Alywn, TT, kettlebellers- come check in! Tues 5/20

sunnydelite

Cathlete
Gooooood mornin' ladies,

today's workout is day 2 AB followed by HIIT on my bike!

kath- i truly believe since you are already eating clean you would be fine to stick to your current eating plan. the WSFL eating plan is lower cals and lower carbs. necessary if you are wanting to drop fat fast.

I will be back later to check in and do personals.

BBL....:)

Good Morning Folks. :)

Well I opted for a few strawberries and a small handful of cherries last night for my snack. Like I said, no deficit but atleast I was on the low end of the maintainence range and my ratios were pretty good. I'll take it. ;)

Today is HIIT for me too. I'll be heading to the gym intending to do it on the TM. This should be painful! }(

So I downloaded a bunch of 20 min ITreads last week thinking I would use them in conjunction with NROL4W. Do you think they'd be okay for AB as well? They don't fit into the HIIT category exactly but Grace changes things up alot to challenge you. If I wanted to use one say once a week (while the 20 min time frame works) to break up the monotony of the HIIT as prescribed do you think it would be okay or should I just stick with the program as much as possible? I won't be doing any long endurance stuff while on AB. I am going to try my hardest to avoid it since it's not a part of the program. I only plan to do AB for about 2 months. I can do ANYTHING for 2 months, right? ;)

Sunny, You know the fluffy feeling/extra weight I was dealing with is completely gone! I stopped the cr@ppy eating and in a matter of 3 days I was feeling like myself again. THANK GOODNESS! It must've just been bloat from eating too much cr@p. It's amazing what eating clean/healthy can do. So anyway my goal with AB is to lean out enough to see more definition in my abs and if my thighs thinned out a bit I wouldn't be heartbroken. LOL
My BF that I train has lost 40 pounds. She looks fantastic but still has a belly. She wants to work on that and keeps talking about concentrating on ab work to get rid of it. I keep trying to tell her it's in the diet but I don't think she wants to hear it! LOL I lost my pregnancy weight by eating relatively healthy and calorie staggering but I didn't really flatten my stomach and start seeing some definition until I started eating CLEAN! Her diet is tons better then it used to be but it's still filled with proccessed foods. One of these days I am going to have to break the bad news to her that she will have to improve her diet even further if she wants nice abs! LOL

Kath: I can't describe WSFL's diet to you but I think one of the gals that is doing it posted what she ate yesterday and she ate according to plan so you might want to check it out. If you want to consider AfterBurn which is also a fat burning program but not as strict/intense, I will gladly post the diet "rules" for you. Let me know. :)

Tammy: So great to see you here! So what prompted you to get an Alywyn program?

Judy: You did good with the eating y'day. What program/website do you use to track your cals and macros?

I'll be back later!:+

Hi Ladies -

This morning I sort of followed the cardio from WarpSpeed. I did the intervals at the beginning on the Elliptical - 4 rounds and then I did the 5 minutes at lower intensity and then I put my weighted vest on with 10 pounds and the TM on the 3rd incline and did faster and slower intervals followed by about 10 minutes of hitting and kicking the heavy bag. Tunes were Papa Roach Paramour Sessions. Workout was 54" and I burned 482 calories.

I start the job at Nissan this afternoon. I'm a nervous wreck about starting a new job. I have no idea what to expect and it's gonna be totally different than anything I've done. I've always worked in medical offices and hospitals. Hope I do okay and they end up keeping me. I lack confidence since I've had all the recent problems with jobs. Back to wearing freakin' dress clothes again with no money to buy any!! The job only pays close to minimum wage...but I'm grateful to have one with the way the economy is.

Have great workouts everyone. I won't be around till much later since I'll be working all afternoon.

WOW Lora, that was fast! Good luck with the new job! So since you are starting work so soon, will you still be goin on vacation?

Hi All!

Today’s workout is ASC2 Ultimate NRG premix. I’m supposed to do 30 minutes light cardio, but I’ll do this on a low step and not jump as high. Once you get this one down, it’s not too tough actually. My HR stay pretty low when I do it.

Sunny – thanks for starting this and cheering us on!

Tammy – what is WSFL cardio? I’m interested in hearing about all of these plans.

Judy – enjoy your run! Great job on the food!

Wendy – Have fun with the HIIT on the treadmill. Good job on shedding the “fluffy” feeling. That’s how I feel today, too. I plan to clean it WAY up today.

Lora – I’ll be thinking of you today at Nissan. I hope everything goes well! Great job on your workout!

Good Morning!

Today is day 3 of TT Big 5 Circuit and workout Interval B - I'll post my workout later. I need to tighten up my diet to see some results.

