Alwyn, TT, KB & the X...C'mon in Monday!

Fit_mommy

Cathlete
Morning Girls!

I am up earlier then usual again. This time I didn't have dogs keeping me up but when DH got up I woke up and the brain started workin' and no more sleep for me!:-(

Oh well.

Today is HIIT. I am thinking of doing the IMAX2 premix that includes the recoveries this morning (that's the one I want right?)and then heading off to the gym for a 20 min run. It all depends on my motivation though. I am up plenty early to get it done but if I don't feel like moving I will end up doing it all at the gym so we'll see what happens. :7

I still have kettlebell legs although y'day's work out may have helped to extend the pain a bit. }(

Another hot one here in Jersey!BLECH!x(

Stay cool!

BBL.

ooopps....I was afraid that might happen. We both posted at the same time and now we have 2 threads started.........I'll copy and paste here.

his morning I did day 5 of last week's weight work for WSFL since it's the day I screwed up last week. I did the 30/90 sec intervals x 6 with w/u and c/d. I used Cathe's Muscle Max stretch for my stretch. Workout was 58" and I burned 440 calories. These shorter intervals are easy for me. I did shorter rest periods....but next time I should work harder during my rest instead to switch it up.

Have great workouts everyone.

I ended up buying that BodyBot program that Skwigg's is talking about and it doesn't work on my piece of crap computer. I hope they give me my money back!!

Hey Lora.

No problem about the double threads. It happens quite often actually. :) What is BOdyBot? Sorry it doesn't work on your computer. Don't return it. Go out and buy a new computer!}( :7 ;)

Hi All!

I couldn't get out of bed this morning, so I missed my workout time. So, I guess today is my rest day...

Wendy ~ Have fun w/the IM#2 intervals.

Lora ~ I returned WSFL, I liked the workouts, but there was no way in h*ll I was going to be able to follow that diet...

Have a good day ladies!

Good Morning Friends-

Tammy- I think the diet part of WSFL would be tough too based on the comment made so far. But we all know diet is the magic tool. I just don't choose to be 100% strict with it.

Wendy- I have never done the imax2 blast only premix. Let me knowif it is a real HIIT. I'll put it in my mix.

Lora- I have never heard of the Body Bot program either.

Hi to Sunny, Jacque and Jen and Lori!

Today is NROL4W 3B for the first time and HIIT short! I may do the HIIT first. I seem to do better with the NROL4W workouts if I am really warm first.

[font color=lime green][font size +3]Judy "Likes2bfit"

http://www.picturetrail.com/jafitmama

see if this works.....it's from Alwyn's email.

I like the sounds of this workout he lists, but have no idea how to do most of the exercises. Anyone?

Perform Better Workout

As promised here is the programming for the hands-on portion. Morning and afternoon sessions were a little different so I've listed different variations.

Warm up:
Running Drills - high knees, butt kicks, side shuffles, cariocas, high knee drives

Mobility:
1) Hip flexor and hamstring lunge complex
2) Lateral band X walks (2 variations)
3) Lateral Lunge - drop lunge complex

Prehabilitation:
1) YTWLI
2) Hip-thigh extension and glute bridge variations
3) Plank walk-ups

Core:
1) Swiss Ball Mountain Climbers - Hip Extension
2) Val slide planks and push away combinations
3) Side Planks (dynamic to crossover)

Strength and Elasticity:
1) Prone jacknife-push up combo paired with SHELC
2) Airex/Valslide Reverse Lunge Combo (optional counter -load) paired with VS mountain climbers
3) Kettlebell Swing paired with Goblet Squat and press hybrid

ESD:
1) Tabata Protocol: Jump Squat and Plyo Push up ( see The Body-Bot for more details)
2) Leg Matrix: 3 variations - 18 reps, 24 reps, 36 reps

The Body-Bot launches today - if you want to see how to create Tabata style ESD programs for yourself - make sure you check it the free videos at: the Body-Bot

We'll be doing this workout (or at least a modified version at the Long Beach Perform Better Summit later this month).

Here's the link - since it didn't copy

http://www.bodybot.com/?hop=alwynjc

IMAX 2 blast premix is done and yes, [font color=red]Judy[/font], I definately would consider it true HIIT. It's blast and recovery (high and low). That's it. No step routine. It kicked my butt!}(

Now it's off to do breakfast for the little guy, some potty time and then off to the gym for my run. I hope they have thier A/C kickin' today!:eek:

BBL for personals!:)

Good morning, groupies!

