Alwyn, TT, Kettlebell'ers -What's up for Sunday??

sunnydelite

Cathlete
Hello ladies,

well after yesterday's workout i wanted to come back and report. however my arms felt like they were about to fall off:) . i don't think i could have typed anything. I am glad we worked out hard yesterday because last night we went to dinner at PF Changs:9 :9

today we are going to the track to run the stairs and then hit the gym for some heavy legs!! although i don't want to do to much damage as i want to run tomorrow.

wendy- enjoy your new KB workout!! i am so psyched for you.

christine- i have not used JS for intervals. do you have iclimb jumppin' rippin' abs? that is a good one to use JS. you alternate between the elliptical and jump roping.

I will BBL to report what we did for legs today}(

Good Morning!:)

I am feeling soooo much better today! I went to bed last night at 10 and was asleep shortly after. Surprisingly enough, the alarm didn't go off for me to get up and workout but I woke on my own at 5:21:) and I got in a 6 mile run.
Last weeks eats were o.k...and just o.k. So I am going to put that in the past and kinda look at it like I was just getting myself use to the workouts and use to the food for the first week, now its time to give it my all;) I still have 11 weeks to go and thats plenty of time to see a few changes!:) So, with that being said, I kind of hope I can fit in chest and back tonight after dinner but who knows, it may have to wait until tomorrow.

Sunny** Sounds like you had a really good workout yesterday! Gotta love it! Any DOMS???? I also know what you mean about not being able to run the next day on wobbly legs! Sometimes you don't realize how hard you worked your legs until you try running on them!

I will be back later. Im gonna have my first meal for the day. Not bad for someone who as been up for 4 hours. I can go all morning on coffee, I think!

Lori:)

Good Morning Sunny, Lori and all who follow.

Sunny: LOL at not posting due to useless arms. That's how you know you got a GOOD work out!}( My kettlebell dvd already shipped y'day. I sure hope this means I'll get it in time to use it this week!

Lori: Up for 4 hours w/o eating!? Holy cow, I can't do that! I'd be STARVING I tell you! STARVING! I can't go 4 hours with out eating EVER! Except for when I am sleeping ofcourse. ;) :7 Glad you were able to get your run in early this morning. I gather you are working today. I will pray for an easy day for you. :)

So I weighed and took my BF this morning. I started AB on Monday. I've lost 1.5 pounds and .95% body fat already! WOOH HOO! :+ }( :+
Results like that really keep ya motivated! I'll need it to as I am going to a BBQ today!:eek:

I guess that's all for now...BBIAB!

Wendy** Congrats on the results! Sounds like your hard work is paying off? What kind of goals have you set? I don't think a girl ever minds when the scale moves in the right direction...even when it doesn't really need to:)
I can go that long without eating when its that early in the morning! I wasn't hungry when I got up. If it were 8 o'clock though Im sure I would have been starving! Have fun at you BBQ! My MIL is having chicken for supper, hopefully not to many bad things to go along with it! LOL

Lori: I usually eat within an hour of getting out of bed...2 at the absolute most. Chicken can be diet friendly. It all depends on how she cooks it! I am sure she will have some wonderfully evil sides to go with it as well. Sounds like she cooks similarly to my MIL. Oh so tastey but oh so bad for you! LOL

Good morning early birds!!

I apologize for the lack of personals, but for some reason I just tried to post this long one twice and it won't. x( I'm so frustrated.

Anyway, awesome job on the workouts ladies, and on the results! We rocked week one, didn't we?

I followed WSFL exactly as written this week and I was down 4.4 poounds this morning. :7 I'm sooo happy about this. I hadn't seen the scale budge in so long, despite dieting and working out regularly, that I thought my metabolism had all but shut down.

Today is a rest day, and I'll probably mow the lawn, because it needs it and that always burns a few cals.

