August Check In ***Thursday 21rst***

Kathy36

Cathlete
Good morning ladies!!

Thought I would stop by and say hello..Today's workout is going to be PS: Chest, triceps and shoulders...

Be back later..

Good morning Kathy and all that follow...

Today is Imax 1 and I'm thrilled to do it, but don't know if I will be able to, because our electricity keeps leaving. Fay is right over us and she is stuck! She has been stationary since yesterday and the winds are at 60mph. Now we are getting a lot of hard wind and rain. I can't believe this! Hopefully she moves soon and gets out of Florida. I live by the Kennedy Space center (Titusville). I'll try to get my workout done today and I hope that the light doesn't go out while working out, lol. I'll try to bb later if I can :)

Kathy Enjoy PS: CTS :)

Good Morning Kathy and all who follow!

Today is 4DS HIS/LIS double cardio premix...woo hoo...seeems easy after yesterday's workout!

Kathy- enjoy PS today! I can't wait to pull that series out again...what rotation are you doing next? Tomorrow is my last day of July '08, then my rest week (which is more like 5 days) and then next Thursday I start another of Fitnessreak's rotations.

Have a great day everyone!!

Iris

Ivy: Hope you are able to get your workout done without loosing power.

Iris: I will more than likely do Cathe's next rotation in September...Good luck on your next rotation..

Hello ladies! Happy Thursday!!

Ivy, I was thinking of you this morning when I heard Fay had moved back into Florida and was not moving much. That stinks! Just when you thought it was over, it comes back. Are the kids still out of school? Hope your lights stay on and try to stay dry!

Kathy, I did PS chest, shoulders and triceps this morning. Nice short workout! I got to sleep in 1/2 hour longer. I have to say, in comparison to the GS's last week, it almost seemed easy. Well, not "easy", but you know what I mean. Only about 24 push-ups instead of the gazillion in GS.

Iris, anything would seem easy after BodyMax. Have fun with the double cardio!

We just have a crazy weekend coming up so I may double up tomorrow and do PS back and biceps and Rythmic Step so I can finish up this week of the rotation. Saturday is my parents 50th anniversary and we are having a party at their house, so we'll be getting ready for that all day Friday and Saturday. Then we find out that my son Jameson is in a soccer tournament Saturday and Sunday. His first game is 8:00 am Saturday and they want them there at 7:00. And, it's an hour away! Yikes! So we'll be up around 5:00 am. Same thing for Sunday. Either I or DH will take him to Saturday, the other will stay to help my parents get ready. He also has a game at 11:30. So, I don't think I'll fit in any workouts this weekend.

Have a great day all! I'm sure I'll BBL!

Joanne

Hi all! Ivy, I hate working out and having the power go out! It sucks! I hope it stays on for you.

I did MIC this morning -- I hate that workout! I don't know if I've ever even done it -- it seemed familiar, but not really. I couldn't get through it -- got through all the floor stuff and about ten or so minutes of the step and I was bored out of my mind thinking of all the things I have to do. This is why I have to work out first thing in the morning without doing anything first. Otherwise my mind takes over and I have a bad workout. The workout has to suck me in, and MIC didn't. Please remind me -- if I ever plan to do it again -- tell me to do something else. Halfway through I was so wishing I'd pulled out low max. i haven't done that in a good long time.

Ok, I'm babbling. I'm taking my kids to the Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk today (rides/games) and to some other amusement park tomorrow. This for the kids who will never be allowed to set foot in a disneyland/world if my DH has his way! It's our last blow out for summer.....

have a great day!

-Beth

Hello again!

Yay! I just finished Imax (Original) and it was tons of fun! I really liked it. I burned 491 calories. The light didn't go out so that was good! The only thing that killed the workout was that tropical beach song, lol. Tomorrow is supposed to be Body Max, but I don’t have that one so I will do BM2 (hope I can survive it).

Iris: How fun! LIS/HIS are so much fun! Enjoy!

Kathy: Yup! I’m so glad the light didn’t go out while working out.

Joanne:
Wow! You sure have a busy weekend ahead! I hope you have a great time though. That’s so cute that your parents have been married 50 years! Yea, I can’t believe Fay is still stationary. I want it to move out of here already. The kids are still out of school, but we’re not sure if they will go back tomorrow or not. We will find out later in the afternoon.

Well, last night I was trying to get some sleep since we had no dangerous warnings about anything, and then….ALL NIGHT some ducks were out there screaming. And I mean ALL NIGHT till I got up at 7am! So, I didn’t get good sleep last night either. But, I felt bad for the ducks though, because I wasn’t sure if they were hurt, or just screaming at the wind.

Have a great day everyone! I’ll try to bb later if I can.

