April 10 Check in Thursday 1rst**********

Kathy36

Cathlete
Happy April ladies....

Well, I can't believe another month is over. But, I like that we are getting closer to summer!!! It is suppose to be beautiful here for the Easter weekend; in the 80s.....I love it!!

As far as workout for today. I am hoping that Cathe posts the April rotation before my workout time. Then I can decide what I am doing this month. I thought about waiting to start it on Monday. But, I may start today if it is posted. That is if I am doing the April rotation. I usually like what Cathe posts...

Ok, time to get the kids going for the day....Does anyone do the April fools jokes? I used to when I was a kid. But, not so much anymore...

Talk to you later...

Hey Girls!

Good Morning, Kathy!: Sounds like a good plan for workouts. I'm looking forward to what Cathe posts too! The last 2 months I've REALLY liked! Though if it doesn't appeal to me, i may do a running/leg rotation. I swear, I get the Runners World Magazine, and I so admire the bodies of the runners. I want one of those! LOL!. .... i was going to do this whole dinner thing for April Fools prank, BUT, it's so busy this afternoon and Zach has baseball practice, so we're going to be very rushed. I was going to make meatloaf muffins, and then "frost" them with pastel colored mashed potatoes so they looked like cupcakes. Now I think I'm just going to make them the worms in dirt dessert. Hey....Did you say you were having your family over for dinner on Sunday?... what are you planning on doing?

Beth: Sounds like a good friend visit yesterday! (Except for the iffy boys getting along or not getting along. I hate that!). I have to say, i don't think I have any friends that are into working out like myself. Some go to the gym every now and then, but most, not. And NONE work out at home. ... You know Greg still has the P90X UNused. Maybe one day I'll try it. Not in the mood though.

Hottie: Oh cupcakes and ice cream!!!! *drool*. We're celebrating my mom's birthday on Sunday too, and I'm driving myself crazy trying to think of what kind of cake to get her. or maybe I should go with a nice angel food cake with some kind of fruit sauce. My other thought is a carrot cake. The crappy thing is, i'm not a cake maker. I can cook a TON of stuff, but cakes "ain't my thing". ... Maybe I'll just do a carrot cake with cream cheese frosting. Those aren't hard, are they? ..... I swear, I don't think the CA atmosphere is good for you, Hottie! You are always getting into something or other. .Hope the rash/reaction is all gone today!.... I'm glad you got something out of Zach's God issue this week. I know this is corny, and I'm not a religious nut or anything (I told you, I'm a "bad" Catholic), but I almost feel that God had some doing in having Zach question his faith THIS week. To help BOTH of us with our faith. hey, and maybe you and Joe too! :)

Hey Joanne: How are you feeling today? Hope you're better, or you took a rest day. Are you getting that urge to run with the nice weather?

OMG, I have so much to do today. I'm freaking a little about Sunday's prep work. In the middle of all this , I'm taking Kiwi for his Lions Cut today... smack dab in the middle of my day of busy. It's ok. I just doubt about getting to a run at all. We'll see how bad my urge gets! LOL!

BBL!

I've decided to quit the check-in group....... April Fool's! Ok, it was the best I could come up with at 6:00am. I can't believe it's April!! I sometimes still do jokes, Kathy, but the last one I did was a little too good and has sort of come true and it's just not really funny. Ug. Backfire. My kids are thinking they're going to do something goofy for school like draw a smile with a sharpie (permanent, yes), on their faces.

It'll be interesting to see what Kathy posts -- there have been some good rotations lately!!

This morning I did MMA kickbox. I think it was the right amount of intensity!

Oh, Chris, I made that frozen yogurt recipe yesterday, but it sort of just ended up like really cold raspberry yogurt. Did yours stay thick and frozen? It was good, just not as good as I expected. I did mine in a blender since my food processor is one of those mini ones. Maybe this will finally make me break down and buy a real food processor. :D So, it may have been the blender factor.

Off to the races.... have a good one!

