Alywnn, TT, Kettlebellers &Tony- MOnday

sunnydelite

Cathlete
Hello ladies,

after some thought and reading your wonderful advice i am going to put AB on hold for a little bit and work out with my dh! i am excited as he put together a very well thought out plan that takes my goals into account and something we could both do together. we'll be doing a 4 day split where one day i have a full body workout and i can choose kettlebells, tt, AB...etc.

jen- i am following the AB food macros (as close as i can, sometimes it's hard with little kids) and i am seeing results. i believe this training jacks up your metabolism so much even my cheats are being forgiven:)

wendy- good for you!!

today's workout is a 30 min itread this morning (by myself, dh doesn't run) and later we are working chest and triceps.

ttyl....:)

Morning Ladies -

This morning I did WSFL Strength Circuit C and Metabolic Circuits C & D. This was Deadlift, Step Up, KB Swing Hell Day. I hate this workout...as I have a bad back and tons of deadlifts bother me. Intervals were the 30/90 round of 6. I used the Rebounder as usual and jogged around the house. I added Denise Austin 10" stretch to the end. Workout was 68" and I burned 496 calories.

Sunny - My DH would NEVER want me working out with him. That's nice that you can work out together.

I need motivation to push thru these next 2 weeks. I'm getting bored and this is tough on my shoulder/neck injury and lower back with my injury. I'm also not seeing any results on the scale.....but as you all know, my diet hasn't been the greatest lately.

Anyone else order these www.Dovebodies.com workouts? I saw these on Videofitness. I emailed Dove and she says they are advanced and tough....so I ordered them.

Have a great Monday everyone.

Good Morning Ladies!

I'm taking a rest day today...got to sleep in an extra hour :D

Wendy ~ I ordered KB Your Way yesterday....enabler ;)

Lora ~ Take it easy with your tender shoulders/neck.

Sunny ~ Enjoy your workouts!

Good Morning:)

O.k...I think I am ready to start week 5 of P90X. DH doesn't beleive that 4 weeks have passed already! But they have....see, he is quite the slacker:) Im hoping I will like the next round of workouts more then I did the other ones. Actually, it wasn't all of them, just chest and back. Im also going to keep my eating in check. It hasn't been the best lately and the scale is showing it:-( Im not up to much but getting further from my goal weight. My next outting is 2 weeks away. Its a girls trip into the city for a stagette party...its gonna be fun,with lots of cheats so I want to be a good girl until that time comes.

Sunny** I can't imagine DH comming up with a program that took my goals into consideration.He doesn't even know what my goals are! LOL I was nagging him yesterday b/c he said he "promised" that he would start working out with me and he still hasn't done that. And of course he said that today was the first workout (again)!

Lora** It sucks when you have to do workouts you dont like, never mind when they cause you discomfort!:eek: I could never stick to a rotation b/c there were always workouts threw in there that I didn't care to do. I hope you can make it through the next 2 weeks! I will keep my fingers crossed.

Tammy** Enjoy your rest day.

My workout today will be whatever I am suppose to do...plus some abs work and cardio. Its been raining here forever and I haven't been out for a run since last TUESDAY!

Lori:)

Good Morning. :)

So since I rested y'day I have one more AB weight work out I am supposed to do to "officially" finish off stage 1 of the program. I am thinking I will just nixx it and do something else as it's not going to make a difference. I want a full 6 days "recovery" plus Sunday as my rest day before beginning stage 2 so I'll make the sacrafice with the final weight work out. :p

That being said, I will still be lifting today just not sure what I will do. I was hoping my new SWAT work outs would come today but I am thinking they will be here tomorrow instead. I can see that it is going to take me AAAALLLL morning to figure out what I want to do work out wise!:7 :p :7 I did recently bookmark a couple of websites with what seemed like cool free work outs. Since I have been working out from a book anyway, perhaps I'll print one of them out and give it a go! Decisions decisions!}(

BBIAB with personals!

Good morning all!!

I have to be super quick right now because I have a lot going on at work, but I had to report that I did my first weight workout of Afterburn this morning, and all I have to say is YOWZA! If I don't get visible results with this program, I will throw in the towel for good.