Sunny, I work at a small studio - teaching group fitness classes. I also work at a small corporate wellness program training members and teaching group fitness classes. I train people at their homes as well. I'm so happy you started this check in.

Lora, Good luck with your new job. I'm sure you'll do fine. Great w/o.

Wendy, ^5 for training your BF and helping her to lose 40#. Have fun with HIIT.

Judy, Great eats and I checked out your picture trail. You look FANTASTIC!

Tammy, Enjoy the cardio workout.

Christine, Have fun with ASC2 premix! I agree that it is not too tough and fits for light cardio. Enjoy!

Hello to everyone else. :)

BBL :)

A friend in fitness,
Shirl

Hey Shirl - you snuck in on me! You and I are doing the same workout. Let me know what you think of Interval B. I'm really feeling A in the back on my shoulders and my glutes and hams. I, too, need to tighten the ole diet.

Good morning, all!

Today's workout for day 2 of WSFL was 42 minutes of cardio, and I'm happy to report that it's complete. After doinig NROL4W for the past few months, I have to admit that the steady state in today's workout absolutely killed me. It was so tough. But I pushed through!

Diet yesterday was EXACTLY as written. NOT ONE CHEAT. I can't tell you what an accomplishment that is. There's a bag of Stacey's Simply Naked Baked Pita Chips in my drawer that taunted me all day! They've recently become an addiction for me. I resisted and I feel great. Today's diet looks a little easier to handle. It's like, real food. Not so much protein powder.

Wendy - I don't see why the iTreads wouldn't work. How many HIITs does AB prescribe per week? I know NROL4W said 2-3. I think if you get in 2 true HIIT and an iTread per week you're doing plenty.

Hi Judy, Tammy and Christine! Looks like we've got a cardio club goin' today!

Lora, Congrats on the new job. I second Wendy's comment: "Wow, that was fast!" Good luck.

Have a great day everyone ~

Jen

ETA: Good Mornin', Shirl!

Jen,

Good job on the cardio today and even better job on the eating y'day! I am sure it was no easy feat to follow that diet! I hope you can find comfort in today's less strict meal plan. I commend you whole-heartedly for even ATTEMPTING to stick with the meal plan as is. You are my hero. My weakness is food for sure!}(

AfterBurn calls for 3 twenty minute HIIT work outs per week in stage 1 which is why I thought the 20 min Itreads would work for a little change. I am going to do the true HIIT as he prescribes today though. I think you are right. One Itread per week to break up the monotony should be fine. I will also be rotating how I do the HIIT as he suggests that as well. My preference is running but I will take 1 work out per week and do something else...bike, elliptical, etc. I'm extremely excited about this program. I wish I could FF through this month to see where I am at already! LOL

Well, it's just about time to be leaving for the gym!

BBIAB!

Wendy, thanks for the kind words! But...it's only day two! You may not be saying the same at the end of the month. ;-)

However, I will say that the fact that the scale was down three pounds between Sunday and this morning is a HUGE motivator. Sure, I know it's water, but you know what? My pants were looser today, and that's fiiiiine with me! I'll take it. And it's enough to keep me on the diet for another day.

Have fun at the gym!

Jen

Good Morning:)

I am just getting up after working a night shift. It was a easy night, I can't complain. I just don't enjoy working nights or workng anymore;) But Im alooooooong way from retiring yet:)

Todays workout is P90X shoulders and arms,(I beleive) and ab ripper. Im also going to go for a 5 mile run when DS wakes from his nap.
Day #3 for me and #0 for DH. I am sooo ticked! I knew he wasn't going to do this! I even took his before and after pics...measurments...you name it! What a waste of time. Not only that, i still haven't had my before pics taken b/c he was "TO BUSY"! I come home from work today and he has ANOTHER protein shake mixed up, which only leaves one for me. We really like this protein powder and the girl who sold it to us is closing down her pilates studio for the summer and going away to teach, so she sold all of her products for a really low cost. DH called her to see if she had any protein powder left but she hasn't returned our phone call. There aren't to many places around here where we can buy powder, its probably going to have to be online now. I was just trying to give him the benefit and even after the first day of missing his workout I felt like saying " I told you so" Then today he was suppose to get up early and workout before work and that didn't get done either. But for some reason, he is still drinking the shakes like his muscle needs the protein!!!

Anyway...enough about that. I am going to reread the post and come back for personnals:)
Lori:)

Sunny** Enjoy your workout today. This is only Day #3 for me. I am liking it so far. I don't think Plyometrics is something I would want to do everyday. Its not that it was to hard (I think Cathe would prepare anyone for that) but some moves did get my thighs and hip area good. Im just not 100% sold on it yet. I think I am going to enjoy arms and shoulders though, I love working UB!

Judy** Good job on the eating yesterday!!! Thats half the battle!

Tammy** Good job on the workout!

