April 09 check in Wednesday 8th

Kathy36

Cathlete
Good morning ladies..

Getting our thread started for today.I am headed to NC later. But, I am going to get some cardio in before we go...Not sure what yet though..

Be back Friday!

Have a great day....

Hi ladies!!

Kathy, have a wonderful trip!

OMG, Disc 14 killed me! That's the first Meso 2 legs one. After the first triset I thought - OK, this isn't too bad. But from then on it was killer. You know, it wasn't so much the pain in my legs, it was also being so out of breathe at the same time. Really got my heartrate up. Glutton for punishment that I am, I added on the bonus work from the first Meso 1 legs workout. I can't say that I enjoyed the workout 'cause it was so tough, but boy, it sure seemed effective!! I may go do a 20-minute itread during lunch, I don't think I can handle more than that!

Hope everyone else is doing well. Chris, how's your sinuses?

BBL...

Joanne

Joanne, good for you for adding the bonus work! Funny, I did miss those bonus add-ons, but it didn't occur to me to lengthen that workout!!! :p I had some gentle doms from that workout -- not nearly as bad as disc 13, but I'm sure that's because I don't go so heavy in my legs.

Kathy, not sure you'll be back, but have fun, safe travels!!

Good morning everyone! I did the back/biceps work this morning -- I do like the meso 2 workouts -- but I liked meso 1, too. It's all good, baby! I was really failing on everything today. I'm sure I'll feel it.

Errands on tap this morning -- my dilemma: do I do any birthday shopping for Travis while I have Dylan in tow with me? He's seven, and not prone to keeping secrets very well, but on the other hand, I'm not sure what better chance I will have unless I skip out of work at some point next week, and after not being there this week, that may be poor form! :eek:

Have a great day!

-Beth

Thanks Joanne...I remember the way my legs were so sore after those meso 2 leg workouts..

On my way off on the trip...I did 60 minutes on the elliptical and some crunches for my abs...

Have a great day!!

Thanks Beth...We were posting at the same time..I can never shop for bday presents with the kids. They are BAD about keeping it to themselves. Have a great day..

Oh my...i'm tired. I hate waking up tired. Yesterday, I was all by myself taking care of stuff for the move. Lots of time on the phone, correcting payments online, finishing our taxes, completing more paperwork, getting some groceries, and oh..packing. We have maybe 10-15% left of packable stuff at this point I think. I have a lot more clothes than I thought I did. But I did manage to do Imax2 (man, that feels so far away right now) and instead of the stretch I did the Crunch super slim down pilates yoga fusion workout. It was a nice combination actually and it was good taking 90 minutes of time out of this move stuff. I'm freaking out a bit about work because its been seriously neglected. Everyone tells me this happens to everyone but nonetheless I feel bad. The painter finished on monday night so we looked at it yesterday and it was pretty studly. I took some pictures with my cell phone but the colors got washed out. I'm going to do this faux glaze finish in a couple weekends so it has a sueded look which I think will look uber cool. The carpet is coming in on thursday in the bedroom and then the only thing left with that is going to fix up the closets and then I think it's going to ust be lots of unpacking.

I have no idea if I'm going to be able to work out today as Joe lost my lock that i take to the gym and my cramps are killing me (yay, day 12...I mean, suck).

Kathy -- I have an awesome time in NC! Remember to stretch in the car!
Joanne -- gosh, I just get so scared with Cathe leg workouts. I always crap out near the end of her numerous lunge pulses in her workouts. I feel like I'm going to fall over because I've lost the ability to hold myself up.
Beth -- wednesday is your errand day right? You could check out what you want at the store and then just buy it online? I buy almost everything online now because I just don't have time to go to the store and most of the vendors get everything pretty quickly to me that I use (particularly newegg or buy.com because their warehouses are 15minutes away from where I work). When is Travis's bday again?

Just so exhausted -- Chris I hope your sinuses get better. Did you ever look into the acupuncture?

I'm baaaackk....in a silly mood today!

Hottie, I'm tired just reading your post! Sounds like the house is coming along and will be beautiful!! Want to see pictures, of course! Good for you for getting in a workout and Imax2 at that!

