Alywn,TT,Kettlebellers,P90X..etc..Wed

gidget1978

Cathlete
Good Morning!:)

Just a quick check in before I start my workout, that I am still deciding on!x( I know I am going to start with MM, probably just UB while I am still drinking my coffee. Normally I would try to get a good run in but I had shin splits during yesterdays run and my legs are really tight right now! Ugh...I dont like doing step this early b/c Im afraid I will trip up:)

I also ordered the dress yesterday. Just the dress was $103, thats not bad. But I also ordered a couple of dressings from Fredericks of Hollywood. After talking to my sister I find out that the clothes there isn't real good quality. I guess I can always send it back if its no good!

O.k...off to get my workout started! Today is also DH's 33rd bday. Im not sure what the plan is tonight but I have a feeling it will involve some form of takeout and the mocha cheesecake I made for him:9

Lori:)

Good morning all,

lori- glad you bought the dress. hopefully you will love it when it arrives and won't have to send it back.

tammie- enjoy your IM#2 blasts!!

wendy- i think you and i are twins:D. i had some time in between clients at the gym so i went for a run (couldn't just sit there, could i;-) ) anyway when i got home i just couldn't force myself to do my weight work. i am lovin' it an all but i had some DOMS and just couldn't get into it so i didn't. however this morning i am up and ready to tackle whatever alwyn throws at me, lol. so are you now an official KB convert....lol

judy- imax2 blasts on the BOSU...woooweeeee!!

christine- yay on the pull up bar! so you are going to do a HM and century ride?!! i am definitely going to send a donation via your link:)

jen- i don't see anything wrong with changing things up esp if you are loosing your motivation and drive. most of the time that seems to be just the ticket we need to keep us going. i believe alot of us around here have exercise ADD, lol.

jacque- so did you hit the spa yesterday? lucky lady!! i hope your foul mood has cleared.

shirl- not sure when i get to take ME class again as i am starting my own outdoor bootclasses next week and they are the same time (early am) as the ME class. they do offer them later in the day however it's been waaaaaaaaaaaaay too hot here to do the outdoor class. glad to hear you enjoyed SZ. i am going to give it a whirl today. i previewed it and it looks good.

today's workout is my AB weights (supposed to do yesterday but didn't) and i am hoping to get in SZ and give it a try.

ttyl....:)

Morning Ladies -

This morning was day 10 of WSFL - Strength Circuit A and Circuits C & D (leg day....ouch...my stiff legs). Then I did the 30/90 intervals 6 rounds....used my Rebounder for the intervals ...fast running and jogged around the house for the rest periods. I cut my rests down to 60 sec instead of 90. Got my HR up to 162 on one interval. That's difficult for me to do with these shorter intervals. I added on Amy Bento's Hi Lo Dome stretch. Workout was 61" and I burned 492 calories.

Have great workouts everyone.

Just wanted to mention (yes...I'm bragging)....the Owner of the Car Dealership I work at asked me how old I was yesterday...cuz I said this one radio station "played oldies". When he found out I'm 48 on the verge of turning 49, he was surprised. Nothing like me sticking my foot in my mouth...as I said..."I'm probably your age" and he's only 39! Yikes. Hope I didn't offend him. Anyway, 5 minutes later he came out and said that he honestly thought I was only in my 30's......cuz I guess he saw that I was a bit "sensitive" about my age...if you will....or you can call it the midlife crisis I've been going thru lately! My job is going well and I still like it there.

Lori - good for you buying the dress.

I bought Seether tickets last night. July 15 in Youngstown!! YAY!!

Good Morning Ladies!:)

Aaaahhh...I got up this morning and opened all of the windows and turned on my ceiling fans. YAY! I can't promise this will be enough through out the day BUT it makes me happy for now. No matter what, it won't be as bad as it's been!

Today is HIIT. I don't feel like going to the gym (odd for me but oh well) so I will do it at home. Here's what I think I am going to do:

Plyo X: each move in the work out is 30 secs or a minute long so it will be easy to use them for my high intervals. I will set my gym boss for 2 minutes for the low end of the intervals. Just not sure what I'll do for that part of it. Any ideas? :)

Judy: So how did you do in y'day's golf match in that awful heat? :eek:

Jen: I never did respond to your post the other night about where you work out. That's cool. DH and I have talked about setting up a home gym in a garage in our next house if we have one. I don't think you are crazy at all!:7 Sorry about your skipped work out y'day. I hate when that happens. I don't really know what to tell you in regards to your losing interest in WSFL. I guess I would say to change it up and see what happens. If you aren't seeing results you can always change it up again! How many more weeks of WSFL do you have? It's gotta be almost over. Can't ya hang on a LITTLE BIT longer? ;)

Lori: Glad you ordered the dress. Let us know how it fits!

