April 09 check in Thursday 16th

Kathy36

Cathlete
Good morning ladies...

Still a little sore in the chest and now my legs have DOMS. I really liked the plyo legs yesterday..It was tough! BUt, it seemed to go by so fast...

Today will be low impact circuit premix and yoga based abs. I remember I liked this ab section....

Chris: Great purchases!! My sisters asked what I wanted for my birthday coming up on the 27th and I said Cathe gift cards. I want some fitness products and I have that 20% coupon too...

Ok, I will be back later...

Hi Kathy & All who follow...

I'm starting late today so I really need to get off my butt and press play on my dvd player.

Today I start week 3 of the Push Phase along with a Cathe cardo premix and ab work.

We finally took our youngest DD to see Aliens vs Monsters in 3D yesterday and man oh man all I had was some popcorn but it was enough to make me sick for the rest of the day:(. I've been flushing my body with some serious water intake and will be eating only fruits & veggies for a few days to cleanse my system from all that crap which makes me be in so much pain.

Okay I really need to go and start before it gets any later.

picture.php

Good morning!!! Yesterday was crazy for me, so no posting, though I saw some of yours. Kathy, you do have doms from the plyos? I don't think I did, Chris, but I really don't remember. I can see how you might not get them. I did the all step premix from low max this morning -- it was a good low-key thing -- very "steady state". Do you ever have times when you're doing step and you can't do the simplest things you've done many times before? That's how I was this morning. And I kept thinking about how Hottie can probably do low max in her sleep!!

Gina threw up in our bed in the middle of it -- oh lovely....
(Joanne, I laughed at your dog being in your bed -- Gina's something like 45 pounds, and she seems to big in our bed, but then I think how it must look to her -- she is so much smaller than we are, and there we are in the bed -- why shouldn't she be there?!)

Chris, I saw you ordered more risers -- I need to. How many will you have total? I didn't see anything late in our thread -- maybe I'll need to go back and look -- I saw the other thread. Is anyone ordering the power tower? I'm seriously tempted -- mostly for chest press! Seems a little crazy though..... (for just one thing, though I'd use it for pullups too).

Hottie, yes! I saw the cool photos of the cool safe, and also the painting! I haven't seen anything lately if you've had more updates. Are you guys going to make use of the safe? It's very much "Famous Five" (the series I'm still reading to the boys where we got the name Gina from).

Ok, another crazy day for me today. Oh, Chris, I don't know how you deal with all the insulin stuff -- it's a good thing you're a nurse, and lucky for me I do not have to deal with that! I would not do well, I don't think!

Have a great day everyone!

-Beth

Hey Girls!
dancegirl2.gif

Just got done with LIC Cardio Blast Premix (FUN! I haven't done that in a DOG'S day & forgot how freakin fun it really is..ADORE the music!) and then did Abs Circuit: Yoga Abs. I'm kind of surprised, I have some pretty good DOMS from Med Ball Abs on Tuesday! Weird!

I'm presently charging up my iPod , and then heading out for a few errands, and on the way home, the park, for a little run! I'd love to ride my bike, but I haven't run this week, so I just gotta. Maybe I'll ride tomorrow!

I slept pretty good , considering only 2 sugar checks!, but ended up having a nightmare ABOUT Zach's blood sugar. I dreamed it was 898!! I was freaking out! We've had some issues this week with him, so I think that's why the nightmare. #1, was the screwed up sugars the other night #2, he went to his diabetes doc for a check up this week and #3, His Art teacher wouldn't let him go to the nurse to check his blood sugar :)mad: which bought the Principal a call from a PO'd mom!). Anyhow, i ended up sleeping later than usual, and then had to run around lke a mad woman this morning. Sometimes I function better that way though! I got Sooooo much accomplished in 10 minutes!
clap.gif

Kathy:
Well, the answer is: YES! I have BIG freakin time DOMS in my ARSE today from Plyo Legs. God, LIC was hard with all those 7 repeater sculpting moves. OUCH! It's just sore. I'm actually able to go pee without moaning...
hippie7.gif

Vilma: Hey! Hope you enjoy CLX today, in spite of having an upset tummy! I loved Monsters Vs. Aliens in 3D, did you?? So cool! ... And i have to say, I love that evil movie popcorn too. ... But it is evil!!!

Beth:[/B] LowMax Premix sounds like a nice little Step workout! Cool! ... Sorry about the dog puke
220.gif
. How horrible! You have such fun things happen to you in the middle of the night! ... Let's see. on the Risers I will have 5 for each side. Is that how much Cathe has in STS? I forget now! I hope that's enough! The Power Tower looks so cool, but I can't. I have a weight bench that I SHOULD use for heavier weights. It's just a pain to keep moving the barbell for different exercises. So there's NO WAY I can justify buying the Power Tower. (even though I'm tempted! LOL!)

Going to start moving here... got a bunch to do!!!

Type back atcha later girls!

computer3.gif

Last edited:
Howdy everyone!!

