cathe did this rotation.

Well got to run and make sure my youngest is up for school. Then I need to go to the dentist for a cleaning.

BBL

Lori

Good Morning Ladies!

I'm getting ready for another long weekend of work...story of my life...lol
BM2 timesaver cardio today..........gotta run...hopefully bbl!

Iris

Good morning:)
I feel much better today. I know i'm doing coremax #1 I'm gonna do a leg workout but I want to mish mosh different ones, don't know which ones.
Speaking of PU's I can never finish the drop sets on GS Chest. It's so irritating! But i can do other workouts on my toes!? I want to practice for STS but it's not good to do the same body part daily. I don't know:(
Vilma Great workout you have goin on today. I work tomorrow but i'm off sun and mon:) How are you practicing your PU?
Lori your do 4DS split too? are you and Vilma doing the same rotation? Ugh I hate the dentist!
Ivy which one is premix #5? Have a great day!!
RAndi

Good Morning, Vilma, Ivy, Iris, Lori, Randi!!

I'm definitely more wiped out this week with the earlier wake-ups.
mornincoffee.gif
I've been needing FULL strength coffee to even open my eyes (I usually do 1/2 and 1/2).

Today is a busy day. I have my 2 youngest home from school thanks to the Bees
170fs799081.gif
. ALready they're fighting! BUT.. DH was off last night and is home.

Gotta shop for the big sleepover tonight, and clean, and laundry, get ready for my working weekend, as well. I do love that I get paid time and 1/2 on Sunday night though!

My legs are a bit sore from yesterday's run. Especially my shins.

I'm going to TRY to do HIS/Chest Back today. Not sure if I'll be able to get in a workout tomorrow with all those boys here, but maybe I can sneak in a DM cardio premix!?!?

Have fun with your workouts, girls!!

BBL!!!

Hi everyone!!

Wow, we are all up early today!

Today's workout for me is going to be the 4DS: bootcamp with bis & tris...Not much else to do today. It is rainy again. I need to run to the grocery store for milk. But, other than that, we are hanging out and getting our school lessons done for today.

Be back later after I tackle Bootcamp!!!

Wow is right -- I don't know how you gals get to the computer before the workout -- if I did that, there's a really strong possibility I'd skip the workout! :) I had another miserable night! At 3:30 I decided to go ahead and get up to do 4DS LIS. I finally really like the step in that one -- I guess I finally have the steps -- it's not that hard, I don't know why I thought it was hard at first. After that I tried to sleep for a while, but it took a long time to spin down and I probably only slept a half hour before the alarm went off. Chris, I'm going back to decaf today -- I'm hoping that'll help with my poor sleep lately. I usually don't drink full -- once in a while I'll have 1/2 and 1/2 like you, but lately I've been going full strength a lot and I think it has really messed me up! At least it is Friday. My mom arrives today to celebrate Dylan's birthday.

Oh -- drop set pushups -- I can't do them either! I have to drop to my knees partway through.

Happy birthday to all the boys this weekend -- older & younger! :) And, a big happy birthday to Lisa tomorrow, even though you already celebrated. I'd love to hear more about how the whole Cathe trip was arranged! Have a great day!

-Beth

Ok I ended up doing CM #2 BC cardio only from the Intensity series, KM leg conditioning drills and floorwork from GS legs plus calves. I'm tired and I have to go to work:(

Hey Kathy & Beth :) ... I was an earlier bird today, for some reason. I usually eat breakfast and then take my second cup of coffee to the computer, before my workout.

And I did HIS/Chest& Back. HIS really is fun! I love the music in both HIS and LIS. I did get the 3rd combo a little better too. Each time do more of them the right way. and it's kind of fun when you DO get it!

Beth: OMG, I can NOT believe you got up at 3:30am and worked out! That's crazy!! I pretty much sleep crappy every night. Not because I can't sleep, but because I'm either up with Zach's sugars or up to pee!

Kathy: It must make it a lot easier to stay in and do school when it's raining out. I did BC/Bi, Tri's yesterday! I always get into BC so much more than I think I will! It's like "playing" to me!

I'm even more wiped out than when I started this morning. I don't know what it is. I barely made it through my workout. My shower felt fantastic, but now a headache is setting in. NOT a good thing with a houseful of boys coming this afternoon and tonight! :confused:

Wish me luck!
lillamu5-756439.gif

Hi Everyone!

I won't be able to get in later on today. My DD is having a friend sleep over so I will be busy. DM #5 is Cardio + All Upper Body. I hope you all have great workout and a great day today!

I'll try to BB tomorrow. It's going to be kind of a busy weekend. I hope you all have a great long weekend! :)

Finished up with 4DS Bootcamp: biceps & triceps..Now I gotta run to the post office and the grocery store...

