Alwyn, TT, KB'ers & P90X'ers...Coffee Clutch Sunday

Fit_mommy

Cathlete
Good Morning Girls.

Yeah, kettlebell legs for certain! The DOMS got worse! }( Today is supposed to be a rest day but DH is workin' O/T (is probably already at work!)so I may get bored and work out anyway! LOL

I'm up stupid early this morning because when DH got up at 4:30 this morning, he disturbed the dogs-we have one dog and are currently watching DH's cousn's dog. Well, once he woke them up that was it. They bugged me until I got out of bed. UGH!x(

That being said, it's time to grab java...I'll be back in a bit to see what's goin' on!:)

Morning Ladies -

This morning I did WSFL Cardio. I did the intervals on the Rebounder high knees super fast running.....and recoveries jogging all over the house. I then did the 20 minute portion with Med Ball Madness and stretch. Workout was 58" and I burned 472.

I also did Spinervals Flexible Warrior - for Cyclists 20". Had to cut yoga short, as I need to colour my hair and have to be somewhere later this morning.

Now I know why my legs are so stiff this week. I see that I screwed up with my weight workout the other day and ended up doing 2 leg days in a row.....so now my days are screwed up in the program.

Have a great day ladies.

g' mornin' ladies,

wendy- sorry about being woke up early. i am up early so i can get in my workout before everyone wakes up. after my weight workout i am going for a run outside by myself. my running buddy wanted to get together but i feel the need for some ME time. let me know once tony's new ones become available for us non-coach folks:7 definitely understand the being bored so no rest. how is the paperwork coming along for joey's pre-school?

lora- that is funny about messing up your workouts. no worries i am sure you will be right back on track!

today is AB stage 3, day 1 weight workout followed by a 30 min run outdoors. i think i am going to use itrain (gold) outdoors by natalie. any one have that one? if so, what do you think of it?

BBL....:)

Sunny: Enjoy your me time run. I like running with a buddy but totally get the need to go it alone at times as well. :) Hope it's not too hot out there for ya though. Probably hotter by you then here in Jersey!:eek: So what do you think of the stage 3 work outs? Is it tougher then stage 2? I will keep you posted on the new Tony work outs! I pretty much filled out everything I can for Joey's school registration. Now I just have to get him an appointment with the pediatrician for a check up and then have them fill out what they need to. I don't have an itrain gold work out. I tried to get one using my plan credits but I guess her stuff isn't eligible as it was still going to charge me so I deleted it from my cart. I was going to grab one with that May promo but didn't cause I figured I could get it with my credits. Had I known I would have bought it last month! GRRRR! x( Let us know if you like it!:)

Lora: Sorry about the messed up weight work. I've done that myself. Annoying, isnt' it? x( Have a great day!

Okay so I've pretty much decided I am not resting today. I will rest another day this week. The issue now is, I am totally having the hardest time deciding what kind of work out today. I am annointing today a "cheat on Alwyn" day so the field is wide open. I did cardio yesterday and it's what's on tap for tmrw so I can pretty much do any work out I want-all cardio, all weights or a circuit...

I thought about trying Tracey's Strike Zone.
I thought about doing Cathe's 4DS bootcamp cardio.
I thought about doing a Cathe circuit of some sort.
I thought about pulling out one of the vids from my long list of un or barely touched work outs.

The choices are killing me!!!

Any suggestions?? :)

Okay, I think I'm going to pick and choose segments of Strike Zone to try (totaling about 30 minutes) then do Awaken the Body. Problem solved! ;)

well my workout got totally turned around...
i decided to go for my run first because it is going to be scorching hot today. instead of the itread i turned on a new playlist i put together and did the following, (went to the track) ran for a mile and then ran the stairs for 5 min, then ran a mile. i did that for 75 mins and then did a nice relaxing stretch outside. i don't think weights are going to get done today as i am now pleasantly exhausted:D

wendy- stage 3 workouts are just as hard as stage 2. the only thing that makes it a little more taxing is you are doing weights 4 x's a week as opposed to 3. i am glad you choose strike zone as i am looking forward to your thoughts on it!

went to barnes and noble after my workout and picked up the lastest M&F hers and a new rodney yee yoga workout.

tammie- enjoy your CC!!

Good morning ATK90's:

Wendy - sorry you were up so early, doggone dogs, huh? Wonder if the legs every get used to your KB workouts? Sound like you get some good DOMS every time. Funny you decided against a rest day - happens to me to if there isn't anything else I feel like doing. I can always seem to find another day in the week where resting works better for me.

Lora - You sure got in a variety of workouts today ! Great job ! I'm with you on the hair touchup today :7 Didn't get to it yesterday. Bummer about 2 legs in a row, but at least you know why they were so stiff.

Tammy - have fun with your CC on the TM ! Am hoping to get a couple of the CC's or iTrains soon. You all have such great things to say about them and I definitely get a better workout when "prodded".

It is gorgeous outside and my workout is supposed to be a 40 min steady state with 20 sec. sprints. Think I'm gonna head outside and hit the trails by the creek, a group of small inclines, then a 1/4 miles approx a 6" incline on the TM. Should be a good HIIT type of a run. Have tracked it on map my run before. Have any of you Cheetahs ever double checked the map my run distances with a GPS?

Need to get some java in and then off to hit the trails. Enjoy your day.

