Alwyn, TT, Kettlebells, etc. for Saturday June 14

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Ladies -

Today was supposed to be my rest day....but because I've been bad, I did cardio keeping my HR in the 70-78% range. I did Prevention's Walk it Off and Biggest Loser Cardio. Workout was 57" and I burned 436 calories.

I also did Living Room Yoga - Lenghten and STrengthen...50" and finished it off with rolling out my upper back on my foam roller for a few minutes. These pushups and pullups are KILLING my upper back and injury. I'm almost ready to give up the program.....but I'll keep pushing, suck it up and suffer in pain. I get so mad that I have these neck/shoulder issues.

We're going to the Dollar Theatre today to see 88 Minutes. I also have to go over Mom's to make up sample perfume oil packs since I got my new Carnivale Diabolique bottles in.

Have a great Saturday everyone.

I posted last night with responses to all of the advice I got here re: the food situation at work. thanks again.

Hey Lora. We were posting at the same time so I'm moving mine over here!:)

Good Morning Girls.

I'm tired. I stayed up too late and had to get up early as I have a 5 mile race this morning. Then, this afternoon I am heading to BFF's to attend a party with her and another friend of ours. I'll need to try and catch a nap some where in the middle I think. For now, I'm just chuggin' the java!

Anway, I'm very excited about today's race because 2 people I know will be there with me! The wonderful Shelley from the Cheetah thread here and my running buddy who surprised me at the last minute by signing up for it y'day! I'm looking forward to before and after the race when the 3 of us can chit-chat.

My hamstrings are incredibly tight and sore. I worked 'em ALOT over the past several days...OUCHEES!

BBIAB!

Hello ladies,

Lora- i am sorry you are having such neck and shoulders issues. hopefully the ladies that bring in all of the goodies will stop bringing them in everyday.

wendy- have a great race today! how fun you will get to see shelly again. you too are going to become racing BFF's:D . that is cool your running buddy will also be there.

jacque- before getting into fitness fulltime i was in HR for 13 years!

well i am living in DOMSville today. i actually had to take some advil last night because my entire body was hurtin' from yesterday's workout}( . today my inner thighs, hamstrings and glutes are still feelin' it.

i am not going to do AB weights today because of the DOMS but i will do level 3 shred instead followed by strike zone. can't wait to try that one out!

have a great day all:)

Good Morning!

Wendy, Good luck this morning! That's great that Shelly and your friend will be with you. Do you have a foam roller? Rolling those hammies will help the tightness. Good Luck and have Fun!

Lora, Neck and shoulder issues are not fun. I gave in to my sweet tooth last night. Those of us with a sweet tooth or 2 should do something to help each other. Any ideas? Enjoy the movie and the perfumes.

Sunny, I liked shred stage 3. I did SZ again yesterday with weighted gloves and really pushed myself. I really liked it. Oh, I ordered Newport after reading your post. I've held out for too long. Please share your thoughts on SZ and shred 3.

Hello to everyone! Wishing you a splendid weekend! :)

Time to do my last TT Big 5 circuit and then I teach Turbo.

A friend in fitness,
Shirl

Good Saturday morning all!!

Lora, have fun today at the theater! Great workout!

Wendy, good luck with your race! It sounds like you're going to have fun. Hope your hams loosen up. My calves are WRECKED from the HIIT the other day and don't think I could handle a race.

Sunny, hope you have fun with your new workouts.

Shirl, is it your LAST TT workout? What's next?

I got my weight/circuit workout in after work last night, so today is cardio for me. Haven't decided what yet. Depends on what my calves allow!

BBL ~
Jen

Hi All!

Today I'll be doing 4DS BC and then FL1A from NROL. Today was my weigh-in day...I was EXTRA careful with my diet this week (I even passed up birthday cake and ice cream at the office) and I GAINED 2 pounds :( x(

Wendy ~ GOOD LUCK!

Jen ~ Enjoy your cardio day.

Lora ~ Enjoy the movie. I think it is so cool that you and your DH go to the movies each week.

Shirl ~ Have a great day.

Sunny ~ Enjoy your workout.

Just popping in for a moment before I go over Mom's to do perfume oil vials.

RE: the food at work.........I don't think it will ever stop. I think I just need to get really "tough" mentally some how and some way and not eat that stuff. Not sure how I'm going to yet.

As far as supporting each other with our sweet tooths, I hate to say this, but I think the only way I could really truly stop is if I had a monetary reward and that's impossible. However, I think if we post how well we did passing that stuff up on a daily basis and low fat/low sugar alternative treat suggestions, recipe's, etc - that might help somewhat.

What does everyone here think of me doing a Cardio Coach in place of WSFL cardio tomorrow? I feel like CC is harder. Opinions please.