It took me a full hour, and that didn't include HIIT. Is that normal?

I'll BBS for personals ~

Jen

Good Morning.

Jen: Yes, the AB program took me a few rounds to get "efficient" with the weight work outs. Doing 3 sets takes a while. This is part of the reason I chose to do my HIIT on separate days and if I wanted more cardio then just that, I would add some steady state on after the HIIT since it's only 20 minutes.

I just figured out what I will do today. I got this work out from a site online. Should be fun!}(

Part 1: 1 mile run at warm up pace. (I don't have a TM at home nor can I go outside so I will do 15 minutes of some sort of moderate steady state cardio as a substitute for this.)

Part 2: Repeat 3 times (move from exercise to exercise):

5 regular pull ups
20 push ups
30 crunches
5 wide pull ups
10 dips
20 (4 count) flutterkicks
5 reverse grip pullups
10 diamond push ups
5 dive bombers
max pullups any grip
max push ups 30 seconds
10 supermans
rest 90 seconds

I don't know if I can do this sequence 3x in a row considering you only get to rest after you complete a round but I will do what I can!

Part 3: 2 mile run at training pace. (I will do 20 mins of steady state cardio here that is more intense then warm up)

I am going to DIE today!!!!!}( }( }(

BBL!:)

Oh My Goodness Wendy! I cannot do 5 pull ups let alone 5 regular, 5 wide, 5 reverse, then more pull ups! then repeat 3 times???? Do you have a pull up bar at home?

Sunny- I think you have the art of marital compromise worked out fine :)

Lora- I hope you are being careful with the pain. I am sending you good vibes on the no sweets at work today. I had a bit of dessert from the table on Friday night and one brownie at a grad party on Saturday night. But yesterday I refused dessert at our Father's Day BBQ.

Tammy- enjoy that rest day. The KB workouts are interesting. It is only a matter of time before I cave in.

Today is a 5 mile hilly run done already and NROL4W 3A to be done shortly. The last 10 days I worked out every other day and golfed the off days. There will not be much golf this week but NR workouts will probably be M W F.

[font color=lime green][font size +3]Judy "Likes2bfit"

http://www.picturetrail.com/jafitmama

lora- never heard of dove bodies, let me know when what you think when you get them.

tammy- excellent workout!

lori- my dh is also a certified personal trainer. so he's used to it. although he says i am his toughest client to work with, lol.

wendy- sounds like a toughie. maybe i will do that on saturday}(

jen- no, do not throw in the towel. you will find something that works for you. it takes me less than an hr to do AB, however i am used to working from paper and i set up all of my equipment before i start.

judy- when it comes to marital compromise i am a work in progress:p . nice workout today!

Good morning ladies !

Suhny - glad you made your decision to workout with DH - sounds like a great plan. Good to hear that AB made a difference in your metabolism so you can eat a little less strictly ! }(

Lora - YOU CAN DO IT ! Seems like two weeks will fly by these days with summer here. You are doing some great workouts, maybe you can switch one or two workouts to be similar to your plan but use one you like to do? Keep up the good work.

Tammy - have a nice rest day ! Great feeling to sleep in early sometimes, huh?:D

Lori - Have fun with your 90X (hoping it isn't chest and back !) And my DH won't workout period. He plays roller hockey one night per week and maybe, just maybe once per year will roller blade on the levy with me but he just cruises and it doesn't give me any kind of workout at all. Actually, we did blade around San Francisco last summer on our anniversary weekend. Guess he's still quite agile as he got stuck in between the cement pieces and took a tumble - couldn't believe it but he ended back up on his feet! I was afraid to open my eyes.x(

Wendy - I say go for not doing your last workout (Course that just makes me feel better since I didn't do the last PUB of my two weeks of Bootcamp rotation between stages of NROLW!}( ) You workout so hard anyway I really doubt it will make a difference. SWAT sounds like it could be more difficult than your last weight workout anyway !

Jen - sounds like another who likes AB so far, huh? I will definitely have to keep a close eye on your workouts. Though I'm wondering if I have the time to get it done these days. Glad you felt it - in a good way that is.

Judy - I'm with ya on the pullups. Will be interested in hearing how Wendy did. Great job on minimizing the sweets on such a busy weekend.

