April 08 Thursday Check In

Boingo

Cathlete
Hi Guys!

I just got done doing Cardio Kicks for the first time. What a different workout! The title really does describe the workout. it seems more hi/lo than actual kickboxing. It was kind of cool. Parts I liked, parts I didn't. And I don't in ANY way mean this to be mean, but Cathe just didn't seem as "in shape" as she did in her other videos. Maybe it was the editing or something, but she was breathing hard and sweated up a storm, didn't she? I've never seen her that way before...LOL!! It was a GOOD thing! And those guys! wow. that one guy was HUGE!!! They looked so uncomfortable doing those stretches at the end. ... Just some funny observations! I did sweat as much as Cathe though!!!

not 100% as in my sinuses are still bugging me. It's so nice out, and I could have gone for a run, but I'd never done CK before , so I wanted to try it and thought I'd get a bigger workout from it than a run. But I'm not so sure. I think they would have been even.

Joanne: You do have a lot of videos! You have Slim Series too? How is that? tough? I should add in some Pilates workouts. I know crosstraining is really key. PUB gave me MAJOR DOMS today, and S&H did NOTHING for me last week. I think because I was so used to doing 4DS slow and heavy work. Next week in my rotation I have S&H scheduled, i think I might substitute Gym Style instead...

And yes! I know about those dressing room mirrors! Even when I walk and see my reflection, I *always* see my saddle bag thighs first thing. I hate that! I think maybe, just maybe, it's us focusing on the little 'off' things, and that when others see us, they don't see those flaws as much as we do!!

~Chris

Hi Chris (and all that follow!). Cardio Kicks is different - it's a fun workout to do every once in awhile. I get a kick out of the guys, too, especially when Cathe makes them come up in front at the end.

I've had Slim Series for awhile and lasted with a rotation of it for about 2-3 weeks a couple years ago. It is tough, but not like Cathe. Lots and lots of reps with lighter weights. Gets a bit monotonous, but it's supposed to be really effective. You know, S&H doesn't give me DOMS either. I wonder why that is? The GS definitely do and I'm sure the Pyramids would.

This morning I did Amy's Hi/Lo Knockout again. That workout is just so much fun!! Tomorrow I want to try a new DVD by Angie Miller, Strength and Core Fusion. It's gotten great reviews on videofitness. Hopefully I'll run Saturday. I told my son who just joined the track team (he's 11) that we'll go running together this weekend. Us and the dog. Should be quite a sight!

Hi ladies!!

Checking in real quick with Pyramid upper body...

Everyone is doing a great job with their workouts. Keep up the great work..I just need to control my eating and I will be doing alot better...

Have a great evening!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.