Alwynn, TT, Kettlebellers- Wednesday check-in!

sunnydelite

Cathlete
Good morning ladies,

today is my AB cardio day!

yesterday my eats where on point.....until late last night for some reason i got the munchies and had some left over dip and chipsx( .
so i took care of that this morning, tossed the leftovers...hmmmp

wendy- i really think the iron cores are great for when you are first starting out. they will give you the confidence to move on to other KB workouts.

BBL...:)

Hi Sunny and all who follow.

I feel like I'm in a cult in this check in! LOL The Alwyn cult! :7
Okay so I'm a wierdo. Sue me! :p :7

Sunny: Thanks for your input. I picked up IC 1 and 2 at Target. I put them away until TKW came in. I will pull 'em out and start there on Friday. Cathy said she liked IC #2 much better then 1 so I will start with that. If I feel it's too difficult then I will try vol 1 the next time. Sorry about the weak moment with the chips and dip. Do an extra HIIT interval and that cr@p will burn right off! }( No worries, it happens to all of us!

So I have to work this morning which means no work out until this afternoon. It will be AB weights Day 1 today. I'm still feelin' some DOMS so this should be interesting!:D

Oh, I must tell y'all...I was flexing in the mirror just for fun last night. ;) :p So my left side is stronger and has always been more defined. My left bicep always popped alot more then my right when flexing. WELL LADIES...I am seeing definate improvement in definition already because I kid you not, my right bicep popped just like my left last night and I was sooo happy! :+ :+ :+

BBL!

Good Morning!:)

How is everyone? Well, this week with P90X is going to crap!!! Ugh! Thats it,can't wait for DH anymore. He thought that we were gonna workout last night at 10 o'clock. If I didn't wait for him I would have had it done earlier in the week. Im not going to worry about the cardios and the yoga workout, I just need to squeeze in the weight workouts this week....that shouldn't be a prob, considering that it is only Wed and there are only 3 weight workouts.
So yesterdays workout was BM2...all of it! I haven't done it in a couple of weeks and it was soooo nice to do!

Wendy** My goal weight is 120. I use to be 117 before christmas and shorly after christmas I was even 115.The smallest I remember being was 118 in grade 12. As of yesterday my weight was 124.6. Im not sure what it is today though:p I did good all day but ate a little to much for my dinner and was still full when I went to bed!

Sunny** I always want to pick in the night time! LOL And DH doesn't help. Thankfully I am not that into chips but love chocolate so its a real pain when he gets that stuff out. Good job on throwing it out!

Good Morning to everyone else~! I think everyone had a good day yesterday!

My mom came home yesterday (she went to her nephews wedding with her sisiters) and she did some shopping for me. Ugh...is all I can really say about that. God love her, she bought me atleast 4 pairs of capri pants and they all fit but I dont know what she was thinking (i guess she was shopping for herself) but they are alllllll so high waisted! They make my a$$ look about 3 fit high! LOL DH couldn't even look at me when I was trying them on. Then she pulls out this yellow top with beading on it. I didn't have the heart to tell her that I didn't like it b/c she kept saying how everyone (her sisters) when on and on about how beautiful it was and it was definitly something THEY would have wore...but not I! Anyway...I may do some online shopping today b/c I am tired of spending all of my money on kids and not on myself.

BBL!
Oh...I was hoping to get a run in today but it is raining. If not, I will be doing weights and a short run on the TM!

Lori:)

LOL the Alwyn cult! We are almost like groupies...

Wendy- congrats on your right bicep :)

Sunny- Yup, it can be a challenge to get back on track after a holiday weekend. I indulged in a chocolate chip cookie last night and 3 Hershey's' kisses. But my total calories were within in maintenance range. Oh well....

Today is NROL4W S2A and HIIT. I am leaving for Canada with DS on Thursday evening until Friday. I am not sure if the hotel has a workout room, so it is likely I will have forced rest. But I will just not take my weekend rest day. We just have to go with what life throws our way.

So food intake was better, but not perfect, as I mentioned above to Sunny. I was not in a deficit range, but I was in maintenance range, so It will take a bit longer. Putting those foods into Sparkpeople does make me feel accountable. It could have been worse :)

[font color=lime green][font size +3]Judy "Likes2bfit"

http://www.picturetrail.com/jafitmama

Hi Ladies -

Back from my trip. I go back to work tomorrow. This morning I didn't feel like starting my Warp Speed Fat Loss, as I need to get back into working out after my break. I did Jackie Warner's One on One Training and added a few minutes of Mindy's new Gliding workout. Actually, sort of cooled down and watched it cuz the segment I chose was all plyometrics and I wanted Gliding (should have previewed). Workout was 1 hour 20" and I burned 566 calories.

We did a TON of walking on our trip and my plantar fasciitis is flaring really badly. We stayed further away from the places we like to eat, thus walking was doubled this trip. That's not necessarily a bad thing ........cuz Lord knows I need to walk as much as eat on vacation!