Oh, and I wanted to add in, with my "rest" week this week, my weight has been down a few lbs (not HUGE, but a few), which drives me absolutely BONKERS! I mean, I BURN about 600 calories a day when I work out, and now I'm not. What is up with THAT?????

Wondering if I should become a slug... ;)

BETH!. .. Okay, I'll stay A LITTLE longer. Your April Fools got me! (I'm a HUGE sucker for anything, GULLIBLE!)

Jake went to school with a disposable glove filled with sand. He's goign to put it in his sleeve, and then have the teacher shake his hand, and have his hand 'fall off'. He was funny, this morning he said he would hold on to it a little longer, so when she pulled real hard, he would let go and she would fall over! LOL!!!

One of the worst April Fools joke I've ever had done to me was someone putting a rubber band around the kitchen sink sprayer, so when I turned on the water, I got DRENCHED. Ha freakin ha!

Hmmm... that frozen dessert stayed frozen while I ate it. you have to eat it right away. Did it get combined like frozen yogurt-ish? and then it starts to melt just a little while you eat it. Did it at least taste good?

Hey ladies...

Chris: Well, we thought that Vic's parents were coming for Easter. But, his mom is dealing with arthitis issues and can't or doesn't want to make the almost 6 hour drive. So, it will just be the 4 of us...I like the meatloaf idea and the worms in dirt..Are you going to posts pic of Kiwi's cut. I love seeing that cut...sooooo cute!! I liked that frozen yogurt too...

Beth: I made those sort of jokes too. I am not a big prankster....By the way, you aren't allowed to leave the checkin. We will all hunt you down until we find you...HAHA I made that frozen yogurt treat that was posted too. I actually made it for myself and then Chris ate it. I made it with frozen blueberries and plain yoplait greek yogurt. I loved that he liked it so much. So, I am going to make it again..Mine wasn't thick either and it was like you said just a really cold slightly thicker yogurt....

blech...so tired! TOM is really getting to me! And Evee literally took half the bed last night! Geez! Back to her crate bed for her. my goal for a tough workout may not happen!

Kathy -- im curious about cathe's rotation as well! i'm not a big practical joker so not really...but beware of those kids of yours!

Chris -- if it were solved by leaving CA, i would! I think it's less to do with CA and more to do with me being on a campus with thousands of students who don't wash their hands or cover their mouths. When I worked in an office or when I just stayed in lab and never left the room (before and after the students would leave campus), I never really had too many issues other than TOM. But now that I try to walk around campus daily, go out to eat, etc, blech, I get everything. The worst was that norovirus though. That and my utter crap immune system. What's weird about the allergic reaction is that I only knew it was an allergic reaction because of dealing with Joe because I hardly have that problem. Annoyed the crap out of me though. Have you thought about cheesecake? I love making cheesecake...

Beth -- I keep my froyo frozen and then when I pull it out (stuff to rival red mango!) and I let it thaw out a little so its creamier. When did you guys make froyo? I haev an uber powerful blender but I have an ice cream maker I use to for the churning...(we got a bunch of cool stuff at our wedding...)

Chris, we must have posted at the same time -- your post wasn't there when I started, anyway. Hope all goes well with the cat grooming.

Hottie, I tried the frozen yogurt recipe Cathe had on the blog that Chris had commented about. It was good alright, just not like frozen yogurt you get at a shop. So Hottie, you freeze your yogurt first? Or, you blend it up and then freeze it? That might work. And then again, maybe I just have to go back to pinkberry.

How's Joe's ankle???

I did pull a joke on my kids, and I got them. To wake them up this morning, I went into their room and said "Hey you guys, it snowed last night and we have a snow day today.... no school." Two seconds..... not one, but two heads pop up from Travis' bed (so cute, they slept together!).... "Really? It snowed at our house too?" and when I said April Fool's they got so mad and said they wouldn't get up at all. They did, eventually. Funny about the sand-filled glove, but I first pictured it not tied up and I imagined the teacher making sand go all over the floor! I love the meatloaf cupcake idea! Unfortunately, it wouldn't get eaten by kids at my house!

