April 09 check in Wednesday 22nd

Kathy36

Cathlete
Good morning ladies....

Today's workout is Plyo legs for me Disc 29....I feel a little DOMS in the back today and some in my chest. I didn't really feel it much yesterday. But, they are kicking in today...

Ok, time to get the kids up to start our day!!!

Talk to you later...

Good Morning Kathy & All who Follow :D

I just got back a lil while ago from dropping off my younger two at school and boy they were dragging this morning.

Kathy it must be nice not having to worry about getting them up early to get them somewhere on time. It must be so relaxed for you in the mornings :)

Today is my 'off' day from my workouts although yesterday I finished up week 3 of Push Phase as I had to miss a day.

Tomorrow I start week 4.

I wanted to ask you guys if any of you ever had that dread factor about STS.

Okie Dokie I need to get my tea started as I need some caffeine ;)

picture.php

Hey Vilma: It is nice to not have to be somewhere. But, I do try and keep them on a schedule of starting school lessons at around 8:00 or so. It helps me stay organized..And I do like not having to rush off to meet a school bus or get them to class at school.. Enjoy your rest day!!

Hi ladies!!

Kathy, have fun with plyo legs!

Vilma, funny you ask about dread with STS. Actually, I do, a bit. Once I get into the workouts, I'm fine, but I don't like the idea of spending sometimes over an hour on two or three muscle groups. Legs I love, but for instance, Friday is back and biceps for close to an hour! I think I could cut out some of the chest work for sure. But, I'm sticking it out! I still plan to do the Lean phase of CLX after Meso 3.

Everything was cancelled last night except for Colin's soccer game. Everyone watched from their cars - it was miserably cold and rainy! Tonight is another soccer game for Colin and orientation at the middle school for Ian. I can't believe I'll have two kids there next year! They are growing up so fast - it's a bit scary! Jameson and I are just about the same shoe size.

This morning was Disc 20 - legs. Ouch!! I don't think I'll ever be able to do a one legged sit and stand. Just not going to happen. Great workout, though and I added on the bonus work from Disc 9.

Lots to do....BBL

Joanne

Joanne: I feel the same way about the length of the weight workouts. I would much rather do cardio!! I also have a tough time with those sit and stands..I just can't do all of them! Hubby and I were just commenting last night how the time flies...Lauren will be 12 on May 2nd and I still feel like I just had her yesterday..And next year she will be in 7th grade. Yikes!!

Hi Everyone!!

What a different morning here without 2 of my boys here. Though my teenage son never ceases to drive me crazy!!!! (he wore the same clothes he wore yesterday to bed, didn't want to change, didn't want to shower. Eww!).

I did Disc 29: PLYO LEGS a bit ago! Ohhh My Gawd! I actually liked it BETTER than last weeks. Maybe because I knew what to expect a little, maybe because I liked the plyo moves better, maybe because I had a better night's sleep prior to it. There's more Step involvement for the plyo parts, and I LIKED it! I have to admit, there were a few times I thought i was going to vomit though... :eek: I was clapping and "woo-hoo-ing" at other times. Cathe pushes good, doesn't she??

Kathy:
Yeah, weird. I didn't have much DOMS from Mondays Chest & back either. Just a tiny, when I moved a certain way. And I really felt like I lifted heavy too. Do you think we should go heavier? ... Hope you enjoyed Plyo Legs today!!... Oh hey!... I had an "issue" with my DVD today, it froze for a bit in the beginning, just once. Did that happen to you?

Vilma: Is Week 4 the last for CLX? Hope you have a good rest day today! ... Whatcha got planned? Hmmm... do I have dread factor for STS? Not so much. Not more than any other workout on any given day. I mostly look forward to them, I think. The 60+ minute ones do put me off a bit, but it's mostly the time, Like Joanne said. And if there is any dread factor, it goes away within minutes of starting the workout! I think lifting heavy is VERY cool and it makes me feel so strong!

Joanne: Good to hear they canceled at least most of your kid's sports stuff yesterday! That soccer game sounds miserable! I think they're going to cancel Zach's first baseball game tonight. Downpours and possible thunderstorms are predicted for this evening. And baseball is usually a pretty wimpy game when it comes to weather! ... Sit and stands are weird for me! I could NOT do them in Meso 2. I had to leave the other heel on the floor for support. With Meso 3, I can do the right side nice!! but my left leg will NOT do them without support.

Beth... you're probably typing at the same time!.. Will check back later...

Gotta get Zach lunch!!

Good morning!

So, in my efforts to get back on the bandwagon today, I desperately tried to find my gym bag to take to work today. After failing for a bit, I just WORE my gym clothes (they still look cute) and ran out the door to find my gym bag near the door. I left it there because we were running late to realize later only in the car that i left my HRM in the gym bag (and now I'm afraid its been on since yesterday since I forgot to turn it off sometimes). Why those things don't have an automatic shut off if there is no signal transmission for a while I don't know...It's much more tolerable today. It feels like its going to be in the mid-80s.

