Alwyn, TT, Kettlebellers, etc Monday Aug 25

lorajeannec

Cathlete
Morning Ladies -

This morning I did P90X+ Total Body and the Hanging Ab exercises from the Core/Ab DVD. Workout was 65" and I burned 526 calories.

Sorry I've been MIA for the last few days. I'm having some personal issues and am most likely getting a divorce. I've been looking for a place to live and my DH has partially moved out. I might be without computer access in the near future for a period of time.

Have great workouts everyone.

Good Morning:)

I don't think I checked in yesterday. Yesterday I started my training program for my 20 k run. So yesterdays run was a 12 k one. It was tough to b/c I have had 5 nights of broken sleep (work + DS ear infection) it was early in the morning, it was hilly and windy...and I had to take the baby:eek: Then on the way back it was even worse b/c it was hot b/c the wind was in the other direction! Im glad this race is in the Fall, I know it will be nice and cool, just hopefully not to windy.

Today was suppose to be a rest day but I did ME UB and a 4 k run. I wanted to take the dogs out so I loaded them in the truck and we ran a near by trail. When I got home, the bigger dog wouldn't get out of the truck, so Im at work and he is still in the truck. As he is getting older, I see some changes in him and getting in and out of the truck is one of them. I took a chair to help him but he still wouldn't get out! LOL

Lora** Good job with your workout!

I think my boss is comming.......

BBL!
Lori:)

Good Morning Peeps.

Lora: Oh girl, I'm so sorry to hear that.:( (((HUGS))) We are here if you need to vent! Take care of yourself!

Jen: WOO HOO! So you are a soon-to-be kettlebell convert!!! How cool! I KNOW you are gonna love it! They are awesome! Nothing works the lower body like the kb's and you can get such an awesome total body + cardio work out in very little time. Which vids did you purchase? If you need recs on some more, let me know!;)
Now...to answer your questions! LOL
Yes, I did CTX y'day: shoulders, chest and back
Yes, the plan is to do only running for cardio (4 days). I will sub in something else if my schedule does not allow me to run one day for some reason.
I probably won't last longer then a month doing the rotation before my exercise ADD kicks in and I need to change up! LOL
I'm actually running an 18 mile race and it's on October 12th!
No, you didn't ask me enough questions! Feel free to ask more!:D

I'll be heading to the gym this morning for a run. No doubt I'll have Sean or Grace keeping me company but I have no idea which one or which work out at this point!

Off to grab more java! BBL!

Last edited:
Hey Lori, We were posting at the same time! Good job with your first 20k race training run! Hills with your son!? You are amazing!!!! I used my jogging stroller ONCE when Joey was a baby and it's been upstairs collecting dust ever since! LOL :p Sorry about your crappy sleep. Hope the ear infection is better.

Hello everyone!

I popped in earlier to post but was interrupted and had to sign off, so I'm late today.

Lora, I'm sorry to hear about your marital issues. I hope it all works out for the best.

Lori, the fact that your dog is in your truck while you're at work cracks me up! You'll at least have company on your way home later.

Wendy, do want recs!! I bought Iron Core Way Vols. 1 & 2 'cuz they were available at Dick's. They seem like a pretty good place to start. I did vol. 1 this morning, and it wasn't too intense, but I still worked up a sweat and it provided some good instruction. I'm interested to hear about others though. Your enthusiasm is right on! I had so much fun swinging those things around! I have no idea why...but it was a great change. I think I'll be using these for a while now. They fit in really well with what I want to accomplish, which is fat loss using the stuff I learned from The Fat Loss Troubleshoot. So do tell which dvds I need ;) I'll have them on their shipping way by this afternoon! Thanks in advance.

BBS~

Jen

Here ya go Jen!

The Extreme Kettlebell Cardio Work Out by Keith Weber: This is broken into 6 segments plus a core work out and cooldown. It's super intense! Each segment is about 10 minutes long. You can mix and match them or do the entire thing all at once. I haven't had the nerve to do it all at once yet. I've done half and it whooped me somethin' fierce! It is by far the most intense KB work out that I own!

The Kettlebell Goddess Workout: This work out doesn't seem to get good reviews by everyone but I really like it. It is broken down into about 6 20 minute work outs each with a different focus as such as upper body, lower body, cardio endurance, total body, etc. It also chaptered so that you can pick and choose single exercises to make your own work out. What it does not have is one LONG work out. You have to create that yourself by doing a couple of the 20 min ones or putting the single exercises together. It includes double bell work as well which is a challenge. I really enjoy this one alot. It's especially good if you want to do an upper body only work out. It has lots of exercises to choose from to make that happen.