Have fun today on this beautiful Sunday,

Jen

Greetings :)

This has been a busy and fun weekend. DD and I went to a college visit on Friday about 1.5 hours away, we stopped to see my brother who is a dean at a neighboring college then drove home. I was able to get in my NROL4W workout at 5pm. I went too heavy on the push press! upped to 55# from 35# because I didn't want to change the B~~~ dumb. My form was baaaaad. Friday evening we had dinner with old friends. We had excellent wine and I ordered an appetizer and salad, and DH and I split a dessert. Y'day I golfed after doing intervals on the bike! and then it was kamikaze grocery shopping for today's BBQ. We had to be at a surprise 25th wedding anniversary party for some old friends at 5:30.

Today I have a NROL4W WO on schedule followed by intervals, but I am headed out to golf. IF I get it in after golf and before our BBQ here fine, if not then tomorrow. I will most likely wait and do the intervals tomorrow and do more of them than 20" worth.

At least today I have control of the menu! DD bless her heart made chocolate chip cookies for today already and a Caprese salad tray.
TG she likes to be in the kitchen!! We are also having cedar plank grilled salmon and flank steak, London broil style, for the carnivores.

TaTa!
[font color=lime green][font size +3]Judy "Likes2bfit"

http://www.picturetrail.com/jafitmama

Morning!

Sunny, Great workout yesterday and another one planned for today. Your workout sounds fantastically tough! I checked out the itrain you mentioned. I love to jumprope! Strengthcoach.com sometimes runs specials; I really like it. Great info.

Lori, I'm another one who has to eat within an hour of getting up; don't know how ya do it. Happy to hear you're feeling better.

Wendy, Congrats! Great job and that definitley keeps you motivated. You'll like TKW, the tutorial is really good; it's not a super hard workout but it's not easy either. I am looking forward to doing it again.

Jen, WOW - great results! Kudos to you. :)

Judy, It sounds like you're having a wonderful weekend. The bbq menu sounds very good.

Hello everyone! BBL :)

A friend in fitness,
Shirl

Jen: AWESOME results! Just what folks pondering WSFL need to hear in order to push them over the edge to give it a try! }(

Lori: My goal for this rotation is to get 6 pack abs! I have a weak 4 pack going on right now. What I mean by weak is that you can only see the definition in certain lighting. WTH!? I want a "see it all the time-even the pitch black-6-pack"!!!LOL }(

>OMG Wendy, you just cracked me up!! "only in certain
>lighting..."
>That is too funny!
>

Funny, I know!:7

I don't get it though! x(

Judy, sounds like you know how to enjoy a weekend! :7 Have fun golfing today! That sounds like so much fun. And that menu! I want to come to one of you barbeques :9

Hi Shirl! What's on tap for you today?

Jen

Hi Jen, I'm going to church this morning. DH and the boys are going golfing after church. DD and I are going to kick the soccer ball around. When the boys get home, we're going to run some hills.
Thanks for asking. Have a great day! :)

A friend in fitness,
Shirl

Hey ladies,

back from my workout. here is what we did:
30 mins running the stairs at the university
went to the gym-
squats 90 lbs added to 50lb barbell
superset with step ups (holding 25lb plates) (3 sets)
leg extensions
superset with walking lunges holding 25lb plates follwed by reverse crunches (3 sets)
calf machine (130lbs, 25 reps)
superset w/ box jumps (10) followed by obliques (3 sets)
leg press machine 3 sets than 1 set of angled jumps on the leg press machine (hard to explain)
the finisher was alwyn's leg matrix (judy this is in NROLW)
24 bodyweight squats
12 alternating lunges (ea leg)
12 jumping lunges
12 jump squats

ok, you can imagine my legs are toast right about now. however my endorphins are thru the roof!!

lori- i have DOMS thru my entire UB. they are the mild ones where you know you worked out hard but are not killing me.

wendy- awesome, awesome job!! six pack abs--- here you come!:D

jen- WOW, what great results in a short amount of time. sounds like WS delivers on its promise!!

judy- enjoy your workout and your bbq today!!

shirl-i am going to give strength coach a try. do they have all different types of workouts?

Good morning from the Later riser again?

