April 10 Check in Tuesday 27th***********

Kathy36

Cathlete
Good morning ladies...

Today will be Imax 3 and medicine ball abs fo rmy workout....Luckily, no big DOMS from yesterday's Gym style..

ok, be back later...Gotta get started on the day..

Hi Kathy!

5.gif

Hope you make it an "all about Kathy" Day!!!!! IM3 sounds like a good way to celebrate! LOL!!! Will you have cake today? (you know I love talking about cake!)

Another drizzly cool day here. I didn't mind Sunday or Monday, because I slept, but today I wanted the sun to be out!!! Oh well, guess I can suck it up. The most important thing is for Saturday to be nice, we're having a big party for Jake's 1st Communion.

The rotation this week is screwed up , IMO. Yesterday was BM, and today is supposed to be PUB. I thought BM had more upper body than anything. So I'm switching up today to do TOMORROW'S scheduled workout: Leaner Legs and tomorrow I'll do upper body again.

But 1st, have to go get my haircut and highlighted.

And then stop for groceries.

My workout is much delayed, but I'll get it done. I may have more energy later anyhow. I seemed to have used it all up between 5:45a and 8:30a!

Joanne: Poor Caitlyn! hope she did ok overnight. It's got to be sooo hard , her being so sensitive. And scary too! (BTW.. I
3.gif
Nutella!!!). Let me know if you do BM and what you think. I hardly even remember that workout, I swear. It was pretty good. One thing about it, Cathe was kind of "easy", kept saying, "take a break if you need it". I don't think she ever says that these days! LOL!

Beth: Oh, that clown stalker thing would be the perfect thing to put me over the edge!!! *shudder*!!!! BM is 91 Minutes!!!. It's very similiar to BM2, the same sequences, 1st, a step workout, and then blasts followed by leg work, and then a straight upper body weight work, abs and stretch! ... I'm definitely convinced to get the gloves! I think those, and maybe a new mat, and a t-shirt or 2. I was thinking, I'd hardly used the pull up/push up tower. Only if I did STS, which would only be 1 or 2 times a year, the most.

*waves* to Hottie! looks like you landed back in LA! I bet that plane adventure wore you out! are you back to work today?

Happy Birthday Kathe! Kathy! :D I wrote your birthday on my paper calendar to remember it for next year and I purposely spelled it Kathe so I'd know which of my Kathy's I was talking about. Silly me. I hope you have a fantastic day even though you've already done the family celebration. How did Lauren's test go? Did she feel good about things?

Chris, wow.... maybe I don't have the original Body Max! Is it on a disc with other things? I'll have to check. Makes sense that it's like Body Max 2 though (duh). And BM2 is definitely heavy in the arm work, as I recall, so yeah, seems very strange to schedule PUB after something like that! Good idea to switch it. I keep thinking I have to pull out that Leaner Legs one again -- everyone always talks about how killer it is.

Yeah, that stalker clown thing was nuts! You have a very busy day! Sorry it's drizzly -- we have rain today, too. A few days of it, and then the weekend is supposed to be nice again, so at least we have the right thing going on there (for non-weekend workers).

Joanne, how is Caitlyn this morning? Hope all is well!

Hottie, are you glad to be home with Evee? Of course! Tell us all about the trip (unless you stopped in for cupcakes last night -- I'll have to go check).

Oh, my workout! It wasn't really a workout, but a stretch, and today I do feel more stretched out, so it's all good.

Ok.... everyone go out there and enjoy Kathy's birthday!!

Kathy (Kathe ;)), HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! Imax3 is a great Bday workout!! Yes, do tell, will there be cake?

Beth, you stole my cupcake last night! The original Body Max (sorry, I just can't write BM!) is on a DVD with two other workouts, which I can't remember right now. It was originally on a VHS. Stretching is good! I missed the glove conversation. Do you have them? What weight are they? How are they sized? I bet they would be good to use with Tonique.

Chris, how many people are you having for Jake's communion? I really need to start thinking about Jameson's graduation party since he graduates June 2nd. I was thinking about having it during our block party, but I don't know if that's a crazy idea. I figure the streets will be blocked off and most of our neighbors would come anyway. Except it's not till the end of July. We'll see, need to make a decision soon though. Yeah, that is a crazy schedule on the rotation. You must be almost done - it seemed like a tough one!

Caitlyn seemed fine this morning. Her eyes were a bit puffy, but the hives were gone. She fell asleep around 8:00 last night from the Benadryl (early for her) and I had a hard time waking her at 7:30 for school. Chris, I love Nutella, too! I stay away from it cause it's addicting.

