April 09 check in Wednesday 15th

Kathy36

Cathlete
Hi ladies..

Ok, I made sure I had the right month this time. Sorry for that confusion yesterday....

Anyway, today I am still sore in my upper body and my quads are too from running. But, I am going to be tackling Disc 26: legs today. I think we are doing plyo legs..

Be back later..

Hiya Kathy! and all to follow this morning....

chase.gif
122fs329172.gif

My chest and back are still a little sore-ish too. Yes, Meso #3 Legs...! My first Plyo Legs workout, i'm excited, yet a little afraid too... come to think of it , I feel that way about MOST of Cathe's workouts..
gigglesmile.gif

Actually I better get to it while I'm feeling 1/2 spunky, because last night was a HORRIBLE night for me. I was up every 1-2 hours for Zach's blood sugar checks (they were messed up)and then up for good at 5:30. And I went to bed at 11p. Not good! It is a gorgeous day out today and I'm hoping I have enough in me to go for a bike ride again. I'm itching to get back on my bike!... EXACTLY what you said yesterday, Beth. Something about riding fast on a bike, makes ya feel like a kid again. I would LOVE streamers, in fact, i thought it would be fun to clip cards in my spokes to make that clicking noise too!!
clap.gif

Better get to it! BBL!

Good morning! Wow -- plyo legs, ladies! Enjoy!!

Chris, sorry to hear you had a bad night! I woke up in the middle of the night to beep-beep-beep --- mutliple beeps coming from everywhere. Our power had gone out and we have multiple UPS'es on multiple things and they were all beeping at me. It was pretty windy here, so I'll bet a tree went down. Fortunately it came back on fairly quickly and I realized the battery backup in my clock didn't work, so I reset the clock and alarm so I wouldn't miss my workout! Waking up was tough when it did finally go off, but I feel great now. Did back and biceps today, and it went much better than last week's attempt. I failed so early on things last week, but this week it was much better, so somehow it's working or I was better psyched or something! Still had to go lighter than my 1RM testing suggested, but whatever!

Wonder if we will ever hear from Hottie and Ivy again. I know Hottie's busy with her move........

have a great day!!

-Beth

Good morning all!

Hottie, how's the house coming along? I'm sure you're busy! Ivy, stop in and say hi!

Chris, sorry you had such a lousy night. That stinks! Poor Zach - what do you do when his sugars are out of whack - do you have to give him some kind of medication? That's tough on both of you. Oh, what memories!! The cards on the spokes! Your bike sounds so fun - your DH is a keeper! ;) Get the streamers! I think you'll like Plyo Legs.

Beth, sounds like you had a bad night too! We'll all need a nap later. My 1RM are a lot higher than I can handle for lots of stuff too.

I slept OK -went to bed too late. The only thing that woke me up at 4:30 was the dog crying to get on the bed. :( I tell her it's OK to come up and she lays her head on my pillow with her cold nose on my face. This is a 65 pound dog! She is a sweetie, though. Anyway, my workout was Disc 17 - Legs! Ouch!! I also added on the bonus legs from Meso 1 - week 2 which was the band and ankle weights. I'm hoping to get in an itread at lunch. My weight is going up ;( and I'm very mad at myself. It's the stupid easter candy. UGH!

BBL...

Joanne

Wow... I don't think Plyo Legs is good to do on such little sleep. It killed me! I could hardly do those freakin jump-turn-arounds, I guess I shouldn't have chosen an 8 lb weight to use. I felt so wobbly. And I'm POOPED! I hope I like it better on a good night's sleep.

For those of you who did this one, did you get DOMS in your lower body the next day? It just doesn't seem that I would.

Beth: Ohhhhh...sorry about your "beepin'" night! It sounds like something that would happen to me. Actually, I've had one of the boys' toys beep like that in the middle of the night, drives ya crazy to figure out what's going on!