Workout is done for the day: WSFL weights, circuits and intervals. It was 75 degrees at five o'clock this morning when I did it, and it was so humid I thought I was going to die! It's supposed to be well into the nineties today, so I'm glad it's out of the way. I'm now exhausted though, and really need to focus on rehydrating.

Had a great weekend in Portsmouth! And ran a 6k yesterday in STIFLING heat. It was an AWFUL performance. Again, the heat was sooooo bad that I wasn't sure I was going to finish. But I did, and I'll be thinking twice about doing that again in 90 degree heat.

Lora, I've been curious about BodyBot. Alwyn mentioned it in one of his blogs, too. I think I'll look for more info.

Wendy, maybe there's something in the atmosphere. I had a terrible night's sleep, too, and for the exact same reason...can't turn that brain off!

Tammy, I think you did the right thing returning WSFL, because I think the program ONLY works if you can follow the diet 100%.

Judy, you'll have to let us know how you feel after putting the HIIT first. I'm not sure I could do it, but I'm interested to hear what you think.

Oh, and I had two things sh*t the bed on me this morning! One was the curling iron I use to straighten my hair, which isn't a huge deal because they're cheap to replace, but the other was my TREADMILL! I'm going to have to call someone to see if it can be fixed. Luckily I have an elliptical, but I do like my treadmill. It's nine years old now, and I don't know what the lifespan on those things are. If worse comes to worst, I'm going to need to start shopping for a new one. Can I make any more fitness purchases this year?!? People are going to think I'm going for a record!

BBL~

Jen

Good Morning!:)

Actually, its almost afternoon here now. I didn't have a hard night at work last night but i did sleep until 11 when I got home. I did wake at 10:18 but rolled back over:)

Im gonna start doing beter at following P90X as well. I really slacked last week but mainly b/c I hated Chest and back and kept putting it off.Im really hoping that the next round of workouts will be better...are they tougher? The chin ups are the only thing I find hard and Im using heavy weights as well...not no wimpy 8 lbs or anything...and no DOMS:-( I love DOMS , as sick as that sounds! LOL

Wendy** How old is Joey now? 3? And i take it you are trying to potty train him? Fun stuff! I won't even know how to go about that. My mom trained my DD, and that was easy. She was just a smart kid in general and they say girls are easier. I don't think DS will be trained anytime soon! LOL Have fun with that! hehe! Good job with with workout today!

Lora** Double post happen quit happen...and they always happen to me. I usually post whatever I have to say and then someone will sneak in with a "just getting us started" thread...LOL And then I have to copy and past! No biggie.

Tammie** Enjoy your rest day~!

Judy** Hope you have fun with you workouts!

Jen** Oh jen! Your having a rough start to your day! I thought something actually pooped in your bed! LOL That would have been bad. My TM gave out this yr and it was about 4 yrs old but it wasn't a real good one and Im lucky I got as much use out of it as I did. DH sold it the other day for $100, I couldn't beleive it. I told him to give it away...he was ripping some poor soul off. That thing would work somedays and not work others. He said that he had it running again and that it was fine, i doubt that!

Im thinking about doing BM2 today and some really good ab work! Gonna be sore! BUT I have to see what P90X says:+ This is recovery week so I really dont think it matters.

BBL! Have a good day everyone!
Lori:)

Hello ladies,

quickie post for me- i ran this morning for 25 mins on the track at the gym and later on this afternoon i am doing my AB workout from yesterday.

lora- i am thinking about the bodybot thing. sounds esp. interesting because i am a personal trainer.

ttyl...:)

Good morning everyone - looks like it may be afternoon for most of you by the time you may see this?

Wendy - my brain does that when I wake up too early also. Wish there was a way to turn it off cuz I'm usually still very tired. Great workout - have never done the IMax2 premix. Seems I have more things to figure out with Cathe workouts. Hope you can get a NapMax in today?

Lora - good workout and good idea for next time. Got some good calorie burn going there for a weight workout !:7 Sorry about the software program - thanks for the info. Looks like I have some "homework" to see what it is all about. I like Wendy's idea of a new computer.}(

Tammy - have a nice rest day ! I sometimes have a hard time getting up in the AM too and get those forced rest days cuz I feel like I won't be very productive at work if I actually drag my bootah out of bed before my time.:+

Judy - will be waiting for your review of 3B and whether the HIIT came first or not. I just love the fact that you are out there in front of me so I can get a preview!:+

Jen - glad you got your workout in while it was semi-cool. I am glad to be an AM exerciser right now cuz the sweat is dripping when it's only 70. And 6 miles in 90" is great no matter what - the heat really taxes your body so who cares how great of a run it was - YOU DID IT ! Sorry to hear about your TM ! Best of luck getting it fixed soon.