Wendy** So what program are you following? And what eating program? I know you are use to eating alot so have you cut your cals or just ratios? Ive been trying to cut back on the carbs for the most part but its hard. Not b/c my body wants it, but the last 2 evenings we have eaten with my inlaws and that makes it tough so I have saved my carbs for dinner time. On days when we eat alone I think it would be wise to eat my carb midafternoon and then I won't get lazy or sluggish. What do you think? I know you never followed the eating part to a "T" but just wondering what your thoughts were.
Oh and I think you are right about Day#2 DOMS! My chest isn't as sore but my back is! Gotta love it! I have a feeling I am going to be very sore tomorrow though!

Lora** Good job with your workout and I hope your day goes smoothly for you!!! Nothing like a new job! Makes you feel like you are starting over or getting a head of the game!:) I think I could use a new job right now;)

Shirl** Diet really is where its at isn't it? Im surprised I don't look like a big tub of goo cause I should!:)

Christine** How have you been? Are you still following WW's? How much weight did you lose after? Have fun with your workout!

Jen** Good job with the 3 lbs!!! Gotta lose the water weight before the rest will come off! And your right, that is a great motivator.

So two things just happened. DH called and wanted to know if I drank the shake in the fridge b/c he left it for me:p LOL I didn't b/c he hads a cazillion cals to his drinks so he can have that one! LOL
Then he also said that our business partner came to work today and told DH that a few people have asked her if I would start a running club.I don't have the confidence for that, nor where I know where to start! I guess it would be another way to make money but I am not a teacher...I am a doer! LOL DH also thinks that I should teach step! Thats a laugh and a half. I asked him if he wanted me to steal all of cathes moves?:+

BBL to report my workout!

hey ladies,

wendy- IA with jen, i don't see any problem with doing the 20 min itreads that is what i do alot. the point of it is doing cardio after weights is the best for fat burning. so as long as you are doing something you will continue to see results! i looked at your racing pic yesterday and thought Fluff??? she is kidding...she is so teeny. you look great!

jen- good job with your eating yesterday!! today is another day and i am sure you will do great.

tammie- enjoy your cardio today. they were not playing when that put the cardio portion together.

lora- congrats on landing a new job so quickly. don't worry you are going to do awesome. probably alot more relaxed environment then what you are used to. when do you leave for vacation?

judy- good job staying on target with your eats yesterday!

shirl- how funny, i too am a corp wellness mgr for a small co. gym are we TWINS or what??!! lol

christine- so you got some good OL' DOMS eh, fantastic!! keep with it and i know you will reap the benefits.

lori- you would be great at heading up a running club. how awesome they asked you!!!

i can't wait to get home today to get my workout on, wooohooo!!:D

so i was thinking since we are all looking to loose fat and gain definition and have had some err ummm, issues with our eating as of lately. should we keep track of that on here also. so that we can keep each other accountable. if someone falls off the wagon than the rest of us will give you a swift kick in the pants??? what do you think?

Workout complete - performed as circuit 12,10,8 reps - 2,0,1 tempo except the rollouts 3,0,1 tempo. I need to work on single leg squats. I'd love to be able to do a pistol squat. I'm halfway there.

Workout B
1 leg Squat - BW
DB Chest Press on Ball - 30's
DB Row - 30's
DB Bulgarian Split Squat - 25's
Stability Ball Rollout

Interval B
Jumprope 60 seconds 8/10; 90 seconds recovery repeat 6 times. Plus warm-up & cooldown 5 minutes each. A well deserved stretch! :)

Jen, Congrats on not giving into temptation! Great job with the workout!

Lori, Too funny about the shake. What type of protein was it? Hopefully you'll hear back from her today. It sounds like your DH has alot of confidence in you. Maybe you should consider it.

Have a great day everyone!

Hi Sunny! :) That is too funny. I really love my job and the members. They are my second family. :)

Hi Tammy, How'd the cardio go today?

A friend in fitness,
Shirl

Sunny** I think thats a great idea. I haven't had any issues with my eating just yet and I may not b/c I don't get a free day;( Unlike when I "tried" to do the BFL program. I seen great results in the first couple of weeks but the chest day threw me for a loop and I couldn't get back into it. So its probably a good thing that I don't get a cheat day:) But thats not to say that if I crave a peice of choc I won't have it;)

Shirl** The shake was called protein whey. (aren't they all called that! LOL) But it was vanilla so we added whatever we wanted to it to liven it up. Today I added strawberries and yogurt to my measly 1/2 scoop DH left for me! BUT I did find a little baggie with 2 scoops in it that I took to work last week and didn't drink:) I may have to break down and see what walmart as. I guess if it is expensive there is a less chance of it being chaulky.

Ok...off to get my workout done!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.