Shirl: I didn't like Tracey's cueing and it seemed like she was often times off beat. Lots of people liked it though.

Christine: I am thinking of doing a KB rotation once I'm done with AB and when I'm ready I will be asking for work out reccs so start thinking of a couple! ;) So glad you are enjoying your current rotation. What do you call it by the way? ;)

Jacque: How's the DOMS? }( Yes, you definately need to come here more often to keep yourself busy. ;)

Tammy: Kettlebell Your Way is awesome. Have you used kettlebells yet? I can't really compare it to anything. KB work is in a league of it own. }(

Sunny: LOL, yeah you sound like me!;) So where are you holding the BC classes?

Lora: Wow, nice compliment! :)

Alrighty, off to refill the coffee cup.

BBL.:D

Good Morning Ladies!

Jacques – my tire went flat AGAIN, so I ended up doing IMax 2 Blast only on the BOSU instead. I was bummed. Thanks again, Jacques for the donation. You rule!

Jen – oh hope you find your motivation! I hate it when mine hides on me. I have to switch up my workouts frequently to keep from getting bored, which is way I haven’t done a NROLW rotation – I can’t stick to something that long.

Lorie – Hopefully you’ll get pleasantly surprised with your order from Fredericks. Enjoy your workout! Happy Birthday to DH!

Tammy – I did the IM2 blasts only premix yesterday on my BOSU. Adds a whole new dimension! :p TT stands for Turbulence Training. It’s a similar style to Alwyn’s workouts.

Sunny – My “events” this year so far :)+) are July 13th – the 65 mile Live Strong Ride (the only one I need donations for), then July 28th is a 10k (the Wharf to Wharf – you run from Capitola to Santa Cruz – a fun run) then in October is the Rock N Roll Half which I haven’t signed up for yet, but I will. It’s the weekend before I leave for Chicago! :p Thanks for the offering of a donation! My Cheetah friend and my Alwyn/TT/KB/P90X friends have certainly come through! What generous people!

Lora – Great workout! Too cool about your boss and him thinking that you are in your 30’s. And I’m glad you like your job.

Wendy – Oh, workout recs for kbs is easy for me :p. I’m still trying to figure out how to fit everything in! :p ITA that kettebells are different than anything else out there.

Today is Kenpo X+ with weighted gloves. I’m running late, but I really don’t mind. I’ll get to work when I get there. (I’m in sales, so I do have some flexibility in that regard, especially as I usually hit my numbers). Have a good day all!

Good morning girls!

Wendy, YES, I can stick it out a little longer!! :p The two glasses of wine got to me a little last night. No...correct that...they kicked my arse! What a light weight these days. That lead to a bit of a diet binge, which lead to me getting down on myself, which lead to this feeling that I needed to start fresh with something new...silly.

Anyway, I woke up with a renewed attitude, and I did my WSFL weights, circuits, and intervals this morning. I actually had a damn good workout (likely due to the abundance of carbs I took in last night).

I'm actually in my last week of the program. I have to say, the first three weeks I was on spot with everything, and I didn't have huge weight loss on the scale which is rather disappointing. I did have some nice changes in my body though, so I know I got rid of some fat. I just wish the scale would reflect it a little more, but that's a head issue I need to work on. My thoughts this morning are that I'm probably going to tack on an extra week or two of WSFL and see what happens. Maybe the scale will be friendlier if I give it a little more time.

And then again, I might change my mind again by this afternoon! :+ :+

I'll BBL for more personals!

Jen

Hi all,

Just a quickie for now -

I broke out my new Turbo Jam DVD's last night. Did Learn & Burn and then the 20 min TJ. Very similar to Cathe's kickboxing but it was too much fun watching myself being a dork since Chalene adds the dancy moves ! All in all I was sweating and enjoyed all the ab work.

This AM was Imax2 and to make it a little more intense (just a little), I forwarded through all the grapevine cool downs and used the step as my recovery. Kept the ol' HR betweem 135 and 159 throughout the workout. Way to start the day with that type of adrenaline rush and I needed it ! Busy day for me - be back at lunch for personals.

Enjoy the day !

