August 08 ^^ Wednesday Aug 20 ^^

ShyWolf

Cathlete
Good Morning All

KPC is scheduled for myself here soon.

Hope all had a good night's rest and ready to begin another day.

Sun is not even out yet but I'm ready to workout here soon as I finish this cup of coffee.

I feel some DOMS in my quads - I'm thinking a large part of it was when I was testing my 1RM yesterday or perhaps a combination of testing & PS Legs.

I have another busy day ahead of me so I hope to BBL for personals.

picture.php

Goodmorning Vilma and all that follow…

Yay! The storms if almost gone and I’m so glad! Yesterday I was a total mess. I was just so scared all day looking out the window since we kept having tornado warnings. Last night I almost couldn’t sleep, but when I did I ended up dreaming about tornadoes!!! But, things are calm now and I’m at peace. Thank you all for your prayers! Today is B&G premix #3; I don’t think I’ve ever done that premix before.

Vilma: Enjoy KPC! That workout is fun!

I’ll BB later. My DD doesn’t have school today.

Good Morning Ladies!!

Today is BodyMax the Original..woo hooo! Gonna start as soon as I type this....so I might be typing for awhile..lol

Vilma-have fun with KPC when you have those DOMS in your quads...that should be fun..hehe
Ivy- I am so happy to hear that the storm caused no harm!! Tornado's are so destructive and deadly. I read that Fay strengthened when it hit land...it's usually the other way around! I'm glad you have power so you can get your workout in!

BBL!

Iris

Hi ladies...

Today's workout is CTX kickbox and a segement of ab hits..I may add some extra cardio is I have time today..

Vilma: Enjoy KPC. Gladly I can still walk today. I do feel some slight DOMS. But, they are manageable!

Ivy: Glad you had no problems from the storm. Is school closed due to the storm? I remember alot of days missing school due to tornado/hurricane warnings.

Iris: OOOH!! Bodymax is a toughie!! Good luck with it..

Be back after I teach the kids and get that workout done. We don't have too much going on today. I am taking the kids to the library and that is about it for today..

Good Morning, Vilma, Ivy, Iris and Kathy and all who follow.

Vilma have fun with KPC its another one that I love. I think I need to change my top 5 Favorite weekly. Every time I see what someones workout it is I am always saying I love that one.:eek:

Ivy glad everything went smoothly with Fay. The sun is out here and its a little chilly this morning. This morning would have been a great day for a run. Have fun with BG.

Iris Have fun with Body Max 1 is another fav of mine.

Kathy How was kick boxing CTX? I don't have that one.
Did you have fun at the library? I need to return some books.

Today I did 4ds KB only and 10 min abs from MIS. I wish I did a longer work out I don't think I have time for anything else today since I am helping my son with a diorama and I have school tonight.

Have a great day

BBL

Lori:cool:

Good morning Lori, Vilma, Iris, Kathy, Ivy and everyone else!! Wow, my legs are really feeling PS Legs from yesterday. It was really painful walking to work from the train this morning. It's mostly my inner thighs.

Today I cheated on Cathe a bit - I did Amy's In the Ring instead of CTX Kickbox. I wanted a longer workout and Amy's is fun. Although I had no energy this morning. Didn't get to bed till almost midnight and then was up a few times. My son informed me at 10:30 last night that he swallowed this little twirly thing from inside these goofy plastic lips he had that whistled. I guess he inhaled too hard and the whistle part went down his throat. Sounds like a very unsaft toy to me and he got this at our church picnic last weekend. It's less than 1/2 inch wide, so I think he should be fine. But he was worried about it and had me worried. I'm having DH call the doctor this morning. I have a feeling I know what she's going to tell us to do and it's not pretty! ;( That's my exciting life as it stands now!!

Ivy, so glad things have calmed down and no damage was done.

Lori, we've made a few dinoramas! Yea, I'm always changing what I think are my favorite workouts too.

Kathy, let us know how CTX Kickbox is. I think I've only done it once or twice and I can't remember if I like it or not!

Iris, the original BodyMax is so tough!! I remember doing it the first time and thinking "this lady is crazy!!"