I am back on track today after taking the weekend off. Started Stage 2 NROLW. The Squat/Thrusts are kinda crazy for me. Feels kinda weird tossing the BB up in the air over my head. Not sure how great the form is and will have to concentrate on that. Rest of it was good - I actually made it 60 sec. with my planks. My back and core have been really weak lately so that will definitely help me. And I really enjoyed the core workout I got with the Chops (Can't remember what they were called, brain fart here and it's only Monday:eek: ). I don't have a cable pulley so used my new Beach Body 15# band.

Have a great day ladies !

Hi Girls.

I traded up the work out I posted above for another one off the same site. Here's the link so I don't have to write it all down :p

http://www.nqinutrition.com/docs/I_will_never_quit_workout_15.pdf

I didn't do the run/cardio in the beginning. I just did a 5 minute warm up and then got busy. I didn't have time, however to complete 2 full rounds so I did one full round plus a second set of 25 of each exercise. I also did a few things to make it more interesting/challenging for myself:

The squats are body squats which I assume means using body weight only but I used my kettlebell and did sumo squats.

For the push ups I did 25 standard, 20 wide fly, 15 tricep on knees, 10 divebombers and the final set of 25 was standard again.

For the crunches, I did them all on the bosu. The first 2 sets were standard while the 2nd 2 sets were alternating oblique. The final set of 25 was standard again.

For the pull ups I did reverse grip chin ups, then close grip overhand pull ups, then wide fly pull ups, neutral position pull ups (palms face eachother) and the final set was reverse grip again.

I feel very worked out but wish I had the time to complete the work out in full. I guess that just means that I will have to do it again one of these days! }(

Gotta grab a shower and some food. I hope to be back before bowling!

Boy Wendy ! You are sooooo full of energy.

Think I'll save that one to my files for the future. That one sounds like it would be good in between Alwyn or STS workouts.

Hope your bowling goes well tonight !

Well....I got thru work without eating any junk, however, there weren't any temptations either. The only problem I had was that my salad at lunch was smaller than usual and I was famished. Had to eat one of my Kashi granola flaxseed/almond bars mid afternoon. We'll see how I do when the stuff is sitting in front of me all day though!

Ahh, home from work and time on my hands to post!

Sunny, I'm hoping you're right that AB jacks up the metabolism. After this morning's workout, it's hard for me to believe that it doesn't. And honestly, I can't ever see myself throwing in the towel. I've been working out for too many years. There have been times I've gotten bored, but those days are over for now with Alwyn in my life. ;-)

Lora, I think it gets easier after the first two weeks. By the third week I was looking forward to my workouts because I had gotten more efficient at doing them. However, if you don't think your ever going to get into them, I'd say change things up a bit. There are so many free workouts online, as Wendy has demonstrated, that maybe a search will come up with something that fits into the plan but interests you more. Congrats on having no junk food!

Tammy, hope you enjoyed your rest day!

Lori, congrats on finishing four weeks! It really did fly, didn't it? Must be our supportive little group that's made it so fun! ;-)

Wendy, glad to hear you took a rest yesterday! I'll bet your body is thanking you. Awesome workout!! So are you happy with your results after completing the first stage of Afterburn? I'm looking forward to hearing what Stage 2 is like. I haven't looked ahead yet, because I know it's often true that ignorance is bliss. :+ I really enjoyed my first workout this morning. I think I'll be sticking with the WSFL way of cardio, which is basically Alwyn's HIIT as prescribed in Afterburn, plus 20 minutes of steady state after taking a five minute break.

Judy, you've been busy with the workouts and the golf! That combination is a very good routine. It sounds very well rounded. Did you catch Tiger's win today? LOVE watching that man golf.

Jacque, I think I'm going to love AB. I don't mind that the workout lasts an hour, it's just different than WSFL in the sense that in the 50ish minutes those workouts took, there were weights and cardio. This morning was strictly weights for 60 minutes. But I get the impression from Wendy and Sunny that I'll become more efficient and the workouts won't take as long. I'll keep you posted.

We're expecting some severe weather here tonight, so I'm looking forward to an evening of relaxation (after I get the housework done x( )

TTYL~

Jen

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.