OMG!!! I just finished my work out. HOLY COW!

Okay so I started out doing what I had planned. I pulled out PlyoX. I did the warm up and did the first 2 intervals using plyo moves for 1 minute with a 2 minute recovery of slow side stepping over a 10" high step (like Nadia does in BBC butt and legs warm up). Well, it didn't work out too well. I didn't feel I was working hard enough on the high intervals. Plyo X kicks my butt but some how this didn't work out for me so I changed it up...

I took the low interval move over the 10" step and did it as fast as possible (with a little air under my feet) for a minute and then slowing it down (practically to a crawl!LOL) for 2 minutes.

THAT kicked my arse! Puke status alert for sure! I could barely keep up the pace for a minute!

Okay so perhaps the lower end DOMS I have played into it but I'll bet even on fresh legs and an un-sore butt, it would still be killer!}( :+ I did that 4 times so I did 18 minutes of intervals (including the plyo x ones) and then used the Plyo X cool down. After that I did the stretches from Awaken the Body. Needed it BAD!:)

BBIAB!

Great workouts everyone.

Just got home from work and need opinions. I came home to a call on my answering machine about a job interview for an Administrative Asst postion at a Drug Rehab place. I am so happy at my current job but the one bad thing (besides low pay) is I don't have health insurance and if something happens to my DH's job, I'd not have coverage and would need to find a job with coverage. Do I go for the interview ??? give up the environment I'm in and a job I can do! ........or just go for the interview to check it out. I'm so conflicted. Not sure what to do. I'm afraid to pray about it and put it in God's hands....as when I've done that before, I've felt like I've made some huge mistakes. Help!!

Lora, go for the interview with the intention of just checking it out. In other words, have NO expectations. Be very observant of the people you meet and the surroundings you'd be working in. Find out what they have to offer, and worry about it then. You may go and hear something that makes it an offer you can't refuse, or something that makes you run in the other direction. You may find that it's not the job for you and feel even better about where you are now. But at least you didn't let an opportunity just pass you by. And congrats on the compliment, by the way! I think your boss it right! You do NOT look like you're 48.

Wendy, I'm very interested in hearing a little more about the workout you did today. I have Plyo X and your description intrigues me, as I'm trying to find ideas for HIIT until my treadmill gets fixed. I'm just a little confused about the low interval you talk about. (I haven't looked at Plyo X in a looooong time.) What exactly was the low interval move and how did you do it on the step?

Jacque, I like your idea with the Imax, too. You girls rock! I thought I would be absolutely lost without my treadmill.

Christine, thanks for your encouragement. Our little group is doing wonders for my motivation, actually! :7 How was Kenpo X? I never could get into that one, but I bet the weighted gloves make a difference.

Sunny, I think it was you who told me to just buy Afterburn already because I knew I was going to do it eventually? You were right...I bought it today }( It is officially what I will do after I finish WSFL. Decision made!!

Tammy, how did IM2 go?

Lori, you're going to be smokin' in that dress! ;) Gotta love a good splurge!

Time for supper! Shrimp tonight :9

Have a great evening everyone ~

Jen

Jen,

Do you have Barry's Boot Camp? If you do, the move I did is from Nadia's warm up in Butt and Legs. Additionally, I only did 2 intervals with Plyo X as the high interval as it was not high enough. I then kept it all on the step with Nadia's move only I sped it up as fast as I could go for the high intervals and slowed it down ALOT for the low ones. My backside was sore to begin with but when I was done my legs were like lead! I could feel the tension in them as soon as I finished. I am in for some intense DOMS tomorrow I think! }(

If you don't have BBC then I will do my best to describe the move. Just let me know!:)

Lora,

I agree with Jen. It can't hurt to go on an interview. If you don't feel it's worth leaving your current job for then you don't have to take it. I think you will regret not atleast checking it out though!

Good Luck with it!

Ah, now it's clearer :7 Thanks, Wendy. I do have BBC, though I've never used them. (This is a good place for a rolling the eyes icon.) Well, that's not toally true...I've used the treadmill portion on two of the dvds. Now you've given me a reason to pull them out and check em' over. I like your creativity!

Thanks again,

Jen

Jen,

I was thinking...the HIIT move is also along the lines of what Cathe does in the first interval of IMAX 2. The movement she does forwards and backwards off the sides of the step. Not the one off the back end. That move is basically the same as Nadia's but Nadia does it off a much higher step, as did I. HTH!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.