April 09 check in Tuesday 21rst

Kathy36

Cathlete
Good morning ladies..

Today will be Maximum Intensity Cardio for me..I am thinking I will do the entire workout instead of just the hi/lo and cardio quick fix....

Be back later to check in..

Good morning, all! I'm checking in with SJP premix 3 -- step & hi-lo. I think I remember Chris and Kathy doing this in the rotation and Chris saying she liked it better than she expected (because of the hi-lo). Do I have that right? Might have been CTX! Anyway, it was a quick workout -- I liked the step portion, definitely. That's the first time I've done that premix. Oh, and followed with the pilates abs, which I liked because the hamstrings get stretched a lot in that! :)

Another busy day for me. Hot again, no rain! :D How's our eating???

have a good one!

-Beth

Hey Girls!
127fs1601347.gif

Just got done with a bit of a mish-mosh cardio. At first, I didn't really feel like MIC Hi/Lo, so I decided to do IMAX. Well, after 3 intervals, I thought about all the Plyo moves in IMAX and Plyo Legs being tomorrow, So I switched over to MIC Hi/Lo!

Either way, I did 55 Minutes of sweaty cardio and then I did Power 90's Ab Ripper 200 .

It's damp, cloudy and cool out here and the boys are already getting on my nerves and each other's! I'm shipping Alex and Jake (my 2 younger ones) off to my Mom's for a sleepover. The end of the week is going to be nicer , and we will have more stuff to do. But sitting in this house all cooped up stinks on ice and if they stay home, i feel I wll need to open that bottle of wine leftover from Easter....

Kathy: on all of MIC! The hi/lo was kickbutt for me.

Beth: I guess you're probably right about the weather. 90 is a bit extreme. I mean, it's not like you can really enjoy being outside, same as if it's raining. I do remember SJP , the step part, which I LOVED. I'd forgotten alot of it, and I just had so much fun with the music.

I had a GOOD eating day on Monday, and am planning to be just as good, if not better, today! How bout you guys?

We should have a daily eating competition for clean eating, see who can outdo who!!!

Chris, your little pictures are toooooo funny!!!! I love them. And don't be opening that bottle of wine!!! :p I'm sorry it's miserable there -- how about another round of Monsters & Aliens?!

I don't know about competing for clean eating.... I think that would set me up for failure in some strange way!

To work, for me..... the mouse on my windows box won't work, so I've got to figure out how to re-boot it mouseless. Technology is so great, isn't it?!

-Beth

Hi ladies. I tried to post yesterday and kept getting interrupted!

Beth, that sounds like a wonderful surprise for your sister. You are an awesome sibling!! So what kind of stuff do you give her to open every day? What a cool idea.

Chris, way to go on the clean eating!! I'll try to join in - but that dang Easter candy is still hanging around!! :( It's funny - I come into work today and here's a bag of chocolate eggs on the counter. They are following me around. So, your kids are off this week? I hope your weather get nicer. Our spring break had cruddy weather and DH and the kids were at their wits end - annoying each other. I love the step in SJP - Kung fu fighting rocks!!

Hi Kathy - I'm sure your sweating right now with MIC!

Yesterday I did Chest, shoulders and triceps - the start of the third week of Meso 2. Mostly my triceps are sore today. I also took Tully for a three mile walk. We should have run, but it was cold and rainy and not sure how long we'd be out there. Today I did Cardio Fusion. I was ambitious and tried to do the 80 minute premix. I did all of it except the second run-through of the BM2 combos. So, it was about 70 minutes, I think. The endorphins were going toward the end! It was really fun, but I wish it had more of LIC in there.

More craziness this week. After school Jameson has a track meet, Colin has a soccer game and Jameson then has soccer practice. And, it's raining again all day. Maybe something will be cancelled. I spent 15 minutes this morning digging all the mud off of Colin's shoes from the game he had last night on the muddy field. He's so funny - I told him I was just going to get the big chunks off since they'll just get messed up tonight. But he has these bright yellow shoes that he's so proud of. He insisted on cleaning them himself and then blowed them dry. Goofy kid!

Lots of work here to do...BBL

Joanne

Howdy all!

Well I did my first workout today in a long time! I went on the elliptical at the school gym for an hour and I picked up some weights for about 5 minutes to just get some blood flowing. Nothing too hard at all but yeah, my body was telling me, "yeah, we haven't done this in a while!" It was more like...my body was sluggish. I almost felt like if I really pushed it into a high HR (I was keeping it pretty low for the most part) I may feel better but I didn't want to burnish unnecessary energy when its so hot (yep, triple digits yesterday). Walking to 10+ minutes from my building to the gym sort of sucked in the heat though I was glad I had soaked my hair in freezing cold water before I stepped out...it dried by the time I got to my building though. Sigh...

Up for today? Lots of planning and reorganizing -- yesterday I did a ton of reading. So a pretty easy day for the most part. Actually, it feels like I do more stuff at home now! We had a big drama last night at home depot because we went to get some more paint due to the paint sale and we just really confused and it was actually a bit stressful. I think I figured it out now so we'll be ok. :) After this last round of paint effects and I think *one* more piece of furniture, our bedroom will be done. It'll be fun to put up the photos.