Chris: Hope that headache gets better. You will need your strength later for all those boys!!

Ivy: Hope your daughter enjoys her sleepover..

Beth: I don't think I could do anything but stretch at 3:30! Way to go!!

Randi: Have a great day!!

Talk to everyone later.

Hi all. I just got into work after going to kindergarten orientation with Caitlyn. I'm so excited - she got the teacher I was hoping she'd get. She had all my boys for kindergarten and is totally awesome!! Love her! Tuesday is the first full-day. Yikes! The time sure does fly by.

I think I overdid the high impact this week. My knees are achy and twingy, so I just did chest and back from HIS this morning and stability ball abs from B&G. I think that was in the rotation somewhere, but I never did it. I'm going to take it easy this weekend, maybe some light cardio and wait and see what Cathe's Sept. rotation looks like.

Chris, yikes on the bees!! I can't believe they didn't let you know about it. But, if they don't have some type of emergency notification system in place, I guess it would be hard to call all the parents. Hope you get some energy back for those boys invading your house later! Can you sneak in a power nap? Those can work wonders sometimes.

Ivy, sounds like you'll be busy with a sleepover too! That DM premix sounds fun.

Hi Vilma. How does the PU challenge work? I think I saw a thread on it - I'll look for it.

Randi, glad you are feeling better. Sounds like the meds finally kicked in. I love the combinations you put together - very creative and effective, I'm sure!

Beth, wow, I can't believe you were working out at 3:30am either! You're probably going to crash later. Although I've had some sleepless nights where I figure I'm wide awake, I should just go workout. Although my family would probably think I was nuts.

Hi Kathy. Good job on bootcamp. Enjoy your quiet day at home!

Iris, how was BM cardio timesaver? What type of work do you do again?

Lori, you're doing better than me. I can do maybe one PU on my toes, maybe two if I'm lucky. Is the DM ultra cardio where she repeats all the drills twice? That one is so tough! Sounds like we all need a couple rest days! I've been feeling a bit draggy, too.

Probably BBL...

Joanne

Hey, I'm back briefly. My 3:30am thing... yes, it's nuts. When I first started finally getting consistent with exercise again after a bad period of stress and moving, I really wigged out about missing a day, and I have bad sleep patterns in general, so... instead of just going crazy in bed not sleeping, I'd get up and get the workout done. This is one reason my friend who does Cathe and her husband like to refer to me as the Dean Karnazes of fitness dvds. Somewhere along the way, my sleeping got better and I quit doing that, but with the first week of school stress, I guess, I'm not sleeping so well and getting back into that mode.

Chris, I forgot to comment on the bees -- that is totally crazy! Are they going to be able to go back by Tuesday? I would hope so! We have lots of yellow jackets where we live, and it's crazy at school. The kids eat outside (no cafeteria), and sometimes during the year it's so bad the kids don't want to eat their lunch even more than they normally don't want to! :)

Joanne, is Caitlyn excited about starting kindergarten? She must be. So great that you go the teacher you wanted!

Where are you hottiescientist? Haven't seen you in a while......

cheers to all....

-Beth

Hi All!

I'm back and listening to some awesome salsa music
Vishenka_04.gif
I'm dancing in my seat - love this music. :D

Anyhoo
7.gif
I have had quite a busy day.

Had to do some grocery shopping and Goodness Gracious our food bill just keeps going up and its all the same type of stuff I buy all the time :confused: as well as prepare for the 'guys' to come over and celebrate w/ DS seems like it's gonna be all weekend with them in and out.
2.gif

So I did my PU's all on my toes and oy it was a bit difficult on the last set but doable then I went ahead and did the Bi's and Tri's from that 4DS WO along with 2 ab sections from the Ab Hits dvd.

DD took her dad's car to drive herself to campus and we had some serious heavy fog! So DH & I followed her in my car as we were going grocery shopping. She did good and is back home and wants to go pick up her brother from his cross country practice later on today
13.gif

Wow you guys have been busy! ;)

Ivy - Have a great weekend and enjoy the sleepover tonight!

Lori - The PUs are going great - I'm doing them all on my toes and I'm progressing as I should be. I hate PU's but always start them on my toes then slowly finding myself on my knees. With this PU challenge I'm challenging myself to do them all on my toes- period.
10.gif

Iris - Have a good weekend & enjoy even if you do have to go in and work
184.gif

Randi - I'm using the set up from this site: one hundred push ups I'm a PU wimp so I'm doing this for myself as I want to stop ending them on my knees so far all my PUs I've done on my toes and owie its tough but doable.
Eventually I will get to do the 100 PU challenge on my toes consecutively. I'm nuts I know :p

I was following Cathe's rotation for this month but somehow I ended off it so I've just been doing what I can from this week.

Chris
Wow that's crazy about the bees yesterday !