Beth: The light didn't go out so that was good. I haven't done MIC yet, but I did the step portion only and it was tough! I hope you have a great day today with the kids! :)

I did PS Legs and Abs this am. I may do PS chest, tricep and shoulder later ( I'm trying to catch up to this week's rotation)

Suzette

Iris, I meant to ask you...which of fitnessfreak's rotations are your starting next week? I did her get ready for summer one and loved it.

Beth, I'm not too fond of MIC either. I almost always substitute when it comes up in a rotation. Have a great time at the amusement parks! How fun! I told my kids we'd go to the ice cream parlor one more time before school starts - I better not tell them what you're doing! ;) My DH is not a Disney fan, either. We did go about three years ago because I was there for work and convinced him it was a great opportunity to bring the family. He went begrudglingly!! We did have a nice time, but soooo expensive! I'd like to go again, but we probably won't.

Ivy, glad you had fun with Imax and were able to get it in! Ohh, those poor ducks! Maybe they sensed the rain was coming back and they were going to be in trouble. I feel bad for all the poor little animals outside in storms like this. What happens to them??

Hi Suzette! Good job on PS Legs. PS CST wasn't too hard or long, so you can probably fit in it.

Joanne

Hey Everyone :)

I just finished up PS: Chest, Shoulders, Triceps! I totally agree with everything you said, Joanne (
in comparison to the GS's last week, it almost seemed easy. Well, not "easy", but you know what I mean.)
. And I slept in later this morning too (not meaning to, it just happened, but it felt great :). Oh my, your weekend sounds crazy :eek:. I think your plan to double up workouts is a good one!

Ivy: Great job on IMAX! I love that workout and haven't done it in forever. The intervals are nice and simple moves, so I can really push it. I've had the power go out before/during workouts before and I'm happy it didn't happen for you! Weird about the ducks?!

Iris: I also LOVE HIS/LIS all cardio! Fun workout! Hope you enjoyed it! What FitnessFreak rotation are you doing now and plan to do? We did one of her rotations a few months ago, it was AWESOME (and challenging!!)

Beth: Sorry you had a crappy MIC experience. I really have to be in the mood for that one, or I struggle through it. Miraculously, I was in the mood for it when I did it last week, and it kicked my BUTT! the day with the kids sounds like lots of fun! Wish I were going!! Thanks for peaking at my Alex's new haircut last night! he looks sooooo much better, I'm so glad it worked out ok!

Suzette: Nice workouts today! It's great that they are shorter ones so you can squeeze 2 in one day... Great to *see* you!

Randi: Glad you popped in last night! Your workouts look tough this week, you always have challenging rotations. You need to post some more! Hope work lets up on you a little...

I've got to find something to do outdoors today... It's just gorgeous here :cool:!!

Later...

Chris, I just went back and looked at yesterday's thread - Alex's hair looks very cute!!

OK, have to go to a meeting that I'm dreading..ugh!! I may do an itread afterwards - help run off some stress!

Joanne

Good morning!

Kathy and Suzette, have fun with PS workouts!

Ivy, my DH's cousin lives in Titusville! I didn't realize you were there. I'm sorry that Fay is stationary but it doesn't seem to be as bad as it was thought it might be at least.

Iris, I seriously LOVE that double cardio mix...its so much fun at the time just flies by!

Joanne, you know sometimes, I truly dread busy weekends. They're fun and they fly by but sometimes when its ahead of time and I think about all the stuff I have to do I get a little grumpy. But working out ahead of time makes me feel much better.

Beth, why does your DH not like amusement parks for the kids? My parents were always like, you should be studying...and now I just hesistate giving the Mouse more money. Does MIC have hi/lo? I can't stand hi/lo floor aerobics for whatever reason. I think I get confused too easily.

Wow, a lot of you are online right now. Yesterday I did 4DS Kickbox and Legs and Core...well, 80% of legs. I have serious DOMS in my quads though today. My goal is to do some light work at the gym while I wait for science to fail me and if my legs are fine by the evening, LIS/Shoulders & Calves in the evening.

So, I'm desperately trying to discipline myself so that I don't open any of DH's bday gift before his bday (Hardcore series)...but its hard!! I like to watch the DVDs in the corner of my notebook when I'm at work (though some people at work make fun of me for doing so -- but seriously, I can catch the footwork and beat that way).

Two more days until the weekend...wait that doesn't mean anything since i'm working on the weekend too...

Hottie: Wow! Cool! I can’t believe your husband’s cousin lives here. We have been here for a year now. We love it down here.

Fay is finally moving! It’s not much but better then stationary.

Have a great day everyone! I’ll bb tomorrow.