I have a doctor appt later today and tomorrow it's back to work.

Have great workouts everyone. I'll need to catch up on things. I need your motivation two-fold! I really don't do well taking any time off of working out....as it's hard for me to get back into it!

wendy- "the alwyn cult", i love it!! IA w/ cathy i enjoyed IC#2 better than 1. however since they have differering exercises i would try them both so you will feel like you have a handle on the exercises when starting kettlebell way. Congrats on your right bicep!!

judy- yea, it's hard pulling back after a holiday binge. doesn't help next week is TTOM and i always have major cravings the week beforex(

lori- lol, at the high waisted pants. go on and spend some money on yourself. you absolutely deserve it. so dh is doing p90x with you?

lora- welcome back! so what do you think of jackie's workout? is it any good? do you watch the show? i love it!!

Judy: All things considered you did a great job with food. If I have treats and still fall into the maintainence category then I am happy. Besides, staggering cals is a good thing. :)

Lori: Sorry your DH is being such a pain in the butt. Definately don't wait for him. I do my work outs when I normally do them and then just bug DH to get his done when he gets home. He's actually being pretty good about it so far. He's got Shoulders and Arms on tap for tonight...says he wants to up the weights. He has to bowl tmrw...I hope he's not too sore!}(

Sunny: Thnx re IC. I will rotate the IC work outs until I am comfortable enough to throw TKBW into the mix. Can't wait for friday now! :)

Lora: Welcome home. Glad you enjoyed yourself. I don't blame you for needing a little time to re-adjust before jumping back into WSFL!

So I was originally scheduled to work the early shift on friday and DH and I are heading to A/C for the weekend that afternoon. I have to drop DS at my SIL's in north jersey before we leave. That being said, I was going to have to get up BEFORE the chickens in order to get my work out done and wasn't so sure I was gonna make it. Well, I lucked out. I made a call and was able to switch shifts with someone so now, although I still need to get my work out done before DS gets up that morning. I can start it 6:30-7am instead of 5am! I'm very happy about that. :7

Whoa, look at the time....gotta start getting ready for work...BBL!:)

Wendy- thanks re the food comment. IA
Lora- I am sorry about the PF issues. Are you stretching your calves & hamstrings? I have had PF a few times and besides rest, intensive and consistent stretching works wonders. Hold those stretches for 30 seconds and do them at least 3 times per day.

here is my interval TM workout from this morning, (following NROL4W stage 2A)
warm up 3 " @ 4.0 , 1" @ 6.0
#1 8.0 x 60 seconds, rec 60 seconds
#2 8.0 x 60 seconds, rec 60 seconds
#3 8.5 x 60 seconds, rec 60 seconds
#4 8.5 x 60 seconds, rec 60 seconds
#5 8.5 x 60 seconds, rec 60 seconds
#6 8.7 x 60 seconds, rec 90 seconds
#7 8.7 x 60 seconds, rec 90 seconds
#8 9.0 x 60 seconds, rec 90 seconds
#9 9.0 x 60 seconds, rec 90 seconds
#10 9.0 x 60 seconds, rec 2" @ 3.0 then 7" @ 6.0 steady state and stretch.
I am pumped that I made these intervals and no holding on to the TM!

[font color=lime green][font size +3]Judy "Likes2bfit"

http://www.picturetrail.com/jafitmama

Good morning, ladies!

I'm swamped at work today so it's a quick post. I'll catch up with everone later.

I did a WSFL strength workout this morning which was heavy sets of incline dumbell presses and three point DB rows. Then 2 ten minute circuits of as many sets of six as possible, one of push-ups with feet on the ball combined with prone jackknifes together with reverse lunges with a lat row, the other was squat and press combined with lat pulldowns. Then it was 15 minutes of HIIT. Glad it's done.

BBL ~

Jen

Sunny – hopefully a little dip & chip won’t hurt – especially if you did cardio today. Know whatcha mean about tossing the rest, did away with the last piece of chocolate cake from DH’s birthday !

Wendy – that’s a good one, the Alwyn cult, LOL! Congratulations on the bicep popping! It sure is great when you can not only feel the difference, but see it too.

Judy – at least you didn’t go over on the calories. One cookie and a few Hershey’s are easy to burn off ! Have a good workout and ITA that it doesn’t always work as planned, but usually easy enough to adjust when you are motivated. Sounds like you’ll be having fun in Canada. Whew what a HIIT – can’t wait to get to Stage 2.

Lori – Forget the DH and get started on your 90X. LOL on the clothing your mom bought. Too funny that all her friends like it. Reminds me of my DD who says stuff about my work attire – I remind her I am 50 and can’t wear high school type clothing to work ! Have fun shopping for YOU today.

Lora – Welcome back – good idea to get back into the swing of things before you start on your program. Hope work and doc appt go well for you and that your foot heals quickly !

Jen – am with you on a quickie but decided to get a little bit for a break while eating my eggies. Hope you get to take a breath soon.