Vilma, have fun with KPC. I don't have any DOMS at all in my quads from PS Legs. Mostly my thighs, so maybe it was from your 1RM test.

Talk to you all later...

Joanne

Hey Everyone!!
You're all up early, getting it done!!

I ended up doing Turbo Jam's: Punch, Kick & Jam (minus the tubing work). And then, I was just going to do the standing abs from Ab Jam, but , once again, if the workout is playing, I can't just STOP, I have to finish it to the end! So I did 20 minutes of ab work. PKJ is one of the more "violent" Turbo Jams , I swear. I felt like I was punching people, grabbing them, whipping them down to the floor, a LOT! Good workout to get some aggresion out of your system!!

Vilma: Hope KPC is fun for ya!!

Ivy: Glad Fay didn't cause damage !! Phsewww!! And the electricity is on so you can do B&G. I'm not sure I've done that premix either, let us know what it is and how you do!!

Iris
: BM 1, oh myyyy. You need to talk yourself INTO that one for a few hours before doing it!!

Kathy: Let us know how CTX Kickbox is. Lately I've been reading the forums and hearing such praise for the CTX series, and now I want it! But that's what happened to me when I got CM and CK and I wish I hadn't! So tell me what you think! I'm looking forward to hitting the library today too. I ordered a stress book, called, "The Anxiety & Phobia Workbook". I feel good THIS week, but the last few weeks, I felt I needed something to help me chill out! this one was recommended to me.

Lori: Yes! It is a wonderful day for a run! I live near Westfield State College, and there have been a zillion students running by my house all morning. And as much as I miss running, i just didn't "feel like it". Weird, huh? Maybe if the mood strikes me later, I will.

Joanne: No such soreness in my legs today. Maybe I'll feel it later. Some times we need to cheat on Cathe , just to make us appreciate her more! (sounds good, right?). Oh my on your son swallowing that thingie! It sounds like something one of my boys would do! In fact, my 8 year old swallowed a nickle this past winter. We never saw it "pass" , but he is still alive! :D

Beth: Your museum trip sounded fun. A good way to entertain the kids! thanks for the advice on the haircut. I'm not fighting him on it so much. It's not so much that I don't like it long, it's the way it's cut. It's "bowl" like, and he looks like a little girl with a pixie (I'll try to attach a picture). My other son is going to the barber today, and Alex is going to go along. I'm going to have my DH ask him to maybe layer the front a little, so it's not so much "bowl" like! ... Hey...sorry you had a bout of feeling depressed too. You girls just break my heart , you're such wonderful women, and the world is a MUCh better place with you !!

Here's my son:

I took it yesterday, after his cut...

Now I'm off to finish my Ricotta Cheese snack :) and my plum and then off to the shower!

Will check back later...

Attachments

• DSCN2363.jpg
    DSCN2363.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 7
Good morning all! I did GS BSB this morning, and I'm so shakey I can barely type! :) I'm really going to feel it the next couple of days, and I have chest/triceps to do on Friday!

Lori, I know what you mean about favorite workout -- it changes for me as I do them, though I'm not sure I'd be putting BSB on that list! :)

Joanne, wow, a whistle to search for!!! Ay-yi-yi! Was his stomach bothering him -- I mean, is that why he finally told you about it? It's amazing the things kids go through and don't tell parents because they're afraid to. Oh, and how'd you do with ITR? I've done it about three times, and still struggle with some of the choreo, but I'm getting it, I think. It's toward the end I think that I sometimes give up.

My kids want to go to the SF zoo today, and I just don't feel like driving all that way (more than an hour one way), so I'm trying to think of something more enticing....

Ivy, so glad the storm is behind you -- I can understand not sleeping, and then dreaming about it -- you feel like you've had no rest, right?

Have a good Wednesday!

-Beth

Hello again!

This morning I did B&G Leg Blast premix and boy was that TOUGH! My legs will be feeling this one tomorrow! Tomorrow is Imax the original and I’m looking forward to it since I’ve never done it before. One question..When I finish this Lower Body rotation, should I do another lower body rotation or something else? Just wondering..

Iris: Enjoy Body Max! I know, when I kept hearing it got stronger I was like, WHAT?? It’s supposed to weaken! But, thank God it wasn’t as bad as I thought it would be.

