April 09 check in Thursday 23rd

Kathy36

Cathlete
Good morning ladies...

Checking in today with a beautiful day in store...Today's workout will be 4 day split kickbox cardio and abs...I want to try and throw a run in there if I have time..So, we will see..Our schedule is BUSY today..We have history club then library (the kids do an art class there) and then baseball game tonight...

Chris: did you have any leg soreness? my legs are doing good. I feel a little DOMS. But, I can still manage to sit and stand pretty good...

Be back later!

Good Morning Kathy & All the Ladies here :)

It is gorgeous outside today although my allergies are acting up so I had to take some claritin and Excedrin Migraine with 20oz of espresso to see if my headache goes away.

Beth to answer your question from yesterday ....no I don't dread CLX actually I really look forward to it when its scheduled. :) I think I've become spoiled with the short workout times and don't know how I'm going to get used to hour long weight workouts again once I'm done with it ;) I really enjoy the time frame of these.

So today I will be doing Imax 2 premix 6-10 followed with Push Circuit 1 and ab work. My head is aching some so I'm waiting for it to ease up before I start.

picture.php

Good morning. I'm feeling more alive today, though still not 100%. Another rest day for me. I'm achy and feverish.

Vilma, good to know you don't have dread factor with clx. I thought you might only in that they seem sort of repetitive after a while (for me they did). I wondered if it would be hard to get through longer workouts again, but I adjusted pretty quickly, but then again, I was very psyched about starting STS.

I think I have to try to have as normal a day as possible because I need to get stuff for the kids (elmer's glue for crazy hair day tomorrow!) and we have piano lessons this afternoon. Last lesson before Saturday's recital....

Good thing there is a couch at work...... I may be using it later.....

-Beth

Hi ladies.

Beth, sorry you are feeling sick. Is anyone else in your family sick? It's hard to try and do your normal stuff when you're feeling bad. Why did you have to mention Paula Deen's brownies with candy in the middle???? ;) JK! Those sound evil and decadent. I'm stopping myself for searching for the recipe! OK, what are you doing with glue for crazy hair day?? That reminds me of when DH would give the boys buzz cuts for the summer. It was the end of the year and crazy hair day at school. He gave the boys mohawks for the day. I made sure he buzzed off the rest the next day!

Vilma, my kids allergies are acting up too. Sounds like a good workout planned for today!

Kathy, it seems like the soreness lessens a bit as you get into the cycles. At least for me it does. I love the 4DS kickbox - have fun!

Last night was another soccer night. Thankfully it was a bit warmer (40s) and dry. I only stayed for a half and then off to the middle school orientation. Tonight is Jameson's induction into the National Junior Honor Society.

No workout yet - I'm planning on doing an itread during my lunch.

BBL...

Joanne

Hey Girls..

I need to TRY to be quick here. Got a busy day too. Taking the younger 2 to the Children's Museum and then to pick up Zach from my mom's. He stayed over there last night, and I stressed about his blood sugars, of course. But he gets to spend some one on one time with his Gram, he was so happy to be able to do it! Grandmothers are so special and since she turned 85 yesterday... well I like that they get to spend time with her.

I did 4DS Kickbox too and Abs, and then did Total Body Stretching on the Ball. Nice! ACtually, my legs are pretty sore today from Plyo yesterday!! :eek: KB was tough in the beginning. Abs were actually tougher, holding the split scissors KILLED my legs/hips. :confused:

I'm happy for the shorter workout today though...

Vilma: That's cool you look forward to CLX. I probably should look into getting it. The shorter workouts would be nice for the summer when the boys are home.

Joanne: Oh my, Yes! I started those Paula Deane Brownies about a month ago. I made them for my son's class. They were soooo good, if you like chocolate that is! Funny, Beth!..that your mom made them! Joanne, you have a lot going on with your kiddos, there huh?

Beth: sorry you are sick! You sound miserable!! (((hugs))) Mommies aren't supposed to get sick!! I hope you're able to rest and recover. Crazy hair day! LOL! That's me EVERY day!

Okay, gotta go find my boys so we can get outtahere!!

BBL I hope!!

I

Oh my gosh.... I totally forgot about a dream I had this morning but it just came back to me..... we were all at Cathe's gym doing back and biceps with her! There were a bunch of people, not just us, but we were in a group together. We were just about to do biceps and Cathe said that we could just stay with the same weight for all three sets and there was much confusion "do we go with our heaviest, or our lightest?" It was so stupid! Like a bad thread come to life or something. :D That was the workout I was supposed to do this morning. I am still so achy -- not sure I'll attempt it tomorrow, but I hope so -- I don't want to get too far off track.

Chris, happy belated birthday to your mom! That's awsome!! And, I had a Mrs. Beasley doll too!!! I was so thrilled when I got her!

Oh, I also forgot to tell you guys that yesterday one of the mom's at school called me "the fitness natzi" from seeing my fb picture (same one as here -- with Cathe). Someone else asked about it and then said, "well, I guess so, look at those biceps". I turned bright red, which they all noticed. Silly!

Ok, I've got to get some work done now.....

-Beth

Hey fitness nazi - aka Beth :), that dream is hilarious! So we were all beautiful, thin and strong, right? ;)

Chris, I know I said this before, but your mom sounds like an amazing woman! 85 and having her grandkids sleep over! Happy birthday to her! Hope you are having fun at the children's museum.