Got my workout in and I was one farther than I thought. Back still a bit sore but actually did squats @ 70# and it worked OK. Just made sure to keep my posture correct so as not to strain it. Didn’t do all the Prone Jackknifes as they hurt a bit in the lower back for me anyway so did about half. Other than that, had a good workout and feel energized.

Eating this weekend was great and am down a couple lbs. finally ! Got to keep it up now – I don’t have a problem maintaining, it is just sticking to a very basic 1200 – 1300 calorie day that gets to me. Am upping the proteins a bit and that helps keep me more full.

Hope to get back later – have a great day all you Alwyn cult followers – and of course that includes 90X too Lori !
:7

Hey Gals!

Just a quick post:) Im waiting for DS to wake so we can go for a run outisde. I already have P90X chest and back done, then abs and I thought he was stirring so I gave up,when I went in his room...he is still sooooooound asleep:)

We went out earlier and I also squeezed in a little visit to the mall...to buy some more capris that weren't up to my boobies!:7 I bought 3 pairs and 1 top for $67, not bad! I still need some shirts though. I was also excited that my pants were sizes 3 and a 1:) I personnaly think that they are a big make though...Im not size 1 material:)
On top of that, my neighbour was looking for me. He wants to offer me a job, doing the same thing I am doing now, with his company...and more money:) I have to meet with him tomorrow though and get the low down, Im interested to know how much more money and what kind of hours we are looking at. I like the schedule where I work now but my boss seriously needs to give us a raise! Tight arse!

Wendy** sounds like you have everything figured out. I like getting up early to workout but that means I have to go to bed early and DH whines about that...wants me to sit on the couch and watch him eat chips, I guess. Hope you are having a good day at work!

Judy** Where are you going in Canada? Im assuming that it is no where near me.

Jacque** Good job on the weightloss! Ive moved on and did the workout alone, if I had to wait for DH I would turn into a big tub of goo!

Sunny** I did spend some money on myself and for a change I don't feel bad! LOL I just need some tops now, then i will be all set!

Jen** Good job with the workout! Hope work isn't to crazy for ya!

Hope I didn't miss anyone. I guess this wasn't a short post after all!
Lori:)

Hello Alwynites, P90Xers and TTers!:7

I just finished my work out. I have work out # 1 down to a nice neat little 1 hour package. That's what I did today. Work out # 2, however, is still taking a bit longer. Oh well! Perhaps I'll nail it next time. :)

Judy: Freaking AWESOME interval work there! WHOA! You can really move! I haven't gotten past 7.5 on the TM yet. I've tried but I feel out of control so it's not worth it. Maybe some day...*SIGH*

Jen: Your work out this morning sounded tough. Glad I'm not the one doing WSFL! :p

Jacque: Good job keeping the eats in check this weekend! A 70# squat is impressive! I haven't ventured that heavy yet but I just got a weighted vest so it's in my future!!!}(

Lori: Good job getting some shopping done for yourself. ITA about the sizing of today's clothing. This vanity sizing cr@p is out of control! I am wearing a 4 (and occasionally smaller) by today's standards and um okay but...NOT! I am not fat in any way and am in good shape and all of that but there is no freakin' way I am a TRUE size 4! Put me in a size 4 from 10 years ago and I will GUARANTEE you that it won't fit! :p :7 Oh well! *shrugs shoulders*

I hope everyone is having a good day. I'll pop back in later on. :)

Hi Everyone! :)

Finally; a brief moment to check in. My workout was TT Big Circuit B followed by Jillian's Shred stage 3 - I really liked it alot. My eating is a little off b/c I'm pms'ing. I'm trying not to eat the house. LOL My mother sent over homemade warm chocolate chip cookies - how nice. NOT! I didn't have any though. I told the kids to take them outside and share them with their friends. Someone is at the door. I'll try to check in later.

Great job everyone! I'm finding this checkin inspiring! Thanks! :):)

A friend in fitness,
Shirl

Shirl,

When I read about your mom sending over cookies it reminded me of the show "Everybody Loves Raymond" for some reason. Does your mom live close by? I know Marie was Ray's mom but I just pictured Marie coming to your house with cookies!:7 I have an Aunt who lives down in Florida. She is retired, works part time but has lots of time on her hands and loves to bake. She periodically mails muffins and brownies my way. I thank her graciously and then let DH and DS eat them. If I eat ONE it's a lot. Don't get me wrong, they are WONDERFUL but that is EXACTLY why I keep my distance from them. ;)

Sunny Delite - I've never seen Jackie's show. Jackie's workout was a lot like Jillian's 30-Day Shred. I'm not sure if I'll be sore or not tomorrow. You don't do reps, but you do an exercise for 1 minute. I've noticed a lot of workouts that do this lately. It has 20 min upper body, 20 min lower body and 20 min abs. I would have rather had longer upper and lower and shorter abs....but oh well. I think it was pretty good. Basic weights with a few innovative things thrown in. I think it's pretty tough. She always shows the most advanced variation to follow or the easiest....so it's as hard as you make it.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.