Alywyn, TT, Kettlebellers, thursday 5/22

Hi Sunny and all who follow.

Today is HIIT on the EXT at the gym. I'll need to work EXTRA hard to work off last night's Cracker Barrel dinner. ;)

I did really well at dinner last night considering the circumstances but it was far from perfect. They brought out wonderful looking biscuits and muffins before the meal. I did not even TASTE one That was EXTREMELY difficult for me to do. I ordered catfish, greenbeans and corn for dinner. Sounds great right? Well, it would have been except for the fact that the entire meal was SWIMMING in butter!:eek: OMG it was FANTASTIC but hello fat! LOL :p

That's all for now....BBL!

Hi :)

Today is between NROL4W workouts. I did intervals y'day and have run for the last 3 days. Today is a good day for yoga :)

eats y'day: cal~ 1695 C/P/F~ 43.4/33.5/23.1

That is about as close as I can get to 40/30/30. And I had no grains. But I will not eliminate grains everyday. They have some good benefits. Being vegetarian it is tricky to get close to this ratio . Friday and Saturday will be my 'bigger' calorie days. On Sunday and Monday (Memorial weekend) I will have to rein it back in again.

Wendy~ how was the Cracker Barel B'day celebration?

Christine~ any DOMS? I have a few today :)

[font color=lime green][font size +3]Judy "Likes2bfit"

http://www.picturetrail.com/jafitmama

Good Morning Gals!:)

Sorry I was MIA yesterday. I worked night shifts and by the time I did everything I had to do, this thread was waaaay to long for me to read;) And there are some days when DS just won't let me check in. As soon as I sit to the computer he starts to cry;(

Yesterdays workout was yoga and a run. I made it through 40 mins of the yoga, which I thought was pretty good cause I don't do yoga. For one thing I get B-O-R-E-D and b/c I don't do it, some of those moves were getting pretty hard! I thought 40 mins was sufficent though? And hearing all the talk about HITT runs, I wanted to do one. I did my own of course but I did do 6 miles in 51:41 sec. Thats my fastest time ever. In the beginning I went back and forth every 5 mins from 6.0 mph and up but as the run continued I didn't go below 7.0 and was running the last 10 mins @ 8.0, 9.0 and 10. It was a good run and I think I will do it more often. I cerntainly had a runners high when I was finished and could have ran longer but had to many things to do.

I was talking to my friend yesterday who owns the P90X series. She just received her set and is still reading up on it. She informed me that my calories should be around 1500, so I am going to keep that as my goal for the next 12 weeks or so.

Todays workout is Kenpox but I am kind of leary b/c Ive heard its not that hard? I may try it anyway, or a Cathe workout. Regardles, if it clears up, DS and I will be going for a run outside as well.

Wendy** You work off those cals today!!! LOL Its so hard when you are trying to follow something and you have social gatherings? Kind of makes you wish you could crawl under a rock for 12 weeks:p

Sunny** Enjoy your day!

Hello to everyone else who follows!
I will be around for a little while!
Lori:)

Lorie: LOL about crawling under a rock for 12 weeks! You aren't kidding! I had initially turned down the Cracker Barrel invite but when I was told it was for a B'day I felt bad and accepted it. Good job on your run. You have some sick endurance girl but how long have you been running? If it's been a while, that might help!:p

Judy: Read my post above where I gave a short synopsis of my CB experience. ;) Enjoy yoga today. Sounds like a good plan. Speaking of reigning it back, that's what I'll be doing today as well! I am going to a bbq on Sunday so that will be a cheat day. I will think of the cheats as rewards for being good the rest of the time!:9

Morning Ladies-

This morning I did Turbo Jam Cardio Party Live & Kick Punch and Jam. I did the turbo's twice through on each. Workout was 60" and I burned 589 calories.

I also did Dharma Yoga for Stress Relief.

I work 11-7 pm today.....so I've got some things I have to take care of this morning. Leaving for Vegas bright and early in the AM.

Have great workouts everyone.

I'll be back from Vegas on the 28th and start my "official" WSFL program.

Morning!

Quick check in before my workout. Today is day 5 of the TT Big 5 Circuit. I'm supposed to do a bodyweight or barbell circuit but I am going to do AOS with Beth Chamberlain. It also calls for cardio that you can sustain at a moderately hard pace for 20 minutes,pushing yourself farther and farther each workout. That one is in the bag. ;) I'll be back with personals. Have a great day everyone!

A friend in fitness,
Shirl

Lora,

Have a blast in Vegas! You deserve it! I love the TJ work outs. So much fun! Hope you have a good day at work.