Chris, looks like you answered your question about the DOMs from Plyo Legs! I was in such pain last week from legs - going to the bathroom was torturous! How horrible that the art teacher wouldn't let Zach go get his sugar checked. I'm sure you set things straight! LIC is fun! I think Cathe has either 4 or 5 risers on each side in STS. I have 9 (not quite sure how that happened) so I only use 4 on each side. Sounds like you got lots of fun new stuff coming!

Beth, oh, I feel for you on the dog vomit! Ick!! I'm sure you didn't hear that lovely sound that comes right before they lose it. Ever had the mad rush to get the dog outside when they start? Yea, Tully wasn't supposed to be a bed dog. When we first got married we had two dogs and they were always on the bed. We vowed that would not happen again. Well, slowly Tully wormed her way onto the bed. She barely sheds at all, so I don't mind her up there. Plus, DH works nights, so I'm usually alone. And, in the winter she is so soft and warm!! Good job on Low Max!

Hey Vilma! How are you liking Push? Are you going to try the Lean phase? I may have already asked you that. The popcorn is so addicting!

Hi Kathy! So, what are buying??

I'd love to have the pull up tower, since I'm really not feeling the band pull ups, but can't justify the space it would take up or the cost. Plus, it would become a play thing for the kids, I'm sure.

Today I did the cardio from Boot Camp and then the 4DS kickbox. I wish Cathe would make a longer workout like that one. Really fun. I love the warmup. My legs are sore from yesterday, but not as bad as last week.

Tomorrow is Family Friendship Day at school. The kids do some songs and then the parents go to the classes with the kids. I always feel bad because there are only two of us and three kids, so we have to go back and forth to the rooms and someone is always without a parent. They just play games or whatever, but I still feel bad. Then we have a conference with Colin's teacher. Should be interesting!

Must go...lots of work to do!

Joanne

ok, so the other reason why I feel bad about posting here is because I'm pretty sure I'm not working out today either (though I'm hoping for something on the elliptical here at school). It's just been the new place. Yesterday, I hooked up the gas line to my stove so I could cook (ALL BY MYSELF -- it's actually not that big of a deal the only thing you have to worry about is gas leaks and I know how to take care of that from lab) and then proceeded to be an idiot about ignition. Something is wrong with the oven but I think its just one unit that got fried that I have to replace. But I can cook! Yesterday, before this revelation, I had taken an electric kettle and cooked up ramen in there. It was both comforting and disgusting. Tonight the goal is that I take the Entertainment room and Joe takes the rest of the kitchen. The weekend will be spent on putting away my newly discovered wardrobe (all the clothes I got too fat to fit into and tucked away that I forgot about them). that should clear up the livable rooms.

Kathy -- I love that LIC premix. I really got used to it when I had the low impact restriction and I just loved it. I hope she makes a second version of that!

Vilma -- did you enjoy the movie? I'm sure it isn't too bad from the popcorn...

Beth -- EW EW EW!!! My dog had the sense to throw up on floors or outside when I was little. Actually, she did this thing where she basically "coughed" funny and that's how I knew she had to throw up and out the backyard she went. It probably worked out since then she would proceed to eat some of this specific grass that eased her stomach. Isn't the safe wicked? We'll put some time in opening up later. As for the colors, its really weird because the rouge looks different in natural vs. artificial sunlight so I'm not sure how I'm going to dress the bed yet.

Chris -- what a TERRIBLE nightmare! If I had a dream like that I would have a hard time working after that. I'm annoyingly superstitious sometimes (but I blame my mother). Like yesterday, there was a fly that wouldn't stop coming near me and landing on me for HOURS. When Joe finally came home he saw me getting really frustrated with it and wondered why I didn't kill it. And I gave him this long story about how once a there's a tale where someone's really good friend was reincarnated as a fly and he was accidentally killed as a fly and I would feel really bad if that were the case. Yeah, I felt stupid even telling him but that's why I didn't kill it. Ok, that has nothing to do with dreams unless you know that I get really weirded out when I remember dreams too. Ok, now ya'll think i'm crazy...

Joanne -- I guess you know that sound the dog makes! My dog ran pretty fast to the backyard too knowing what headaches we had if she threw up on carpet. Don't feel bad about one kid being without a parent. My parents never came to any of those things at all so I always think kids are lucky when parents do that kind of stuff for them. Oh, and I'm so buying the pull up tower. Joe doesn't know that that's the case. But its happening.

OK, I gotta run to a joint lab mtg. we have them once a month and it feels like I just did it last week! BBL

HI ladies..

I enjoyed LIC premix today. Great workout...

Beth/Chris: I have DOMS in the leg..But, I am not sure if it is from the run or the plyo legs. I think it is some from both...

Hottie: I agree..I would love another LIC..

Joanne: I am not sure yet. I was thinking of getting Cathe's resistance cords. Because I think hers would be better than the ones I have now. I know the resistance bands are better...Other than that I gotta look. I want the nonweigthed gloves too...So, I will see how much I get and go to town..Can't wait!!

Hi Vilma..

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.