Oh yea, my workout! I did another TurboKick, from Vol. 4. I swear, if I was stranded on a desert island and could only bring one type of workout, it would be the turbokicks! They are just so much fun. Then I did BBL High & Tight. I think I'm fighting off a cold. Heads all stuffy, but I feel OK otherwise. Popping the cold-eze.

Must go....

Joanne

Quickly..... Joanne, I love the gloves... I actually ended up with both the two pounders (1 each) and four pounders (2 each). They do seem like they'd be good for tonique, and, well, they are -- it's much more comfortable than holding weights, but...... my hands really sweat and I'm not sure how to clean them. Ew, I know!!

Glad Caitlyn's better! A good night of sleep is a bonus, too! ;)

I vote to have the party with the block party!

Thanks for the birthday wishes ladies..You have made me feel special on my bday!

Chris: No cake for me today. I had a fabulous dessert on Sunday at Olive garden. Lauren's birthday is May 2nd. So, I will be making her a cake for her party. No need for 2 cakes. Too much temptation around with that!! Love the birthday graphics. Love it!!

Beth: I am having a great day so far. The kids made me birthday gifts and were so sweet this morning...Lauren did a wonderful job on her CCD exam. I was so proud of her. The test allowed for the child to make a 100 plus 10 extra credit points. Lauren made a 104...We were very happy about that!

Joanne: Thanks, as I said no cake. There will be lots of cake this weekend with Lauren's birthday..Glad Caitlyn is better Good job on the workout!!! I haven't given those a try yet.

Ok, time to get Imax 3 done today!! oh and enjoy the day. No rain today and the sun is out. Chris has a baseball game tonight. So, I hope it stays nice...

happy bday kathy! I hope you enjoy yourself. I just wanted to stop in and say hi because I doubt I'll be able to have time to post today. But I promise to make time later this week! happy bday again!

Hey again!

Went and got my haircut and highlighted. Plus she talked me into a hair conditioner. The 2 ladies that got cuts and color before me, $47. My bill? $97!!!! I almost crapped my pants when she told me!!! :confused: .. Stopped for some groceries on the way home too. And then came home and did Leaner Legs. At least it's not so long, but there were at least 3 times I YELLED out, "OH GOD, NOT MORE!" at the TV! I wanted to do a little cardio, so I did 3/4's of Step Moves. Up until that last combo with the 6 count reverse mambo thingie . I was quickly losing energy and found myself standing there with my mouth open, so I stopped and cooled down!

Kathy: Glad you liked the birthday banner! :) I getcha on the cake thing. The months of May and June are big cake months. Saturday, we'll have one for Jake and I can't help it, but I love a cake from the local Italian Bakery for my birthday (May 7th) and Greg does the same on his, June 5th! Your kids are sweet to make you gifts!! Those are the best gifts, aren't they?

Beth: LOL @ Kathe! I like it! ... Body Max is on the same DVD with Power Hour and another one... can't remember the 3rd. You must have it! It's so weird that I've not done that one so much. Maybe because it is 91 minutes! Seems so daunting. But it really is do-able. BM2 is harder! .. And yeah, I have some pretty decent DOMS in my back and triceps today. I could never do PUB today! This rotation is from 2004. Maybe Cathe had been drinking back then! ;)... YAY for a good stretch today!!!! Always appreciated!

Joanne: Not too big of a party for Jake's 1st communion party. Maybe 20? and then I'm sure the boys will have some of their friends. ... This is the last week of the Body Fat/Legs & Glutes Rotation! It's been super tough. I really don't LIKE working my legs. It's been a big push for me. I have no idea what to do next. ... Turbo Kick is a blast! I just wish the music/choreography was a bit better done. They are done kind of "cheaply" , like a "Home Video" , don't you think? I can not WAIT for the new Turbo from Beachbody!! Any word on it that you've heard?... Good to hear Caitlyn is better! I know about the Benadryl! Remember? Alex passed out COLD on Easter because of having to take a benadryl for his allergies.

HEY Hottie, sounding like you're having a crappy back to work day today (traffic?). Seems you should be able to have a little 'vacation' from your vacation!!