Shirl,

I just purchased my first kettlebell and have only done the starter work out that comes with it once so far. Perhaps I will find a way to work 1 KB w/o a week into the AB program so that I can utilize it more! I don't know if I can allow a new toy to just sit and collect dust!:7 Good job on the cardio work out!

Wendy** Well,I hate to be anti social but thats what I feel like doing someimes. As soon as I decided to start P90X my MIL invites us to her house for turkey dinnerx( Its not be bad I guess if I stay away from the dressing and the gravy but what are the chances of that happening? And tonight a friend invited me to her house to watch Greys. Thankfully she isn't one of those friends who as piles of food around.On the other hand,I have to work in the morning so if Greys is 2 hours long, Im not going!
I have been running for about 9 yrs I guess.I use to run off and on before that but it was never a daily thing.

Judy** Enjoy your yoga today!

Lora** How do you like Turbo jam? It looks fun! Have you seen any results like the people on t.v? They always make me want to buy stuff!

Just checked my rotation and todays workout is actually legs and back, not kenpox......now I have to rearrange my schedule a bit!

Lori

:)

Wendy, it sounds like you made really good choices last night. How were you to know that it would be drownng in butter? Just consider it one cheat meal and forget about it. Have a great workout!

Lori, WOW! What a workout. Great job!

Judy, sounds like you nailed the workout and the eats yesterday. Good job!

Lora, have fun in Vegas! I'm jealous. It's gray and cold here today. I wish I was heading to sunny Vegas myself.

Shirl, Have a great workout!

Well, I'm feeling MUCH better today. I think I'm past that carb withdrawal fog. My energy is back. Today was a cardio day, 40 minutes, 20 of that steady state, the other 20 a combo of warm up and intervals and cool down. Diet was perfect again yesterday. Today started off with a shake for breakfast, with no solid food until lunch. I'm not crazy about that, but I'll keep myself busy at work to distract myself. :)

Hope everyone has a great day!

Jen

Good Morning All!

Today is a much needed rest day! :p YAY!!! I am feeling yesterday in my hams, glutes and abs. Loving it! I was over on WW. I did great until dinner where I went back for seconds. X( Oh well, I’ll start again today.

Sunny – so what is AB2? Have fun with your HIIT!

Wendy – enjoy your HIIT! You did great with your dinner, actually.

Lori – KenpoX is as tough as you make it. If you use some weighted gloves and really go for it, you’ll get in a great workout.

Judy – Great job yesterday, especially with the vegetarian diet. I don’t blame you for not eliminating grains – they do have a lot of benefits.

Lora – hope the new job is going well. Have fun in Vegas!!!

Shirl – I’ll probably sub Providence next week (same workout), but I want to do the rotation as written one week. :p I’m missing my bells, though. I was actually thinking Firepower might be more in line as it’s a 25 minute workout, one time through, and hits all the major muscle groups. :p

Jen – glad you are feeling better!! Good workout today!

wendy- i know you are gonna work that cracker barrel dinner off from last night. no worries... sure does sound yummy though.

lora- enjoy your vegas vacation!! do you plan on working out while on vacation?

shirl- i teach bootcamps (indoor and outdoors), metabolic effect, total body conditioning, butts and gutts and sports drills classes. enjoy your workout today!

christine- as of right now i can't remember all of the workout however when i get home i will post what i did. still enjoying those doms}(

judy- so are you going to add in any yoga today? i hate that the holiday is on a monday. we are having a big bbq and i know i am going to splurge. it is hard for me to reign it back in when i start the week off splurging...

lori- good to see you again. IA- it seems like whenever you try to get really serious about eating right there is always some holiday, bday or something to come along. it's hard being around all of that yummy food and not having any.

jacque- enjoy your HIIT workout today!

i just got jillian's 30 day shred in the mail a couple of days ago so i am going to have to sneak that in somewhere this week!!

Jacque - no such thing as a Cheetah Wannabe - come join us at the Cheetah Check in - we have all sorts - the ones who run fast, the ones who run slow, the ones who run occasionally, and our very own Super Cheetah who can just RUN! We're a fun group.

Sunny - Thanks in advance for posting when you get home! I'm always enjoying DOMS! Thanks for Sunny-izing me!

Workout was good. I really love the way I feel after a kettlebell workout.

Lora, How do you like your new job so far? Have fun in Vegas!

Wendy, I couldn't wait to try my new DVD; it was calling my name.;)
I'm sure you'll work off your CB dinner.

Sunny, I want to take your classes. Have you ever taken a met. effect training? I'd love to, but there hasn't been any offered remotely close to where I live. I got Shred a couple days ago too. I'm trying to figure out where I can fit it in.

Christine, You are tall! Great job with the pistol squats. My glutes are still sore. I couldn't wait to try out my new dvd. I don't have FirePower, but I really want it. Enjoy your light day today.