The Kettlebell Way to your Perfect Body (total fitness in 40 minutes volume 1): Lead by one of the top in the industry, Anthony Diluglio as well as Beth Chamberlain. It's a remake of Providence which is put out by Art of Strength (Anthony's company). They are apparently the same exact work out. I bought this one cause it was being sold at a discounted price when it was first released so it cost less then the original. It's a great full body circuit routine made up of 14 exercises that are all done for 2 minutes a piece. It also has a bonus round. Great work out! More intense then Kettlebell Goddess, less intense then the Extreme KB Cardio. They've just started a pre-sale on volume 2 which I ordered last week! :)

HTH!

Last edited:
Hi Girls.

Back from the gym and the park. Getting ready to have some lunch. I ran 5.85 miles with Grace this morning to the tune of ITread 9/60 minutes. It's a fast one with little rest. It wipes me out! Love it! I needed it too. What a great stress reliever and mental break. I tend to get stressed out easily and have been especially on edge the past couple of days so this really helped to relax me a bit.

Off to get lunch but I'll be back later!

OMG Wendy! Thank you so much! That's awesome info.

I think I'll order Goddess and Perfect Body today, and hold off on Weber for now. Seeing I'm just learning, maybe super intense isn't something I need right away.

(Oh who am I kidding???)

Jen

Hey Jen. You are quite welcome. Glad I could help. Who are you kidding is right! You'll own them all eventually! ;) I still have Anthony's Newport and Providence work outs on my wish list. In the O/F Leanne posted a website that has his stuff on sale for about $10 cheaper then the usual cost. I am soooo tempted but I'm really trying to cut down on the fitness spending for a bit. I've really spent too much money over the past several months. :eek: I have never gotten any grief for it so I sure don't want to start now! :p That being said, I am laying off as much as possible for a while. How long do you think I can last? LOL

If you're anything like me, Wendy, about a week ;)

I just ordered the Goddess workout and the Keith Weber workout you recommended. I was able to get both at dragondoor.com which was the deciding factor. I didn't want to order them all from different sites. I figure even if Keith's is uber intense, they're only ten minute segments. I'll only do as much as I can and "grow into" the rest.

I love new fitness stuff. I also have to reign in my spending, but I have to admit that I'm failing miserably these days. Oh well...I could have worse addictions.

Jen:

Yes, you can work your way into the Extreme work out! It's definately worth the investment! I hope you enjoy the Goddess work out as well. Asking us to reign in our fitness spending is like asking a drug addict to stop buying his drug of choice, ey? ;) You are right....DEFINATELY worse things we could be addicted to or just spending our money on! :)

Hey y'all !

Ditched the computer yesterday as I was with allergy headache and holed up on the couch all day ! :mad: Yes was very very :mad: 'cuz I wanted to workout ! :mad:

So today I had some lingering aches so went to work early, had fun, (yes fun as I got to work with the VP today ! on his review and compensation). Am hoping I can get my foot in the door and work on the comp plan for the company. We'll see . . .

Got home, today is our 8th anniversay so wasn't sure if I'd workout or not, but after grabbing some lobster and a large bottle of Silver Patron for DH :)eek:) I was still by myself so did my CTX Step and Intervals. Need to figure out how I am going to get in all my body parts before our Reno trip on Sat AM.

Lora - so so sorry about your life's upsets right now. Sure puts a pit in your stomach for a long time. BTDT. Like Wendy said, we are here to vent or if you need any advice, as I can tell you girl, many have told me how horrible my divorce was - the controlling DH who was insecure - they can try to run you through the ringer. I have loads of experience so just give me a holler if you want any wisdom in that dept. Way to keep up the workouts ! :D

Lori - great run and I too am ROFLMAO about the dog. :p:D:p I know how it is as our lab was 13 when we lost him last year and my giant schnauz is nearly 12. They used to hop right in and hop back out after their lake swims. My little Zellie girl can just barely hop onto the couch these days. But I will be laughing for days thinking about your puppy in the back of your truck ! ;)

Wendy - good job on the UB today with CTX. I had fun today since I needed a short workout. We'll see what I decide on in the AM.

Jen - woo hoo girl. I got my Kettlebell Godess DVD while I was away babysitting so haven't opened it yet. Maybe I'll do two body parts of my CTX tomorrow and then do a Kettlebell FB on Wed. Need to leave myself a day in between KB's and Leaner Legs since I always hear how the KB works the back end quite well.

Until tomorrow - am hoping to get to my computer for a break - didn't even get lunch today. Am meeting DD for lunch tomorrow - will try to get here early AM.

TTFN:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.