Alywyn, TT'er, Kettlebells & Tony- IIIIt's Friday!!

sunnydelite

Cathlete
Good morning all,

today i am cheating on Alwyn;). I am going to take an outdoor metabolic effect class at 6:30am and then going for a 2 mile run. i slowed down my friday's drastically and want to take advantage of being the student and not always the instructor:D

shirl- thanks for the boost of confidence! i would like to take one of your classes.

BBL....:)

This morning I did WSFL weights and cardio. Strength C, Circuits C & D. Workout was 50 Minutes and I burned 359 calories. Still not a great calorie burn.

I use a Mio Drive HRM to track my calories burned and heart rate. It has my weight, resting heart rate and gender, as well as age set in it.

Have great workouts everyone.

Good Morning Everyone.:)

Happy Friday Peeps!:7

Sunny: Good for you for slowing down and taking advantage of being the student. Enjoy your class and your run. So will you be picking back up with Alwyn tmrw? ;)

Lora: I used to use an HRM. Haven't in a couple of years. The numbers play too much of a mind game with me. When I run outside I almost always take my Garmin to track mileage and speed. On occassion I throw caution to the wind and leave it behind. It's a really freeing feeling to just get out there and not "worry" about the numbers. Try doing the work outs with out your HRM. Perhaps you will see them differently. :)

Today's work out is another kettle bell work out: Iron Core 2.
Gotta be in work early this morning (BLECH!) so it won't get done until later...

Good Morning!:)

Hmmmmmmmmm...coffee:9 I soooo need it when i wake up in the morning! LOL

Yesterdays workout was another 9 mile run and todays will be weights and some form of cardio. Its a lot easier to get the weight work in when i don't run outside cause DS naps in his crib.:) Im not running today b/c my knee started feeling a little "funny" yesterday. It didn't hurt though,so I know when I have to rest it and todays the day!

Sunny** Ha, go ahead and cheat, thats all I have been doing all week;-)

Lora** Good job with the workout!

Wendy** That was so nice of you yesterday, to work when you didn't want to! I would have done the samething! Enjoy your workout today:)

My troat is still sore but I don't know whats gonna come of itx(
I will BBL to report my workout!

Lori:)

well i bailed on the run after the class. we did alot of sprints during the class so i was really wiped out. that is the best class ever!!! i have not taken a class or done a dvd that compares with that class.

wendy- no alwyn tomorrow. however we have a standing date on sunday;-) . enjoy IC#2!!!

lori- i too have been battling a sore throat for the past few days. no other symptons than the throat. not sure what's up with that. hope you feel better:)

ETA: with all the raving going on i just purchaesed 3 cardio coach workouts. took advantage of the buy 2 get 1 free. i got vol, 7, 8 and revised vol 2!

Yes, Happy Friday !

(or Feliz Viernes ! Always the first thing out of my mouth when I answer the phone on Fridays at work:7 )

Sunny - was the workout kinda Boot Camp like? That is what the sprints reminded me of.

Lora - cardio + weights is one of my favorite ways to workout. When not doing just cardio, calorie burns are less than cardio only, but afterward it feels so good. And look at it this way, if the calorie burn is close, that's a whole meal you just burned off! :9

Wendy - Sound like a good workout you have planned. I was in bed early last night so actually had time to come checkin before my workout and work. Hope all goes well with your KB today.

Lori - Another with a scratchy throat, but for me it is allergies. We've had loads of wind lately that is throwing those lovely pollens around and my nose has been absolutely dripping (TMI, but both inside and outside:p ) Always causes a scratchy throat for me, even if I take my OTC allergy meds. Don't mind the runny nose though cuz it keeps me from sinus pressure which gives me migraine like symptoms. Glad to hear the rain stayed away long enough for your run yesterday. Enjoy a "runless" day and your weights.

Yesterday ended up being a 30 min steady state run (nearly 3 miles) and a planned cardio that never took place x( . Was tired from the allergy pills and just bummed around after work. Did get my TJ's though ! Bands look nice - can't wait to pop in one of the DVD's. Probably tomorrow. Today is a weight workout of some sort - still on the fence about a rotation since it is end of the week. May continue on with the Bootcamp from Aug 06 since I bummed around yesterday.