Just finished a sugar free swiss mocha protein smoothie....off to Mom's.

Tammy, I'm with you on being diligent with the diet and not losing. I've been stuck at the same weight since week one of WSFL. It's so frustrating! But my clothes are looser, so I'm going to just have to hang my hat on that one. The answer for me, I think, is that this is going to be a long process, so I better just set my mind to it. I was hoping to drop 8-10 in the four weeks as the program promises, but it just didn't happen. However, I did learn a lot about my diet and I very much like the style of workouts I've been doing, so I'm going to stick with those things going forward. I did find a workout by Alwyn online that looks very interesting to me, and is similar to what I've been doing this past month, so I'm going to use that until Afterburn gets here. But all that is beside the point, which is your gain is most likely water, so don't worry too much about it. Give it another week and you'll be down those two, and two more!!

Lora, I think reporting our successess is a great idea. And I LOL at your need for a monetary reward! That would totally work for me, too! Now how can I make that work....? :+

Have a great day everyone~

Jen

Good morning all -

Lora - you got in a nice round of working out and yoga this AM. Sounds like you have a nice day ahead of you too. The food thing is so hard and there are times that even $ wouldn't motivate me. I have had a horribly emotional eating breakdown the past few days. Time to get back on track ! My willpower comes and goes, oh well, my pants are to tight yet !

Wendy - hope your race goes well and happy you have friends with you too!:D Take care of the leggies when you are done, OK?

Sunny - seems like DOMS are where it is at lately ! Hope they go away with your cardio today. HR - sometimes it is so emotionally exhausting ! So glad this week is over.

Shirl - I used the weighted gloves that came with my recent Turbo Jam package and it sure added to the workout. Have fun with your last TT and teaching today.

Jen - enjoy whatever cardio you choose. I have been enjoying my cardio much more that my weights lately.

Tammy - Kick some bootah with your BC today and push hard with your NROL - maybe that is why you added two pounds - it's the NROL. I haven't lost lbs, can see more definition with looser clothes, but what is really boggling my mind is my measurements are the same too? I am just happy for the better look and the knowledge that I am stronger. You'll get it back down there if you are eating well - besides you know you are healthy and that is the best part !

Have a lingering allergy headache from yesterday and don't know if I'll workout today or not. Am hoping that a few more ice packs, some java to constrict the blood vessels and waking up a bit more will put me in the mood.

Enjoy your day ladies !

Well girls there was no PR for me today. It was way more hot/humid then I anticipated and although I ran a goodly amount of the race fast, when I slowed down, it REALLY took it's toll on my time. I had to walk several times. I never do that but I was seriously afraid of over-doing it and ending up in BIG trouble so I played it safe. I finished with a 50:15 finish which isn't bad considering what I was up against. There was also a monster hill towards the end that slowed me down. If not that for that I probably could have eeked out a sub 50:00 despite the weather conditions. :)

I am home and showered but no rest for the weary. I just cleaned my bathroom and kitchen quickly and have about 2 hours left before I have to head up to BFF's for this party tonight. I will bring my clothes and get dressed at her place but that still does not leave me with much time to spare.

Hope everyone has a fabulous day and I will be back tmrw when I have to do my FINAL AB weight work out to complete stage 1 of the program! }(

BFN!

Jacque, hope your headache goes away quickly! Allergies are the worst. I'm lucky not to have them. Pollen affects me a little, but nothing too bad. Take it easy and stay in A/C.

Wendy, maybe no PR but GREAT time! Good job on the run! Have fun tonight.

WSFL cardio is done. I did the first five intervals of Imax 2 on a ten inch step (killer) and then 20 minutes of SS on the elliptical. It was a sweatfest.

BBL~
Jen

I had an awful workout this morning...I couldn't finish 4DS BC because I was experiencing dizzy spells after each interval. I am on my 3rd med for high blood pressure and I gather from today's workout that this one isn't going to work either. I'm thinking the HBP meds are also interferring with my weight loss efforts. x( x( x(

Wendy - sorry you didn't go as fast as expected, but still you finished in mucky weather. Your time would be a great one for me ! BTW, what is "PR"?

Thanks Jen - it is still there a bit but not as bad.

Tammy - sorry you are still adjusting to the meds and they are making you light headed. <<<Crossing fingers>>> it goes away soon.

I was able to purchase some CC's and am attempting to get them to work on my iPod Shuffle. Not having any luck yet. x(

So nice that the Am Exp works even when I have a headache.}(

I did get them loaded onto a CD so may need to use my CD player until I get a new iPod or . . . I'm trying to see if anyone on the Open Discussion forum has ideas.

Also got my Stage 2 NROLW ready to go for Monday. Am hoping I can try out a CC tomorrow.

Have a good evening ladies.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.