Beth, you're probably already out shopping, but I've had no luck shopping with kids and expecting them to keep secrets. Ian really wanted a sock monkey (yes, a sock monkey!) for Christmas last year. I was shopping with Caitlyn and saw one in Target. I had to get it - who knew when I run across another sock monkey?? ;) I told her I was buying it for Ian, but she had to keep it a secret. She was all excited and said OK. So, a few days later Ian is looking at the Target ad and gets all excited and says, wow, there's the sock monkey I want. Caitlyn gets all giggly and says "oh, mom, too bad we can't tell him about the secret or he'd know he's getting it". So, that kind of blew it!

My kids aren't off this week, they only had off yesterday for a teacher institute day and then they are off Friday. So, a nice short three day week for them!

Hi to Chris, Ivy and Vilma!

Joanne

Hey Girls...

I had a busy morning and early afternoon too, I guess! It's 4pm here! :eek:

(LOL! I hit something and my post posted with just one sentence! )
Here's the rest!:

I took my mom to the hospital this morning for an Ultrasound of her Kidneys her "Kidney" Doc had told her to get. She scheduled it through the doctor's office. Well, we got there, parked, and no one has any information that this was actually booked for today at 10:30!!:eek: So my mom is so cute, she took me out to Panera's and then to Kohl's and bought me a purse! love her!! I was soooo good at Panera's too. I had a CUP of veggie soup, 1/2 salad and DIPPED MY FORK in the dressing! and an APPLE instead of the BREAD. *pats self on back*, because I REALLY wanted one of those cake-like bagels smothered in cream cheese!!!!!

I got home after 1pm, got a call from Zach's school nurse. Apparently he hasn't been there to check his blood sugar in a few WEEKS!!! he's supposed to go there before lunch EVERY DAY. And he's been telling me what his blood sugars are EVERY DAY, so he's been MAKING THEM UP! :mad: Oh my! Teen agers suck. Why oh why did I wish away the diaper days ???

I managed to sneak in some cardio: Turbo Blast (intervals) TWICE!! Yes , I did the intervals twice through. Felt good!

I've been emotional today, don't know WTF is wrong with me, but crying for stupid reasons and it's NOT PMS (just had my period last week). *sigh*

Kathy: hope you have a nice trip (i know you're gone, but I'm thinking good thoughts for you right now!)

Joanne & Beth: Meso 2 Legs definitely factor in that cardio! You have to get used to the new way with the tri-sets. I had the most problems with the back plate lunges. Something with my hips and groin area (what is that place called? I'm having a mental block!). I couldn't go very low. But I ended up really kinda liking legs. I also used lighter weights, but advanced as the weeks went on.

My boys are so bad at keeping secrets too! they're so funny, really. It doesn't take much to get the secret out of them!

Hottie: You are crazy busy there with your house! Glad you're almost done with transferring your stuff over. I remember me and my DH did all our own packing and moving too. it was hard. but it got done, and we were so excited to have our own big house! Try to enjoy! Can't believe you got in IMAX 2!

*waves* to Vilma! Hope you're enjoying your weekend!
*waves* to Ivy too!, though I've seen you on FB today!!!

Last edited:
Oh yeah... My sinuses are MUCh better, thanks for asking. Just a little stuffed up, and they drained REAL good after Turbo Blast! No pain though, for that I'm happy! ... I haven't looked into Acupuncture ... yet....

Chris, aww, your mom sounds so sweet! Good for you for being good at Panera! I know I probably would have caved on something indulgent! Wow, Zach is probably going to regret coming home today! Seriously, it's got to be so hard on him dealing with this. And, you, too, I know. Did he think the nurse would just let it go that he hadn't been in to be checked? On a much less serious note, I'm having trouble getting Jameson to wear the rubber bands he's supposed to wear. He conveniently forgets to put them on after he brushes his teeth so he goes the whole day at school without them. He really hates them - they're uncomfortable and he can barely open his mouth. Oh, speaking of throttling kids, I forgot to mention in my teeth tales earlier this week that Ian had lost his retainer. We went and picked up his new one Saturday. So, he comes home from chorus rehearsal yesterday and asks me "have you seen my retainer?" You're freaking kidding me, right???? He had it three days and lost it already. He put it in his lunch bag during rehearsal and of course, threw away the bag and the retainer. UGH!!! I told him I can't even think about it right now. Now we have to go again and get another mold make, wait a week and pay another $100! :( I was so tempted to drop him off at school and have him go through the dumpsters and look for the thing. But there were about 350 kids there that day and I'm too nice.