BBL

Sunny: Reading about your work out is making me tired. I don't think anyone here will chide you for skipping weights my dear!:) I am only going to do about 20 minutes of SZ but I'll let you know what I think of the parts that I do! So are you still replacing an AB weight work out with a KB work out in Stage 3? }( I got a subscription to M&F Hers for my B'day! Aren't ya jealous? :p LOL

Jacque: I am only doing a KB work out once a week for right now so I will probably continue to get DOMS from them until I do them more consistently. I am thinking of a kb rotation after my 2 months of AB are up but I will probably supplement with an upper body only work out as the bells seem to focus alot more on lower then upper body. Once I am in to that rotation I will likely get less doms as I plan to use the bells 2x per week. }(
I've tried using a mileage tracker for my runs pre-garmin days. It was okay but I think the garmin is well worth the investment so that I don't have to worry about my route at all. I can just go go go!:)

So I've decided to do a mish mosh this afternoon of the following work outs:

Biggest Loser Power Sculpt (about 20 mins I think)
Tracey's Strike Zone (about 20 mins)
TJ Ab Jam (standing only: 10 mins)
Tony's Awaken the Body (starting from the power yoga portion: about 10 mins)

It won't be super tough but I think it will give me a nice work out for a day when I'm supposed to be resting!:p I Know I said I would rest another day this week but I know me so I just can't gaurantee that will happen!}(

BBL to let ya know how the mosh went!:)

Back from my run - it was so nice to run outside for the first time in probably a year and a half. Last time I got back in to running (I'm a fair weather runner:eek: ) there were some rapes happening on the trails I like to run on so I stopped that.

Last fall I got a TM so have been using that pretty steadily since then. I know many have said the TM is harder than the streets, but I'm the opposite. Now I did do some heavy squats and lunges yesterday, but my quads are sore already from the run.

It was 4.66 miles according to Map My Run and I: 1. forgot my music so my pace wasn't as fast as it could be, 2. forgot my HRM so I don't know what my HR was, 3. didn't even check the clock so don't know how long it took me. x( But it seemed easier than in the past and I do think it was quite a bit quicker.

Next time I'll try to remember my "stuff" so I can at least compare my times and check my HR.

Wendy I would love a Garmin but ended up just getting a Polar F11 a year ago so may have to wait until I need a new one. Since I wasn't too much of a runner I figured I didn't need it. We'll see how much I decide to run in the future. I am enjoying it and am trying to psyche myself up to sign up for a 5K or 10K in the future. May do the local one attached to the Garlic Festival in July.

Hope your workout goes well.

I'm back from the work out and here's the scoop:

[font color=red]Biggest Loser Power Sculpt:[/font] I did w/u, intermediate sculpt and advanced sculpt (25 mins total). Not bad. I liked the exercises over all but I didn't like the instructor for the intermediate sculpt. She rushed the exercises IMO. The advanced sculpt was better and the core segment at the end was *TOUGH*! I'll have to try the beginner w/o next time. It's 20 mins and I can always heavy up the weight to make it tougher.

[font color=blue]Strike Zone:[/font] Um how can I put this nicely but to say BLECH! LOL I did, or should I say TRIED to get through segments 4, 5 and 6. I made it through all of 4. It was OKAY but couldn't finish 5 or 6. It just isn't my style. I have a feeling this one will be collecting dust until I get around to unloading it on Ebay at some point. Who knows though, maybe I'll try it again and it will grow on me. Only time will tell.

[font color=orange]Turbo Jam Ab Jam:[/font] Standing work only.

[font color=purple]CTX Kickbox Arm Drills:[/font] I did this one to make up for quitting on SZ! I did this with the TJ weighted gloves. AWESOME!}(

[font color=teal]Awaken the Body:[/font] I did the last 10-12 minutes which is some power yoga and a few stretches.

I feel worked out but just wish I had more luck with Strike Zone. When I don't mesh with a work out it can mess with my mood so I was not in the greatest frame of mind for the rest of the work out. I *almost* quit working out altogether. :eek:

Okay, I'm done complaining. I gotta grab a shower. BBL!

Hey Girls!

Sorry I am later checking in! These night shifts are killing me! I can't wait for tonight to be over! Ugh......long distance running probably isn't helping either.

Today was another 9 mile run. DS was awake the whole time,annoying me..he kept throwing things over the side of the stroller,until there was nothing left to throwx( Then when we got home I put him in his crib, I took a bath (debated doing GS legs but didn't have it in me),then tried to take a nap. But there is to much activity going on around here. There are 5 people out on my soon to be lawn,spreading top soil and every time someone moved, the dog barked and so on. I must have had a little nap but it didn't feel like it at all!
Could I whine anymore???

Wendy** Your quit chatty today! LOL You sound bored;) Good job with the workouts! Ive decided to sell the workouts I don't use in a yard sale. I have replaced some of my Cathe VHS workouts with dvds but I don't want to part with them just in case a dvd gets scratched or something.

Sunny** I haven't bought a new M&F in a while, anything good in there? In the past, fitness mags use to keep me on the straight and narrow, especially when I was trying to lose weight, now I just skim through it and wish I looked like the models;) Then I pick up a VS catalouge and get reeeeeeeeally depressed! LOL

Jacque** Good reason not to run on that trail anymore...geez, thats scary! Nothing like that happens around here. Its pretty safe,minus the breakins.

Baby is awaken...to everyone else...good job with the workouts today!

Lori:)

jacque- glad you enjoyed your run. the trails sounds scary. it's unfortunate we always have to worry about this things. i say go for the 5K!

wendy- oh noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, i am so sorry to hear that about SZ. i really hope i like it. if not it will be my last tracey S. workout i purchase. nice bday gift. i got the subscription also...fyi- the subscription doesn't start until the fall so if you want this month's mag you still gotta go get it. i believe i will sub a KB workout in for one of my AB workouts. i am missing my bells!

lori- no worries about the late check in. haven't looked thru the mag yet. i like to purchase just to have something for reading material. i am a avid reader but now find very little time to fit in a book. i have a few vids i am about to put up for sale on ebay. i usually purge the old to bring in more new:D

ttyl...:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.