DB Push Press
set of 4 w/ reps at 10

Giant Set 2:
Squat
Wide Grip Lat Pulldown
Step Up
DB Shoulder Press
set of 2 w/ reps at 20

Swiss ball crunches (I added a 10# DB and also a set of jacknives on the ball)

I used a variety of DB's 10-30 lbs. I did the chinups with chair assistance. Then I did WSFL cardio - 6 rounds of 30 seconds hard intensity (9-10) and 90 seconds recovery (used my step and Rebounder). Workout with cooldown/stretch was 72" and I burned 615 calories. This was a pretty good workout! Not quite as hard as Alwyn's Metabolic Circuits...but a toughie.

The job went pretty well yesterday. The people in the office seem nice. It will be a huge adjustment getting used to the hours, as I've got some long days 9-10 hours and a couple late nights and an occasional Saturday. I'm glad I have a job. I took several calls yesterday inquiring about the receptionist postion! I guess the guy that interviewed me the first day is the Owner! If I'd have known that when he interviewed me, I would have been a nervous wreck! I also can't believe how toxic the enviroment was that I just came from. Now that I'm out of there and back in a "normal" environment, I realize just how stressful that was.

Have great workouts everyone. (Oh...and I won't be online from work, as I don't even have a computer....LOL).

Good Morning Lora and all who follow, :)

Lora, Great workout and I'm happy to hear you're working in an emotionally healthier environment. It makes going to work easier and your life in general.

Thanks for breaking down the diet plan. My body can't handle that few carbs. I tried it before with a diet/meal plan from a nutritionist. My body did not respond well and it took me weeks to get back to normal. The workouts look great!

Today is supposed to be 30 minutes of light cardio. I plan on practicing a new round for TK and do some yoga. I also work this afternoon. My body feels great. My appetite has been a little out of control though. I think I need to eat more earlier in the day. Hope that helps.

Have a great day everyone! :)
BBL :)

A friend in fitness,
Shirl

Good Morning.

Lora: Great work out this morning. Glad you like the job so far. I hope it stays that way. Sorry your last job was so stressful. I guess the lay off was a blessing in disguise. :)

Shirl: Cutting carbs can be hard for a lot of people. I can do it for the short term (like maybe a week!LOL) but I don't know what would happen if I tried to do it for any extended period of time.

Judy: Enjoy your work out. :)

BBL!

Does NROL have cardio in it also?

Also - how long do you think you can do this kind of training before it is not effective? I worry that since I like it so much and love high calorie burning workouts, I might keep trying to do them. I suppose I'll have to do other training periodically.....and if so, how long to stay on other kind before I can go back to Alwyn's type of programs?

Lora:

Yes, NROL4W has cardio in it. The prescribed cardio is interval work a few times per week to be done right after the weight work. He also shows you how you can add endurance cardio to the program if you wish but it's not ACTUALLY a part of the prescribed program.

I had started doing NROL4W for just a few days before switching to Afterburn. I plan to switch back in a couple of months. I am going to be training for a long distance race and NROL allows for endurance work where AB does not. I know I could add it anyway but I only plan to add an occassional session in order to participate in a couple of shorter races (5 miles and less) and then and maybe a run or 2 in the park with my friend.

HTH.

Good morning ladies,

Lora- so happy you like this job much better than your last. great workout!!

wendy- did you see my HIIT post to you yesterday?

judy- so how are you liking stage 2 so far?

shirl- enjoy your workout today! so what classes do you instruct?

today was HIIT (on the TM), phew.....glad it's done}(

after yesterday's workout i was way too beat to do HIIT so i did icycle n' sprints on the bike.

have a great day all!

Good morning, everyone!

Just popping in quick right now, because I was late for work this morning, so I should behave myself. :+ But I wanted to report that yesterday's diet was again 100% compliant, and today's workout is complete. Holy crap, it was a toughie. I'm absolutely exhausted right now, and so glad to be sitting at my desk. I couldn't handle anything else at the moment. :p

I'll be back later,

Jen

P.S. Good job to everyone on their workouts!

Good morning to all so far !

Lora - Wow what a workout ! Seems NROL is a bit different than NROLW with the double sets? Always nice to like being at work. Hope it remains a good place to be for you.

Shirl – have a nice easy workout today.

Judy – I can’t wait to get to Stage 2 for some of the interval cardio though I do like my runs !

Wendy – Will be waiting to see what your workout was today. . .

Jen – Way to go, I recently switched over to working out in the AM’s and am really enjoying the tired and energetic feeling while at work !

Will be off to do my NROLW Stage 1 # 13 Workout A. Will be adding weight again and trying my new weight vest for squats.

BBL to report . . .

P.S. Hey Lori – where are you this AM, LOL !

Another quick post here! I have TT Big Five for Fat Loss Workout "B" on my agenda today, followed by HIIT that I will do on my bike again. Yesterday's diet was 100%! I'm so excited. I have jury duty today at 10AM (so I'm being lazy about working out - normally I'm about done by now!). I'm about to get moving though.

RE: Alwyn, TT & Kettlebellers - Come Check In - Wed 5-2...

Christine- I see you did not escape the jury duty completely. Hopefully you will be dismissed today.

OK NROLFW sate 2B is done for the first time today. I found I could increase some weight on the second round and others, like reverse lunge from box were fine with where I started @ 15#. (same as rear foot elevated on high step lunge)

Sunny- Stage 2 is more of a challenge and calorie blaster than stage 1 no doubt. There is more core and more complex lower body. The prone cobra is harder than it looks to hold for 90 seconds. I do keep my rests to 60 seconds out of habit. Alwyn increases them to 75 in this stage.

