Am I the Only One that Hates Cardio?? - Oct. 17th

dianet

Cathlete
Where is everyone? I come back from vacation and find that the whole check-in has fallen apart without me and my string of posts to myself. Come on people!!

I woke up really late today because I stayed up late last night for no reason. My new goal is to go to sleep at a decent time every night because then I can workout and be more productive at work. Right now I am dead tired even after my coffee. This is bad. I will do my 5FF workout after work today if I get home early enough. I am pretty sore from my workout yesterday.

Hey, I hate it too!!

I'm here, I'm here. DH leaves tomorrow for Italy and I'm sure I mentioned that I wouldn't be around much until after he leaves. I'm kind of swamped with stuff; helping DH get ready, tending to my IL's, and just a lot of running around in general. I did answer your post about the boots, though, and I gave you 2 thumbs up for the Anne Klein.

I bought DH a digital camera yesterday to take to Italy so he can email pictures to me:). Here's the one I got:

http://www.nikonusa.com/template.php?cat=1&grp=2&productNr=25555

I've spent my morning reading the manual, charging and inserting the battery and SD card, and setting the date and time, etc. I've never had a digital camera before so this is all new and Greek to me. I think it's ready for DH to take on his trip. Now I just have to make sure he reads the instructions before he goes.

Don't ask me if I did my workout yesterday. I just couldn't--I didn't have time. I was out all day running errands; the bank, camera store, grocery store, and the optician to pick up DH's new reading glasses. Then I made a big pot of homemade lentil soup. I didn't get to bed until around 1:30 AM;( . Today will be similar with a few more errands, and I would like to make a nice dinner for DH tonight.

Ellen, I always liked that circuit w/o too but I haven't done it in ages. I'm still honeymooning with my elliptical trainer.

Kate, don't overdo it or else I'm going to have to come over there!--lol! Really though, take care so as not to set yourself back again. It's so nice to have you with us again. I really missed you!!

Janjan, how're things on the road? When will you be home?

August! Oh August! Where for art thou, August? I may need to go back and read last week's posts to see if you mentioned anything about going away. I don't recall--I just know I miss you;) :-(

I need to get rockin and rollin. I'll TRY to check back later. If not, I'll be here for sure tomorrow but, it will be late because I have an appointment with my ophthalmologist and then I'm going to lunch with my best girlfriend. TTFN:* :*

Michele - I was just playing this morning. I just couldn't believe I started the post for the past few days since I used to be one of the last people to post.

No, your not! That is why I am not doing!!! LOL! Not why, but kinda glad.

Anyhow your post title got my attention. Hope you ladies have a nice day. Kick up alittle dust, but DON'T FORGET TO BREATHE!!!! lol.

Char Char

Argh, I'm here! I'm back from being out of town and now into a sort of busy week.

Lemme see here...

Kate - Woo hoo! You got a HRM! Isn't it fun to hear it beeping? You wanna try something funny? When I do shoulder raises (where you hold dumbbells in either hand and raise your bent arms up sideways like pouring a pitcher of water), when my arms get to the up position, my HRM STOPS for a beep! It's too funny and totally scary at the same time. Jeez, 750 cals doing Imax 2?! That makes me want to give that sucker another try. NOT. So did you figure out how to make your % into the beats? I actually have mine on the % because I thought that would be easier.

Diane - I love West Side Story! I'm pretty sure I can sing all the songs without a lyric sheet. "When you're a Jet you're a Jet all the way, from your first cigarette to your last dyin' day!" I'm glad you had a great anniversary. Congratulations! On a side note, I'm sorry to hear about your direct supervisor's wife. That's awful news. I hope for the best.

Michele - Ooh, nice shoes! Did they arrive yet? I can't wait to hear if they fit you or not. Anyway, they look very cute. And how sweet of you to get your DH a digital camera and set it all up for him and his trip! It's fun having a digital camera and once you get used to it, I'm sure you'll love it. It looks fantastic!...Ooooh, more lentil soup. That sounds so yummy. Anyway, I wish your DH a safe and fun trip. He probably feels badly about having to leave you - I'm sure he's grateful that you are making his solo trip so smooth for him.

Janjan - Hahaha, back on Activia but with good news? Yes, I definitely want more details, girl, and hey, where are my party photos you were going to send?!

Shouts out to Ellen and Charlotte!

As for me, I'm fine, it's just kind of a busy week. I did Maximum Intensity Strength this morning and was dying for it to finish. I think it's just because I'm totally into my one-body-part-a-day routine that now doing the whole dang body seems like a marathon! LOL. Luckily, tomorrow is my beloved Christi day chock full of lots of hateful cardio. Weehee!

Okay, it's beddiebye for me.

Later! :)

Oh, oh! I totally forgot to tell you what happened on my trip. Now, I'm not lookin' for a compliment here, just to make things clear. ;)

On my trip, it was warm enough to wear a sleeveless shirt, and at some point, a group of us started talking about exercise and how I've really been into it and all, and someone asked me to flex my arm. When I did, some people actually gasped. :eek: A little background on Japan and exercise - they're not so into muscle on women as maybe the States is (or at least seems to be). Again, later on in a different place, I got comments about how muscular my arms look from different people (not even flexing, either). At first I was kind of happy, but then I got enough comments that I actually started feeling a little self-conscious of looking like........well, remembering Brooke Shields come out on Oprah's stage looking all butch like she was going to beat up someone in an alley! :* I remember seeing Madonna in a photo years ago and thinking, "now that's a bit much for me."

Heh. Hmmm, I guess all the more reason to up my cardio, eh?

OMG...I am finally home!!! Yeah!!!!.....uhhhhh...........
What a fun past 72 hours...NOT!!!
The trade show was soooo boring and s..l...o...w....
I got an earlier flight, I was not suppost to leave until 8 PM, but I got on the 2 PM flight so here I am HOME! I do not like to fly, but need to get over it since I am due in Colorado in less than 2 weeks. I think I will be ok.

Yes, Nashville, was a bust, but it was really pretty. We were at OpriLand, and WOW that place is somethin' else....I got some pics but they are on my camera phone. I forgot the camera.

I have yet to send any pics of the party because I have had NO TIME!!! I need more time!!!!
My knee is no bueno at all and is really hurting. I am headed to the Dr on Friday over it and must get it better...this really sucks!

I am starting a new program tomorrow, don't ask me what, but it will be something. I am going to get into work a little later now that my boss is out of town for 2 weeks!!! YEAH!!!! heheheeee!!!

How is everyone? Michele, how is your MIL??? Is she doing good? You are not going to Italy? Sorry to hear that!

Diane, sounds like vacation was good! Glad to hear!
Dana-Hello!!

Kate...who won Project Runway?? I have not been keeping up!!!

Ok, hello to everyone else, I have a DD who is calling my name so I need to go and spend sometime with her.

August-I am going to email you here tonight, stand by!

I will be back later or tomorrow!

No one has won yet, the show is tomorrow, so you must keep up.

I love that darn HRM. I wear it all the time. The battery will be dead in a week.
Today I did KPC and was surprised to where my heart really was. My average was 138 and I really thought I did more. But when my number is really high, I don't feel so bad. What is going on??/ I know the answer...age again. I hate that answer!

I must walk the dog now, why....so I can wear my HRM

So, thinking and planning seriously about Glacer National Park next summer. Any suggestions? We will be coming in from Kalispell. I think I would like to stay in the park. Has anyone been there? Please let me know, all the internet stuff doesn't get me anywhere!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.