Let me tell you what I used to do when my kids were younger and they would start fighting?
devil.gif

I would send them outside so the entire neighborhood can see them in whatever they were dressed in (they were around 8 & 10 at the time lol) - that stopped it for awhile. Now my teens get snarky with each other and throw each other evil looks and
gaah.gif

Kathy - your day sounds so peaceful
wcsmiley.gif
mine are usually more like this:
frantic.gif

Beth
- wow working out at 3am? Eh I've done that myself then collasped afterwards in a deep sleep. Although what the heck? What made you wake up at that time anyway?
confused0078.gif

Joanne
- so glad your DD got a great teacher for her first year of big kids school
4.gif

Look in Randi's section of my post as thats the site I'm going by for the PUs

I'm making some Lentil & Barley soup for dinner which means tons of vegetables that need to get prepared before I throw them in my huge soup pot... I'm craving some good old comfort food and I usually go by the Zero Points soup then add on from that.
5.gif

Take Care All until later !
thbye2.gif

picture.php

Quick post to say I forgot to tell y'all that my weighted vest came in today along with the 2 weight kits

47b20s0.gif

OMG it is so nice! and comfy!
I can not wait to use it soon.

My ds put it on and was like 'Oooohhh this for me thanks mom' No Way Buster!
lmao.gif

picture.php

Soooo my house is full of pre-teen boys now.
7AD_headspin.gif

I think I may need to nip at the wine in a few.
alcoholic.gif
Damn they are loud and smelley!!!

Ivy: I bet your sleepover is much funner than mine! :eek:

Kathy: Yes, my headache went away after 3 Advil Gels, but I'm still pooped. I think even though I might not even be ABLE to work out in the AM, I would take a rest day anyhow. I think I need it? WHo knows!

Beth:
Yes, they are supposed to go back to school on Tuesday. It can NOT come soon enough! Sleeping problems suck. Especially when you're so tired all day, and then night comes and you sleep for about an hour and then you're UP! That has happened to me before. But my biggest problem is getting woken up frequently during the night, and not being able to fall back asleep easily. So I understand, But not so much doing the workout at 3:30am! LOL!!!

Joanne: So glad K orientation went well with your daughter. I loved Kindergarten for my youngest last year. They are all so nice, but he had a super sweet one, that just loved the kids! I think I overdid it yesterday too. Not so much achy, but exhausted. I'm eagerly waiting for Cathe's SEPT rotation, as always!!! The weird thing about the school evacuation was that in the past they HAVE called everyone to let us know that school was letting out early. But they MANUALLY called all parents. There's no "system" so to speak.

Vilma: FIRST of all, I have to ask: "Where did you order the vest from?" I think I really want one. Is it adjustable? Also, I'm super impressed with your PU challenge. I should work on that too. I can do 5 or less on my toes, and I tend to not even try, because I can't go down too far. I love your idea for fighting! The neighbors already think we're wacko though!
hexer.gif
I hope your son's overnight is going less loudly than mine!!!
confused0078.gif
(thanks for the smilies, btw, I absolutely love playing with them!!!! )

Chris I ordered my vest from ironwearfitness the linky here points to the vest I ordered and it only took 2 days!

I also ordered 2 weight sets to adjust the weight.

I have worn it this evening and I love it - it's adjustable, washable and very comfy!

I would definitely recommend this one

Cool Vest Vilma!!
cancan.gif
I was going to order some stuff from Cathe's new line. I have some gift cards to use..Now I have to think about it.
297.gif
I like that one too..Did anyone ever answer someone's question about wether or not Cathe's vest was washable?

Chris: glad for you that your headache got better...How was the night?
84.gif
alcoholic.gif

Today's workout is going to be drill max cardio pemix. Which one did you do Vilma? I may do the longest one that she jokingly suggests on the rotation..

Hey Guys
mornincoffee.gif

So it's as I thought, I'm still pooped and I'm going to skip today's workout. Plus, there are pre-teen boys everywhere still! AND all their stuff is in my workout area in the basement. Plus, I DID do the extra run on Thursday... so I'm not that far behind.

The night went ok. A little loud , but what can you do. I threw down pillows and blankets in the basement around 10p.
pillowfight.gif
I went down at 12:30a for Zach's sugar check, they were all passed out cold!
Count_Sheep.gif
Then I was up at 4:00a for another check. AND, I wasn't able to get to bed earlier, like I wanted to.

I know, I'm just trying to justify NOT working out today!! Tell me it's ok!!!

We did hamburgs and hotdogs last night, popcorn as a snack, and I made 2 heaping platefuls of Chocolate Chip pancakes for them this morning (I never saw so many eyes light up!). They devoured it all! I told them they have to leave before lunch...
jawsmiley.gif

Hope you all enjoy your workouts, I'll have to live vicariously through you !!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.