Good afternoon everyone...checking in kind of late today but I did do my work out this morning. I didn't do what was on tap because I don't have the workout and I really wanted to get outdoors. DH and I went for 4 mile run. I am going to toot my horn because I made it up a HUGE hill running. I never thought I would ever get up that hill. I always end up walking up. But today I prayed and was determined to get up what I call my "heart break hill" and I did it.

Ivy I can't believe that FAY came back. and is leaving again. At least you got your work out in. :eek:

Hottie Glad to see that you are able to workout the knee must be better. Step away from DH's bday gift. LOL I think I would have given him his gift already so I could use them. ;)

Beth I agree I don't like MIC it is a hard one for me. UGH right up there with Imax 3.

Today I went and got my hair cut and colored. I have never colored my hair before. It is hard to get use to the color since I've been a red head for 38 years. I am still a red but it is a darker shade and I am not sure if I like it or not. I needed a change the grays were starting to take over. My DH doesn't even know that I did this. I even when short! Its like the spice girl who is married to the soccer play that just move to the USA. I am sure you all know who I am talking about. But for the life of me I can't remember her name. :eek:

Today was WI I am down 1.6:D Yippie.

Well go to run talk to you all soon

Lori

Yea, yea, Fay, Fay, go away, come again another day! NOT! Sorry, that was a bit corny! ;) But, glad to hear Fay is on her way out finally.

Lori, congrats on conquering that hill and that 1.6 gone!! Now you've got me trying to remember that Spice Girl's name. It's not Scary. Or Geri, I don't think. Or is it? Meri, Beri?? ;) I do remember her hair was cute. I'm sure your DH will like it - if not, he'd better say he does, right?!

Hottie, OK, so who did you really get those Hardcores for?? What a great gift! If I remember right, you work out with your DH sometimes, right? That will be fun. Do you have two steps?

Its like the spice girl who is married to the soccer play that just move to the USA. I am sure you all know who I am talking about. But for the life of me I can't remember her name. :eek:

And there is really no reason I should know this...it's Posh Spice and Victoria Beckham. (I am not making this up, but the one who owns the ONLY spice girls thing in my home is DH NOT ME...)

That's awesome about the weight loss -- that's huge! I'm jealous :)

Hottie, OK, so who did you really get those Hardcores for?? What a great gift! If I remember right, you work out with your DH sometimes, right? That will be fun. Do you have two steps?

I KNOW! I'm such a selfish wife. But the GS series scares me so that's all his...

We do workout together when we can, but no step work. He really dislikes the step. We can manage to do kickboxing stuff in our living room and some bootcamp like stuff. Maybe when we get a bigger place we can get two steps...frankly I was thinking about getting him a REALLY REALLY easy step dvd. My basic step with Cathe ended up getting shuffled to a friend never to be seen again a long time ago as I progressed in level. Does anyone know any easy step workouts (like for dummies) that isn't terribly expensive?

Yea, yea, Fay, Fay, go away, come again another day! NOT! Sorry, that was a bit corny! ;) But, glad to hear Fay is on her way out finally.

LOL!!!! That was funny! :). She is hiting hard on us right now again!! The kids have no school again tomorrow, so this might be a long weekend thing. I need to get out of this house!! LOL!

Good afternoon everyone...checking in kind of late today but I did do my work out this morning. I didn't do what was on tap because I don't have the workout and I really wanted to get outdoors. DH and I went for 4 mile run. I am going to toot my horn because I made it up a HUGE hill running. I never thought I would ever get up that hill. I always end up walking up. But today I prayed and was determined to get up what I call my "heart break hill" and I did it.

Ivy I can't believe that FAY came back. and is leaving again. At least you got your work out in. :eek:

Hottie Glad to see that you are able to workout the knee must be better. Step away from DH's bday gift. LOL I think I would have given him his gift already so I could use them. ;)

Beth I agree I don't like MIC it is a hard one for me. UGH right up there with Imax 3.

Today I went and got my hair cut and colored. I have never colored my hair before. It is hard to get use to the color since I've been a red head for 38 years. I am still a red but it is a darker shade and I am not sure if I like it or not. I needed a change the grays were starting to take over. My DH doesn't even know that I did this. I even when short! Its like the spice girl who is married to the soccer play that just move to the USA. I am sure you all know who I am talking about. But for the life of me I can't remember her name. :eek:

Well go to run talk to you all soon

Lori

I used to color my hair alot when I was a teenager, and now I've been natural for about 8 yrs and now I don't even dare to color it, lol. I will color when I do get more grays though. WTG on your weightloss :)

The light left again a few mins ago, so I'm turning my computer off. Be back tomorrow :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.