Just wondering if I'm the only one on PST? x( Or just the lazy one:7

Sunny - super killer workouts. I am thinking I am tired just reading what you have done the past two days:p How long does it take you to do the workout you did today? Is it the standard AB workout?

Lori - wonderful you got sleep and then woke up on your own. That's the best it can be. Then a good run and some fun tonight. Yeah !

Wendy - super job on the losses for you. I'm sure the "packs" will be coming soon if you keep it up !

Jen - and a great week you had too. Congratulations for a job well done ! With results like that it is hard not to stick with it. Dunno, think Wendy may be right and you just may be an enabler for the WS plan}(

Judy - what a busy but fun weekend you're having. The BBQ does sound great and how nice your DD is so helpful in the kitchen.

Shirl - Sounds like a fun time kicking the soccer ball around and then running hills. I remember when my kids were in sports and it was so fun "practicing" with them. Am waiting for my grandson to grow up, but he'll only turn 1 in July so I have a little while.:7

Supposed to be my rest day today but I am feeling like I need to do some light cardio. Hopefully time will allow as I didn't accomplish quite as much yesterday as I was supposed to.

You all have a great day if I am not back later !

hey jacque-

you are not lazy. i think most of us are on EST time.
yesterday and today's workouts were not from AB. i deviated since my sister is in town and we love to workout together. yesterday's workout was 45 mins and today's i would say was about an hr.

Jacques - I'm still sitting in my PJ's contemplating which workout to do, so you're not the only one. And yes, I'm on PST. It's 9AM. :p

I have cardio on tap today, and I have to admit I'm having a tough time deciding which cardio. I've gotten it narrowed down between BOSU Blast and Rock Steady Step (with the warm up of Straight Up Step because I'm learning that one). They both have good abs sections at the end, but I'm afraid if I do BOSU Blast and the abs on that one, I won't be able to do the planks tomorrow! We'll see.

I ended up doing Spinervals Mental Toughness yesterday. It's a pretty hard workout, but I was thrilled that I was able to go harder, longer. I'm convinced it's all of the interval work. It felt GOOD to be going hard. Of course, now my bike has a flat tire, so I have to replace that before I can ride again, but I should be able to get that done today. I hate replacing tires, but DD15's BF wants to be a bike mechanic and likes to practice on my bikes (such a nice feature in a daughter's boyfriend!).

Hi Gals:) Thought I would check back in for some personnals! Today is going much faster then yesterday, probably b/c I am not dragging my feet:7

Jen** Congrats on the weightloss! Were you hungry? I looked at the program but didn't think I could survive on it. I bet you have lots of motivation to keep going!

Wendy** Your funny! Yes, 6 pack,4 pack or even a 2 pack would be nice;-) Is there such a thing? LOL I would love to have moire definition in that area as well but it takes soooo much more then crunches! Determination and hands out of the cookie jar!

Shirl** Hope you are having a good day!

Jacque** Where do you live? Prehaps I can tell you our time difference. Im willing to bet that when I am getting up, you have only been in bed for a couple of hours:)

Judy** Hope you stay away from those cookies!!!

Sunny** Wow! What a workout! I love and hate having DOMS all over:) Its nice to know you worked but I hate being reminded of it everytime I move! LOL

I think thats it...or did I miss someone??

Awaken the Body is in the bag. Now it's time to get ready to head out. I doubt I'll have time to come back for personals until later tonight or maybe tomorrow morning so have a great rest of the day, ladies!:)

I'm out in Californialand Lori, but now see that at least Christine is on the same time slot as me and at least today I made it here first}(

Sunny - that was quite a workout for the amount of time you spent - you must have cooked to get it all done that fast. Fun that your sister was here to workout with.

Did end up doing a cardio - long lost Rythmic Step. I like the moves on that one and was amazed at how much I sweated and got the old HR up there. Thought some of the HIIT TM work I've done lately would have made it easier. Just goes to show that cross training is the best way !

Just finished my spinach omlete and time to hit the shower before it gets too late - yea right, it's almost noon:7

Maybe I can burn a few extra calories if I go "warp speed" with my shopping this AM.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.