Todays intervals were an OK challenge. I did not feel totally spent in the first one so I just increased on the rest. On the TM :
8.5 all 60 seconds with a 90 seconds rest@ 3.8-4.0
* then I added 3 hills @ 4.5 10%x2", 10%x1" & 12%x1" .

food yesterday:
cal:1951 c/p/f/: 44.7/27.2/28.1, not perfect but adequate.

[font color=lime green][font size +3]Judy "Likes2bfit"

http://www.picturetrail.com/jafitmama

Quick note to say HOLY COW!!!!! What a workout! I never knew that adding a mere 15 seconds to HIIT Intervals can make THAT much of a difference! I'm going to be glad to sit on my duff and wait for the judge to call me today! Yowza!

Hi Christine,

I was wondering what you'd think of today's workout. My butt is so sore; I'm going to foam roll right now. Hope jury duty goes well and relax.

A friend in fitness,
Shirl

Okay, I'm back.

So, today's workout was 3 sets of 6-8 reps each exercise for dumbell incline presses and 3-point dumbell row. Then is was a circuit of romainian deadlifts and swiss ball crunches, as many sets of 12 in ten minutes, followed by a circuit of step ups and dumbbell or kettlebell swings, as many sets of 12 in ten minutes. Killer. Then the intervals were a warm up, 3 work periods of 120 seconds maximum intensity and 120 seconds of easy recovery, then a cool down. I damn near died doing this cardio. After doing all those step ups and deadlifts, my legs were crying! It was an awful performance on the tread, but I finished it. I can check that off the to-do list.

Diet is so far perfect. I have to admit that I'm starving, but I'm determined to stick with it. I'm just drinking tons of green tea and water in between meals.

I'm really tired, too. I suspect that's a result of the low carb. I think that's supposed to pass, though? I don't know...it's the one thing I'm having a hard time dealing with.

Have a great afternoon everyone.

Jen

Christine – TT sure sounds like a tuffy ! Had the old dreaded jury duty a year ago – 6 week murder trial but was only half days 4 days a week. Am crossing finger for you ! Good job with eating !

Judy – am almost to Stage 2 and still contemplating taking a week or two to just do tons of cardio and circuits. Am really anxious to make the scale tip downward about 5 lbs or so. Can’t wait for the harder workouts thought the end of Stage 1 isn’t too bad with the added set and extra weight.

Shirl – Hope your foamie roll helps your behind ! Sounds like you enjoyed your workout.

Jen – another tough workout – seems everyone is getting pretty tired – yippee ! Hope your energy returns soon, but great job on the eating even if you are a bit tired !

Finished my WO before work this AM:
Squats – 3 sets of 8 @ 65# (10# Weighted vest + 55# BB)
Pushups – 3 sets of 8 with 10# weighted vest still on (Whew!, big difference)
Bent Over Row – 3 sets of 8 @ 40#
Step Ups – 3 sets of 8 @ 50# (vest + 20# DB’s)
Prone Jacknife – 3 sets of 8 (Nope, no vest this time - LOL !)

Great workout, was huffin’ and puffin’ for quite a few minutes afterward.

wendy- you caught me:p . yea, not something to jump right into however you could build up to it. you could also play with the #'s, like only going as high as 8 or 9.

shirl- i am not doing WSFL. i am doing AB. so i am keeping my ratios according to the plan.

jen- awesome workout!! i think we are all going to be tired souls after these programs:D congrats on your great eating day!!

christine- another awesome workout!! i am definitely going to give that rotation a shot:)

judy- yea, i heard those workouts get harder and longer... real butt kickers}(

jacque- what type of weighted vest do you have? i wish i could go back to my early AM workouts.

so far my diet is on point!!! i truly believe this check in is helping me stay on track with my eats.

today is my day for teaching 3 different classes. i am really enjoying teaching the outdoor bootcamp class:D

ttyl....:)

Just checking in from work. It is sunny but cold today - 42F; I want warm weather.

Jacque, Great workout! What type of vest do you have?

Jen, Congrats on another successful day!

Christine, How was jury duty? Can you do a full pistol squat? Yowza, they and the bulgarian squats got my butt good.

Sunny, I teach Turbo Kick, PiYo, Core Cardio, Cardio Drill, Boot Camp and Conditioning for young athletes. Have fun teaching your classes today. What classes do you teach?

Hello to everyone else. My next client is ready. :)

A friend in fitness,
Shirl

Can I join too???

I'm on the 4th day of WARP and so far I don't know what to think.
Jen, are you hungry? I following the 135 lb diet and it is not 9 cal/lb -- as he said it would be -- I added up and it's between 1400-1500. Interestingly I'm not hungry at all and all I lost is .5 lb on the 4th day. Normally I do a lot more lifting and kettlebells, so this program seems less in comparison to what I've been doing lately. But anyway, I really want to give it a try and follow it all the way.
Today I actually cut back on the food, same ratio, but less amount.
In the last year I've gained about 5 lb and I can't shake it, WARP for itseemed like the perfect fit. Mari

Nice to be here! :)

Sorry I'm so horrible with personals today. Quick post to say YAY!!! My case was settled, so I am free for another year of Jury Duty!! I was there for all of about 1 hour. :p

Shirl - OUCH! My booty is talking to me, too! I have a tough time with pistol squats. I use a high step with six risers (I'm 5'10 - so there's a lot of me to lift up!) and I hope to remove risers as I go. :p

Sunny - I'm liking this one. I looked over some of the others and wasn't impressed, but this one is good.

Welcome to the new members!!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.