P.S. Okay, $97 later, I ask the boys if they noticed my haircut. They said, "No, it looks the same to me". :eek::eek::eek:

Chris, wow, why was your cut and color so much higher than the other ladies? Actually around here $47 for all that would be unheard of. $97 is pretty reasonable for us. Mine is usually around $125. That's why I only go every four months! Oh yeah, I remember you talking about Alex and the Benadryl. I'll never forget when Jameson and Ian were around 4 and 5, we went my parents for a holiday. They had a cat and they would get so stuffed up and wheezy whenever we went there. One time DH gave them Benadryl before we got there. He must have overdosed them, because they both passed out and Jameson scared me - he was really out of it. They actually seemed like they were drunk. We could barely wake either of them up. They just sat there passed out on the couch the whole time with their mouths hanging open. I can laugh about it now, but at the time I was mad at DH! Great workout! I think Leaner Legs is hard cause she just moves from one thing to the next without much of a break. Did you see any results from this rotation? Yea, the production isn't the greatest on the Turbo Kicks. Once it gets going I kind of forget about it. But I really notice the difference when I pop in something like BBL right afterwards.

Hi Hottie. Sounds like you had a really rough trip home and day today! Hope things settle down!

Editing....Chris, I forget to tell you what my kids usually say when I get my hair cut. The boys have become a bit more sensitive and aren't brutally honest. But, Caitlyn usually says "ewww, it's ugly". Nice. Ian will usually say, "you look like you have a coconut on your head." So, "it looks the same" isn't so bad! ;)

Joanne

Last edited:
Ok, I'm awesome. I managed to get enough stuff done today to justify sitting down and writing a post.

Thanks for all the compliments on the dress! My SIL would rather live in the age of 20s and she sells vintage dresses on ebay, so when I saw this retro dress in such a gorgeous color I picked it up. $50! What was really funny was that I had to not wear a bra because when I wore a strapless bra it made my boobs look even bigger and push out of the dress screaming, "look at me!" I'm convinced now that big designers like CK and VW only make dresses for thin sticks with flat chests. Ok, that's enough boob talk.

The wedding itself was fine. I would actually love to vent privately about how Joe and his family can make my head explode. We don't have good relations with my SIL...mostly because she ditched our wedding early, lied to everyone about why, and then when caught, the whole family started lying to cover it up and protect her and it was just weird. She didn't prioritize her brother that day and we had issues with her but dragging the family in to protect her and make them liars? Ehhh...and her behavior leading up to her wedding was questionable. But I'm glad she had a nice a wedding and got to do things the way she wanted to. I think Joe and I were happiest to spend some time with his mother who probably was the most open with me ever and just really energetic which was nice. The whole trip ruined our sleep cycle from the start. We didn't get any time to do anything like explore but I've decided that west florida is possibly more boring than South Jersey. And they drive faster than we do in LA! That was crazy. Oh, and I'm the best shopper ever. But we knew that. ;)

I didn't get to workout once on the trip. But today I did step moves while traffic was "clearing" due to another LAPD funeral. That was fun (the workout, not the traffic or the funeral). But my right hip flexor is killing me. I think I "charlie horsed" it in the middle of the whole flying back home nonsense. Oh, I was frisked (read racially profiled) TWICE in Atlanta. I do not have kind things to say about Delta.

Ok, so I didn't get to read everything that happened in the threads while I was out dealing with the wedding but I did want to thank Beth for pointing to the totalfitnessdvds sale. I picked up two Ellen Barrett DVDs. debated about getting a Cathe one (specifically Drill Max or Cardio fusion) but wanted some sculpting stuff I could do. And clowns freak the sh*t out of me too. Benadryl is the only thing that can protect me from the hives in India and it's literally me fighting it so I don't look like I OD'ed. It's one of the few drugs that actually can make me drowsy.

I wonder how much it would cost to get my hair highlighted...I like my black though. My sister did the coloring and highlights and it looked ok but my bigger fear is the treatment to my hair. My hair is blacker than most dyes so it's hard to work with in coloring area...I'm lucky if I get my haircut for $50. I'm usually shilling out $70-100 here (one good hair cut is worth more than 2 sh*tty ones).

Oh and Evee missed us! Our friends did fine for the most part with her. She was sad a lot because we weren't around and they didn't call the dog walker for her to get her exercise. But I'm thrilled with them because she did have a poop accident on the first night while her tummy was still getting adjusted. Oh but when I was home she attacked me with love to the point that Joe was jealous. just wouldn't leave my side. Jumped on me so hard that she broke some skin on my arm too!

Ok, that was a decent update, right? I'm sorry I didn't give more personalized messages but tomorrow hopefully i'll be back in full swing.

One more hour before I bolt!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.