Alywyn, TT'ers, Kettlebells- Tuesday 5/27

sunnydelite

Cathlete
Good morning ladies,

i hope everyone had a good memorial day/weekend. i know i did. maybe a little too good. lol
my dsis is leaving early this am to go back home :-( . i had a really good time with them and can't wait for the next visit:) .

now it's back to afterburn, wooohoooo!! today i am going to do an itread (30 mins) and later on i am doing my day 1 AB workout followed by HIIT on the bike. i am doing an extra run this am to burn off some extra calories from yesterday:p .

lori- i too do not like some of the moves on legs and back. so i really don't do that one too often.

jacque- so did you get some good seafood y'day?

shirl- didn't you just love level 2 shred?!! nice and sweaty in only 20 mins... reminds me alot of metabolic effect!

ttyl....:)

Hi Sunny and all who visit Alwyn Land today :)

I enjoyed the holiday weekend also, no documenting food intake at all, but I was fairly good until the chips and cookies on Sunday....

Yesterday it occurred to me that doing a NROL4W workout before golf really exhausts (DUHHH!) my muscles. AND the muscle fatigue ruins my golf swing! I played horribly on Sunday after doing NROL4W 2B and on Sunday (no workout) my swing and short game were pretty decent. I am going to have to figure out how to either do cardio only before golf or fit in NROL4W workouts after golf. I suspected that was the case with weights before golf, but the effect was magnified with an Alwyn workout!

Today is an HIIT on the TM. And good clean eating again. :)

Sunny- I saw that you did the matrix from NROL4W. One of the posters on JPFitness forums did a video of herself doing the matrix and posted a link to it over there. That matrix really appears to be a fatiguing sequence!

[font color=lime green][font size +3]Judy "Likes2bfit"

http://www.picturetrail.com/jafitmama

Good Morning!:)

Well,I am typing this with one hand again:eek: DS as the cold and he wants to be up all the time, so what should take me 5 mins to write will probably take 10!:)

I drove yesterdays run to see how far it was and it was 15.3 kms which is exactly 9 miles:) but would you beleive thats all I did? My dad is staying at my sisters house (no one lives there) and DH and I went and got him some things that he needed. It was 11 ish before I got home.The past 2 days DH was suppose to start working out with me as well.....and you can see how thats going!x( So today is abother run,same route and hopefully DS won't fall asleep and then I will do Chest and Back this afternoon:)

Sunny** My sister doesn't live close by either and I love her visits! She will live here eventually, we just don't know when. Some yrs she comes home 2's others, only 1x. Glad you enjoyed your holiday!

Judy** Hope you have a good workout and clean eating! And your bad golf would beat my good golf any day;)

That took a long time, i would imagine someone else as posted since I started this! LOL

Lori :)

Morning Girls!:)

Sunny: Glad you had a blast with DSis. Now it's back to business and I can see that I don't have to tell you that twice. You already know what to do!}(

Judy: Sorry about your not so great golf game. Hope you can make it work so that neither your game nor your work outs suffer. Don't you play tennis too? I don't think I've heard about you playing in a while.

Lori: Sorry about your sick little boy. I hope he lets you put him down atleast for a few minutes today. LOL Enjoy your run and I hope you get that other work out in later!

So yesterday's work out was a 40 min walk/run with my friend in the morning in the morning and then AB's day 2 work out in the afternoon. I upped weights again. I was actually grunting after upping my weights on the double arm dumbbell pullovers! YEOWZAS! LOL

The BBQ y'day was nice. I behaved very well. All I ate was a cheeseburger and 2 helpings of salad with low fat dressing on it. Ofcourse, then there was the matter of the 2 mudslides and the beer that I drank but um...we won't talk about that!:p DH and I also went bowling. I needed the practice as our doubles league starts next week. Should be interesting!:7

Today's work out is HIIT on the TM with Grace and then I'll be doing a steady state run. I am missing that already and it's only been a week! LOL I'll probably add in one a week from now on just to keep my endurance up. :)

Well, that's all for now.
BBL

Wendy** Sounds like you had a good day yesterday! Good girl! Enjoy your workout today! I hope DS soon feels better as well b/c I am going to lose my marbels if he doesn't smarten up! Very whiny and I don't know what he wants...UGH!

Good news...scale was down 2 lbs today:) 4.6 lbs to my goal weight:)
Clouds are rolling in so Im not sure about my run. We will have to see what happens.

Lori:)

Lori: If you don't mind my asking...what is your goal weight? I started After Burn with a long time weight of about 128 pounds. I would love to see the scale say 125 when I am done but I know it's just a number. If I could have lower body fat with a higher weight, I'd definately take it over the reverse!:) We'll see what happens!

Wendy- Tennis has been put on the back burner. I played for 17 years straight once or twice a week. It was just getting to be too tricky to play a tennis match on fatigued legs, from a long run or decent weight lifting session. Plus, I live on a golf course now.

