April 09 check in Weekend 25th- 26th

Kathy36

Cathlete
Hi ladies...

Hope everyone enjoys the weekend and ends up with beautiful weather. It is suppose to be hot and wonderful this weekend..Our weekend is packed with baseball and softball events...

Today I am doing 4 day split high intensity step cardio and stability ball abs...DOMS haven't kicked into major gear from yesterday yet. But, sometimes it seems to hit me later on the following day...

Talk to you later!

Oh and I forgot to mention...I used some of my birthday gift card to purchase some fit by cathe stuff. I got the walking kit...it comes with ankle and wrist weights. I thought I could use it during my track time. I also got medium and heavy resistance cords and gloves to wear while lifting. I already had Cathe's weighted gloves. But, I noticed she used the regular ones under those . I need that too. The weights are killing my plams...I used my 20% coupon that I got from ordering the STS cardio..It was great because it paid for shipping and a little more..I didn't see anything else I needed right now to bring the total to $100...So, I was glad for the discount coupon...

Anyway, I am excited about getting my new stuff!

Hey Kathy!

Hey to everyone to follow today!!!

I'm doing the same as you, Kathy, HIS Step Only and then Stab Ball Abs. And we're going to have the same weather... HOT and sunny. LOVE it (esp since our furnace is busted).

Yesterday was beautiful, it didn't get quite as hot, low 70's, sunny, gorgeous. I sat in the sun with a tea and a magazine in the afternoon, It was heaven! The boys went fishing
www_MyEmoticons_com__fishing.gif
(they didn't get ONE bite :confused:, And Vilma, they do catch and release. DH can't stand the smell of cooking fish, so we don't cook it here too often). Afterwards, DH took them out for different things and they didn't get home until 4p! i had the entire day to myself! After dinner we all got on our bikes, and went to the park for a ride. It was so nice, I'm still in love with riding my bike!

I have pretty good DOMS from Shoulders.Bi's & Tri's yesterday. Wow. I felt the backs of my shoulders ALL night, and it was uncomfortable sleeping. I did end up picking heavier weights than my 1RM said, where I was mostly struggling with rep 7 or couldn't do it at all.

DH was off from work last night again (vacation day), so he'll take Zach to baseball practice and then the rest of the day is up in the air. Though for me, I have to clean and cook in prep for my working weekend. ...
springsmile.gif

BBL!

Meant to comment about your Cathe purchases too! :eek: They sound very cool! I love getting new fitness stuff or workouts , always lifts my mood! What are the micro weighted gloves like? How much weight are they?

With my 20 % I got one of the few Cathe DVD's I didn't have: Total Body Stretching (which I like!) and one extra riser, OH..and the 3 different resistance bands. Do you guys have Cathe's new bands? are they tougher? I'm a little afraid of using them, but notice that STS MESO 3 doesn't have any band work ...

Okay , off I go!

Chris: I really love the weighted gloves. I have been using them with the STS workouts.I think they are an additional 1lb. I could be wrong on that. But, I think that is what it said when I bought them...I have Cathe's new bands and they are very tight. I had to back off to the light ones. I guess you really have to work them in..But, I like that they are tough; gives me a challenge..Sounds like you had a wonderful day yesterday. I love sitting in the sun with a book or magazine...The furnace that runs your air? Yikes!! Hope that gets fixed soon..

Ok, finished with my workouts..Now, we are off to softball opening day and pictures then later baseball game for Chris...

Have a great day!!

Mornin' ladies! Happy sunny Saturday (well, not sunny here, but I'm imagining you guys!). Sounds like you had a wonderful day yesterday, Chris -- that rocks!

Yes, the new-style bands are tough! You may recall at the road trip I ended up a table behind Brenda/Cedie/Jaye/Lorayne and even the four of them were talking about how tough they were (they were new to them at that point). The pink one is the one I snapped a month or so ago, so I started using the green one and it's not that bad. Definitely has a different feel though. Kathy, all your stuff sounds great -- I need to order some more risers but I think I may have seen that they're out of stock (Chris bought too many ;)). I just did a trade on vf forum so I have hardcore extreme coming my way. I think at this point I have all the Cathe dvds I want (except STS cardio, of course!).

I had ccpp on tap today, but I stayed in bed too long and talked myself out of it and ended up doing the cardio I missed the other day -- that is, kickmax premix 3, the bootcamp one. I had to pause twice during the drills! She was killing me. So, it's probably a good thing I didn't attempt ccpp -- I like to think I'm not 100% from being sick, but I'm not sure I can use that excuse. :p I also like to think I may add on some cc run tomorrow after CST, but we'll see. I probably ought to do some ab work in here somewhere!!

The big recital day -- I'd better go hop in the shower so my hair is dry in time. Dylan is saying he's not going to do it, so I'm already debating some lego bribe. Ug!

Have a great day!!