Lori - LOL at you liking DOMS, but I like a little too. I know that I am working out but the DOMS seem like proof, huh? Hope you have a great workout today with BM2.

Sunny - hi there - hope your AB goes well.

My workout this AM was Boot Camp and it kicked my bootie ! I don't feel like I have much endurance with the Cathe workouts any more. But,}( , I can see more muscle in my legs and arms as I am doing them now. Still dreaming that I may come close to Cathe and the crew someday - but think it may be somewhere over the rainbow ! All in all I am feeling stronger after the 1st Stage of NROLW and think I will enjoy Stage 2 a bit more as it has HIIT incorporated too.

TTYL - enjoy your Monday !

Okay, I'm back for personals. :)

Jen: Where do you work out that there is no a/c? Sorry about your treadmill though 9 years is a goodly long time, no? Perhaps it can be fixed and will be worth it though. You know never until you ask!:) I'd give up my left arm AND my gym membership to have a TM in my home. We just don't have the room in this house....x(

Lorie: I can't believe you find C&B on the easy side and don't get DOMS from it. You are my hero! I got DOMS every single time from that friggin' work out! LOL All of the X work outs are tough in thier own way IMO. Yes, Joey is three. We've been making potty training attempts with him since 2.5 and have yet to have any real luck with it. :-(

Sunny: If you get the Bodybot thing, let me know what you think.

Jacque: Yup, I got myself a quickie 15 minute snooze on the couch this afternoon. It was nice and just enough to perk me up for bowling tonight. :) So how long is your break from NROL4W before you start stage 2? Bootcamp is a goodie! When your schedule calls for HIIT in the future you should really give the IMAX2 blast premix a shot. It's PERFECT!}(

Tammy: Sorry you slept through your work out this morning. You'll make up for it tmrw!;)

So I hit the gym and braved the TM again. I got in 1.5 miles in 15:30 which is only 30 seconds off from a 10 minute mile which is a moderate but comfortable pace for me. I seem to be improving but I was hardly feeling confident and comfortable on the TM. Especially as I got closer to 6.0. :-( I will not give up though!!!

BBL!

hey ladies,

came back to say AB weights are done and i follwed it up by icycle 17, 20 mins!

i am back to feeling strong after last weeks TTOM. TTOM always throws me offx(

Quick check in to say that yesterday I did TT for Amazing Abs, workout B, along with a 90 minute bike ride. Will probably not do that again. :p But I enjoyed it. I get my chin up bar today, so I'm excited! I'm doing TT for Amazing Abs workout A tomorrow. I'll probably kill myself!

Hello all!

This has been a long afternoon! Five o'clock can't get here fast enough, in my opinion.

Wendy, I have a really small house, and it's 50+ years old with a damp basement and stuff, so I converted my two car garage into a home gym. I have the treamill out there, the elliptical, a Bowflex, a squat rack, my step, and t.v., a radio, and all my dvds. What more could I want? I coverend the floor in puzzle mats, and I have plenty of space for all those things and a spot for step workouts. The only thing it really needs is a paint job, but I haven't had the motivation to do that yet. It works out pretty well. There were some mornings this winter where it was a tad chilly, but for the most part I was fine with the right clothing. Now, with the warm weather here, it's not too bad if I get out there early enough. Obviously, I won't be air conditioning that. This morning happened to be particularly humid though, and I was suffering! The only drawback is that I have to clean snow off my car in the winter, but hey, sometimes you have to sacrifice. :7 My ex-husband thinks I'm nuts to give up my garage for that. Must be a guy thing, because I KNOW you all think I'm completely reasonable. (As a side note, it's actually his house that he bought after we divorced and sold our marital home. He renovated the whole thing. While it's a lot smaller than what we had together, it's pretty comfortable for me and the kids. So I live there, he pays the mortgage, and that's how he/we support our kids. It's kind of a good gig.)

Jacque, thanks for your words of encouragement. The race was only a 6k though, not a 6 miler. I think I'd be dead if I tried that in yesterday's heat!

Gotta do some work.
BBL ~

Jen

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.