April 10 Check in Thursday 29th**********

Kathy36

Cathlete
Good morning ladies...

I am feeling some chest and triceps DOMS thanks to gym style yesterday!! Today is Rhythmic Step which I really love to do. So, I hope that will loosen up the soreness..We also have a 9 oclock appointment this morning to have one of Lauren's baby teeth pulled. The orthodontist said it was in his way. It is loose too. Vic and I kept telling her to work it out so we don't have to pay to have it pulled and she didn't get it out. So, we are getting it taken care of this morning...

Ok, I read last night's post...

Hottie: Thanks..The kids can do the math. But, they just don't want to...We are going to be using Seton homeschooling curriculum next year and I think they use Saxton Math series..

Beth: I hate to tell you that I paid $175 last Mother's Day for my highlighting. That is why I didn't go back and went back to a box. I felt so guilty for spending that kind of money on my hair...

Chris: I go to Marshalls and Ross and go straight for the workout wear too. Then I head for the handbags..Eventually, I end up in the regular clothes..

Joanne: Hi...Hope you are feeling better today!!

OK, time to get ready for the dentist..

Hey Girls...

Busy day coming up. At least the sun is out and we're leaning towards warmer temps. I think up to 60-ish today. By the weekend, 80! My plan for a workout is PLB, Stability ball after the warm-up, and then a run at the park. Yes! A run at the park! Happiness!

Kathy: Enjoy RS today!! that is a fun workout, and crazy that it's an hour, because it goes by so quickly doing all those fun steps. ... I'm happy to hear you prefer workout clothes too! :).

Beth:
You probably thought I'd miss your post last night, and your confession! Holy crow, I'm feeling pretty good about my $97 now! :eek:. Yeah, that would have made it worse if those LOM at the barbers were retired clowns! One was going on and on about how he retired years ago, and his wife never let up on him, and how he learned to tune her out , and just say, "Yes, dear. Yes, dear". Funny what LOM talk about!.... Whatcha gonna do today? STS??? HUH??? can you do it?

Hottie: Guess you got the cupcake, you mean girl you!. Your spa day sounds nice, as long as you're the spa-er and not the spa-ee! You would have freaked ME out if you were here and looked like a clown. Hey, I'll have to ask Zach what kind of science he's doing. I'd forgotten we have a resident expert here!!

Joanne: Hope you feel better today too!!!!

Good morning!!! Drumroll please...... I couldn't get out of bed this morning, so.... I did...... PUB back and tricep. I was going to do 4DS, but they were split across discs, and then I thought I'd do ME portions, but the chapters aren't done by body part, so.... PUB! Plus I added in some tricep dips, some chinups/pullups with band, and some of my chiro exercises for the upper back. I just couldn't face it when I knew I didn't really have time and I am so sore from yesterday!

Kathy, so sorry you had to pay so much, but it does make me feel better! Except that mine is nothing that complicated -- no highlights, no first time color or anything. Sigh...... I just keep going back to her because she really knows how to cut my hair and she gets the color just right. And yeah, I thought maybe people wouldn't see it if I posted last night! Silly me. ;)

Too bad Lauren couldn't get her tooth out!! Good luck with that.

Chris, did you just want to say to that LOM "I wish I could tune YOU out!"? :D

Speaking of science.... Travis has to do something on astronomy/solar system and he picked the rings of saturn. What? How are you going to be able to do a whole project/report on the rings of saturn? What do I know? I suppose people have done PhD theses on them! I hate it when he has these bigger projects....

Ok, lots to do this morning...... not sure when I'll be back -- Thursdays are full! Have a good one!

Chris, you are too funny with the LOM stories!! I can so picture the barber shop scene. And, why are all LOM little?? ;) You rarely see a fat, tall old man. Think about it. Enjoy your run!!

Beth, I was thinking on my way to work today if you did STS back and triceps or subbed! Good substitute! Are you going to continue with STS? Maybe jump to Meso 2. I saw your post about the cost of your hair, too. Thought you could sneak that in, huh? ;) But, if you find someone who does what you want, you have to stick with them. The guy who does mine is kind of whacko, but I love the color he does. I need a new style, though, not sure what, but I'm tired of it. I'm making an appt. for me and Caitlyn to go Saturday morning. Maybe Hottie can help out Travis with his science experiment?? It's so different now - all the kids do is go online to research stuff. We always had to go to the library. Not sure if that's good or bad. Colin has to do a project on an author. First he picked Gary Paulsen, but he's never read any of his books. Now he's switched to Jerry Spinelli. I hate these projects, too.

Hottie, sounds like a nice spa day at home!

Kathy, ugh - the ortho! My DH would have been yanking out that tooth himself!! Or delayed the appt. until it came out itself! Ian had the staples taken out of his head earlier this week. DH kept saying he could do it himself. Um, no! Enjoy RS!

I'm feeling better today. Still stuffy, but not quite so foggy. I just hope it doesn't move into my chest. I did go for that walk yesterday. It was nice. Went about three miles.