Lots of data crunching and reading today...I always feel weird in days like this because I am working but it doesn't feel like I am as much because I'm not at the bench while I'm waiting for things to grow. I hope to have lunch with my friend today -- I'll ask her when she comes into work -- and a trip to the gym. I'm excited -- I was all grumpy about having to stay home in the morning to get the dsl repaired (especially since I know my boss will be back by then) but then I tried to make it into a positive as my first morning that I can work out at home! And I know which workout I wanna do... :)

Kathy -- I always wondered how strict a taskmaster a mom has to be when they homeschool their children. I had a couple friends who were homeschooled and they made it sound very laissez-faire though I think they were older (and perhaps a bit beyond what their parents could teach). School was waaayyy easier on my than my mother ever would have been...

Vilma -- you're almost done push CLX? How have you liked it as a whole and compared to the burn?

Joanne -- I'm just trying to imagine a scene where a bunch of kids are playing outside while their parents are the cars and I have to say I am chuckling. I wasn't sport-oriented really so I think I would just be pissy that my parents got to stay dry! LOL!

Chris -- boys!! He'll kill me for admitting this, but sometimes I have to ask Joe how long he's worn something and when the last he's showered (though admittedly, it happens on the weekends when he doesn't have to go into work). And stop scaring me about Cathe Leg workouts! ;)

Ok, off for now!

Hottie, I know, it was kind of odd with all the parents in the cars!! I tried to stick it out for awhile, but succumbed to the heated car! We did the same thing last weekend. Thankfully it's going to be 80 this weekend. Probably sounds cold to you, right?! ;) The kids don't mind playing in the rain, so they tell me. I guess if you're running around it doesn't matter. Another morning of digging mud out of cleats this morning... So what workout are you going to do first....Imax2?? ;)

Chris, Colin tried to sleep in his clothes last night. He did shower first, though. ;) He was so excited to wear his new Earth Day shirt today that he wanted to sleep in it. Crazy kid. I'm always fighting about the kids taking showers. If there's no school the next day and they don't look dirty - I'll let them go. It's not worth the arguing. I was trying to get Ian to go in last night and reminded him that the school nurse had talked to them about hygiene and how showering every night was important. He says - she was just saying that to everyone - she only really meant it for the smelly people. OK.....Another crazy kid! I told him he didn't want to be one of those smelly people.

Chris: No, my DVD didn't freeze on me..Hope yours is ok. I was thinking the same thing that I liked this weeks plyos better..Not sure what it was. But, I liked the plyo moves this week using the step more I guess....I am not sure I can go heavier. Maybe we are just getting stronger!! ( I hope that is it..I feel it some)

Hottie: Yeah, I do have to crack the whip on them..Lauren is good about putting lessons off. So, I have stay on her a little more. Plus, she has more homework being in 6th grade then Chris in 3rd...

Hello! Nice chatty posts today -- I like it! I wasn't in the mix because I am sick! Slept really horribly last night because of the heat, so I decided to skip the workout, knowing that Wed. is my day at home (even though i did have lots on the agenda, I figured I could work it in). Well, I took the kids to school and I have to help in the office and class for a while, and toward the end of it I started feeling so sick. I feel like I'm on the verge of food poisoning or something. I came home and slept a while and I'm just getting up. I think it's safe to say that I'm not working out today. I hate throwing off the week like that, but I know I wouldn't get through it.

Dread factor with STS -- not a chance. I don't pay attention to the timing -- I just know that I have an hour or so every morning dedicated to exercise whether it's weights/cardio/stretching or some combo. But, when i think about doing back and biceps today -- it's not dread so much, but I'm not hopping to it! :) Are you feeling dread with clx, Vilma? Oh, Joanne, my butt is still sore from disc 20 (that was legs, right? I'm fuzzy, too).

I completely forgot to tell you something funny about the weekend. What did my mom have for us to gobble up, but the famous Paula Deane brownies with the chocolate bars in the middle!! And I remembered that because last night when I couldn't sleep, I was listening to Wait, Wait, Don't Tell Me and Paula was the guest! This was my first introduction to her -- I can see why people could like her or hate her. I found her very amusing. For instance, they wanted to know what Paula Deane has in her refrigerator right this moment, so she went and checked and started naming off multiple cakes, chickens, lasagne, lots of stuff! And then she said, "And Michael (her husband) is sitting right here and do you know what he's eating? Nutrisystems!" Apparently he wants to lose 50 pounds and write a diet book entitled "How I Lost Weight While Married to Paula Deane". I don't even know if I spelled her name right.

Ok, my brain has been taxed enough for now......

-Beth

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.