Kathy: Yup! School is closed today because of the storm. They said they should be back in school tomorrow. Hey, what are the requirements to home school? Is it tough?

Lori: Thanks! WTG on 4DS Kickboxing! I love that workout.

Joanne: WTG on Amy’s in the Ring. I’ve been wanting to buy that workout.

Chris:
Thanks! B&G Leg Blast premix was tough!! But, it was fun! I know I will be feeling DOMS tomorrow. Awww! Your son is so cute! Thanks for sharing the pic! I have to post my kids soon so you guys can see them.

Well, I’m off to make some lunch. I hope you all have a great day today!

I’ll BB later.

Beth I'm glad the storm is over too. Last night I didn't rest well, just dreaming about Tornadoes then getting up constantly to look outside. I'm glad I will be able to sleep good tonight though :) WTG on GSBSB, I love that series.

Chris, I love Kick, punch and jam! I debated between a Turbo Jam and Amy today. Your son is adorable!! My son Colin had a similar cut earlier this summer, but it did grow out nice. He's going through a thing now, where all his hair has to be combed straight down like your's sons is in his picture. My son Ian went through a long hair stage last year. It actually looked cute on him, but it kept getting in his eyes and was bugging him. And, he was constantly flicking his hair back, well, more like flinging it! DH used to give all the boys buzz cuts in the backyard when they were younger and he's continued the tradition of cutting their hair every summer. But, only my oldest now looks good in a buzz cut, the others need longer hair. I tell my DH during the school year I want them to get "professional" cuts. ;) Well, he tried to trim Ian's hair when it was long and just made a mess of it!! I had to take him in to get it "fixed".

Beth, the GS made my arms so sore last week - especially chest and triceps! Be warned! No, my son's stomach isn't bothering him at all. I told him to let us know if anything funky is going on or he doesn't feel good. I think he was just more freaked about this foreign object being in him and how it was going to get out! I did OK with ITR. I finally gave up on that spin kick thing and just substituted some regular kicks. And, the last combo I'm pretty much exhausted so I didn't do too well with that one. I've given up towards the end before, too, but did finish it today, sort of!

Chris - you owe me the beer today, I think! :) My son also has the bowl cut! I cut both my boys' hair and pretty much always have. There was a time last summer they were going to be in my niece's wedding that my older son wanted to go to a professional, but after that, he has preferred me doing it. They have very different hair, and the one who has very straight hair I find so hard to cut -- hence, the bowl look!! I wonder when they will finally get sick of mom cutting their hair!! It is a very cute picture. I'm still behind on picture work (no avatar!), but I do intend to point you guys to pictures of our Mendocino trip, so you can see my boys then. Oh, and on the depression -- thank goodness it has not hit me like that again. That was a different time of my life and I'm in a much better space now.

Joanne, I think it's the kick-spin thing in ITR that gets me, too.

Oh, on the turbo jams, you guys.... do you think I could do one of her longer ones instead of KPC? I mean, do you think it's as intense? I'm ready to do a little cheating on Cathe, myself. :)

-Beth

Hello again everyone!!

Just wanted to say a quick hello and it looks like everyone is having great workouts! Body Max went off without a hitch....woo hoo! I was feeling it today!
Kathy- 2 w/o's I don't have are ab hits and ctx kickbox...how do they compare in your opinion?
Lori- 4ds KB is my fave kickbox workout (even about KPC)...I think it's a great workout in a short amount of time!
Beth- I just got GS in the mail yesterday! I can't believe I'm excited already about the DOMS that I don't have from it yet...lol Sounds like you had a great workout if you're shaken!
Jojo- Glad you had a good workout! Even if it wasn't Cathe! :)

Check ya's later

Iris

Hey everyone!!

For all those who inquired, I did enjoy CTX kickbox today...She does drills in those that I like. Kinda a shortened version of KPC. I would say. The library was great. The kids attend an art class there in the summer and during the school year. They have alot of fun. Chris likes it when they do food creations like today. They made spiders and bugs from pretzels and ritz crackers and peanut butter. They looked great.. I also did the leaner legs ab section off ab hits.