Kathy -- the idea of MIC in the heat I'm in right now is making me sweat!

Beth -- sorry about getting mixed up about that yesterday! Is it triple digits for you too? They all SAY its under 100 in the weather reports but what do you know, it gets up there. Seriously, I can tell by how warm it is when I go to the car, how hot its going to be in the afternoon and today I KNOW its going to be over 100.

Chris -- when you talk about your boys, I always marvel with how boys are different from girls! Joe seems to recall a lot of what you say, but I almost inevitably go, boys are silly. It's no secret that if I get pregnant, I've been wanting a boy but man sometimes you guys... ;) good for you for getting a serious hour of cardio. I hate it when I'm like that because I fear I'll just crap out (and half the time I do). Sounds like a nice sweaty mess!

Joanne -- that's so funny about your kid! I think I'm going to get Cardio Fusion, but probably after I get DM. I really like the step of BM2 and LIC so it seems like a decent purchase. Oh what am I saying?!? I have to stop stimulating this economy unless it starts stimulating my own pocket! Seriously, I've bought a house, paid for labor, and my best friend got me STS Shock Cardio and I got TWO pull/push towers (one for me, one for my friend) - how much more does the stimulus karma gods want?? LOL!

Oh, I'm tracking my calories again...maybe not the cleanest calories but I'm tracking them at least...

Hey Again!

cancan.gif

Yes, I'm doing a conga line, in honor of my 2 younger boys being at Gramma's!! Okay, well, the weird thing is, I kind of miss them! I think I have a screw loose somewhere.... But they were SOOOO well behaved after we got to my mom's. I started enjoying them again... :eek:

Beth: Yeah I know what you mean about jinxing your eating ... so maybe we'll just keep it a quiet challenge...

Joanne: I totally understand about the candy. I was soooo good on Saturday at home. I got to work, and they had these donuts there from a specialty donut shop, I go to maybe once every 5 years! I had to!!! Ugh! ... But I feel better today and yesterday, so hopefully I can shrug off the poundage that found it's way on me during the last week and 1/2!!!!! That does sound crazy with all the sports going on. I'm lucky, just Zach is in baseball at this point. In fact, his first Little League Game is wednesday, and we're looking forward to it!... Funny about those shoes! That sounds like something my Alex would do!

Hottie:
47b20s0.gif
on the workout today! I know you've been missing it! Sorry it's so hot there! :( Weather is funny, i was bitching and moaning last night about STILL having to wear LONG SLEEVES because the forecast was for cool, rain and dampness. And my DH told me to "Stop whining! It's just weather, get over it!". Hmmmf! Men, huh? .... I know my boys sound crazy, but I would NOT trade them for girls for anything. When I found out I was pregnant the third time, I did wish for a girl, but God gave me 3 boys for a reason. I don't think I could deal with another hormonal girl in this house. At least with the boys it's just nonsense, like farts and bad words and "pounding each other". Girls would be all into the emotional end of the world /drama stuff! ... Couldn't do it! LOL!!!

okay, better go figure out what I'm making for supper. Should be easy! It's only 3 of us!
acigar.gif

Chris, you're too funny! I know exactly what you mean about missing the boys! Can't live with them - can't live without them! ;) Actually, that sometimes goes more for DH's! My kids can drive me bonkers - but when they're gone I miss them! Enjoy your time alone! Oh yea, girls are a totally different animal! I don't know if it's just her personality - but Caitlyn is so high maintenance! Yes, a bit of a princess. Much of that is my fault for usually giving in to her cause of her history, but she's quite a handful at times! The boys are/were much less emotional and needy. But, they are much more physical - last night Ian insisted on egging on Jameson by continually knocking him in the head with his foot. He was on the couch and Jameson was on the floor. He wasn't doing it hard - it was mostly just for the annoyance factor. Well, after about the 5th time, Jameson totally lost it and started pounding on him. That ended the night - I sent them all up to their rooms.

Hottie, you've probably burned more calories with all that moving/painting, etc. than you would have with regular workouts! But, good for you for getting back into it. I bet your house looks gorgeous! I'll take your's and Beth's weather. Well, maybe not up to 100, but 60 would be nice! It's about 40 here. Soccer practice was cancelled - yea, one less thing to do!

Toodles....

Joanne

Hey...... I don't know that I'm such a great sibling, but my sister sure has been good to me, so it was fun to do something for her. It was mostly jokes I put in the envelopes, but also a pack of vitamins (as sort of a joke), a picture of her & my other sister when they were kids, and then I got lazy and bought about 10 greeting cards for the last week or so. Oh yeah, there was some restaurant 10% off card, too! :D

Chris, I can relate to missing the boys even though they drive you crazy!! And Joanne, I'm glad your afternoon ended up being a little less hectic than planned!

Back into it, Hottie -- good for you! I can imagine the scene at home depot -- been there, done that. :p

Ok, I've got to clean my very messy kitchen!!

-Beth

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.