Jacque, How'd HIIT go?

Jen, Yeah for no carb withdrawal fog. Kudos again for diet control and great workout.

Lori, Turbo Jam is fun but with anything the results are a combo of diet and exercise. I think TJ would be light for you. You'd have to do extra like Lora but it is really fun. Live classes are typically more challenging.

Judy, How was yoga?

Have a great day everyone! :)

A friend in fitness,
Shirl

Hey there Sunny – good morning – please do share your opinion of Jillian’s Shred, I am wondering as there have been various opinions on that one.

Wendy – LOL at your dinner last night. I have learned that steamed veggies and fish come with loads of butter sometimes and it actually upsets my stomach these days so I ask for them plain. Sounds like it was a good night and just think of the good nutrients that were in between the butter ! Have fun with the extra sweat today.

Lori – I know just whatcha mean about the long threads so you actually motivated me to get started earlier, LOL ! Great run today – I will never be able to keep up with you but you truly motivated me when we were checking in on the Challengers thread and I really love the HIIT TM runs now.

Judy – are you taking a week in between Stages? The yoga sounds like a good idea, I haven’t done that for quite a while, hmmmmm.

Lora – sounds like you TJ’d quite a bit – great calorie burn for an hour ! Say hi to my DS while you’re in Vegas this weekend, ha ha. He’s going for a Bday party for some twin friends of his. First time for him, have you been? DH and I went end of last year and I can’t believe how much it has changed since I went some 15 years ago. Have fun !

Shirl – top o the morning to you. Hope you have a fun workout !

Jen – you sure had a good WO today ! Super great job on the food end – I am so struggling trying to figure that part out, ugh ! My willpower has taken a dive the last 6 months and am slowly getting there . . . Course DS bought DH a BIG DARK CHOCOLATE CAKE that is still staring at me from the fridge ! Can’t wait for that to be done and gone.

Christine – have a nice relaxing rest day and good luck with the foods today. I’m withya – went to suishi last night, he he he. Course DH had to order the big special roll that was deep fried ! He is such a problem sometimes ! Thanks for the invite to the Cheetah board – I am slowly working on my running and have lurked over there to see what you ladies are up to here and there. I am working on getting to the boards on a more consistent basis and I just may get there this time around.

:p

christine- you are so very welcome!

shirl- yes, i am metabolic effect certified. i teach the indoor and outdoor classes. they are my favorite classes to take and to teach!

i forgot to tell everyone earlier I got on the scale this morning and lost a LB since monday!!! so far since i began (beginning of this month) i have lost 3lbs!! now i am not really trying to loose weight just BF%. i am so encouraged to check my bf at the end of this month. i know it's going to be positive!! my pants today are practically falling off, wooohoooo:7 :7 :7

Hi Ladies.

Here's my HIIT on the EXT that I did today:

W/U: 5 mins starting at resistance level 1 and going up one level and slightly increasing speed every minute.

High Interval #1 (1 min): resistance level 10 going as fast as I could.
Low Interval #1 (2 min): resistance level 5 at moderate pace.

High Interval #2 (1 min): resistance level 12 going as fast as I could.
Low Interval #2 (2 min): resistance level 5 at moderate pace.

High Interval #3 (1 min): resistance level 14 going as fast as I could.
Low Interval #3 (2 min): resistance level 5 at moderate pace.

C/D: 5 mins starting at resistance level 5. Lowering resistance 1 level and decreasing speed every minute.

It was a good work out that left my quads and glutes standing at attention for sure! I had not used the EXT in ages prior to this so this was a trial run of sorts for me which is why I kept raising the bar on the high intensity intervals. I now know that I can handle more so next time I will start off on a higher restance level and go from there. We'll see how high I can get before my speed slows down too much. }( My goal is to use the EXT for HIIT once a week right now.

I'll be back in a bit to get caught up on personals.:)

Hi Girls!
Just checking in real quick! DS is gone for a nap and I haven't decided yet but I feel like having a small nap before my workout;) He usually naps for 2 hours so I should be able to pull it off.
We went for a run earlier, it ended up being little over an hour. Im a little lazy and moody! WTH is wrong with me? I think everything comes at me to fast. DS didn't want to come inside,then he starts crying,then DD needs her lunch, then i have to call DH back, DS is still crying, DD asks for a glass while I am trying to put a stiff child who is crying in his highchair, meanwhile, she just sits down herself and at 12 I think I was getting my own glass when I was thristy! Dryer is beeping, telling me clothes is dry, and in the meantime I need to get a shower and my own lunch. No wonder I am so crusty!

K...i will be back later for personnals and to tell you what my thoughts are on legs and back. I also bought a chin up bar!

Lori:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.