Iris: I like both DVDs. Ab hits in just a compilation of ab routines from some of Cathe's earlier DVDs. I like having them together on one DVD and I can pop it in and choose one. Good luck with GS. I bought those with birthday money last year. I love it. Now with all the cathe fitness line up. I can keep asking for Cathe gift cards!! YEAH!!

Ivy: Homeschool requirements differ by state. But, I love it. The school sends me a list of curriculum that they approve the fits the standards of learning. I choose one off the list and use it. The curriculum I buy has teacher and student books and I get them both. The teacher guides tell you what to cover and even sometimes an example of exactly how to say it. Not too hard. It takes up our morning and in the afternoon they are signed up for other activities like PE, art and Lauren used to take piano lessons. But, those and baseball and softball keep us busy..

Hi to everyone..Gotta get started on dinner now.

Iris, yes, you will really like GS. I haven't done them that many times, but after two so far this week, I'm wondering why not! :)

Chris, you asked about CTX, right? To be honest, I've not tried them all that much. I bought them when I was first so hooked on Cathe and was buying a whole bunch, and they were my least favorite of the bunch, but given what everyone is buzzing about them, I think I need to try them again. I'm not sure what to tell you about buying them or not -- you have STS on order, right? Personally, I'm not very excited about spending more money on strength training when I have that on order (but I do know CTX is more than just strength). I guess my advice would be to view the clips again -- you probably have -- and do what your instinct tells you. Sure wish we lived close so you could borrow them to try! :)

-Beth

Kathy Thanks for the information :) I'm going to see if maybe that's something I might want to do someday.

I hope you all have a great rest of the day! I will bb tomorrow morning :)

Good Evening!

My legs got sorer as the day went on! That's what I get for saying I didn't get DOMs from PS:LEGS! :rolleyes:

Hey Beth! I'll buy the beer this time! All I have to offer is a Corona Light w/ Lime ... my favorite summertime beer! (Gosh, I need to drink more!) I hear ya on the shaking from BSB! tough stuff!. Thanks for the input on CTX. My freakin computer is missing something so I can't watch the clips. :mad: But I do have STS coming, so maybe I'll just sit low on CTX for now.

Joanne: I hadn't done PKJ (TJ) in a LONG time! I'd forgotten how fun it was! I love punching , the capiera (sp?) is pretty cool too. I'm not a fan of the band work at the end though. it seems like such a drop in the bucket as far as getting any benefit from it.

Ivy: I probably WOULDN'T do another lower body rotation. Do something with all weight work maybe, with LB included, but for me, I wouldn't do another lower body focused rotation back to back.

Iris: I have Ab Hits too. I like it, because as Kathy said, you can add a 7-10 minute ab work very quickly if you want to. Plus there is ab stuff from videos I don't have. I like it alot!

Kathy: that library class sounds like fun!

So , yes. Alex got his hair REcut. Beth, my DH used to buzz their hair in the summer too! They 'grew out of it' (for now). But I loved the buzz cut, no sweaty little heads when they run around cuckoo! Anyhow, I'm much happier, and he is too. (he just wanted some length to it). PLUS, it looks just like his older brother's , so he's happy as a clam (we all want to be like our older brothers, right?? :D)

I took more pictures! LOL!

Attachments

• DSCN2364.jpg
    DSCN2364.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 4
  • DSCN2365.jpg
    DSCN2365.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 4
Hey All:)
Sorry I can't be on here more often. When I am I sneek on it at work!
This weeks schedule
Today MIS upperbody and abs then 4DS KB warm up only then legs only
8/21 Kick max cardio and blast only
8/22 GS Back and Bis CM tough abs
8/23 4DS HIS cardio ony
8/24 Chest and Tris CM #1
8/25 GS Legs I'll try to be on here more:)
Have a great rest of the week
Randi

Chris, a corona light with a lime wedge sounds pretty good right about now! On the CTX clips -- I forgot -- I can only watch her clips when I'm at work on the computer there --- my home systems are also missing whatever it is. Do you ever try collage? The clips aren't as long, but I find they don't require whatever it is cathe's site does, so that might give you and idea (if they offer CTX!). The hair re-cut looks cute!

Randidiane, that looks like a good tough week!

Manana,
-Beth

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.