I had a funny moment with Caitlyn the other night. Her godfather gave her a movie gift certificate for Easter and told her to tell me to take her to Hannah Montana. Well, we've been so busy we just haven't had time. Last night I told her we'd try to do it this weekend. She was all excited - oh - I get to see the Hannah Montana show! I said, you know it's just a movie, right? - it's not a live show? Her face just totally fell and she burst into tears. She kept arguing with me that it was a show and she was there live. I'm sorry, but I don't think I could handle a Hannah Montana concert. ;) I'm glad we cleared that up before we actually got to the theatre!

I did itread 13 - 45 minutes during my lunch. Go me!!

Joanne

Well, I just christened the gym room with Imax2. Damn -- its been a while! During the warmup all I could go was, "What the hell was I thinking? I haven't worked out for real in weeks!" I cheated for sure near the end. My alignment issue at the bottom of my left foot was bugging me a little too. But this was hilarious -- I TOTALLY regretting waxing the floors in the gym room. Between the step and floor it was just a mish mosh of thump-squeak-squeak-thump. The arrangement worked out ok -- some more space in some dimensions and a little less in others but generally rather workable. There's no real way for me an Joe to do most cardio workouts together in the room but that's ok. He cramps my style anyway. ;)

Kathy -- I hope you got 4DS KB in! It's a fun one!

Vilma -- I just got Joe an air purifier from Costco for our bedroom since his allergies were just going crazy and it really has been helping him. Now, its this enormous purifier for rooms like 3x the size of our bedroom but it still helping.

Beth -- I hope you feel better! Recitals, how fun! Are the kids nervous? I used to get really nervous. Funny dream -- was I cursing a blue streak? Because maybe then its a premonition.

Chris -- are you talking about that Children's museum in boston...like near the T? I vaguely remember it when I was looking at MIT for college. That's so cool about grandmothers. I think my mother has been thoroughly enjoying being a grandmother (and there's now no pressure for me to provide for her since my sister gave her three grandkids!).

Joanne -- GO YOU! :) ::shudder:: Hannah...Montana...I listened to my nieces talk about her non-stop for over an hour. Oh Billy Ray -- you haunted me in my childhood and now you send your spawn out to my nieces? LOL! But that's good you cleared it up before you got there --she would have been crushed!

Oh, I hope the DSL guy repairs this stuff quickly...though it seems I may have to ditch the DSL in general and switch to cable. blech.

Hi Again!
dancegirl2.gif

Oh my, what a crazy morning/afternoon...

Our furnace is apparently on the "fritz", and they could come out today between 11 and 1p, or not until Monday. Since I promised the boys ALL WEEK, we'd do the Children's Museum "Pet" Touch time (they have animals there they wanted to pet up close), I told them Monday. we're SUPPOSED to get into 80/90 degree weather come the weekend. I hope that we survive the chillier nights without heat! :confused: Oh, and of course, after I make this sacrifice for ALEX, ALEX whines and complains about the museum and having to wait, and wanting to do something else. Kids, I tell ya!

Hottie, It's not the Boston Children's Museum. we have been there before too, years ago, and it's pretty cool. This is one actually in town close to us (Boston is about 2 hours away) and it's brand new, so it's pretty neat.

And on top of this, Zach accidently drops his Cell Phone and it breaks in 2. Oooh boy!!!

I'm really feeling like I could eat Zach's UNTOUCHED Chocolate Bunny!!!! But that would be mean... LOL!

Beth: OMG..LOVE your dream! Sounds like fun, except for the confusion. Hottie.... LOL @ your swearing like a trooper! You literally made me LOL!...Take care of yourself, Beth. It's a small speedbump, you'll get back to STS. no worries!!!!... OMG, I LOVED my Mrs. Beasley doll!!.. Do you remember the TV Show, "Family Affair?" And Jody , the cute little girl with blond curls, had a Mrs. Beasley doll too!

And I loved my Marvel the Mustang horse. You RODE that thing, and bounced up and down on it and it MOVED ... it's probably very dangerous in today's standards.

LOL @ Fitness Natzi! My friends give me VERY weird looks at work with what I bring in to eat. They're all eating burgers and fries and buffalo chicken salad, and there I am with my Fat Free Greek Plain Yogurt and pudding mix!

Hottie: I almost peed in my pants laughing about Billy Ray Cyrus's plot against you!!! I just dont' GET Hannah Montana. She's not even that pretty and she doesn't sing THAT good. I mean, not like David Cassidy, in my day. HE was a hottie.... and the Partridge Family ROCKED! WOO HOO on IMAX2 , so funny about your waxed floor!!! I don't think I would have made it through IMAX2 after being away from exercise that long, even with modifications! Good for YOU!!!

I thank God every day that I still have my mom at 85 and she does so well.

JOanne: Wow, damn good thing you got that straightened out with Caitlyn!! LOL! Hey, enjoy the popcorn, ignore the screaming girls!! LOL! YAY for a TM run!! The warm weather will be heading your way and you'll be outside with me running like the wind!!!

Getting ready to take the boys out to dinner at the airport... Have a nice evening all!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.