I've been emotional too. I wasn't going to post this, but what the heck. DH and I are having some serious issues. I won't get into all of it, but it's complicated and I don't know what's going to happen. He can't see my side and I get his, but I'm not taking all the blame. Anyway, lots of crying last night and now we're not speaking. Sometimes marriage is so hard!

Anyway, I did go and do a 20-minute itread. That's about all I could handle today after Legs this morning.

Have a good evening all...

Joanne

Hey! Well, we tried to buy some bionicles, but the place we went only had legos, so I'm going to try again on Friday. Normally, I would order everything -- living in the boonies as we do, that's our tendency, but because I had to wait and wait and wait to hear Larry tell me that no, we would not be getting Travis the playstation 2 he desperately wants, well, I waited too long I think. His birthday is next Thursday. There are a couple of legos coming that hopefully arrive before his birthday -- they discontinued the ones he wants, so the lego store didn't have them so I paid some crazy amount plus shipping. :confused: It's my guilt over him not getting the playstation 2. I will definitely overcompensate, which won't make Larry happy, either.

Funny sock monkey story, Joanne!

Oh, I forgot to tell you guys..... when I previewed the first legs disc of meso 2 the night before I did it, Travis said "wow, those are cool nikes!" He spotted them right away! (the snazzy blue ones Cathe wears). I told him he probably wouldn't even be able to fit into them -- I'll bet her feet are smaller than his! Crazy.

Ok, I have a bazillion things I should be doing.....

-Beth

Beth -- Hee hee -- PS2; I can't believe ours hasn't died yet. It's ok though -- he has the portables right? some of the best games are on the portables right now. And who knows, maybe with the abysmal sale prices, the PS3 will finally drop to a reasonable price and you and Larry can get a blu ray player in the same package. (I don't have a PS3 yet for that reason...that, and they took away the nice backward compatibility system they had for PS2 and PS1 games). bionicle is wicked cool though. Joe and I still go through the toy aisles and just mutter to ourselves about how much kids only a couple years younger than us have so much cooler stuff than we did (though I like to tell him its more than a couple at this point and then he tells me to quit reminding him that he's 30+). And then I see the Bratz dolls and I just shake my head (oh, my nieces like them waaay too much)...

Chris -- that's so weird about making up the numbers! I would be upset with him too...I had my creative lying (still do though when I get caught I don't fight it) but I guess I took blood sugar super seriously since of my family's history with diabetes. I feel that way too Chris though its like day 12 of my period. I just found out that because my fellow grad students flaked around the same time I was out taking care of house stuff for the last couple days, now our boss is flaming mad at us because it looks like we've been consistently not working. I hate it when it gets like this because part of the benefits of academia is the freedom of when we work which gets offset with *when we work* like the multiple weekends in a row or the 12+hr days. But the thing that kills me more is that my boss brings his lazy ass in around 1130a and leaves at 730p and I hate adhering to that schedule (DH and I are more 7-4 people). Anyway, normally I take the bitter pill and chastise those who just hang around until the boss leaves to make it LOOK like they're working more but today when I heard the info, I just sort of had a panic attack going with, how am I supposed to deal with this stuff AND the house AND all the other crap. Eek, I just vented a ton out -- sorry!

Joanne -- I'm sorry about the arguments with DH. I don't want to bring that stuff up in the forums too...it looks like my sister and my d-bag brother in law are going to separate and the crap from that will flow into my home and then when I think I'm going to Joe for comfort the next thing I realize that I'm crying and cursing at him and we're fighting and not talking to each other. I don't have as many years under my belt as you (or as my sister) but I definitely had that phrase ("marriage can be so hard!") run through my head a lot in the last couple months...

Oh, no workout it looks like today. Oh well...

Hey everyone...

I read all your posts, but no time for a reply! where is the time going today? it's crazy!

I'll be back later, or in the AM!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.