OK, I was bad - ordered more DVDs. ;) I got Jillian's Yoga Meltdown, Amy Dixon's Super Fit Bod and Perfect Glutes, Legs and Abs. OK, if those last two give me what the titles promise, I'll be one happy lady! Yea, right, that'll happen! Oh, and did any of you see the deal on the new Bosu workouts that was talked about on VF? It's a set (some with Mindy) of five DVDs that sells for $100. Well, there was a discount code for I think 85% off?? Not sure, but I only paid about $15 for them (plus tax and shipping). So those are on their way, too. I'm so weak. :( Anyway, I did Amy's this morning. It was cardio intervals with some combination weight moves. It was pretty tough and fun.

Gotta go....have a good day!!

Joanne

good morning! I'm already done I think with my morning panic attack about lab. I think I need to go into my boss's office today and vent a little. Hopefully he'll be in supportive mode instead, what do you mean you screwed what up...

Kathy -- oh I hope the tooth pulling isn't so bad. Joe has a snaggle tooth that I know he wants removed at one point.

Chris -- heh, resident expert. You should have seen me for the past hours frantically going through papers because I thought I made a large screw up. And then freaking out because my boss may be upset that most of my attention has landed on one project when I think he wanted me to start another. And then worrying what I've been seeing is an artifact. Ahhh...scary stuff. I do find science as lower levels to be pretty poor...i never though I'd be a biologist (though I guess by my skills I'm a biochemist) because of the way it was taught in schools. I just had a vent fest because I couldn't believe the AP Bio exam covers material that doesn't reflect how the field has changed (as in, there are more things they have to learn about the structure of plants than they do about molecular biology which has just revolutionized everything). The spa at home thing is this resolution I made to make sure I treat myself...but its mixed because by the end of the day my feet are killing me and standing around to do anything else kills...and I tend to be doing chores with my masks on so what does that tell you?!? Drain is still not fixed unfortunately...

Beth -- why do teachers let them pick those projects? There's a lot of stuff on that but anything beyond the wikipedia page is outside of my realm.

I woke up a bit sore but I think I'm going to do 4DS KB after I get some more chores done (like fixing the pressure cooker). I need a pick me up.

Help!!

Hello Ladies,

If anyone is kind enough to answer I truly will appreciate. I am a newbie got all the STS DVD's first time ever working with Cathe. I love the DVD's but I am so lost in the workout manager and how to really manage my food. :(
I've looked at the tutorials but I'm beginning to think I'm really bad at computer software...LOL..Also new in the Forum area but have been reading some and I know it's a great way to keep each other motivated..
Yours truly,
Maritza
From sunny Florida..

Hey Again, Girls!

Taking a deep breath! It hasn't been too bad of a day, Greg ended up helping a TON by doing the laundry , LOVE that! I did PLB, just the warm up, and then the stability ball work, and then stretch. I still found the ball HARD to do, but I definitely did more reps!! A bit easier without all the weight work before it!

I headed out afterwards to the park for a run. My legs didn't have DOMS, per se, but I could feel them. They felt SOLID. It was almost a strong feeling too. The run was nice, but suddenly the wind picked up BIG time. I mean it had to be 40 MPH winds gusting! And 9 out of 10 times, I found myself running against it. Still, not a bad run and a nice stretch in the park when i was done!

Went shopping for Jake's present for Saturday, and then to the store to order food.

Came home, got going on my nursing continuing ed. Got it done! (After fubbing up and having to do the entire thing over!). AND renewed my nursing license on line!

Now my house is a total pigsty, and I know I'm going to be going crazy tomorrow feeling overwhelmed with cleaning it for Saturday!

Beth: hey , you did back and triceps! good add ons!!!! .. I love the LOM talk! I laugh that LOM = Little Old Men. Yes, they are always little!!!! that is a CRAZY assignment. Rings of Saturn? good luck with that! LOL!

Joanne: I love how you order new workouts!! You are crazier than me! (sometimes). Let us know how they are! You have a Bosu, then? .. You have a super fit bod already!!!!.... Ah! I know Gary Paulson. He writes books about kids and sports. He's good! Zach used to read alot of his books. Don't know the other guy.

Hottie: Zach told me he's studying "rocks". Rock dating or something like that. Know anything about that? sounds kind of "dry" to me ;) Your spa day treat sounds like the way I'd do it too!

Hi Maritza!: Welcome to the world of Cathe! It's a great world, great inhabitants! :) .. I know only about the workout manager. You click on "Calendar" and then pick your workout to the right. It will bring you to a page of workouts. If you pick "STS" workouts, it will scroll down to all the discs. Did you do the 1Rm testing and put your data in? ... The eating part is probably the hardest thing for me. I truly think you have to find something that works for you. I do phenomenal during the week, but have a huge weakness on the weekends (I work 12 hour night shifts, and sleep very little. I eat to stay awake and alert!). Haven't figured out how to fix that yet! Are you following a certain program? .. Have you ever tried Sparkpeople website? THAT is a huge help for me to track my eating. Plus there's tons of recipes and helpful articles. ...

Gotta run and start supper! BBL!

came home now but just wanted to ask beth what was your free dvd from mary? I ordered two ellen barret dvds so she sent me a third! That's cool!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.