[font color=lime green][font size +3]Judy "Likes2bfit"

http://www.picturetrail.com/jafitmama

Good morning, everyone ~

Sunny, with the workouts you did this weekend, I have a hard time believin' you have any extra calories to burn today! But enjoy!

Judy, I'm convinced Alwyn is some sort of sadist. It's funny how NROL4W seems so manageable while you're doing it though, and then afterward it's clearly evident that he sucked up everything you had to give.

Lori, I hope your DS feels better soon. I remember those days all too well, where you just can't do anything to make them happy when they're sick like that. It's draining, and it just has to run its course. WOW on the the nine miles. You girls amaze me with your running capabilities. I have a hard time squeaking out 40 minutes! x(

Wendy, sounds like you had a good time yesterday! Very jealous of those mudslides :9 . Don't worry, there's a special, little known law of the universe that drinks at barbeques on holidays don't count! ;) You could have had another one!

Well, I'm going on very little sleep today because DD was up sick all night. She's home from school today, so I'm home from work. Usually my mother can take care of her, but she happened to have some things she needed to do today, so I'm home. I secretly very happy about this, because I hate leaving my kids with anyone else when they're sick. I did manage to get in my WSFL cardio this morning, 45 minutes worth. I'll be so happy if I can sneak in a nap sometime today, but I've got a doctor's appointment for DD this morning (she's been sick with a range of symptoms for over a week now, and last night she had a pretty good fever along with the nausea, dizziness, and headaches she had before, so it warrants a visit), and I've roofers on my roof that are making quite a racket. I'll be lucky if I can snooze at all. Hopefully they take a lunch break or something.

Have a great day ~

Jen

Judy: Gotcha! :)

Jen: Aww, sorry about your sick DD and your ensuing lack of sleep. Of all things to have going on at the same time but roof work! ACK! LOL Well, I am sure you and DD will make the best of it even it means renting a hotel room to catch some Zzzzz's. ;) :7

I'm heading off to the gym shortly so I'll post when I get back!

wendy- i am on top of it! i loved working out with my sis but have to admit i did miss my AB workouts. i have been adding in one day of an endurance run...just because i want to...lol

lori- it's nice to have family GTG's every now and again. congrats on the scale moving down!!!!

jen- you should have seen what i ate...;o( i hope your DD feels better soon. good job getting in your workout!

judy- we did do the matrix and it is very taxing. i sometimes use it as my finisher in my butts and gutts classes:eek: . i have seen that video, she does a really good job!

Good Afternoon Girls.

Just wanted to pop in to report my work out.

I logged 50 mins on the TM this morning betwen intervals with my buddy Grace ;) and a bit o' steady state. I didn't break any speed or distance records as I am still having trouble with the TM for some reason but I felt worked out when I was done so I'll take it!:) I was planning on a stretch this afternoon but it just never happened. Oh well. Not a big deal.

Eating is right back on track today. No problem at all getting back after the bbq's. YAY!

BBL to catch up with personals. :)

Sunny: Glad you had a great weekend and good visit with Dsis. I never made it out yesterday to get some seafood so had chicken. Think I’ll be able to hit the store after work though.

Judy: I bet you were tired after working out then playing golf ! May not seem like exercise, but when I used to play and hadn’t for quite a while I would have DOMS ! Oh well, guess your next round will be better since you have figured it out, Ha ! So jealous you live on a course. Wish I was back out playing but the ol’ time and $ are winning at this point.

Lori: Sorry to hear you are limited to one handed typing – that must take quite a while, LOL! Hope you little guy feels better soon. So hard when you can’t tell what they want, if they even want anything but your undivided attention because they don’t feel well. Good to hear the scale budging – not too much farther to go.

Wendy: Glad you had a great weekend – a little fun with some fun foods once in a while is good – sounds like you’re back on track with the workouts and that makes a difference. Just think of it as staggering your calories ! I’m with you on the weight thing – for me it would be nice to have a little less jiggle in my buns when I run ! I think a few pounds of muscle less a few pounds of fat would be perfect for me !

Jen: Sorry about your sickie too – at least you got in a workout – hope you get in a nap too !

Did not get in my NROLW yesterday and my back is so sore that I am thinking about putting it off today too. We’ll see how it feels when I get home from work. Have deadlift to do and that usually isn’t good for the lower back for me. And I just upped my weights last time.

Hope you all have a great day.

Evening Peeps!

Food intake was right on target for me today! Even had room calorie- wise for 2 yummy snacks after dinner! I had some popcorn and a fudgesicle! YUMMY! :9 :9 :9

Got Kettlebell Way today. I previewed some of it. I think I need to practice the moves before I jump into this. I was thinking of practing a move or 2 after each weight work out until I'm comfortable enough to do a full kb work out. Any thoughts?

Sorry about the lack of personals. I'll do better tomorrow!

Good Night!:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.