Joanne: As far as Zach's blood sugars, he has an insulin pump that's connected to him. It pumps insulin in into an embedded needle that's attached to him. But sometimes the needle or site doesn't work. THAT is my worry. And then I have to change the entire thing (the needle site, the tubing, the resevoir that holds the insulin), which is kind of involved. Plus waking the poor kid up to get a new needle stuck in him. But sometimes it IS just something he ate. So I have to keep a close eye on the blood sugar and how it responds to the extra insulin he gets. The fear is, if the insulin is NOT getting into him for some reason, he'll go into Diabetic Ketoacidosis, which makes him VERY VERY sick and can end up in a coma if not taken care of. No pressure there for a mom! LOL!

Oh I know exactly what ya mean on the Easter candy and scale moving up. Even last night, I couldn't keep it under control, and ate the BOYS cookies, and then the last of the German Chocolate Cake (which I SHOULD have thrown out!!!). now there is nothing left!!! I need to straighten my eating out STAT!!!!

I do "see" Ivy on Facebook, she talks about doing Meso 2, which she is loving! And Hottie posts once in a while too, she seems very busy with the house still, and having headaches. Do post to us here! We want details!! :p

Off to the store to grocery shop. Hate it. Don't want to do it. Rather nap on the couch....

I wonder if we'll ever hear from Hottie again -- ye of so little faith. ;)

I'm here, but man, I had a bunch of little problems. I finally got the phone up and running and there seems to be an intermitted DSL problem (fine for about 3 minutes, and then out, unless I pull out the dsl filter and reconnect it, rinse, and repeat -- any advice? If the issue is wiring in the house I have to pay the service technician person so Joe was saying maybe we should buy a new DSL model since its been half a decade since I've had this one).

Oh, I want to cry a bit. Eating like a pig, and no workouts. My home looks like a disaster zone...sigh. I think if I could just spend some solid time there I could make some huge dents (like taking care of the massive amount of clothing lying around and arranging closets and putting away things). I'm going home after half the day to take care of some things...hopefully figuring out this dsl thing or at least figure out if its on the phone company's end or my end. I need a nap too! Joe is going to go back to the old place to do the walkthrough and clean it up some more. We have to go back on the weekend to so I think we're fine. I was super pissy because someone already decided to park in our spot and its like, WE STILL ARE PAYING RENT GET OUT OF THE SPOT! the woman wouldn't answer the door last night so if that car is still there tonight when Joe goes there, I want it towed.

Kathy and Chris -- plyo legs? You go girls! Just hurts thinking about it.
Beth -- that sounds so annoying! Though knowing us, Joe and I would have slept through noon without our alarms waking us up lately. (Actually, we have this super heavy drapes in the bedroom and they don't let any light in so I don't wake up nearly as early as I did even a week ago!).
Joanne -- awww about your dog...I'm a sucker for dogs whimpering. I keep on putting off getting a dog until we're more settled but our friends who basically hold our hands for anything that needs to get fixed in our house always brings their dogs and I just love then running around so much. My dog wasn't allowed to come on the beds though, my mom really forbade that. I told joe that since we have memory foam, we probably shouldn't either and his heart just sank down to the floor. I'll have to see how a medium sized dog can handle that.

Speaking of floor -- have any of you seen my mysterious safe pictures? I found a safe in the floor of my bedroom closet! How cool is that...

Back to the bench...

Oh, and I post on FB more because I get emails when people do stuff and it buzzes on my phone and I can connect to the Internet on my phone. With the no internet at home, I only can do it at work and its been a bit crazy here too...

Hey Hottie!! There you are!

Hope your DSL issue got resolved... How's your head today?

You are so crazy busy, don't worry, you'll get back to eating right and working out, because you are addicted, like we all are!! :eek:

No, I don't think I saw the pics of your secret safe, was it on FB?

OMG.. I went NUTS today buying stuff. I ended up getting the Original Club Step, (I've been using a Reebok step for YEARS!) , an extra riser, the slanted risers, Total Body Stretching Video, and resistance bands!!! I did get 20% off here on some stuff, and then I bought the Step & slanted risers over at Amazon w/ free shipping and had a $25 GC, so I did save some, but , I'm so excited for my big packages to arrive!!

Waiting it out here until American Idol comes on. I stretched out on the couch earlier , watching Zach play Metallica Rock Band, and actually felt DOMS in my Abs from Med Ball yesterday! But I did a good stretch, and just about fell asleep! So I have to NOT lay down, or I'll konk out before AI results ..

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.