Any rotation yet? I'll go check....

Ok, just finished up with FIRM Ultimate Calorie Blaster..I didn't see a rotation yet. So, I will check back later on that to decide...

Hottie: I didn't think about blending and then put in the freezer. Do you think it would get too hard?

Beth: Great joke....

I ran! I ran! I ran at the park!

I dropped Kiwi off for his cut, and then drove over to the park to run. It's sunny and 60 out, PERFECT running weather!!!

FUNNY story , though, I gotta tell you quick. I was into my second song, feeling pretty good ("You gotta fight , for your right, to parteeeeeee"), I'm into it!, and I see out of the corner of my eye this girl running up on my left side , running. I'm like "ok". And then she started getting closer, and I'm thinking, "Oh! you wanna race, do ya?" and started running faster, SHE starts running fast RIGHT up to my side, and I'm thinking "Bitch, I'm gonna beat you!" and started going FASTER! Come to find out, it was our sitter, Ally's friend!!!! She was trying to get my attention , because she was there with Ally and her baby!! The poor girl was sweating and panting and looking like she was going to pass out. She's says, "OMG, you go FAST!"

Anyways, I did stop and see Ally and her cuter than cute baby!! OMG, he's adorable and a LITTLE PEANUT! She's going to come back to watch the boys on Sunday next week after Easter. WITH that cute baby! I'm kind of excited! THough did I tell you? Greg thinks the baby is going to "smell" up the house and spit up/poop everywhere or something. I'm totally baffled by that! LOL!

I better go!

Hi ladies!! Lots of chatting today, very cool!!

Chris, wow, what a great resolution to your issue with Zach. You ARE a great mom and handled that so well. He (and your other boys) are very lucky!! I love that idea of the meatloaf with potatoes as frosting. Boy, that would be cruel, wouldn't it, to pass them off as dessert after dinner? ;) I can just see my kids faces. I've never made a carrot cake, but there's lots of chopping involved I think. Probably easy if you have a food processor. But, I guess it would just be the carrots needing to be shredded. Cheesecake is good and easy, if she likes that. I'm feeling much better today, even though I don't think I got much more sleep. Yes, I want to run!! I could do it in the morning before the kids get up, but I'm apprehensive about leaving the kids alone. And, it's still not light enough at the time I'd go. But, hopefully this weekend for sure! Yes, you have to post a picture of Kiwi again with his cut! My weight dropped a couple pounds when I took time off after my eye surgery. It did come back, but of course I was eating like crap. You'll have to let us know how Jake's prank on his teacher goes. I'm thinking this is not teacher's favorite day of the year!

Beth, I don't have any friends who are into working out at home either. A few have treadmills or ellipticals, but not videos. In fact, I get teased if DH is around and mentions my huge collection of DVDs! Ha - you can't leave us!! I loved your joke on the kids. I think I may have actually done that last year! No jokes/pranks on me or from me yet. I'm so bad at coming up with stuff like that.

Kathy, sometimes it's nice to just have immediate family for holidays. A lot less stress! What are you making? We just got invited to my SILs yesterday, so we are going there and bringing my mom with. I was just going to cook for us, but this sounds like a better option!

Hottie, sounds like Evee's taking advantage of your leniency!

This morning I did the other workout on the new TurboKick DVD. Fun stuff!! I just don't know why they can't make the sound quality better. Even the picture is not great, but that doesn't bother me. The sound was better in some of the earlier ones. But still a fun workout. And, I had much more energy this morning.

Back to work....

Joanne

Chris, I owe you a beer! ;) OMG - how funny about your race with your sitter!! That is so totally something I would do. Aww, I love babies!

Ok, Evee seriously is going to be grounded out of our bedroom. I realize that my bed gets this great sunlight she can bask in when I put the curtains open but I can't describe how she just spreads out (on MY side). Did I kick her out before I left? Nope. Cuz I'm a sucka.