BBL to see what everyone is doing on their Happy Friday.

Good morning ladies!!

TGIF!! I'm so freakin' exhausted today due to lack of sleep. I didn't go to bed until almost one o'clock, then I was up at 4:30 to fit my workout in. That's ridiculous. I'm so looking forward to sleeping in tomorrow.

I did heavy weights, circuits, and HIIT this morning, 50 minutes worth. It was a good workout, but not necessarily my best performance. (See lack of sleep above ;-) )

So unfortunately, my plans for tonight were to see Sex and the City with my girlfriend, but she's a bartender and won't be out of work until about 7 or later. The only movie times tonight are 6:30, 7:00, and 9:50. Sorry, there's no way I'll make it to a 9:50 movie tonight!! That's crazy fo this here 36 year old old lady :+

Sunny, don't worry, we won't tell Alwyn. ;-)

Lora, ITA with Wendy on the HRM and the head games that it creates. I won't use mine anymore because it just seemed to take any fun out of the workout for me. Maybe you should try Wendy's suggestion to see if that makes any difference.

Wendy, sooooo....how'd the kettlebells treat you today?

Lori, your mileage amazes me. You're an Iron Girl! Have you ever run that race? I did a five-miler in Boston last year and it was so much fun!

Jacque, have fun with whatever workout you choose!

And healthy vibes being sent to all of you who are feeling a little icky with your sore throats and allergies.

BBL~

Jen

Hi Friends :)

I did stage 3A NROL4W today including the Body Weight Matrix times 2 as prescribed. Yikes! I followed up with 30 minutes steady state on the elliptical and kept my HR in the 170s.

I'm willing to be most of the sore throats are allergy related. I manage mine with OTC clariton one a day every day.

Lora- you may not have an enormous calorie burn during the workout but remember you will continue to burn calories at a higher rate for hours afterwards.

Sunny- glad your class was so intense!

Jen- get your sleep! I would not be goo at a late movie either.

[font color=lime green][font size +3]Judy "Likes2bfit"

http://www.picturetrail.com/jafitmama

Back for a quickie to report I ended up doing LowMax which was on schedule for the rotation. Maybe not weight work with weights, but my body weight worked just fine for all those step ups and squats!:eek:

Getting up the stairs at work today has my leggies talkin' to me quite a bit already.

Jen - sounds like a good workout even if it was "full strength". I was just the opposite, tired yesterday so to bed early - up early and am sure I'll be sleeping early just like you tonight. Thanks for the "feel better" vibes.;-)

Judy - You're kinda scarin' me with the third stage here - I will be starting 2 soon.;( And wow, HR @ 170 - when I tried your 8 mph on the TM that one (yes only one) time I was over 165 and could barely breathe after a minute ! Holy cow you are fit as a fiddle !:)

Well, back to work ! TTFN and let me just say once more TGIF !:+

Hi Girls!

I just finished my workout. I did the GS UB's and BM1 1 seg. That was enough for me. I have a few things I need to do before I go to work tonight. But the things I need to do will involving walking and pushing a stroller...so there is more cardio to come yet:)
Sounds like everyone is having a good day! I will try to come back later for personnals, probably when I get to work.

Lori:)

Hi all.

I just finished Iron Core Way Vol 2. I actually liked 1 better! The exercises in 2 may have been more advanced but the way they put the exercises together in the final circuit of 1 definately worked me harder. Turkish get ups confuse the heck outta me but I was able to do the Get Up Sit Up which is basically HALF of a TGU so go figure! LOL I also have to start wearing lifting gloves with these work outs as I am getting blisters from the KB. I tried to use gloves the first time and they seemed to get in the way but I will have to try again or I'm going to rip my hands up. :-(

BBL for personals!

Hi All ~

I did mixed intervals (hills alternating with sprints on the treadmill) today and yesterday was FL1A. I am doing NROL (the original version).

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.