-Beth

Good Saturday afternoon Ladies!

Kathy enjoy your outings today. Sounds like you have some goodies coming your way- its a bit like a holiday when you get a package just for you :)

Chris wow thats some serious shoulder DOMs if its even uncomfortable to sleep

Beth sheesh if Cathe's crew thought those bands were tough then ouch! lol I so forgot about CCPP day :eek:ah well next time. Glad you're feeling better. Big hugs to Dylan for his recital jitters.

So my day started early but I was running around all day and just got home I'm bushed.

I did 4DS Kickbox cardio premix followed by Push Circuit 2 and went heavier again :D then finished off with Ab work and a nice stretch. Was done by 10 am thank goodness. If I had started later I may not have gotten my workout in.

I'm home w/ the ac unit on; waiting on one of my youngest dd's friends to come over and spend the night and entire day tomorrow. Yes another sleepover:rolleyes:

The Navy Blue Angels are here on the base doing the Air show and since her parents are both working the air show (dad selling hot dogs / mom selling t-shirts) she'll be spending it w/ us. I just got home from dropping off my son at the Air Show and my daughter at her friend's wedding.

Thank Goodness I do not have to cook tonight :p DH is bringing home some pizza.

Well that is all I am going to attempt some quiet time before my house gets chaotic. :p:)

Take Care everyone.

picture.php

I typed out a boatload post, and then it got "erased" :mad:

Anyways, have a wonderful weekend girls!!

i'm off to work!

(it's 88 degrees here! oh my!):eek:

Bummer, Chris! I hate it when those posts get eaten!

Vilma! What a workout you had! No wonder you are bushed. The Blue Angels are always fun -- will you see the show?

Recital is done for another year! Whooo-hoooo! My boys did great (I'm somewhat surprised to say). Dylan, especially, I don't think he made a mistake! When Travis messed up he actually made an audible "aaaack" sound and the audience laughed. I suppose that helped him with the nerves a bit. There is one 14 year old girl who plays both piano and violin -- she already sounds like a professional -- that was definitely the highlight of the show and I do believe someday we'll see her clips on youtube if they're not already there! But I was also so proud of my boys because they sat through the more than two hours of it without fussing nor making much noise. Huge improvement over last year! Wow, maybe something right is happening here. :)

Larry and I are having a date night tonight. Some friends of ours (parents at the school) are riding in the AIDS ride (bike from San Francisco to Los Angeles), and to get sponsers they invited about 20 kids in for pizza/games/movie tonight -- we just make a donation to their ride. It's going to be more than a babysitter, but it's for a great cause and I thought it was a spectacular idea. I have no idea what Larry and I are going to do..... we may find a sports bar so we can watch hockey playoffs. :eek:

I can't wait to do my workout tomorrow -- CST -- I love those. I cannot believe I'm starting the last week of meso 2 -- I have really really liked meso 2. I think going back to all the reps in meso 1 is going to be very hard after 2 and 3.

-Beth

Sorry -- double post -- my network flaked and I couldn't tell it had already posted...... I guess it's the yang of Chris's yen gobbling.....

Last edited:
Has nobody really checked in yet this morning?! Where are you, sleepyheads?

Hottie, how's Joe today? Better, I hope! And Chris, the head laceration is still nothing hopefully?

I had a great workout -- did CST -- killed me! I couldn't do most of the specified weights! but still got a great workout, I know, because I'm jello. Then I was starting to do Tracy's waist & ab work when Larry got up and said "let's go for a walk". The kids were still asleep, so it was a bit dicey, but we wrote a note and took a beautiful walk together. That was the best. When we got home, Travis was awake but unconcerned (he hadn't even noticed the note), and Dylan was still asleep, so it worked out perfectly. Then I did the waist/abs work.

We had a good time out last night -- not spectacular food, but whatever -- nice to get out for a change, and the kids had a pretty good time, too. They "re-enacted" their part of the recital for them, my friend said, and then she asked for the piano teacher's info, so they must have done well.

Today is cleaning and more bill paying! Have a great day everyone!!

-Beth

I'm here Beth!! We had a busy morning..The family took me out to breakfast at Ihop for my birthday (tomorrow) and then we went to church..I got home vacuumed and washed the van then watched the kids ride bikes some. Now we are all relaxing for a little while before dinner outside on the deck!!

rest day for workouts!!

Hey Girls!!

HA! it's Sunday evening and I'm home. I got "canceled" for at least 4 hours, I have a feeling I'll be going in for 11p, but that's ok, it's a gorgeous evening here, I'm going to enjoy it!

Kathe, happy pre-birthday! Sounds like there was some celebrating today -- fun! I think tomorrow is my sister-in-law's birthday, too.

Chris, yea for you -- enjoying the outdoors instead of working!! It's nice here, but chilly -- maybe about 60 is all. We've had a mix of out and in today.

-Beth

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.