So I did CB and tacked on the bonus cardio from BM2. I don't know what's up with me but after feeling like I couldn't move in the morning...the workout almost seemed not hard enough? And then I thought it's because I had less risers, but no, i had four. So, I have some energy for a change. Got out late again but that's ok. I think I'm going to push this energy towards a lot of productivity.

So, for my froyo -- if I mix the fruit in, I blend it up really, really well, so it's part of the froyo after i've made the base and then I churn it in with the ice cream maker. Joe likes to have this fruit fresh often so sometimes I thaw out the froyo and mix it in and do a quick churn again. My freezer makes it very hard, but a quick zap in the microwave can get it to the consistency that Joe likes. Mine is a lot creamier to begin with (like the glorious Red Mango) as opposed to Pinkberry's so I don't think the whole structure falls apart the same way. I don't mind eating it that hard either because it I let it melt. Sometimes I'll put a chunk of it in kong and Evee will go to town. I should make another batch...I start with super creamy Greek yogurt as the starter though.

Beth -- Well, Joe can walk Evee, aggravate me, but more importantly, MOW THE LAWN. so, he's fine now. Every once in a while, he goes -- oops, but he's not hobbling anymore. Over the weekend, he's doing some sledgehammer work so we'll see! Do you guys get snow? Oh..and cupcakes? I ate one right after my workout. Damn you, hostess and your sales.

Chris -- that's so funny about the race (and that you think exactly the way i talk!?!? Ugh, joe had to save me a couple times because of my loose tongue at the RT). Do babies smell that much? I imagine cats smell more. Then again, I'm basing this on my sister not cleaning the litter box but cleaning after her kids' messes. (I'm still blown away with the way babies' poop comes out. ::shudder::) I don't know if talking helps Joe's faith unfortunately. Sometimes I feel bad that I can't help him with it too much but I'm a bit like, well, you're an adult, you have your own opinions, and as long as you're a good person, I'm ok. He does believe in karma, but I think that's a lot of exposure from me (I'm very karma driven). I love the lion cut! hey did your boy watch Naruto yet? Kakashi fight!!!

Kathy -- did you have fun in that workout? I'm waiting for the rotation as well or I may start STS again. I need to lose this extra flab! Joe was (I thought) trying to make me feel better about my weight blaming my period and then he told me, damn Cathe -- how did I go to her RT and GAIN six pounds?

Joanne -- we both have more energy today! yay! I envy your dvd collection so I make up for all those friends who don't work out at home. Most of my friends just don't work out. They don't look at my so weird anymore (probably because of the 40lb drop) and probably more about the discipline. I sometimes wish I was around you guys physically because I think i'd be less to fall off the wagon to so to speak...

hmmm...science is befuddling...i have to start thinking...

Hottie, I used greek yogurt, too. It's really all I buy anymore (well, that and Sigi's, which is technically "Icelandic").

It snows just up the street from us (and sticks). It has snowed right outside out house, but doesn't stick. The first year we were here I guess the school didn't have me on their roster to call. It was snowing really hard and they wanted people to come pick up their kids. Fortunately one nice mom thought of me and called me. I had been home cleaning, and it had been stormy, but I thought nothing of it. I drove up my driveway and as soon as I got to the top there was a couple of inches on the ground. The more I drove, the deeper it got. It was crazy! The highway was closed, so I couldn't even go and pick up Dylan at preschool! Fortunately Larry was coming up from South SF, so he picked up Dylan on the way and came home the back way, which I now know oh too well. :)

Oh, my vidiot friend.... she's not nearly as hard core as we are (well, she works out as hard, but doesn't own nearly as many videos). When I was telling her about the RT and how Cathe kept changing her mind on CCC (which Yunah, my friend has), Yunah said "It's even too hard for Cathe!". It was so funny!

Do I get the cupcakes tonight? And no, Hottie, I didn't eat cupcakes.... it's the last post cupcakes I was talking about. I have gone overboard with eating today though! :mad:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.